Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

UK Bargains Thread III: For Fuck's Sake Lewie Use The Right Thread

WillethWilleth Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in Games and Technology
paa_win.jpg

We're a little island, but we have a lot of heart. We also have so many bargains, and we're passing the savings onto you! God knows we need them.


GOOZEX EUROPE NOW OPEN
Goozex, the game trading website, is now available to Europeans. You can sign up by clicking this bit of interactive text.
Basically, you offer your games for a points value. Once you have accrued enough points, you can use them to buy games from other users. Best thing - the trade-in value for games is far higher than you'll get at any retailer.


Here's how it goes down:

You find a bargain on a game, you let us know. You want to find a bargain on a game, you come to this thread! It's like, circle, dude.

Also, LewieP is the goddamn man. Check out his website - it sprang up from the first thread and there's bargains for days. He filters out the crap and takes a little money for the privilege. But we're not going to grudge him that, because he's such a nice fellow. You'll have a hard time finding something cheaper than on here and if you do, let us know! I'm sure we'll love it.

Now also on RockPaperShotgun every week as the PC Gaming Bargain Bucket!


Further reading:
Hot UK Deals
Google Product Search
Cheap Arse Gamer (CAG UK)
SavyGamer
Goozex

Willeth on
@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
@gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
«13456763

Posts

  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    Well, I kind of knew it was coming.

    Hopefully they don't decrease my readership, but regardless, it's going to be the consumers who win when there are more people looking for good deals.

    I'm kinda surprised they didn't recruit you man. But hey.

    Be online tonight, I want a chat.

    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, I did try...

    I might be going out, but if not I'll be on msn.

  • oddmentoddment Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Hey guys! Looking for the cheapest price possible for Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on the PC. Me and my housemates are into our co-op LAN gaming at the mo and are nearly done with GRAW2. Hope someone can help, cos I don't wanna have to pay £24.99 for it!

    PSN Sig Hidden Within!*
    Spoiler:
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    oddment wrote: »
    Hey guys! Looking for the cheapest price possible for Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on the PC. Me and my housemates are into our co-op LAN gaming at the mo and are nearly done with GRAW2. Hope someone can help, cos I don't wanna have to pay £24.99 for it!

    Rainbow Six Vegas 2, PC - £17.99 delivered

    :D

    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    (you should use Lewie's link)

    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Zilla360Zilla360 Spaaaace! In Space.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    darleysam wrote: »
    I was walking through driving rain with my phone in my pocket. It may not have been the smartest move..
    Was just three months from retirement, too. 18 month contract from last April :(
    Warm airing cupboard dude. Fixes even drowned laptops 90% of the time.

  • mattclemmattclem Registered User
    edited July 2008
    I have finally given in and will be purchasing an HDTV just before E3. As such, I'm looking into filling out my collection for this gen and picking up one or both of the two HD consoles (360 definitely, PS3 if the price is right).

    My gut instinct is that there'll be no UK price drop for the 360 at E3 (Aren't we already a price-drop or so ahead of the US?) but possibly one for the PS3; however, you've not had anything in the way of console deals for a couple of weeks, so is there anything that looks like a particularly good bargain currently?

    If any price drops materialise at either conference, I might be asking this again a week on Wednesday :-)

    (Bonus brownie points if a 360 deal guarantees the HDMI socket or a PS3 deal guarantees a model that still has some semblance of backwards compatability!)

  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, we aren't going to have an official 360 price drop any time soon, there was one around the release of GTA4 iirc, and the USA still hasn't had a comparable price drop, it's long overdue imo.

    I'll keep an eye out for console deals, but as you say, with E3 so close, it's worth hanging tight for the time being.


    Xbox 360 wireless controller - £22.99 delivered
    Overlord, Xbox 360 - £10 delivered
    Boom Blox, Wii - £24.98 delivered
    Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Wii - £9.99 delivered
    Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, PC - £9.99 delivered
    Devil May Cry 4 , PS3 - £19.99 delivered
    Lost Odyssey, Xbox 360 - £14.69 delivered
    Infinite Undiscovery, Xbox 360 - £29.98 delivered

    Edit: and as of now, unless you are buying a 2nd hand console, there are no PS3s available with PS2 BC, they have been discontinued in favour of the cheaper 40GB model.

  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
  • AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    LewieP wrote: »

    I love you

    EDIT: WITH BONGOS *drool*

    EDIT2: But no international shipping...

    steam_sig.png
  • LegbaLegba Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I already have two bongos, and noone to play with. For shame.

    Also, blue dotted.

  • XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That's a bought Jungle Beat, I think.
    Awesome, Lewie.

  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Legba wrote: »
    I already have two bongos, and noone to play with. For shame.

    Same.

    Go for it Xagarath, it's a wonderful game.

  • LegbaLegba Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Any deals for Stranglehold, by any chance? Played the demo last night and enjoyed the hell out of it.

  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Legba wrote: »
    Any deals for Stranglehold, by any chance? Played the demo last night and enjoyed the hell out of it.

    I've just been thinking of picking that up to actually.

    The Collectors Edition on 360 is the same price as the regular edition at Cex, £8, but they don't have any stock online.

    If you are near any of these shops, then I think that's your best bet.

  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    If you want to know what the full experience of Stranglehold is, just play the demo over and over and over and over until you're sick of it. Then you don't need to buy the full game.

    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • LegbaLegba Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    Legba wrote: »
    Any deals for Stranglehold, by any chance? Played the demo last night and enjoyed the hell out of it.

    I've just been thinking of picking that up to actually.

    The Collectors Edition on 360 is the same price as the regular edition at Cex, £8, but they don't have any stock online.

    If you are near any of these shops, then I think that's your best bet.

    Sweet. I'm going to head out in a bit and pick it up. At £8 I'm sold even if it is just the demo with more awesome cutscenes and crotch shots. :D

    Add me to your friends list, by the by, and we'll have at least one other person to try the multiplayer against. Something tells me this won't have a Halo 3 sized community. ;)

  • AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    At £8 Stranglehold is a decent play. I bought it for £13.99 and I wouldn't have paid any more. Like Willeth said, it's the same thing over and over, a bit unpolished but at least it's fun :)

    On another note, a few months earlier I read somewhere CEX were struggling, now it seems they're in good shape?

    paDudSig.jpg
  • APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User
    edited July 2008
    GAME are carrying preowned accessories, but barely anyone knows and internally the company doesn't yet have a protocol for displaying them.

    Make sure to ask them. Today I got a preowned 360 wireless pad for 20 quid - barely used and 13 quid off the normal price. They had a lot more, too.

    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Seems too many people may have jumped on that Cex Jungle Beat business. My order's in, but it hasn't shipped, and they've run out of stock.
    Just have to wait and see, I suppose.

  • carbon13carbon13 Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    oddment wrote: »
    Hey guys! Looking for the cheapest price possible for Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on the PC. Me and my housemates are into our co-op LAN gaming at the mo and are nearly done with GRAW2. Hope someone can help, cos I don't wanna have to pay £24.99 for it!

    Rainbow Six Vegas 2, PC - £17.99 delivered

    :D


    How about vegas 2 for the 360? Your link on savygamer for play.com never worked Lewie- must be sold out.

    Oh and remember i saw Bioshock at the hut for £12? bastard still isn't in stock, getting automated emails every few days saying they are chasing it up. Anyone seen bishock for under £15, new or used is fine.

    First rule of Teacher Club: You don't touch the kids.
    Second rule of Teacher Club: You DO NOT touch the kids.
  • MichaelJWilliamsMichaelJWilliams Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    carbon13 wrote: »
    Willeth wrote: »
    oddment wrote: »
    Hey guys! Looking for the cheapest price possible for Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on the PC. Me and my housemates are into our co-op LAN gaming at the mo and are nearly done with GRAW2. Hope someone can help, cos I don't wanna have to pay £24.99 for it!

    Rainbow Six Vegas 2, PC - £17.99 delivered

    :D


    How about vegas 2 for the 360? Your link on savygamer for play.com never worked Lewie- must be sold out.

    Oh and remember i saw Bioshock at the hut for £12? bastard still isn't in stock, getting automated emails every few days saying they are chasing it up. Anyone seen bishock for under £15, new or used is fine.

    360 version, £14.97 at Woolworths online (free delivery).

  • BiopticBioptic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Quick request - got a friend going off to be a barrister in Singapore in a couple of weeks, and we all thought the original Phoenix Wright would be a pretty spiffy gift.

    Only problem? Haven't seen any new copies of it anywhere in yonks! Any tips on a decent price for a new copy (high street or online)? Thanks.

  • RotamRotam Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    carbon13 wrote: »
    Willeth wrote: »
    oddment wrote: »
    Hey guys! Looking for the cheapest price possible for Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on the PC. Me and my housemates are into our co-op LAN gaming at the mo and are nearly done with GRAW2. Hope someone can help, cos I don't wanna have to pay £24.99 for it!

    Rainbow Six Vegas 2, PC - £17.99 delivered

    :D


    How about vegas 2 for the 360? Your link on savygamer for play.com never worked Lewie- must be sold out.

    Oh and remember i saw Bioshock at the hut for £12? bastard still isn't in stock, getting automated emails every few days saying they are chasing it up. Anyone seen bishock for under £15, new or used is fine.

    Zavvi had it recently in their sale for 12 pounds, I think. Its weird because I was just playing this game earlier on today. Bioshock is fucking sweet.


    *Checks*

    Yeah, they still have it on sale. Lewie may have a link for it on Savygamer. Zavvi aren't bad, I'm still waiting for my copy of R6 Vegas from them though.

  • RookRook Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Bioptic wrote: »
    Quick request - got a friend going off to be a barrister in Singapore in a couple of weeks, and we all thought the original Phoenix Wright would be a pretty spiffy gift.

    Only problem? Haven't seen any new copies of it anywhere in yonks! Any tips on a decent price for a new copy (high street or online)? Thanks.

    Which one, there's like a bijillion PW games aren't there?

  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    'Original' meaning Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for the DS, right? It's pretty hard to get now for some reason. I think it was a limited print run.

    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Rook wrote: »
    Bioptic wrote: »
    Quick request - got a friend going off to be a barrister in Singapore in a couple of weeks, and we all thought the original Phoenix Wright would be a pretty spiffy gift.

    Only problem? Haven't seen any new copies of it anywhere in yonks! Any tips on a decent price for a new copy (high street or online)? Thanks.

    Which one, there's like a bijillion PW games aren't there?

    Bolded the helpful part.

    Some people on Amazon are selling copies for £28 upwards. On eBay they are selling the game for £13.80 including postage, but it's from Hong Kong and the game is so rare now that such a low price screams fake to me.

    Edit: If you can manage to find the Japanese version, buy it. It's got an English Language option.

    I write about games at Curiouser.org
  • RotamRotam Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, they had a limited print run of the game at first, but I'm nearly sure they did another run after that. Its still pretty rare to find a new copy of the game though.

    I looked on Amazon there. They have it through marketplace sellers, something like 29 quid for a used copy. I had no idea it was so goddamn expensive.

    Edit - Beat'd by Centipeed.

  • BiopticBioptic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ah - many thanks to you all! Yeah - I knew PW: AA was getting tricky to find, but I thought that since it was strongly supported by Nintendo of Europe (getting TV ads, listed under the stars program) that it might still be being printed.

    In any case, will keep an eye out for it at some of the larger HMVs, or might try the £28 new copy (US version) being sold at PlayTrade.

    Kind of a stupid way to establish a long-running franchise, isn't it? Make each sucessive story heavily dependant on the previous ones, but cease production of each installment before the sequel's released. To say nothing of the whole 'releasing IV before III' debacle over here.

  • XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm still amazed I found a copy of PW1 a few months ago.
    Wander into shop to buy a DS, look around for a game to get with it, and there it was on the shelf.

  • RookRook Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Centipeed wrote: »
    Rook wrote: »
    Bioptic wrote: »
    Quick request - got a friend going off to be a barrister in Singapore in a couple of weeks, and we all thought the original Phoenix Wright would be a pretty spiffy gift.

    Only problem? Haven't seen any new copies of it anywhere in yonks! Any tips on a decent price for a new copy (high street or online)? Thanks.

    Which one, there's like a bijillion PW games aren't there?

    Bolded the helpful part.

    Some people on Amazon are selling copies for £28 upwards. On eBay they are selling the game for £13.80 including postage, but it's from Hong Kong and the game is so rare now that such a low price screams fake to me.

    Edit: If you can manage to find the Japanese version, buy it. It's got an English Language option.

    Wasn't the original Phoenix Wright on the GBA though :p

  • BiopticBioptic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Rook wrote: »
    Wasn't the original Phoenix Wright on the GBA though :p
    Yup - back in 2001! But they rereleased the first 3 on DS in Japan, adding that bonus 5th case to PW: AA in the process. I don't know whether it was to stimulate imports or what, but they added added English localisations to each of the remakes. The Japanese versions include both Japanese and English voices and text - much like the EU versions of the games contain both English and French voices + text!

  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Trauma Centre: Second Opinion, Wii - £12.49 collect in store.
    Sega Rally, PS3 - £7.99 delivered
    Burnout: Paradise, PS3 - £15.77 collect in store.
    Burnout: Paradise, Xbox 360 - £15.79 collect in store.
    Army Of Two, Xbox 360 - £15.79 collect in store.
    Army Of Two, PS3 - £15.77 collect in store.
    Dark Sector, Xbox 360 - £17.99 delivered
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Wii - £19.99 delivered

  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Looks like someone has vandalised my blog... :(

  • TechnicalityTechnicality Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I guess that's the internets way of telling you you're famous enough to need to care about security. They weren't very creative about it though, after going to all that trouble all they could think of was "ha ha"?

    handt.jpg tor.jpg

  • Duchess ProzacDuchess Prozac Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I guess that's the internets way of telling you you're famous enough to need to care about security. They weren't very creative about it though, after going to all that trouble all they could think of was "ha ha"?

    I do believe the vandalism has something to do with advertising new batman film. What with the Line: 'Why So Serious, Stranger' which has been plastered all around the net for the past six months or so.

  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Well, the 'stranger' part was originally there, it used to be "what're you buying, Stranger?"

«13456763
Sign In or Register to comment.