As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I just pulled a foxtail out of my cat's eye (Pet Injury Stories)

RialeRiale I'm a little slowRegistered User regular
edited July 2008 in Social Entropy++
Yes you read that right.

I noticed a few days ago that my cat had some minor gunk building up around one of his eyes. It didn't look that serious and he ran off before I could get a good look at it (he's an outdoor cat - I live on & around 6 acres of a park or so). I marked it off to a cold or some other minor infection and told myself I'd keep an eye on it.

Tonight was the first time I had seen him since, and said gunk had developed into a nice abscess-y looking protrusion that had me worried. Seeing as I rarely see him and knowing him, he'd be more likely to run off and die if it got serious, I decided to take matters into my own hands. A firm grip and a very careful pair of tweezers pulled from the corner of his eyesocket an ascessed foxtail about an inch long (including the tail).

Once I got it out he bolted, but he's a hardy fucker and his eye seemed to be in good shape as I took it out so I don't think he's in any lasting damage or danger. I'm glad I got it out when I did, but fuck, that was tense. Pictures maybe in a day or two.

So SE++, what crazy misadventures have you had with your pets?

33c9nxz.gif
Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
Riale on

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited July 2008
    once I dissected a cat in bio 2 and found one of those pet locator chips

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    About ten years ago I had a dog who managed to get a fox tail stuck up her nose.
    Those things are basically designed to not come out so she required a vet visit.
    Thinking back she did look pretty rediculous.

Rinder on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

D:

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Exasemo.gif

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    We are talking Pet Injuries in the actual pet thread already... however my dog Ace has a bad gait right now and its probably going to need an Xray. Something I really can't afford right now. Poor guy needs to stay off of it for a week but he is 8 months old and NEEDS to play. That is just about all he lives for. It's a sad sad story.

GRMike on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Everything in this thread is crappy

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    GRMike wrote: »
    We are talking Pet Injuries in the actual pet thread already...
    Ah shit really? I didn't check because it's 99% pet pictures and I have to hunt for it on the fourth page or whatever.
    however my dog Ace has a bad gait right now and its probably going to need an Xray. Something I really can't afford right now. Poor guy needs to stay off of it for a week but he is 8 months old and NEEDS to play. That is just about all he lives for. It's a sad sad story.
    Damn, that is really hard. Are you just trying to keep him off his feet or is he dealing with it?

ps your face is crappy houk

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Well... He is dealing with it. No walks, limiting house activity. Doing a lot of wrestling on the ground. He is with the girlfriend this week so she is handling it. I really hope it gets better before the weekend when we head to the lake. He loves to swim and chase the fish.

GRMike on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Riale wrote: »
    ps your face is crappy houk
    I know. It really is.

To clarify, I mainly meant that I hate hearing about pet injuries because animals are awesome and I used to have this almost-white golden retriever and one day we came home and found him dead with a bullet hole in his head.

Also my cat got hit by a car and its eye popped out and it dragged itself to our doorstep before dying.

But my mom's piece of shit asshole gray parrot won't fucking die because there's no justice in this world.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Threadbare SockThreadbare Sock regular
    edited July 2008
    This one time, my cat got nose cancer, and was unable to smell things anymore. As a result, she became more agressive with peoplel, presumably because she couldn't recognize them. She was older, so we had her put down.

Also, my dog got cancer in the face and we had her put down too.

Who would make a thread about your injured animals? this seems like a horrible idea for a thread.

Threadbare Sock on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    FOOT SWEATERS
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My pet shark once escaped and wreaked havoc off Martha's Vineyard before it was put down by the police chief.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    This one time, my cat got nose cancer, and was unable to smell things anymore. As a result, she became more agressive with peoplel, presumably because she couldn't recognize them. She was older, so we had her put down.

Also, my dog got cancer in the face and we had her put down too.

Who would make a thread about your injured animals? this seems like a horrible idea for a thread.

hey sometimes i like reading depressing stories

and injuries don't have to be all bad. pets can recover! This same cat also had this weird shit on his tail where part of the skin like got cut and partially severed and didn't grow back right so they had to do a little operation cause he had this weird fucking lump of skin on his tail.

but he was cool with it and he's totally fine now.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
  • Options
    DKWDKW Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Alright,

my boston terrier has no eyes.

DKW on
    You guys are so cool
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Was your dog designed by Guillermo del Toro?

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    DKWDKW Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Possibly. It's awesome, he always walks into walls.

DKW on
    You guys are so cool
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My dog had a shattered leg when she was a puppy, that's why we got her. She was abandoned at the vet office, and her owners never came back. Our cat was so sick when he was little that he cooked his brain in a fever and is now retarded. He's a nice kitty though, he can't use his claws at all, because he's too stupid.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So the other day I'm driving home from work, and as I turn onto my street am greeted by a baby skunk. I swerve, miss him, pull into my driveway, and regard the most adorable Skunk in the history of the universe.
    I walk into my house, mention the skunk, which apparently my sister and her boyfriend Dubbed Leroy. Leroy, being awesome, did such adorably cute skunk things such as eat fruit it was given, and roll around on it's back in my front yard.

I wake up the next day, prepare to depart for work, and in the center of my street is the tail of a baby skunk.

I had never been so sad.

ANTVGM64 on
  • Options
    Shifty FisterShifty Fister Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Used to live on a busy as fuck road. Lost like 3 cats over the years. Motherfuckin' hit 'n' runs; don't even bother to get out to check if they're still alive or move 'em if they aren't all flattened.

Shifty Fister on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    a few months ago I was out running when I saw a collie fighting a coyote. The collie was losing pretty bad and the coyotes around these parts are really skittish and afraid of people so I chased him away and took the dog to a friend who is a vet. He stayed the night I paid for his shots to make sure he wasn't rabid or anything. I notified the police and the local shelters in case anyone came looking for him but no one ever did, so he's miiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

Javen on
  • Options
    I Am Not A BearI Am Not A Bear Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I saw a cow step on a landmine once. Granted, the cow wasn't my pet, but it was exactly like that scene out of Three Kings.

No one expected it.

We were kind of just standing around, watching traffic and then we noticed this cow walking by itself out in a field, 300 meters out.

"Heh, why is it by itself.."

*BOOM*

"Fuck me."

I Am Not A Bear on
  • Options
    RedZeroRedZero Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You know those big plastic bins of pretzels you can get at the grocery store?

A few years back, when I was still in high school, I was home one summer afternoon when I heard this odd thumping noise coming from the garage. Turns out our then one year old border collie had been trying to lick the salt out of the bottom of one of those bins that had fallen out of the recycling bin.

While initially terrified, I quickly realized that the dog could in fact breathe, at which point I found the whole situation quite hysterical. Damn dog was just giving me a "yes I fucked up, now please get this thing off my head" look. Not barking, not freaking out, just sitting there looking pathetic.

Took more than a few minutes to cut the thing off, and I'm kind of disappointed that I failed to get any video footage of the whole thing. I could have been youtube famous.

RedZero on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Riale wrote: »
    Yes you read that right.

I noticed a few days ago that my cat had some minor gunk building up around one of his eyes. It didn't look that serious and he ran off before I could get a good look at it (he's an outdoor cat - I live on & around 6 acres of a park or so). I marked it off to a cold or some other minor infection and told myself I'd keep an eye on it.

Why am I the only one who chuckled at this?

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I saw a cow step on a landmine once. Granted, the cow wasn't my pet, but it was exactly like that scene out of Three Kings.

No one expected it.

We were kind of just standing around, watching traffic and then we noticed this cow walking by itself out in a field, 300 meters out.

*BOOM*

"Fuck me."
    yeah this thread just got a lot better

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    about ten years ago when we first got my german shepherd we took him home to play out in the backyard with the rest of our dogs. They got along famously and when it was time to go in they were all racing toward us when one of our rotties accidentally stepped on his leg and bent it the wrong way, breaking his back left leg.

Fast forward three years, we just adopted a new rottie named Jasmine. we take her outside to meet the rest of our dogs and they get along famously, we go to call them in and zinger (the shepherd) accidentally steps on her leg, bends it the wrong way and break her back left leg.

Javen on
  • Options
    I Am Not A BearI Am Not A Bear Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Welcome to Afghanistan, Landmine Central.

I Am Not A Bear on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

No one expected it.

*BOOM*

"Fuck me."

:^: :^:

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    my dog is perfectly healthy

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I've got a transsexual cat. One of my cats had a blockage in his urinary tract that just wouldn't get better no matter how often we took him to the vet. So eventually the vet had to reroute some plumbing to get rid of the blockage and the main attraction was part of the removed plumbing, so now my cat is like a feline Ken doll.

Borommakot on
  • Options
    littwentythreelittwentythree Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Pet injuries always remind me of this line from SNL:

"This week, the first cat hip replacement was done, costing $2000. That's only $2000 more than a total cat replacement."

littwentythree on
    newsig.png
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Trillian wrote: »
    My dog had a shattered leg when she was a puppy, that's why we got her. She was abandoned at the vet office, and her owners never came back. Our cat was so sick when he was little that he cooked his brain in a fever and is now retarded. He's a nice kitty though, he can't use his claws at all, because he's too stupid.

I laughed way too hard at this.

I feel bad now.

I am sorry tardcat.

Graves on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Graves wrote: »
    Trillian wrote: »

I laughed way too hard at this.

I feel bad now.

I am sorry tardcat.

Why? He's not.

Because he's retarded.

And also a cat

Shifty Fister on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    my dog is perfectly healthy

Sayin' shit like that'll jinx it.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    ive got a dog who is going blind via atrophy(sp?)

she was raised in a house with another dog who was blind, so she learned from him how to get around without looking

so she never used her eyes growing up, and now she has huge cataracts and cant see shit for real

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    GavinGavin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Both of my cats have Aids.

Gavin on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Cats can get aids? Or are you kidding?

Shifty Fister on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My dog got bit by a copperhead a few years ago and has a huge ugly black scar on the inside of his back leg from it. My mother also ran over his leg backing out of the driveway. He was just fine after that though.

The best story is when my family was going out to eat and my dad stops the car quickly in the driveway. We all ask him why he stopped so he backs up to show us. My dog walked in front of the car, stopped, and decided to take a shit right there in the driveway.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    ive got a dog who is going blind via atrophy(sp?)

she was raised in a house with another dog who was blind, so she learned from him how to get around without looking

so she never used her eyes growing up, and now she has huge cataracts and cant see shit for real

that's craaaaaaaaaazy

my husky has had a few seizures and got a urinary tract infection so her pure bred racing line bullshit that made her cost $1400 (NZ) is useless since she had to get spayed.

L|ama on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

unprotected sex or dirty needles

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    GavinGavin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008