Obligatory Torres is a BAMF picture:
We now present the SECOND incarnation of the infamous "soccer" thread.
Now with 100% less Portuguese Bloke who plays for that Manchester team.
What is Football?
Football is a simple game where upon 22 men chase a ball around, and in the end the Germans win.
Wait, isn't that soccer?
Only in backwards countries like the United States and...Australia.
Man, I got so hot for Chelsea, they are my favorite team and Man United fans are piles of sticks!
You sir, can leave our cultured FOOTBALL
thread where upon there shall only be the highest of discourse. I present you an example from the last thread of the way gentlemen speak about the game:
Man, Rigobert Song is a fcking moron. He did like 5 things wrong on the play that let Egypt win.
Okay, maybe not then. But just try and remember that everyone has different opinions, and just because your team won the League and the Champions League and has that Portugese Winger Fellow, doesn't meant that they are "the best evar" or that we should "suck it."
Mission Statement: In this thread we en devour to:
* Witness trash talk between EvilBob and Lord Of The Pants, as Adelaide sell all their good young players, and as Sydney buy shit old ones.
* Call for the death of Graham Arnold, as he couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag.
* NOT debate the strengths and weaknesses of various Arsenal defenders, way to go to wreck a thread.
* Quote Kevin Keeganisms whenever possible. (You can't do any better than a draw away from home.)
* Smile patronizingly as that Irish guy (Tav) tries to engage us in conversation about the Irish league.
* Generally spoil any and every major sporting event that happens in Football. Normally with a thread title change. That's how we roll. We expect you are up with it, so don't whine when the thread title is "Where is your Cultured Portuguese Winger Now?"
* Not listen when people claim the England squad has a left hand side.
* Mention Football Manager, and Football Manager Live at infrequent intervals.
* Talk about our fantasy leagues, in which people will organize soon.
* Not mention any of these following blacklisted players:
``Alloooisssiii Johhhhnnny Alloooisssiiii!
*Continue to post witty youtube clips, like
Premier League Fantasy
Register at the Premier League's website. You will create your team right away.
Then, find the area where you can join a league. It will as you for a join code. The Penny-Arcade join code is 127455-31740.
We also started a mini-league for "I Know the Score," where we guess the scores of each match of each gameweek. The join code for our mini-league is FAA0D-LJQ.
And finally, chill out!
Remember: Football is one of those things where you can be right in an argument and still get beaten up.
Oh and you can talk about the MLS. We have no problems with that. Except we're are mostly Europeans and Convicts in this thread.