As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

UK Bargains Thread III: For Fuck's Sake Lewie Use The Right Thread

• Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, we aren't going to have an official 360 price drop any time soon, there was one around the release of GTA4 iirc, and the USA still hasn't had a comparable price drop, it's long overdue imo.

I'll keep an eye out for console deals, but as you say, with E3 so close, it's worth hanging tight for the time being.

Xbox 360 wireless controller - £22.99 delivered
    Overlord, Xbox 360 - £10 delivered
    Boom Blox, Wii - £24.98 delivered
    Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Wii - £9.99 delivered
    Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, PC - £9.99 delivered
    Devil May Cry 4 , PS3 - £19.99 delivered
    Lost Odyssey, Xbox 360 - £14.69 delivered
    Infinite Undiscovery, Xbox 360 - £29.98 delivered

Edit: and as of now, unless you are buying a 2nd hand console, there are no PS3s available with PS2 BC, they have been discontinued in favour of the cheaper 40GB model.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    LewieP on
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    LewieP wrote: »

I love you

EDIT: WITH BONGOS *drool*

EDIT2: But no international shipping...

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I already have two bongos, and noone to play with. For shame.

Also, blue dotted.

Legba on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That's a bought Jungle Beat, I think.
    Awesome, Lewie.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Legba wrote: »
    I already have two bongos, and noone to play with. For shame.

Same.

Go for it Xagarath, it's a wonderful game.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Any deals for Stranglehold, by any chance? Played the demo last night and enjoyed the hell out of it.

Legba on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Any deals for Stranglehold, by any chance? Played the demo last night and enjoyed the hell out of it.

I've just been thinking of picking that up to actually.

The Collectors Edition on 360 is the same price as the regular edition at Cex, £8, but they don't have any stock online.

If you are near any of these shops, then I think that's your best bet.

LewieP on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    If you want to know what the full experience of Stranglehold is, just play the demo over and over and over and over until you're sick of it. Then you don't need to buy the full game.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I've just been thinking of picking that up to actually.

The Collectors Edition on 360 is the same price as the regular edition at Cex, £8, but they don't have any stock online.

If you are near any of these shops, then I think that's your best bet.

Sweet. I'm going to head out in a bit and pick it up. At £8 I'm sold even if it is just the demo with more awesome cutscenes and crotch shots. :D

Add me to your friends list, by the by, and we'll have at least one other person to try the multiplayer against. Something tells me this won't have a Halo 3 sized community. ;)

Legba on
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    At £8 Stranglehold is a decent play. I bought it for £13.99 and I wouldn't have paid any more. Like Willeth said, it's the same thing over and over, a bit unpolished but at least it's fun :)

On another note, a few months earlier I read somewhere CEX were struggling, now it seems they're in good shape?

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    GAME are carrying preowned accessories, but barely anyone knows and internally the company doesn't yet have a protocol for displaying them.

Make sure to ask them. Today I got a preowned 360 wireless pad for 20 quid - barely used and 13 quid off the normal price. They had a lot more, too.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • Options
    edited July 2008
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Seems too many people may have jumped on that Cex Jungle Beat business. My order's in, but it hasn't shipped, and they've run out of stock.
    Just have to wait and see, I suppose.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    carbon13carbon13 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    oddment wrote: »
    Hey guys! Looking for the cheapest price possible for Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on the PC. Me and my housemates are into our co-op LAN gaming at the mo and are nearly done with GRAW2. Hope someone can help, cos I don't wanna have to pay £24.99 for it!

Rainbow Six Vegas 2, PC - £17.99 delivered

:D

How about vegas 2 for the 360? Your link on savygamer for play.com never worked Lewie- must be sold out.

Oh and remember i saw Bioshock at the hut for £12? bastard still isn't in stock, getting automated emails every few days saying they are chasing it up. Anyone seen bishock for under £15, new or used is fine.

carbon13 on
    First rule of Teacher Club: You don't touch the kids.
    Second rule of Teacher Club: You DO NOT touch the kids.
  • Options
    MichaelJWilliamsMichaelJWilliams Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    carbon13 wrote: »
    Hey guys! Looking for the cheapest price possible for Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on the PC. Me and my housemates are into our co-op LAN gaming at the mo and are nearly done with GRAW2. Hope someone can help, cos I don't wanna have to pay £24.99 for it!

How about vegas 2 for the 360? Your link on savygamer for play.com never worked Lewie- must be sold out.

Oh and remember i saw Bioshock at the hut for £12? bastard still isn't in stock, getting automated emails every few days saying they are chasing it up. Anyone seen bishock for under £15, new or used is fine.

360 version, £14.97 at Woolworths online (free delivery).

MichaelJWilliams on
  • Options
    BiopticBioptic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Quick request - got a friend going off to be a barrister in Singapore in a couple of weeks, and we all thought the original Phoenix Wright would be a pretty spiffy gift.

Only problem? Haven't seen any new copies of it anywhere in yonks! Any tips on a decent price for a new copy (high street or online)? Thanks.

Bioptic on
  • Options
    RotamRotam Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    carbon13 wrote: »

Zavvi had it recently in their sale for 12 pounds, I think. Its weird because I was just playing this game earlier on today. Bioshock is fucking sweet.

*Checks*

Yeah, they still have it on sale. Lewie may have a link for it on Savygamer. Zavvi aren't bad, I'm still waiting for my copy of R6 Vegas from them though.

Rotam on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Bioptic wrote: »
    Quick request - got a friend going off to be a barrister in Singapore in a couple of weeks, and we all thought the original Phoenix Wright would be a pretty spiffy gift.

Only problem? Haven't seen any new copies of it anywhere in yonks! Any tips on a decent price for a new copy (high street or online)? Thanks.

Which one, there's like a bijillion PW games aren't there?

Rook on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    'Original' meaning Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for the DS, right? It's pretty hard to get now for some reason. I think it was a limited print run.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Rook wrote: »

Bolded the helpful part.

Some people on Amazon are selling copies for £28 upwards. On eBay they are selling the game for £13.80 including postage, but it's from Hong Kong and the game is so rare now that such a low price screams fake to me.

Edit: If you can manage to find the Japanese version, buy it. It's got an English Language option.

Centipeed on
  • Options
    RotamRotam Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, they had a limited print run of the game at first, but I'm nearly sure they did another run after that. Its still pretty rare to find a new copy of the game though.

I looked on Amazon there. They have it through marketplace sellers, something like 29 quid for a used copy. I had no idea it was so goddamn expensive.

Edit - Beat'd by Centipeed.

Rotam on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Ah - many thanks to you all! Yeah - I knew PW: AA was getting tricky to find, but I thought that since it was strongly supported by Nintendo of Europe (getting TV ads, listed under the stars program) that it might still be being printed.

In any case, will keep an eye out for it at some of the larger HMVs, or might try the £28 new copy (US version) being sold at PlayTrade.

Kind of a stupid way to establish a long-running franchise, isn't it? Make each sucessive story heavily dependant on the previous ones, but cease production of each installment before the sequel's released. To say nothing of the whole 'releasing IV before III' debacle over here.

Bioptic on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I'm still amazed I found a copy of PW1 a few months ago.
    Wander into shop to buy a DS, look around for a game to get with it, and there it was on the shelf.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Centipeed wrote: »

Bolded the helpful part.

Some people on Amazon are selling copies for £28 upwards. On eBay they are selling the game for £13.80 including postage, but it's from Hong Kong and the game is so rare now that such a low price screams fake to me.

Edit: If you can manage to find the Japanese version, buy it. It's got an English Language option.

Wasn't the original Phoenix Wright on the GBA though :p

Rook on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Wasn't the original Phoenix Wright on the GBA though :p
    Yup - back in 2001! But they rereleased the first 3 on DS in Japan, adding that bonus 5th case to PW: AA in the process. I don't know whether it was to stimulate imports or what, but they added added English localisations to each of the remakes. The Japanese versions include both Japanese and English voices and text - much like the EU versions of the games contain both English and French voices + text!

Bioptic on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Trauma Centre: Second Opinion, Wii - £12.49 collect in store.
    Sega Rally, PS3 - £7.99 delivered
    Burnout: Paradise, PS3 - £15.77 collect in store.
    Burnout: Paradise, Xbox 360 - £15.79 collect in store.
    Army Of Two, Xbox 360 - £15.79 collect in store.
    Army Of Two, PS3 - £15.77 collect in store.
    Dark Sector, Xbox 360 - £17.99 delivered
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Wii - £19.99 delivered

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Looks like someone has vandalised my blog... :(

LewieP on
  • Options
    TechnicalityTechnicality Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I guess that's the internets way of telling you you're famous enough to need to care about security. They weren't very creative about it though, after going to all that trouble all they could think of was "ha ha"?

Technicality on
    handt.jpg tor.jpg

• Options
    Duchess ProzacDuchess Prozac Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I guess that's the internets way of telling you you're famous enough to need to care about security. They weren't very creative about it though, after going to all that trouble all they could think of was "ha ha"?

I do believe the vandalism has something to do with advertising new batman film. What with the Line: 'Why So Serious, Stranger' which has been plastered all around the net for the past six months or so.

Duchess Prozac on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well, the 'stranger' part was originally there, it used to be "what're you buying, Stranger?"

LewieP on
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Aren't you using blogspot, or did someone catch your password?

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I wasn't actually vandalised, I did it.

LewieP on
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I wasn't actually vandalised, I did it.

:o

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TechnicalityTechnicality Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Scandalous!

Technicality on
    handt.jpg tor.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2008
    LewieP on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You whores had better pick up the club for 8 quid. worth so much more.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I wouldn't play the club if someone paid me £8. Especially the PC version.

Rook on
  • Options
    JammersJammers Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I wouldn't play the club if someone paid me £8. Especially the PC version.

I briefly played the PS3 version at my mates house, and it seemed worth at least £8. Does the PC version have bugs or something?

Jammers on
    Xbox Live - Jammers007
    Nintendo Network ID - Jammers007
    3DS - 1418-6751-8378
    Steam - Jammers007