Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Critical Failures: AWESOME POST in "Captain Planet Phalla (Gameday 5)", by Archr5

Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User
Gorilla Salad has reported a post.

Reason:
Ummm....
Forum: Critical Failures
Posted by: Archr5

Original Content:
anally rape me with a woodland creature once... shame on you...

anally rape me with ... uh.. creature. shame on uh... your raped you can't get raped again.

Gorilla Salad on
Organichu wrote: »
The main rub is that, fuck, I'm already paying some to upgrade the length... why not pay a little bit more to upgrade the length AND width?

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Context:

In Gameday 3 of this (ongoing) Phalla, Captain Planet was summoned and things did not go overly well for the village.

In this post, in Gameday 5, the village is now in an even worse position, and Archr5 assists in contemplating his resummoning.

I have a blog. Read it. Blog-reading makes you pretty and popular.
  • KreutzKreutz Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Someone in administration should just add "get off the stage" to the list of voting options.

• Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User
    edited July 2008
    So you think this qualifies as a "Critical Failure"?
    Spoiler:

Organichu wrote: »
    The main rub is that, fuck, I'm already paying some to upgrade the length... why not pay a little bit more to upgrade the length AND width?
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Kreutz wrote: »
    Someone in administration should just add "get off the stage" to the list of voting options.

Or a voting option that when enough people choose it, automatically locks the thread.

• Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Kreutz wrote: »

Jesus fuck, I am sick and tired of you fucking people rushing into every "awesome" thread and shitting all over it as fucking fast as possible. It's not fucking funny, it's not fucking creative, and all you're doing is slowly making this place seem like a bad idea, which it's not.

And before you bring it up, I'll go ahead and say it. I use to do this shit in here, but you know what? I realized that this forum is a good idea, and if it's gonna stick around, we can't have all this negative, useless shit. So I'm changing my ways, if something isn't awesome to me, I'll vote it down. I won't go into a thread to spray piss everywhere in some childish attempt to convey all the impotent rage built up inside me. Do you remember what your mother told you? If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Do you remember that?

This isn't directed at you either, it's directed at everyone. Theres no reason to act this way. There is no goddamn reason to shit all over someone else post in here, except to be a shit stain. That or they think they're clever as fuck or edgy like a razor. Sick cut bro!

And just for fun, lets go ahead and look at what you just said, "add "get off the stage" to the list of voting options". Hey that's a great idea, except for the fact that the poster probably didn't ask people to nominate him. So you're attacking a guy who didn't ask to be put up there.

Fuck. This shit is infuriating, it's one thing to do this in SE++ where it's cool and I fully support doing it, but jesus, even I am tired of all this negative bullshit.

You don't like a post? That is fine, that is great, infact you can even say so. Say, 'Oh, I don't think this is that funny' or 'This doesn't really appeal to me', don't say 'Haha this is fucking dumb, you're dumb, booo get off the stage.' So go ahead and vote it down, no ones stopping you, but for fucks sake, this forum isn't about who can shit on posts fastest or best, it's about honoring people who have made an awesome contribution to the forum, and bringing it into the light so everyone can see and recognize what they've done.

I'm just sick of this mad dash to be the first douchebag to shit all over a thread. And everyone does it, mods included.

When did we turn this forum into SE++ light?

TL,DR;

This place is turning to shit because everyone needs to be a big douchebag, myself included.

• TubeTube Working As Intended Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited July 2008
    There are posters like Kreutz who come into pretty much every thread and say how terrible it is. Those posters should perhaps ponder why no one even nominates their posts as awesome.

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    They are also the reason I asked someone else to nominate the post.

I have a blog. Read it. Blog-reading makes you pretty and popular.
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I thought it was great.

Anal rape with a sweet reference.

scarab you have mental problems
  • Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You know, I did a little digging and found this in a thread hidden all the way back on the first goddamn page stickied.

It's easy to miss the message, I mean, the title is just ABOUT THIS FORUM: DON'T BE A DICK, but anyways, on to my discovery.
    STRONGER SUGGESTION

Don't be a dick. That whole cross-forum trolling bullshit thing some of you are doing? Yeah, don't do that. This isn't a place we should actually have to throw cards in, it should just be awesome. So knock it the fuck off.

I don't know why I'm so angry over this trivial bullshit. I'm probaby just tired and cranky.

• KreutzKreutz Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm not involved in any cross-forum bullshit.

I don't care if my posts get nominated.

This post was significantly below awesome, and I called it as such. If it were somewhat awesome, I would have marked it average and said nothing. If it were awesome, I would have marked it awesome and praised it.

Not every post in this sub-forum is awesome. Sometimes people post shit with little to no context. Sometimes the posts just aren't amusing or trend-setting. In my opinion this post met both criteria.

I apologize if my conduct offends you so much.

• INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yeah I mean that post wasn't very awesome but Kreutz is probably still pretty annoying

sometimes you just gotta do a thing
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Filler, I love you so much.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I thought it was funny. I like a good rape and George Bush joke as much as much as the next guy. Combine the two for maximum awesome.

Games completed recently: Dragon's Crown, Knights of Pen and Paper, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (20th time), Defender's Quest, The Witcher