As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Ikariam On] kitten-poem-wielding pirate-based alliance

DarianDarian Yellow WizardThe PitRegistered User regular
edited May 2009 in Games and Technology
Alliances: we are UPAX, a top 25 alliance. See this link for how to join an alliance; please post in this thread before applying.

"A wrongful stroke of the feline shall be the spark that lights the fire - the fire that shall encompass the lands and seas." - mrsnackroaad
tour_views.jpg

Ikariam is a browser-based Civilization-inspired game with a relatively high level of polish and fun.

Important links
Tour: http://ikariam.com/tour_step1.php
Wiki: http://ikariam.wikia.com/wiki/
Tech-tree: http://flashmx.projektas.lt/4smbd/4ikarian/ikariamTechTree.html
More interactive tech-tree: http://ikariam.immortal-nights.com/
How to build a colony: http://ikariamtip.com/tutorials/how-to-found-a-colony-in-ikariam
(4chan madness used to be here; it was apparently a mistake to include it. See old threads if you are feeling brave/stupid)
Battle calculator from the good people at Immortal Knights; notoriously inaccurate for large battles (there is an unknown reduction factor to damage applied in game)

Greasemonkey scripts (Require firefox and greasemonkey)
- more detailed town/player info (Score Linker): http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=6505159&postcount=608
- summary info on your towns (table at bottom): http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/25124
- more detailed resources info: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/23575
- autologin: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/23591
- bookmarking islands: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/ikariam/111775-ikariam-greasemonkey-scripts-friends-list-score-finder.html#post948482
- Day/night cycle: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/25984
- New Kronos utils site: http://corentin.jarnoux.free.fr/kronosutils/index.php
- Animated image pack: http://bgt-angels.sk/tw/index.php
- Transport countdown: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/26090

Some of these are buggy/don't play nice with other scripts/need Firefox 3.

Ikariam.COM (US Version) playing on the Beta server.
PA map:

Darian updates the map at random intervals, but not in a very long time.

In game, this is rotated 45 degrees clockwise; 0,0 = N; 100,0 = E; 100,100 = S; 0,100 = W

0,0______________________________________________________________________100,0
__ikariampamap.png
0,100____________________________________________________________________100,100

Alliances: (See this link for how to join an alliance)
- North (used to be NPAX, stretching through quadrants 1, 2, and 4)
* Marble isle: [strike]24:22[/strike], 26:21, 22:20, 23:25, 43:11
* Wine isle: 23:20, [strike]24:21[/strike], 43:8
* Crystal isles: 19:32, 23:21
* Sulfur isles: 25:21, 32:24

- East (used to be EPA - now being absorbed by NPAX)
* Designated Marble Island @ [strike]93:62[/strike], 95:62
* Designated Wine Islands @ [strike]93:59[/strike]
* Potential Crystal Islands @ 94:59
* Potential Sulphur Islands @ 92:62

- West (the old WPAX territory)
* Marble isle: 10:41
* Wine isle: 14:41
* Crystal isles: 12:41
* Sulfur isles: 15:41 or 12:38

FAQ
See the board for more FAQs and guides.

Q: What should I do?
A: Read the Wiki under useful links, try not to ask questions that are already answered, spend some time reading the thread. (Devoir)

Q: What should I research first?
A: Well Digging first. I'd suggest then doing Paper, then going up the economy line to Wine Press. If you're in a built up area (or paranoid), then go military up to professional army. After that, go up the seafaring line to expansion. (Karenna)

Q: How do you send goods to other players who aren't on your island?
A: Use the world map (or a link from a message they sent to you or from one of your advisors) to locate their island; click on it to get to the island view. Click on the city, transport goods. If they are not in your own island group, you must research expansion before you will be able to reach them with trade boats. (Darian)

Q: Some dude is attacking me! What do I do?
A: If the attacker isn't bright enough to blockade your port first, build just one offensive ship (trade ships don't count) at your drydock. This will repel the attacker. Ram ships only take 34 mins to build, which is shorter than the time it takes to attack you from the next island over! If you're blockaded, and stand to lose a lot of resources, just destroy your Trading Port (NOT your trading POST). The bigger the trading port, the more they can haul away. (Karenna)
Then, if post the coordinates and city/account name for the attacker on the forums so we can wang them.

Q: My people are pissed at me, since my city is crowded!
A: Build a Tavern, and make sure you are serving the max amount of wine possible. A L5 tavern can get your city up to size 10 easily. After taverns, work towards getting a museum, and exchange cultural goods with other PAers. Museums have zero upkeep, so are the best long-term investment in growth you can make. After Museums, research Holiday for extra happiness. (Karenna)

Q: Do cultural goods take diplomacy points?
A: No, they take cultural points, one cultural point is gained per level of museum. (Devoir)

Q: I'm attacking an enemy city. How many resources can I expect to get?
A: The number of goods looted is now based on two factors: the carrying capacity of your attack fleet and the warehouse storage of the target. If you send enough ships, you can clean out an opponent in a single attack, so use your spies to check their warehouse to see what they have, then send enough ships to carry it all.

Q: So I have a Hideout, and I want to spy on my enemies! How do I use them, and what can they do?
A: Read this: http://ikariam.wikia.com/wiki/Spying Of particular note is that each spy in an opponent's town acts as a battering ram when you attack! Each breach in the wall gives your army a 10% bonus to attack. So, a L10 wall can seem insurmountable, but plug in 5 spies before the raid, and you can gain a 50% attack bonus! (Karenna)
The main thing to remember is that spies are offensive and defensive; with the new patch, you need level 20+ hideouts with all the spies at home to be safe. So use spies to find targets, then get them back home where they will help keep the bad people from knowing how much juicy loot you have in your warehouse.

Q: So walls make me _VULNERABLE_!?!?!?!
A: No. From the Wiki: "Each "possible breach" is a spot that can be rammed by a battering ram each turn; if that is done, the enemy gains 10% OFFENSIVE bonus for each breach opened (maximum number of breaches is that of your wall). However, this does not render your wall useless because the wall still gives all your troops defending the town a 3-point offensive bonus per level. So your troops still come out on top.

The only time your wall could remotely be considered a liability is if it is not up to your town hall level, and the enemy creates maximum breaches. At higher levels, this WILL hurt, because while the enemy gets 10% attack per breach, you're getting less than the full defensive bonus, AND the 3 point per level extra attack can't compensate for the percentage attack bonus your enemy gets." (Devoir)

Q: My account she is hacked! I can't login! Abloo abloo abloo!
A: You're using the Ikariam.org site. That's for Euro trash. Use the Ikariam.COM site. (Karenna)

Q: How do I send someone gold?
A: You can't, you can only trade gold via the Trading Post. (Burtletoy)

Q: Why do I suddenly have 50 of each resource?
A: Congratulations, you researched wealth. Now continue on to wine pressing, to use that wine up. This is also the appropriate time to put your people to work gathering the local luxury resource. (Darian)

Q: How do I move troops?
A: Similar to how you move resources. Click on the target island, target city, then deploy troops. You need a barracks at the destination to support the troops being transported. (Devoir)

Q: Who wants to exchange goods with me?
A: Don't post this, just send out requests to people in your alliance or in the list of PA players by Darian. Everyone wants cultural exchanges. (Devoir, updated by Darian)
For how to do this, see the next question.

Q: How do I set up a cultural exchange?
A: First check your museum and make sure you do not already have a treaty with the person. I recommend pasting all of your treaties into a spreadsheet and sorting them alphabetically. Then, browse to an island view where you can see the town of someone you want to make a treaty with (for NPAX, the embassy page will help with this). Select their city and click on diplomacy. In the drop-down box, choose "Cultural Goods Treaty" instead of message; this will offer them a cultural goods treaty.
Repeat until you have spammed the entire alliance with requests, including witty statements, adapted song lyrics, etc. to make it interesting for the recipients. If you receive such an offer, click accept in the message to accept it.
Note: You can only initiate an offer when you have museum slots available. But you can initiate more offers than you have slots, so it is possible to get a surplus that you will then build into. You can also accept offers at any time that you do not have exactly the same number of treaties as museum slots. (Darian)

Q: What happens when I switch my research from one thing to another?
A: The points get transfered, you don't "lose" research, but if you finish something you will have to restart the original topic. (Burtletoy)

Q: What happens if I hit 0 gold?
A: Citizens will be pulled off research and possibly resource gathering to ensure you have positive gold growth. You will also lose military units due to their upkeep requirements. (Devoir)

Q: What is this I hear about pushing, and how do I avoid getting in trouble for it?
A: Pushing is the providing of materials from a lower-ranked to a higher-ranked account, with no tangible benefit received in return. If you receive any goods in trade from a lower-ranked person, you must send back equal value to them within 48 hours of the shipment. (Darian)

Q: How does one contact the Game Operator to legitimze an extortion demand or for other concerns about pushing?
A: Go to the board for the game, create an account, then send a PM to the proper GO from the list.

Q: How many spies do I need to hide for ever?
A: Under the new patch (0.3.0), you want to keep the hideout at least a couple levels above your town hall, with nearly all the spies home on defense. It is tough to hide these days.

Q: What is this corruption I am hearing about?
A: It is an inefficiency loss in your colony. You will suffer a happiness penalty and resource-gathering penalty of this percent in your colony. Corruption is (not so) gradually being raised to 100%, and it is decreased and eliminated by raising the level of the Governor's Residence in your colony. Corruption is 0 if the GR matches or exceeds the level of your palace. (It should never exceed it... just, don't do that.) Current levels of corruption behind the spoiler.
Palace level 1:
GR 0 - (50%)

Palace level 2:
GR 0 - (66%)
GR 1 - (33%)

Palace level 3:
GR 0 - (75%)
GR 1 - (50%)
GR 2 - (25%)

Palace level 4:
GR 0 - 29% (80%)
GR 1 - 22% (60%)
GR 2 - 14% (40%)
GR 3 - 7% (19%)

Palace level 5:
GR 0 - 33% (83%)
GR 1 - 26% (66%)
GR 2 - 19% (50%)
GR 3 - 13% (33%)
GR 4 - 7% (17%)

Q: How does the inactive mode work?
A: Once a player does not log into the game for a set period of time, their account is set to inactive. While inactive, taxes collect and resources are gathered at half the normal rate. The time until inactive, and then the time until deletion, depends on the age of the account.
* Phase 0: If somebody takes no action within 5 hours after registering an account, it will be immediately deleted.
* Phase I: Within the first 7 days: - Time until inactive: 2 days - Time inactive until deletion: 2 days
* Phase II: Two weeks up to a month: - Time until inactive: 7 days - Time inactive until deletion: 4 days
* Phase III: 1 month to 3 months - Time until inactive: 7 days - Time inactive until deletion: 14 days
* Phase IV: from 3 months onward: - Time until inactive: 7 days - Time inactive until deletion: 30 day

Q: I'm ready to colonize. Is there a way to check the mill levels on a new island?
A: Just go to the island view and put your mouse over the resource mine. Tool-tips will show you the level of the mine. Good sawmills are level 20+, good luxury mills are level 15+.

This information has been reposted and was originally created by Devoir/Darian/Kalkino and other assembled worthies, previous threads HERE and HERE and even HERE.

Darian on

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Cat Poetry Corner

While we may be self declared bastards seeking to implement our reasonable policy of Burning the World this doesn't mean to say we do not enjoy other more cultured pursuits. Like cat poetry. Yes, the PA alliances are also on a mission to find the greatest Poet on Ikariam: Beta and test their ability to write poems about the simple joys of owning cats. In return, we might refrain from attacking them.

Roll of Honour

Durandal, Therenianville, 18:17, 11/05/2008. Procured by Kalkino

Lying on the sun-warmed carpet, sleeping in peaceful repose.
    Dreaming of what? Heaven only knows.
    Perhaps it sees the universe, and the truth of life’s joys.
    Or maybe simply catnip and little fuzzy toys.
    But this frazzled looking feline, lies there all the same,
    Not afraid of lounging around, not feeling any shame.
    He seems to have a message, for busy people like me,
    A very simple message: to live life and be free.
    For when I watch my cat sleep, I know one thing is true,
    I shouldn’t have to worry, about a game where I’m being attacked by you.

On the 11.05.2008 18:40 Kalkino wrote::
    > I shall only back off when you compose a 100 word poem on cats and the simple joys they bring to one's life.
    > MEOOOW!
    > On the 11.05.2008 18:27 Durandal wrote::
    > > Back. Off.

darklordsgx, Charlesville, 32:26, 14/05/2008, procured by Kalkino

The One Cat
    My cat, a wonderful and comforting friend,
    The one that is always with me, until the end,
    The one that always comforts me when I'm sad,
    The one who calms me down, when I'm mad,
    My cat, always a delight to have,
    The one which sleeps curled up in your bed,
    The one that has a small and furry head,
    The one that clears my head when all is blurry,
    My cat, a dear and graceful friend,
    For when I am with you, my fears are gone,
    For when you were gone, tears were formed,
    For I will never forget you, even after I'm gone.

Kahn, Ares, 11:42, 14/05/2008, procured by Karenna

Cat comes in the house
    big gray rodent in his mouth
    grateful gift for you

Maya, Lúkretià, 81:69, 15/05/2008, procured by TyrantCow

der grund warum ich katzen liebe,
    ist das ich neue freunde kriege.
    und finde in nem spiel,
    in dem der weg sei das ziel.

The reason why I love cats
    Is that I gain new friends
    And find in a game
    In which the way/path be the goal/aim/finish

Caroline, Fig Tree, 27:23, 25/5/2008, procured by Karenna

Cats
    Gracefully Pouncing,
    with her slim tail in the air,
    she flies with such grace.

Tamorlane, in response to an inane request

He leaps from shadow dark as soot
    through fetid air to bite my foot
    then runs across the barren floor
    a tainted, evil carnivore
    he lays there in the noon sun's gleam
    ensuring that each claw is clean
    what sin of mine do I now pay
    to live in feline fear each day?
    now from my bed I dare not leave
    I know the creature waits beneath
    to slash with feral undead speed
    and rend my ankles til they bleed
    I curse you spawn of hell with tail
    and pray for peace to no avail

The Captain Message Torchwood HQ [67:88] 18.05.2008 17:47:32

The day goes on, the night enters, they arise from the place, they creep, lurk waiting to pounce on their prey.
    The wonder as loners, hunting, feeding from whatever moves.
    The hunters of houses, the eliminator of pests.
    They are a persons friend, a mouses enemy, so the night ends, they go to sleep, return to the house, and are as friendly as pets.

Psthyp on 2:85, 27 May 2008, c/o Theheroo.

No cold philosophy, no cynic sneer,
    Checks the unhidden and honest tear,
    What little difference, and how short the span,
    Betwixt thy instinct and the mind of man.
    (Inscription on a cat's gravestone)

who knows .. maybe soon i'll have this inscription on ur citis gravestone.

From Chaseb of Venegence, 28/5/2008, procured by Burtletoy

It conquers its domain
    Slyly being a mouses bane
    It moves without a sound
    And if looked for, rarely being found
    Its those yellow eyes in the dark
    And if agitated it will leave its mark
    A hunter by birth
    For ages its been a ruler of the earth
    All this surely fits the profile of a cat
    But deeper still is the one of the house
    These are the special case of all feline
    They make a sad day perfectly fine
    Hunter by night but friend by day
    They stick by your side no matter what you say
    They love to sit on your lap and sooth your soul
    Royalty of the earth under your control

Karenna 29/05/2008, care of Karenna

The Laser pointer shines a bright red light
    The orange tabby pounces down on it
    The spot it seems to move without a fight
    That damn red light it gives my cat a fit

Binil of Binilville [32:24], 10/06/2008, care of Darian

Cats are royalty,
    Egypt was saved by them.
    Loyalty is their master grand quality.
    Their eyes like a gem,
    And they show equality.
    Thus they dodgem,
    Don't you know they are mighty,
    Than the thieves who try to steal'em.

soulrock2900 at 11:59, 14/06/2008, care of KingKoopa

cats are good
    cats are great
    cats are something
    that i do not hate

if cats could talk,
    what would they say?
    maybe something like "meow"
    or "hey babe"

Tell you what, I am not an unreasonable person, you seem to be new to this game so I will give you a break. I need one thing from you.

You see, my culture prizes poetry and cats more than any gold or marble.

Write me a Poem about Cats, it can be long or short (haikus are good) so long as it is about cats, how great they are, and how they bring joy to our lives.

Also, your City names are awful, don't you think "Cat Town" and/or "Kitty City" would be much better? It might protect you from my Alliance as well.

I will check back later and if you have sent the poem I will end the blockade of Fire ships I sent to you a few minutes ago. I will not start aggression thereafter.

On the 14.06.2008 3:16 soulrock2900 wrote::
    > im sorry... but i never attacked u this much now did i? (its a rhetorical question)
    >
    >
    > On the 14.06.2008 3:02 KingKoopa wrote::
    > > KingKoopa has declined a trade treaty with you and sends the following message: you cannot buy forgiveness!
    > >
    > > On the 14.06.2008 2:29 soulrock2900 wrote::
    > > > soulrock2900 wants to sign a trade treaty with you and sends the following message: lets not attack each other any more, is that ok? if not, prepare for hell to rain on you

KLM GRAND, 14/6/2008, care of Viscosity

I hate cats.
    Yes I do.
    Indeed they're funky and hate me too.
    Stank and shedding
    They should never be kept indoors,
    If all cats were dead then they couldn't scratch floors.
    Crying and whining
    All the time
    Is why in some countries on cats they dine.
    I don't have a cat
    If I did it would be shot.
    'Cause I'm allergic to them and cool that is not.
    Cats, I hate them and they should be beat...
    My favorite bumper sticker is "Cat! The other white meat!"

Demoneyed from Calki @49:10; submitted by Burtletoy, 18.06.2008

I come when I please
    I hunt and I tease
    I hate when it rains
    with all the blood in my veins
    With slanted eyes I prowl the night
    Oh noble are my game
    they know not when I come
    But thats my fun...now tell me
    What is my name

hope that will do

[poem]

sorry but my knowledge with cats is limited my mother has allergies

[earlier messages]
    thats funny well I'm a bit of a poet let see if i can make one up give 1 hr to 30 mins

On the 18.06.2008 19:49 Turtleboy wrote::
    > If you feel like protecting your cities permanently I can assure you that no one else in NPAX/WPAX ever attacks you, but to do this I need something from you. You see our alliance only accepts one form of pleading to ensure your safty. We require self-made, not copy'n'pasted poetry telling of the wonderous qualities of Cats. If you provide me with this poem, or haiku, I will share it with NPAX/WPAX and you will go into our list of safe names.
    >
    >
    > On the 18.06.2008 19:45 Demoneyed wrote::
    > > that was nice of you I hate attacking anyways
    > >
    > > On the 18.06.2008 19:38 Turtleboy wrote::
    > > > Just giving you a heads up, when your troops try to land in one hour they will be turned around by my navy. You might want to save yourself 2 hours worth of transporting 160 troops by returning them right now.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > On the 18.06.2008 19:29 Demoneyed wrote::
    > > > > so what I'm a hick

There was more before this, but the guy didn't use the reply button.

From a "Lionhead784 25.18, Tauri; 23:17, Geminon, procured by Kalkino

Love cats and kitties
    They always shine any day
    Get one right away

Illium , Illium 43:17, 6/23/2008, procured by focused7

There once was a kitten from Tanoos
    who's shadow was a tiny bit loose
    it fell by the way
    as he romped and he played
    that frolicky kitten of Tanoos.

octoberblu3 of CMAX, 25.06.08, offered in appreciation

Down the street, we walk
    Dogs scatter, owners afraid
    My cat's a panther

Eleazer, 30.06.2008, on the forums; procured by Karenna

There once was a sweet, lonely kitty,
    That everyone thought "so pretty".
    It ran through the house,
    and got every mouse;
    Now she's the Queen of the city.

On the 23.07.2008 19:54 Celian wrote:: (to Karenna upon a demand by Rattlehead)

Ode to the Kitties

There once was a nasty heaten,
    That flipped off a box of kitten.
    Against PA he put up blockades in their haven,
    To help some guy mentionned on page 7!

Some message traffic from a guy looking for help against khan and their buddies (specifically Rattlehead). I like his style...always good to know your audience and send them a poem upfront!

We can use him in the war vs. khan methinks...
    -One kitteh love, me bretha. Karenna

On the 23.07.2008 21:34 Celian wrote::
    > Only you as your name was mentioned by him, it's why I noticed your post and his name in there on the PA forums.
    >
    > 37:17 - Gravepine
    > 38:17 - Plymouth
    > 36:15 - Glasgow
    >
    > These are his cities as far as I know.
    >
    >
    > On the 23.07.2008 21:11 Karenna wrote::
    > > Hey there, excellent poem!
    > >
    > > Did you send this to all of PAX, or just myself? If you just sent it to me, let me know, and I can forward to our leadership. Otherwise, I agree that that Rattlehead guy can be a PITA...he has quite the extensive navy, but I'm guessing his land forces are otherwise lacking.
    > >
    > > Can you give me coords for his known cities? We'll see what we can do...
    > > -One kitteh love!
    > > -Karenna
    > >
    > >
    > > On the 23.07.2008 19:54 Celian wrote::
    > > > Ode to the Kitties
    > > >
    > > > There once was a nasty heaten,
    > > > That flipped off a box of kitten.
    > > > Against PA he put up blockades in their haven,
    > > > To help some guy mentionned on page 7!
    > > >
    > > > So I lurk in the Ikariam On thread in the PA forums and the guy Rattlehead you mentionned decided to pay all my towns a visit with blockades and pillagers. Any way you can get him to stop? Be it violently or otherwise. He actually asked me to write you poetry so he'd stop attacking me and you'd stop attacking him. He won't be able to attack either of us if you squash him like a bug! I'm still newish and getting my bearings on this whole warfare thing. I can provide much entertainments with stories of valiant kittens!

Celian, 23.07.08, Sent to Darian re. a demand by Rattlehaed

I once had a cat named Bongo,
    But someday he didn't know where to go.
    So he walked off the roof,
    and on the ground he went poof.
    Luckily cats can land on their feet,
    so the ground his skull did not meet.
    He took off and went away,
    and I still miss him to this day.
    I wonder where he might be,
    and the crazy things he must see.
    with him, I wish I could go.

Hi, this is about Rattlehead.

Basically, he's threatening me to blockade me again if I don't send you some cat poetry. I already sent a nice little one to Karenna, asking for help against that guy. However, he sent another message threatening me that I must send you some poetry. I really don't want to give in to his demands, but he's much stronger than I. I gave him this nice little tidbit of poetry:

But someday he didn't know where to go.
    So he walked off the roof,
    and on the ground he went poof.
    Luckily cats can land on their feet,
    so the ground his skull did not meet.
    He took off and went away,
    and I still miss him to this day.
    I wonder where he might be,
    and the crazy things he must see.
    with him, I wish I could go.

So if I make the [Ikariam On] thread again, I want the credit! Also... halp! I would really appreciate it if you could atleast have him not blockade me anymore. He wants this to be in "reparation" to sinking Karenna's fleets. I don't think he should get off scott free without making his own poem! I also don't want to get blockaded. So tough spot I am in to be honest... so if you can help, I'd greatly appreciate it. If you can't... avenge me and my wonderfully wimsical cat poems.

Celian,
    The Bringer of Cat Litterature

mithers of Fargo, 24-07-08, procured by Darian

The kittens of fargo
    had a lot of fighting
    with the heros of yesteryear

now the cats of fargo
    will rest for a fortnight
    whilst the heros are resting

A poem you ask:

The kittens of fargo
    had a lot of fighting
    with the heros of yesteryear

now the cats of fargo
    will rest for a fortnight
    whilst the heros are resting

Cincerely yours
    milthers

On the 24.07.2008 22:14 Darian wrote::
    > M. mithers,
    >
    > My troops tired of their endless training, and felt that there was insufficient wine available for their use. Furthermore, marble has been in short supply and the town mayor was complaining to me about its lack. Therefore, a decision was made to visit a nearby colony, i.e., yours, with the goal of returning with wine, marble, and grand tales of the exploits of battle. This end having been met, I could probably persuade them to cease any future attacks, if you but offer them a poem on the simple joys of cats and kittens, for their evening's entertainment.
    >
    > Respectfully yours,
    >
    > Darian
    > UPAX Home Secretary
    > Procurer of poetry since 2008
    > http://board.ikariam.com/thread.php?threadid=14167
    >
    >
    > On the 24.07.2008 22:08 milthers wrote::
    > > Dear Darian.
    > >
    > > To what do I owe your troops pleasant and many visits to my humble village?
    > >
    > > -M

Ron Delander, 25-07-08, submitted directly to the forums after conversation with Karenna

"Peace Poem"

One day I decided to mess with the cat
    It poked it's little head out of the hat
    And hissed and scurried away
    I chased the cat only to fall into a trap
    It demanded that I rap or my head will be sitting
    In my lap
    I just laughed and dove at the kind-looking cat
    Only to learn that this was a mistake.

Soon, many other cats started to appear
    Then I was fighting for my life
    Only with the my butter knife
    I was left all alone as my friends
    had disappeared. They said that they
    would help but all I heard was my own yelp

I finally broke away from the cats
    Only to realize I was they were waiting
    It was as if they were baiting
    I had no choice but to beg for peace
    otherwise I would never see my niece again

They agreed, all I had to do was rap
    But this was not the rap with the
    crooked cap. This was the rap so
    I could finally nap.

Ok this is my poem for peace from RON DELANDER to UPAX. I want nothing to do with the war involving UPAX and khan. I am sorry that you all had to live through that unlawful poem; I was not born with the ability to to compose beautiful poetry, unlike some.

I am very grateful that UPAX was so loving Wink to be able to let me make this offer with them.

Thanks guys Smile

Darian on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Placeholder

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    This is the old OP; much of it is badly out of date at this time. Consider it an historical document.

Alliances: (See this link for how to join an alliance; please post in the thread before applying)

News update: Many vacationers were put into inactive mode in the last stealth patch. Vacation mode no longer lasts indefinitely, so please be sure to log in every couple of weeks at least, even if all you do is go right back into vacation mode.

"A wrongful stroke of the feline shall be the spark that lights the fire - the fire that shall encompass the lands and seas." - mrsnackroaad
    tour_views.jpg

Ikariam is a browser-based Civilization-inspired game with a relatively high level of polish and fun.

Important links
    Tour: http://ikariam.com/tour_step1.php
    Wiki: http://ikariam.wikia.com/wiki/
    Tech-tree: http://flashmx.projektas.lt/4smbd/4ikarian/ikariamTechTree.html
    More interactive tech-tree: http://ikariam.immortal-nights.com/
    How to build a colony: http://ikariamtip.com/tutorials/how-to-found-a-colony-in-ikariam
    (4chan madness used to be here; it was apparently a mistake to include it. See old threads if you are feeling brave/stupid)
    Battle calculator from the good people at Immortal Knights; notoriously inaccurate for large battles (there is an unknown reduction factor to damage applied in game)

Greasemonkey scripts (Require firefox and greasemonkey)
    - more detailed town/player info (Score Linker): http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=6505159&postcount=608
    - summary info on your towns (table at bottom): http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/25124
    - more detailed resources info: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/23575
    - autologin: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/23591
    - bookmarking islands: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/ikariam/111775-ikariam-greasemonkey-scripts-friends-list-score-finder.html#post948482
    - Day/night cycle: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/25984
    - New Kronos utils site: http://corentin.jarnoux.free.fr/kronosutils/index.php
    - Animated image pack: http://bgt-angels.sk/tw/index.php
    - Transport countdown: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/26090

Some of these are buggy/don't play nice with other scripts/need Firefox 3.

Ikariam.COM (US Version) playing on the Beta server. To get your information added to the list, post your full details as below:
    [in-game name] @ [coordinates] / [city name] / [luxury resource on your island]

PA map:

Darian updates the map at random intervals.

In game, this is rotated 45 degrees clockwise; 0,0 = N; 100,0 = E; 100,100 = S; 0,100 = W

0,0______________________________________________________________________100,0
    __ikariampamap.png
    0,100____________________________________________________________________100,100

People plotted behind the spoilers below. PM me here or ig with your info if it's missing.
    The spreadsheet the map is based on (well, the spreadsheet that has the WPAX and NPAX data) is now available as a google spreadsheet. PM me with an email address for permission to modify.

Alliances: (See this link for how to join an alliance)
    - NPAX (Stretching through quadrants 1, 2, and 4)
    * Marble isle: [strike]24:22[/strike], 26:21, 22:20, 23:25, 43:11
    * Wine isle: 23:20, [strike]24:21[/strike], 43:8
    * Crystal isles: 19:32, 23:21
    * Sulfur isles: 25:21, 32:24

- East (used to be EPA - now being absorbed by NPAX)
    * Designated Marble Island @ [strike]93:62[/strike], 95:62
    * Designated Wine Islands @ [strike]93:59[/strike]
    * Potential Crystal Islands @ 94:59
    * Potential Sulphur Islands @ 92:62

- WPAX (West)
    * Marble isle: 10:41
    * Wine isle: 14:41
    * Crystal isles: 12:41
    * Sulfur isles: 15:41 or 12:38

{NPAX members - check your embassy or use the google spreadsheet. Contact Darian for assistance in locating a good location for new colonies.}

{WPAX members - use the other google spreadsheet. Contact Tamorlane for assistance in locating a good location for new colonies.}

{Old Full PA forums list; this hasn't been updated much and is being reduced to a single city per account}
    1kDix @ 90:55/New Cabletonia/Crystal [PA = One Thousand Dicks]
    Akira @ / 19:32 / Jupiter Express / Crystal
    Alastar @ 55:15 / Remanas / Sulfur
    Al Baron @ 57:58 / Baron City / Crystal
    Aldo @ 88:56 / Wortel / Wine
    Andrewopulous @ 100:72 / Andrewopulous / Sulfur
    APZonerunner @ 50:13 / Crusting / Wine
    Ashendark @ 49:10 / Ashenvale / Marble
    asimperson @ 61:15 / ASimTown / Wine
    Baidol @ 73:87 / Esteroum / Wine
    Becoming @ 50:87 / Brompton / Wine
    BillyJoel @ 24:22 / Point Place / Marble [PA = Kris]
    Bluemap @ 20:72 / Blue map / Marble
    BobLobLaw @ 87:71 / Rawr / Crystal [PA = killa283]
    Bronzeduck @ / 42:85 / Duckopolis / Wine
    Bruised @ / 29:18 / Brue / Marble
    Camui @ 48:85 / Raftel / Sulfur
    captaink @ / 15:41 / Philos / Sulfur
    Caspian @ 97:94 / Telmar / Sulphur (Capital) [PA = Deranged Hamster]
    casualeddy @ 43:47 / Anap Polis / Marble
    casualeddy @ 44:46 / Necro Polis / Sulfur
    casualeddy @ 43:46 / Metro Polis / Wine
    casualeddy @ 44:47 / Acro Polis / Crystal
    casualeddy @ 42:44 / Perse Polis / Marble
    Charlemagne @ 14:53 / Narshe / Crystal (Capital)
    Clayman @ 98:39 / Bengt / Sulphur
    Coolio911911 New Ro - [15:3] - Crystal
    Coutts @ / 93:59 / Haligonia / Wine
    Crash @ 87:84 / Kalos/ Crystal [PA = UEAKCrash]
    Cronzo @ 8:52 / Diet Cheetos / Marble [PA = iSnortRitalin]
    Cynic_Jester @ 22:57 / Jesterpolis / Wine
    D A @/ 43:20 / PseudoPolis / Wine [PA = DevoutlyApathetic]
    Darian @ 32:24 / Dariapolis / Sulfur
    Darklyre @ 63:22 / Arghtown / Crystal
    DasScoot @ 93:59 / Paragon the Second / Wine [PA = Scooter]
    Destavan @ 23:68 / Shakey / Crystal Glass. [PA = Fragtastic]
    Devoir @ 93:62 / Betamarblopolis / Marble
    Diggo @ 38:84 / In-World / Marble
    DKWiggin @ [92:47] / Dongtown / Crystal [PA = Lol!]
    Downer @ 7:11 / Skwisgaar / Crystal
    draeven @ / 50:88 / Draevenoia / Crystal
    Dyvion @ 97,97 / Heliotropolis / {crystal}
    Elaro @ 14:60 / Norygal / Sulphur
    elkna @ 64:99 / Maget / Sulfur
    fanaticalist @ Hataitia[61:13] > Crocodopolis : wine
    Food @ / 14:41 / Invisible City / Wine
    Frdztec @ 18:5 / Rexarin / Wine
    Gargamel @ 63:55 / Phyrex / Sulphur [PA = Bulwark]
    Garu @ / 30:40 / Ankh-Morpork / Sulfur
    Goodchild @ / 28:23 / Bregna / Crystal
    Gorilla Salad @88:39 / Tujuos / Wine
    grrarg @ 92:41 / Grrargia / Sulfur
    Gryphon @ 49:64 / Nowhere / Marble
    Handuus @ 56:14 / Murkrow / Marble [PA = n00bish]
    Hellbunny @ 25:20 / / Crystal
    Hoz @ 91:64 / Hozfa / Crystal
    Iguanacus @ / 32:90 / Nestopoli / Wine
    Incognito @ 86:96 / Jacobatopia / Marble [PA = Roxxersboxxers]
    **Insingnia @ 54:94 / Zigna / Sulfur
    Illwinter @ 18:86 / Winterthrone / Marble [PA Echo]
    Jam Warrior @ / 3:64 / Jamville / Marble
    Johnnytoxxic @ 46:10 / Scrapheap / Wine
    Kalkino @ / 32:19 / Mittens / Marble
    Karenna @ / 12:41 / Kainalu / Crystal
    KingKoopa @ 11:60 / MushroomKingdom /Crystal [PA = dscrilla]
    Kingshand @ / 53:18 / Kingshand / Wine [PA = The Dude With Herpes]
    Kingslayer @ / 47:18 / Lannisport / Sulfur
    koro @ 24:21 / Pear-Shaped v2 / Wine [PA = korodullin]
    Kris_xK @ / 61:89 / Dread / Marble
    Kumquat @ 76:24/Kumquatia/Wine
    **larka @ 1:87 / Urbopolis Shire / marble
    lawlzor1 @ / 82:63 / Poland / Sulfur
    Legba @ 17:28 / Fangaerie / Wine
    **Lehman @ 80:87 / Cumberland / crystal
    Lordjulius @ 85:52 / Rome / Wine [PA = Witchdr]
    **Marlinspike @ 22:21 / Scurvy Cove / Sulfur
    matthias00 @ 31:85 / Awesomia / Wine
    mattmoss @ 25:29 / Kalista / Crystal
    MechMantis @ 83:30 / Blacklight / Sulfur
    MechaStalin @ 12:53 / Neo Stalingrad / Crystal [PA = Flaryn]
    Metapurna @ 20:38/ New Crobuzon/ Marble [PA = METAzraeL]
    Mith @ 93:62 / Archimedes/ / Marble
    MooMan @ / 84:71 / Mootopia / Sulfur
    Mr Snack Road @ 25:17 /Holt /Marble [PA = mrsnackroad]
    NATIK @ 51:28 / The Hub / Crystal
    **NH03 @ 61:15 / Warlords domain / Wine
    Norgoth @ 10:99 / Pandemonium / wine
    Olek @ / 17:64 / Ankh-Morpork / Marble
    Ooty @ 39:41 / honkytown / wine
    **Orgetorix @ 65:71 / Helvetium / Marble [PA = Randall Flagg]
    Orogogus @ 52:88 / Xandra / Marble (Capital)
    Ozmodai @ 5:14 / Ozlandia / Marble
    Paradiso @ 24:22 / Ten Towers / Marble
    PipTheFair @ 68:91 / Dickbutt / Sulfur
    Ponchs Pilot @ [57:58] / [Samaria] / [crystal] [PA = juice for jesus]
    rayofash @ 7:11 / Knothole / Crystal
    RedCascade @ 89:16 / Lustris / Wine [PA = Red_Cascade]
    reticlariant @ 46:91 / Lazy Town / marble [PA = mccart]
    Rhapsody @ / 3:6 / Aria / Sulfur
    RiemannLives @ 52:89 / Istan / Sulfur
    Romantic Undead @ 32:23 / Undead Romainia / Crystal
    Sallust @ [24,58] / Brundisium / wine [PA = ethicalsean]
    SanderJK @ 56:92 / Sanderopolis / Wine
    Scone @ 46:76 / Currantia / Sulphur [PA = Bulwark]
    Shujaa @ / 33:69 / Larceny / Sulfur
    Skarsol @ / 73:28 / Straasha / Wine
    Solysp @ 19:32 / Altenfeuer / Crystal [PA = Clayburn [strike]Kayne Red Robe[/strike]]
    SpeedySwaf @ [48:11] / Crapula / Wine
    SuburbanJawa @ / 51:17 / Suburbia / Wine [PA = Jawa]
    tachyon @ 61:19 / Halycon / Sulfur
    Taliosfalcon @ 68:73 / Khuldas / Wine
    Tamin @ 76:27 / Winterfell / Sulfur
    Tamorlane @ 18:69 / Pella / Wine
    TheLawinator @ / 4:98 / Lumberjack / Crystal
    threelemmings @ 97:60 / Lemming One/ Marble
    Tiger Burning @ / 42:20 / Tigertown / Crystal
    Tildryn @ 12:53 / Lahara/ Crystal
    tomblag @ 19:48 / Blagtown / sulfur [PA = maturin]
    Turtleboy @ 46:19 / Dhalgren / Sulfur [PA = Burtletoy]
    ultrachrist @ 84:71 / Rapture / Sulfur
    V2-Gundam @ (18,16) / Durendal / Wine
    Varxe @ 76:10 / Moon port / wine [PA = gunwarrior]
    valtzy @ 33:17 - Ensideon - Wine
    Veevee Von Vore @ 10:95 / Crapolis / Marble [PA = Veevee]
    Viscousity @ 6:4 / Chiron HQ / Marble [PA = Placer]
    Wicker @ 49:11 / Glasgow / Wine
    whitey9 @ 89:64 / Norman / Crystal
    WiiMote @ 2:87 / Nerdopolis / Glass [PA = Nerdtendo]
    Woggle @ 66:15 / Biscuits / Wine
    yam @ 23:31 / Spusborough / Sulfur [PA = Syrion]
    Zalin @ / 93:62 / Eighth Circle / Marble (Capital)
    Zandracon @ 22:27 / Zan / Crystal
    Zarcath1 @ 34:13 / Boob Town / Wine [PA = Zarcath]
    Zen Vulgarity @ [90:43]/Wangulation/Wine
    Zolnab @ 24:78 / Steve / wine [PA = Sagaxus]

IRC server irc.synirc.net in channel #pa_ikariam. Use chatzilla, it's free. Chatzilla integrates with firefox from memory, and is totally free. When you've installed chatzilla, enter "irc://irc.synirc.net/" in your browser address bar, this will open up the irc server. Set your username by clicking on the button to the left of the IRC input box, and then type in /join #pa_ikariam.

FAQ
    See the board for more FAQs and guides.

Q: What should I do?
    A: Read the Wiki under useful links, get on IRC, try not to ask questions that are already answered, spend some time reading the thread. (Devoir)

Q: What should I research first?
    A: Well Digging first. I'd suggest then doing Paper, then going up the economy line to Wine Press. If you're in a built up area (or paranoid), then go military up to professional army. After that, go up the seafaring line to expansion. (Karenna)

Q: How do you send goods to other players who aren't on your island?
    A: Use the world map (or a link from a message they sent to you or from one of your advisors) to locate their island; click on it to get to the island view. Click on the city, transport goods. If they are not in your own island group, you must research expansion before you will be able to reach them with trade boats. (Darian)

Q: Some dude is attacking me! What do I do?
    A: If the attacker isn't bright enough to blockade your port first, build just one offensive ship (trade ships don't count) at your drydock. This will repel the attacker. Ram ships only take 34 mins to build, which is shorter than the time it takes to attack you from the next island over! If you're blockaded, and stand to lose a lot of resources, just destroy your Trading Port (NOT your trading POST). The bigger the trading port, the more they can haul away. (Karenna)
    Then, if post the coordinates and city/account name for the attacker on the forums so we can wang them.

Q: My people are pissed at me, since my city is crowded!
    A: Build a Tavern, and make sure you are serving the max amount of wine possible. A L5 tavern can get your city up to size 10 easily. After taverns, work towards getting a museum, and exchange cultural goods with other PAers. Museums have zero upkeep, so are the best long-term investment in growth you can make. After Museums, research Holiday for extra happiness. (Karenna)

Q: Do cultural goods take diplomacy points?
    A: No, they take cultural points, one cultural point is gained per level of museum. (Devoir)

Q: I'm attacking a city, with a level X trade port. How many resources can I expect to get?
    A: Once you win a battle, you get 20 minutes to pillage. How much you gain is directly related to How many trade ships you have available, how many resources are protected by your opponent's warehouse, and how large the trading port is:
    A town without a trade port can load 3 resources per minute.
    A town with a level 1 trade port can load 10 resources per minute
    A town with a level 2 trade port can load 30 resources per minute
    A town with a level 3 trade port can load 58 resources per minute
    See the wiki for more information.
    (Karenna)

Q: So I have a Hideout, and I want to spy on my enemies! How do I use them, and what can they do?
    A: Read this: http://board.ikariam.com/thread.php?threadid=2087 Of particular note is that each spy in an opponent's town acts as a battering ram when you attack! Each breach in the wall gives your army a 10% bonus to attack. So, a L10 wall can seem insurmountable, but plug in 5 spies before the raid, and you can gain a 50% attack bonus! (Karenna)

Q: So walls make me _VULNERABLE_!?!?!?!
    A: No. From the Wiki: "Each "possible breach" is a spot that can be rammed by a battering ram each turn; if that is done, the enemy gains 10% OFFENSIVE bonus for each breach opened (maximum number of breaches is that of your wall). However, this does not render your wall useless because the wall still gives all your troops defending the town a 3-point offensive bonus per level. So your troops still come out on top.

The only time your wall could remotely be considered a liability is if it is not up to your town hall level, and the enemy creates maximum breaches. At higher levels, this WILL hurt, because while the enemy gets 10% attack per breach, you're getting less than the full defensive bonus, AND the 3 point per level extra attack can't compensate for the percentage attack bonus your enemy gets." (Devoir)

Q: My account she is hacked! I can't login! Abloo abloo abloo!
    A: You're using the Ikariam.org site. That's for Euro trash. Use the Ikariam.COM site. (Karenna)

Q: How do I send someone gold?
    A: You can't, you can only trade gold via the Trading Post. (Burtletoy)

Q: Why do I suddenly have 50 of each resource?
    A: Congratulations, you researched wealth. Now continue on to wine pressing, to use that wine up. This is also the appropriate time to put your people to work gathering the local luxury resource. (Darian)

Q: How do I move troops?
    A: Similar to how you move resources. Click on the target island, target city, then deploy troops. You need a barracks at the destination to support the troops being transported. (Devoir)

Q: Who wants to exchange goods with me?
    A: Don't post this, just send out requests to people in your aliiance or in the list of PA players by Darian. Everyone wants cultural exchanges. (Devoir, updated by Darian)
    For how to do this, see the next question.

Q: How do I set up a cultural exchange?
    A: First check your museum and make sure you do not already have a treaty with the person. I recommend pasting all of your treaties into a spreadsheet and sorting them alphabetically. Then, browse to an island view where you can see the town of someone you want to make a treaty with (for NPAX, the embassy page will help with this). Select their city and click on diplomacy. In the drop-down box, choose "Cultural Goods Treaty" instead of message; this will offer them a cultural goods treaty.
    Repeat until you have spammed the entire alliance with requests, including witty statements, adapted song lyrics, etc. to make it interesting for the recipients. If you receive such an offer, click accept in the message to accept it.
    Note: You can only initiate an offer when you have museum slots available. But you can initiate more offers than you have slots, so it is possible to get a surplus that you will then build into. You can also accept offers at any time that you do not have exactly the same number of treaties as museum slots. (Darian)

Q: What happens when I switch my research from one thing to another?
    A: The points get transfered, you don't "lose" research, but if you finish something you will have to restart the original topic. (Burtletoy)

Q: What happens if I hit 0 gold?
    A: Citizens will be pulled off research and possibly resource gathering to ensure you have positive gold growth. You will also lose military units due to their upkeep requirements. (Devoir)

Q: Am I attacking my own city?
    A: No, blame it on a bad german translation. If the military advisers background is not red then it is just your own troops returning/being transfered. (Burtletoy)

Q: What is this I hear about pushing, and how do I avoid getting in trouble for it?
    A: Pushing is the providing of materials from a lower-ranked to a higher-ranked account, with no tangible benefit received in return. If you receive any goods in trade from a lower-ranked person, you must send back equal value to them within 48 hours of the shipment. (Darian)

Q: How does one contact the Game Operator to legitimze an extortion demand or for other concerns about pushing?
    A: Go to the board for the game, create an account, then send a PM to the proper GO from the list.

Q: How many spies do I need to hide for ever?
    A: Your town hall level gives an opponent an advantage of 6% per level.
    Each spy on defense gives that opponent a penalty of 15% per level.
    So a level 10 town with a level 12 hideout has an overall increase to spying risk of +120% on every mission. Including getting into the town in the first place

Q: What is this corruption I am hearing about?
    A: It is an inefficiency loss in your colony. You will suffer a happiness penalty and resource-gathering penalty of this percent in your colony. Corruption is (not so) gradually being raised to 100%, and it is decreased and eliminated by raising the level of the Governor's Residence in your colony. Corruption is 0 if the GR matches or exceeds the level of your palace. (It should never exceed it... just, don't do that.) Current levels of corruption behind the spoiler.
    Palace level 1:
    GR 0 - (50%)

Palace level 2:
    GR 0 - (66%)
    GR 1 - (33%)

Palace level 3:
    GR 0 - (75%)
    GR 1 - (50%)
    GR 2 - (25%)

Palace level 4:
    GR 0 - 29% (80%)
    GR 1 - 22% (60%)
    GR 2 - 14% (40%)
    GR 3 - 7% (19%)

Palace level 5:
    GR 0 - 33% (83%)
    GR 1 - 26% (66%)
    GR 2 - 19% (50%)
    GR 3 - 13% (33%)
    GR 4 - 7% (17%)

Q: How does the inactive mode work?
    A: Once a player does not log into the game for a set period of time, their account is set to inactive. While inactive, taxes collect and resources are gathered at half the normal rate. The time until inactive, and then the time until deletion, depends on the age of the account.
    * Phase 0: If somebody takes no action within 5 hours after registering an account, it will be immediately deleted.
    * Phase I: Within the first 7 days: - Time until inactive: 2 days - Time inactive until deletion: 2 days
    * Phase II: Two weeks up to a month: - Time until inactive: 7 days - Time inactive until deletion: 4 days
    * Phase III: 1 month to 3 months - Time until inactive: 7 days - Time inactive until deletion: 14 days
    * Phase IV: from 3 months onward: - Time until inactive: 7 days - Time inactive until deletion: 30 day

Q: I'm ready to colonize. Is there a way to check the mill levels on a new island?
    A: By juice for jesus: From the island view hit CTRL+ U to view page source (in firefox, or View -> Page Source), then CTRL + F and search for "islandfeatures" (or "wood", "wine", etc). This will reveal the level of the lumber yard and luxury resource, like so:
    <h3>Special places on Threcios</h3>
            <ul id="islandfeatures">
                <li class="wood level12">
                    <a href="?view=resource&amp;type=resource&amp;id=160" title="Forest">
                        <span class="textLabel">Forest</span>

</a>
                </li>
            	<li class="wine level9">
            	<a href="?view=tradegood&type=tradegood&id=160" title="Vines">
            	<span class="textLabel">Vines</span></a></li>			<li id="wonder" class="wonder3">
    			     <a href="?view=wonder&id=160" title="Garden of Dionysus"><span class="textLabel">Garden of Dionysus</span></a>

Thus, you will never have to land on a dud island again!

This information has been reposted and was originally created by Devoir/Darian/Kalkino and other assembled worthies, previous threads HERE and HERE and even HERE.

Darian on
  • Options
    Con_norCon_nor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I seem to remember that guy from TLE, but I am not sure.

Con_nor on
  • Options
    VazusVazus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So have things settled out? Ie bugs are not so bad? I'm thinking about leaving vacation mode if everythings working better.

Vazus on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well, some bugs fixed, some not; attacking is still a bit gimped (unable to get the breach bonus), but most of the other military things are working as intended.

Corruption has done a huge number on people, and for some reason accounts going inactive/deleted was disabled for a while, so all of a sudden a bunch of accounts have disappeared or gone inactive; lots of juicy targets around, and we keep hearing rumblings of war from TLE/Kon, which could make things interesting.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Pillager has an account on TLE forums.

Con_nor on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well, he didn't apply properly, so it's a no for now at least. *shrugs*

Darian on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Still no word from Swazz :(

I'm going to burst if he doesn't come and play musical chairs with me

Kalkino on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    We should get someone out near Hurricane [6:9] to bust up whatever he's been planning in that area; just keep blockading his port when he tries to move things in and out.

Darian on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I should hope that, if he actually intends to start something, he would be competent enough to maintain a navy.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    KarennaKarenna Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yay for new thread...two weeks ago I figured we'd never see a new one!

Looks like I still have an inbound navy of one (the Navy's new ad campaign?) from RTRMFTQZY_Destroyer in about 11 hours. The anticipation is killing me!

Karenna on
    389eb5ab62e67d83.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Anyone else want sulfur, I'm still sitting on a huge reserve. I'll trade for any luxury good.

captaink on
  • Options
    PlacerPlacer Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    New thread, eh?

Blue dot.

Placer on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    My response to pillager's application:
    The alliance Darian has denied your membership application and sends the following message:
    Much as I would enjoy the ensuing of hilarity, I am afraid I must decline your application for admission at this time, as it was not properly formatted. I will refrain from sending out the punishment for an improper application, however, to permit you time to do some research on your own and to discover the proper way to apply.

If you're coming from TLE, I suspect you have in your possession the information needed to make a successful application, either using our standard method or Turtleboy's official forums special offer (in the alliance introduction thread).

Hopefully he'll go for method 2 and pillage swazz for us. :)

Darian on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    some guy PMed me on the ikariam forum, and says he does not like poetry. :( I am sad. Do you guys have any thoughts?

Please stop spamming other people's alliance introductions with questions like 'do you know/love/like to make/compose/create kitty poems?' and the following sentenced would be a kitty poem. thnx
    Aloysius
    Home Secretary of the Legion of Kings

Are you a DOG HATER??
    Do you write boring paragraphs days on end??

Con_nor on
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    fall from the alliance Kon Empire sends the following message: Hey can i join?

name | name | size | x | y
    +
    +
    +----+----
    fall | dufustien | 12 | 45 | 74
    fall | new dufusburgh | 13 | 46 | 76
    fall | dufusland | 20 | 45 | 77
    fall | dufusville | 18 | 46 | 77
    fall | dufusastan | 14 | 47 | 76

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    @Con_nor:
    Well, it does seem a perfectly reasonable question to ask of other alliances, and quite important. I certainly wouldn't be nearly as happy in Ikariam if I had ended up in some dog-loving, troglodyte gathering of illiterate neanderthals.

And still, the masses of the boards are just not yet ready for the poetry we offer. So we'll have to stick with the fall-back plan: BURN THE WORLD!

Darian on
  • Options
    TamorlaneTamorlane Gnnr The Halls of MontezumaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Unrelated derivative inquiry:

Are Neanderthals and troglodytes mutually inclusive, or did some Neanderthals in fact NOT live in caves?

Tamorlane on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I believe they were not just cave based. Too many neaderthals, not enough caves

Kalkino on
  • Options
    TamorlaneTamorlane Gnnr The Halls of MontezumaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Too many neaderthals, not enough caves

This could be a fitting descriptor for the Ikariam forums....

Tamorlane on
  • Options
    Ebz123Ebz123 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Darian wrote: »
    So, as I was asking last thread, anybody know a "Pillager" who wants in to UPAX to stick it to swazz?

And, as always, I've got sulfur for any who need it, particularly in the north, but I can ship.

Keep an eye on your alliance round-mails; I'll be dropping a couple more people from the alliance this weekend and opening them up to farm.

ALSO: There is an open slot on our main marble island, [24:22] which is probably the best or one of the best islands in the world, with a level 17(!) quarry and level 20 saw mill. Feel free to drop in if you're colonizing anytime soon.
    Similarly, one spot open on NPAX Wine, [24:21], with level 16 vineyard and 21 (over half-way to 22) saw mill.

I'm keen on that marble island, I just need a little while to consolidate some wood together. I've spent the weekend upgrading my palace and GR, I only have two towns and even then it's been a pain.

Ebz123 on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You guys make me laugh, so hard.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Right, got my colony planted on 24:22.

Ebz123 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do you get Ikariam Score Linker to work? I've got Greasemonkey installed and

in the list but I'm not getting any stats, I've restarted firefox etc and I've looked up the entry on Ikariam tips but to no avail.

Ebz123 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Ebz123 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do you get Ikariam Score Linker to work? I've got Greasemonkey installed and

in the list but I'm not getting any stats, I've restarted firefox etc and I've looked up the entry on Ikariam tips but to no avail.

What version of firefox/what version of greasemonkey/what version of the score linker are you using?

Edit: Working fine for me in Firefox 3.0.1/ GM 0.8.20080609.0 / score linker 0.6.6

Darian on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    That reminds me, I should update mine as well

Kalkino on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Oh and woot:

Well the poll is closed, and "Kitten Korner" won, i have placed a request for this boards name to be changed, however please note that the admins are very busy and this may not be an immediate actioned request. C/o holowugz

We've reshaped a very small piece of the internet in our own image. Rawr.

Kalkino on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Kalkino? Operation is go. You get the first crack at wine isle; let us know by roundmail when it's clear.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Will do.

Kalkino on
  • Options
    SevensinsSevensins Registered User new member
    edited July 2008

try: http://ikariamlibrary.com/?content=Inline%20Score

New version from the original author.

Sevensins on
  • Options
    KarennaKarenna Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Oh and woot:

Well the poll is closed, and "Kitten Korner" won, i have placed a request for this boards name to be changed, however please note that the admins are very busy and this may not be an immediate actioned request. C/o holowugz

We've reshaped a very small piece of the internet in our own image. Rawr.

Yay! Kittehs!

Karenna on
    389eb5ab62e67d83.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Good work to Pedant for nominating the name.

Kalkino on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

What version of firefox/what version of greasemonkey/what version of the score linker are you using?

Edit: Working fine for me in Firefox 3.0.1/ GM 0.8.20080609.0 / score linker 0.6.6

I've definitely got the right version of Firefox and GM, not sure about score linker, I downloaded it from ikariamtip but I don't know what version it is.

Ebz123 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I've definitely got the right version of Firefox and GM, not sure about score linker, I downloaded it from ikariamtip but I don't know what version it is.

Maybe try the one sevensins just posted? It is definitely working these days.

Darian on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Talking about GM, was there ever a workaround for kronos and the transportation countdown scripts?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Neither of them are working. I can't figure out what's missing. I've tried disabling adblock and I already have noscript set to allow everything Ikariam related.

Ebz123 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Hmm.

It is enabled, right? Try deleting the script entirely, then installing it again.

This site talks about getting GM scripts working properly in general, and the page referred to above has some troubleshooting comments at the bottom.

Try disabling all other scripts, deleting the score linker, then installing it again from the site, see if that gets it.

Darian on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So have people sucked it up and started playing again on Beta? I put myself on vacation when a bunch of you did because I didn't want to play alone.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Several of us never stopped; come play with me!

Darian on