Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

SANDWICHES ARE THE BEST

135

Posts

  • XhaztolXhaztol Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Gavin wrote: »
    Xhaztol wrote: »
    Gavin wrote: »
    Xhaztol wrote: »
    Lately I've really been enjoying sliced red or white onion on my sandwiches. I used to hate onions. Am I becoming a man?

    I like onions on my italian subs, but I don't really know if they're red or white that I like.

    Is one of those options sweet?

    I find the red ones have bit more ZEST to them, so maybe the white is the sweeter.

    But when you say sweet, I mean, it still tastes like a god damned onion.

    I know that somewhere, somehow, exists an onion which is truely sweet, perhaps exempt of any real onion flavour at all.

    But I can only imagine...



    Sweet Onion

    kalamari.jpg
  • RialeRiale Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Killjoy wrote: »
    a wrap is a wrap unless someone calls it a sandwich

    Yes but.

    Filled objects eaten as a single course/main part of a meal. That usually involve some type of wheat outer layer and inner layers that often include meat and some condiments.

    There are many similarities.

    Me? I'm a wrap man.

    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • GavinGavin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Riale wrote: »
    How do we feel about wraps?

    Can they coexist peacefully as a sort of sandwich subset, or is there going to be some rivalry happening?

    Honestly, I've never had a wrap.

    The thought just makes me angry, and so I feel like I'm not worthy to make that decision.

    Someone will have to take this one.

  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Mustard instead of Mayo Mmmmmm

    jkZziGc.png
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Xhaztol wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you have to have a puffy baked outer shell to be a sandwich of any kind.
    Are you serious? Ever had slices of bread from a loaf?

    Clearly flat and not puffy.

    Still sandwich material.

  • GavinGavin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Xhaztol wrote: »
    Gavin wrote: »
    Xhaztol wrote: »
    Gavin wrote: »
    Xhaztol wrote: »
    Lately I've really been enjoying sliced red or white onion on my sandwiches. I used to hate onions. Am I becoming a man?

    I like onions on my italian subs, but I don't really know if they're red or white that I like.

    Is one of those options sweet?

    I find the red ones have bit more ZEST to them, so maybe the white is the sweeter.

    But when you say sweet, I mean, it still tastes like a god damned onion.

    I know that somewhere, somehow, exists an onion which is truely sweet, perhaps exempt of any real onion flavour at all.

    But I can only imagine...



    Sweet Onion

    <3

  • XhaztolXhaztol Registered User
    edited July 2008
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Xhaztol wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you have to have a puffy baked outer shell to be a sandwich of any kind.
    Are you serious? Ever had slices of bread from a loaf?

    Clearly flat and not puffy.

    Still sandwich material.


    Well, when I meant puffy, I meant in relativity to a fuckin', y'know, tortilla. I consider bread loaf slices to be puffier than that.

    kalamari.jpg
  • GavinGavin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Mustard instead of Mayo Mmmmmm

    Mustard and Mayo, friend.

    Mustard and Mayo.

  • zeenkozeenko Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Xhaztol wrote: »
    zeenko wrote: »
    Xhaztol wrote: »
    Lately I've really been enjoying sliced red or white onion on my sandwiches. I used to hate onions. Am I becoming a man?

    grill those onions and we may put it under consideration

    I like both sides of the onion fence in regards to sandwiches.

    In that case, in the words of aerosmith, walk this way

  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Gavin wrote: »
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Mustard instead of Mayo Mmmmmm

    Mustard and Mayo, friend.

    Mustard and Mayo.

    This sounds blasphemously delicious. Also slightly toasted bread and fresh meats and cheeses and nom nom nom

    jkZziGc.png
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ok I had this sandwich at Steak & Shake. It had two burger patties, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes (none for me), cheese and this sauce called Frisco Sauce. It is the best goddamned sauce I have ever had. It is orange in color and was very sweet tasting. Can anyone tell me what exactly this is and where I can get some?

  • RialeRiale Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Gavin wrote: »
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Mustard instead of Mayo Mmmmmm

    Mustard and Mayo, friend.

    Mustard and Mayo.

    Good mustard only, please. Not that bright yellow puke in plastic bottles masquerading as mustard. Mustard needs some fucking grit to it.

    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
  • XhaztolXhaztol Registered User
    edited July 2008
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Ok I had this sandwich at Steak & Shake. It had two burger patties, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes (none for me), cheese and this sauce called Frisco Sauce. It is the best goddamned sauce I have ever had. It is orange in color and was very sweet tasting. Can anyone tell me what exactly this is and where I can get some?

    Sounds similar in taste and color to Thousand Island dressing..?

    kalamari.jpg
  • GavinGavin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    zeenko wrote: »
    Xhaztol wrote: »
    zeenko wrote: »
    Xhaztol wrote: »
    Lately I've really been enjoying sliced red or white onion on my sandwiches. I used to hate onions. Am I becoming a man?

    grill those onions and we may put it under consideration

    I like both sides of the onion fence in regards to sandwiches.

    In that case, in the words of aerosmith, walk this way

    What?

    This song is about a promiscuous cheerleader who leads a schoolboy through his first sexual experience.

  • XhaztolXhaztol Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Gavin wrote: »
    zeenko wrote: »
    Xhaztol wrote: »
    zeenko wrote: »
    Xhaztol wrote: »
    Lately I've really been enjoying sliced red or white onion on my sandwiches. I used to hate onions. Am I becoming a man?

    grill those onions and we may put it under consideration

    I like both sides of the onion fence in regards to sandwiches.

    In that case, in the words of aerosmith, walk this way

    What?

    This song is about a promiscuous cheerleader who leads a schoolboy through his first sexual experience.

    I bet afterward they have sandwiches :)

    kalamari.jpg
  • RialeRiale Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Gavin wrote: »
    zeenko wrote: »
    Xhaztol wrote: »
    zeenko wrote: »
    Xhaztol wrote: »
    Lately I've really been enjoying sliced red or white onion on my sandwiches. I used to hate onions. Am I becoming a man?

    grill those onions and we may put it under consideration

    I like both sides of the onion fence in regards to sandwiches.

    In that case, in the words of aerosmith, walk this way

    What?

    This song is about a promiscuous cheerleader who leads a schoolboy through his first sexual experience.

    That's a metaphor for sandwich condiments if I've ever heard one.


    PS: Like a Virgin is about the daily trials of deli workers.

    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • GavinGavin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Ok I had this sandwich at Steak & Shake. It had two burger patties, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes (none for me), cheese and this sauce called Frisco Sauce. It is the best goddamned sauce I have ever had. It is orange in color and was very sweet tasting. Can anyone tell me what exactly this is and where I can get some?

    My mom has made that for me, and I know what you're going through right now.

    It truly is an incredible meal.

    I couldn't name it, however.

  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Xhaztol wrote: »
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Ok I had this sandwich at Steak & Shake. It had two burger patties, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes (none for me), cheese and this sauce called Frisco Sauce. It is the best goddamned sauce I have ever had. It is orange in color and was very sweet tasting. Can anyone tell me what exactly this is and where I can get some?

    Sounds similar in taste and color to Thousand Island dressing..?
    You know I just remembered someone told me that's what it was but that blew my mind and I rejected it.

    If you are right.

    By god if you are right...

  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Riale wrote: »
    Gavin wrote: »
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Mustard instead of Mayo Mmmmmm

    Mustard and Mayo, friend.

    Mustard and Mayo.

    Good mustard only, please. Not that bright yellow puke in plastic bottles masquerading as mustard. Mustard needs some fucking grit to it.

    Dijon mmm

    jkZziGc.png
  • GavinGavin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    burrito

    rosebud.

  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I had a chicken sandwich on naan bread with basil tomato sauce and roasted asparagus

    it was pretty good

    xmassig2.gif
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Ho! Ho! Ho! Drink Coke!Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I had dijon mustard for the first time some weeks ago

    I don't know how I lived so long without it

  • GavinGavin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Gavin wrote: »
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Mustard instead of Mayo Mmmmmm

    Mustard and Mayo, friend.

    Mustard and Mayo.

    This sounds blasphemously delicious. Also slightly toasted bread and fresh meats and cheeses and nom nom nom

    I spread them both on my bottom bunnery... and then?

    And then I mix them together. :winky:

  • XhaztolXhaztol Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Hmm...I'm getting a food boner.

    kalamari.jpg
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Also, on the topic of sauces, I hate mustard.

    This one fancy restaurant in town has blackened beef medallions. Little filets blackened with spices and a little cup of this sauce. The sauce is the second best ever (next to mystery frisco sauce). We asked the server what was in it.

    Yellow mustard, Dijon mustard, and coarse grain mustard.

    That is it.

    I don't understand.

  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Gavin wrote: »
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Gavin wrote: »
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Mustard instead of Mayo Mmmmmm

    Mustard and Mayo, friend.

    Mustard and Mayo.

    This sounds blasphemously delicious. Also slightly toasted bread and fresh meats and cheeses and nom nom nom

    I spread them both on my bottom bunnery... and then?

    And then I mix them together. :winky:

    Tell me more stud.

    jkZziGc.png
  • GavinGavin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I had dijon mustard for the first time some weeks ago

    I don't know how I lived so long without it

    Have you ever tried this?
    Spoiler:

    Because if that dijon tastes like good dijon then fuck you, and fuck your dijon.

  • MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    good mustard should be a rich golden brown, and it should make your nose bleed when you catch a whiff of it.

    Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

    Because he moderates an internet forum

    http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
  • GavinGavin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Also, on the topic of sauces, I hate mustard.

    This one fancy restaurant in town has blackened beef medallions. Little filets blackened with spices and a little cup of this sauce. The sauce is the second best ever (next to mystery frisco sauce). We asked the server what was in it.

    Yellow mustard, Dijon mustard, and coarse grain mustard.

    That is it.

    I don't understand.

    Lulz were achieved.

    I don't really know why.

  • KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2008
  • XhaztolXhaztol Registered User
    edited July 2008
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Xhaztol wrote: »
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Ok I had this sandwich at Steak & Shake. It had two burger patties, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes (none for me), cheese and this sauce called Frisco Sauce. It is the best goddamned sauce I have ever had. It is orange in color and was very sweet tasting. Can anyone tell me what exactly this is and where I can get some?

    Sounds similar in taste and color to Thousand Island dressing..?
    You know I just remembered someone told me that's what it was but that blew my mind and I rejected it.

    If you are right.

    By god if you are right...

    Thousand Island Dressing

    • Steak n Shake, a combination diner/fast food restaurant chain, dresses the Frisco Melt, All-American Melt, Chicken Melt, and Turkey Melt with Thousand Island dressing.


    WHAT DO I WIN

    kalamari.jpg
  • ShankusuShankusu __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2008
    man how can anyone be so dumb as to not think that mayo and mustard go together

    i mean really

    how do you get out of bed and walk and function without this basic knowledge

  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Ho! Ho! Ho! Drink Coke!Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Gavin wrote: »
    I had dijon mustard for the first time some weeks ago

    I don't know how I lived so long without it

    Have you ever tried this?
    Spoiler:

    Because if that dijon tastes like good dijon then fuck you, and fuck your dijon.

    Good grief man. I'm not four years old, and I'm not a moron.

  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Man some nice vinegar dressing on the sandwich bread is so fucking good. Also I like to put chips in my bread to give it some more crunch. Does anyone else do that or am I alone?

    jkZziGc.png
  • GavinGavin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Gavin wrote: »
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Gavin wrote: »
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Mustard instead of Mayo Mmmmmm

    Mustard and Mayo, friend.

    Mustard and Mayo.

    This sounds blasphemously delicious. Also slightly toasted bread and fresh meats and cheeses and nom nom nom

    I spread them both on my bottom bunnery... and then?

    And then I mix them together. :winky:

    Tell me more stud.

    Baby then I take Ms. Bunnerys best friend around back, and I spread a little of my honey mustard magic on her, she's so dry she's just begging for my touch.

    I think you know what happens next.

    I think you I stack that turkey, ham and cheese until everyone around is so erect they're afraid they're probably gay.

    Gay for my meat.

    Oh, and I forgot.

    crisp lettuce.

  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Xhaztol wrote: »
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Xhaztol wrote: »
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Ok I had this sandwich at Steak & Shake. It had two burger patties, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes (none for me), cheese and this sauce called Frisco Sauce. It is the best goddamned sauce I have ever had. It is orange in color and was very sweet tasting. Can anyone tell me what exactly this is and where I can get some?

    Sounds similar in taste and color to Thousand Island dressing..?
    You know I just remembered someone told me that's what it was but that blew my mind and I rejected it.

    If you are right.

    By god if you are right...

    Thousand Island Dressing

    • Steak n Shake, a combination diner/fast food restaurant chain, dresses the Frisco Melt, All-American Melt, Chicken Melt, and Turkey Melt with Thousand Island dressing.


    WHAT DO I WIN
    Goddamn.

    I miss my italics so much but no computer could render a statement as italicized as the above one.

  • GavinGavin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Gavin wrote: »
    I had dijon mustard for the first time some weeks ago

    I don't know how I lived so long without it

    Have you ever tried this?
    Spoiler:

    Because if that dijon tastes like good dijon then fuck you, and fuck your dijon.

    Good grief man. I'm not four years old, and I'm not a moron.

    Well Im just saying, lunchables Dijon was the first Dijon I ever tried, and if that shit is the good shit?

    I don't wanna go back.

  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Gavin wrote: »
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Gavin wrote: »
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Gavin wrote: »
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Mustard instead of Mayo Mmmmmm

    Mustard and Mayo, friend.

    Mustard and Mayo.

    This sounds blasphemously delicious. Also slightly toasted bread and fresh meats and cheeses and nom nom nom

    I spread them both on my bottom bunnery... and then?

    And then I mix them together. :winky:

    Tell me more stud.

    Baby then I take Ms. Bunnerys best friend around back, and I spread a little of my honey mustard magic on her, she's so dry she's just begging for my touch.

    I think you know what happens next.

    I think you I stack that turkey, ham and cheese until everyone around is so erect they're afraid they're probably gay.

    Gay for my meat.

    Oh, and I forgot.

    crisp lettuce.

    Oh.

    jkZziGc.png
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository SKREEEEEOOOONKKKKKK Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    How is the Sandreich coming along? Have we gotten to the point where all jewish sandwiches must be toasted yet? Also Quiznos is a front for the Nationalist Socialist German Workers Party.

    We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty, and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds'.
Sign In or Register to comment.