As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SOLVED] Falken Tires--Scion tC

ScrubletScrublet Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I don't have the exact model, and will get it if you guys need it, but what are people's experiences with Falken tires? I'm going at lunch today to get new tires put on my tC to replace the worn out stock ones. They're costing $120/tire. I currently live in Indiana, and will be moving to Baltimore around Christmas, so it won't be going through any kind of extreme conditions, just normal rain and moderate snow. Comments?

subedii wrote: »
I hear PC gaming is huge off the coast of Somalia right now.

PSN: TheScrublet
Scrublet on

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I have Falken tires and thus far I have no complaints. Can't remember the type, though. They were not $120/tire, they were more like $70 or $80.

I live in Miami, so plenty of wet weather but no snow. Also, I drive a Civic, so similar enough to a tC.

Quoth on
  • Options
    1ddqd1ddqd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Falken is a good brand. If I had to recommend something "performance" though, I'd have to point to Toyo.

1ddqd on
  • Options
    KMFurDMKMFurDM Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    All season or summer only?

KMFurDM on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    All-season. Note: I'm not necessarily looking for "performance" tires...this is what was available at Sears, so I was just checking that it was legit before I get there in about an hour.

Scrublet on

• Options
    KMFurDMKMFurDM Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    Have you checked Tire Rack?

KMFurDM on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I've got Falken FK-451s on my G35, and I've got no complaints. Very, very nice tires for spirited driving, but they also preform quite well in rain/light snow.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    infofcerinfofcer Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I've had a set of falken ze-912's on my miata since november or so and have had no complaints. Oregon winters are pretty wet and they worked out great.

infofcer on
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    the only complaints I've heard are for Falken rims, not tires. Apparently the rims are notorious for being tough to remove/replace tires on them.

But for the tires themselves, I've heard nothing but good things.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Thanks everyone, I got them and they look fine on the surface. Glad to be out of my bald stock tires.

Scrublet on

This discussion has been closed.