As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wii] Core Games AOC - After October Conference - Games? GAMES!! [56k GTFO]

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    carmofin wrote: »
    so i saved christmas with wario land i guess, still had a ps2 rpg to be played.
    but nintendo or some third party better delivers something playable next year, because right now theres nothing around the corner that really catches my interest. its all not, you know, bad, but its all developing on a mere "nights - journey of dreams" i really really want to like this but that just isnt it scale.

Nintendo has a whole list of top notch games coming out the first half of next year, so I doubt there won't be anything to look forward to.

I know that I won't be able to afford all of the games I want for the Wii next year, not including the games that I'm looking forward to on the 360.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Duck'O'DoomDuck'O'Doom Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Crystal Chronicles was one of the worst games I've ever played, no doubt it will be as big of a failure on the Wii

Duck'O'Doom on
  • Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    man, crystal chronicles is great

you just been hittin the haterade too hard

Randall_Flagg on
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    DuckODoom wrote: »
    Crystal Chronicles was one of the worst games I've ever played, no doubt it will be as big of a failure on the Wii

20030825h.gif

Taramoor on
    edited December 2008
    DuckODoom wrote: »

It was a fantastic game...I don't know what you're talking about.

Great comic though...just awesome. :D

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm going to finish playing it for maybe the fifth time with some drunken hijinks as our New Year's Eve pregame.

CC has stood the test of time. It is pretty much the best console RPG hack and slash. Yes, It is better than PSO.

It's up there with Diablo 1+2 as best the genre has ever seen.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I did not like CC very much at all

Stupid fucking bucket

It was like a really bad Secret of Mana

deadonthestreet on
  • RichardTauberRichardTauber Kvlt Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    FF:CC was nowhere near as good as Diablo 1 or 2.

RichardTauber on
  • pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Can you play FF:CC well with only one player? Or is it kind of like Dokapon Kingdom, where you can play it single-player, but it's tons better with multiple people?

pslong9 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
    edited December 2008
    pslong9 wrote: »
    Can you play FF:CC well with only one player? Or is it kind of like Dokapon Kingdom, where you can play it single-player, but it's tons better with multiple people?

Exponentially more fun with more players.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I got de Blob for Christmas. It's something everyone should check out, especially if you're experiencing a lack of games at the moment. I have feeling that as soon as next year's stuff hits de Blob is gonna be forgotten, just like Boom Blox.

SirUltimos on
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    I got de Blob for Christmas. It's something everyone should check out, especially if you're experiencing a lack of games at the moment. I have feeling that as soon as next year's stuff hits de Blob is gonna be forgotten, just like Boom Blox.

I worry about this too. I got Boom Blox for Christmas and I may have already forgotten about it, because I also got Tales of Symphonia 2 for Christmas.

So there you go.

Taramoor on
    edited December 2008
    Taramoor wrote: »

I worry about this too. I got Boom Blox for Christmas and I may have already forgotten about it, because I also got Tales of Symphonia 2 for Christmas.

So there you go.

Yeah, I'm the same way. I told myself that I wasn't going to get any new games until I finish up the games I'm currently playing (de Blob and Wii Music for Christmas, in the middle of ToS).

Then Steam had their after-holiday sale. And I got 4000 Wii points for Christmas that I have to spend.

Fortunately, the next game I'm looking forward to isn't until February (Little King's Story), but still...

pslong9 on
    steam_sig.png

• earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Kings Story is something I'm really anticipating. Deadly Creatures, MadWorld and House of the Dead are all up there too. I'm going to have some tough choices to make.

earthwormadam on
  • MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Gosh Amazon.com lists Deadly Creatures and HotD- Overkill released one right after the other...

I'm gonna be poor.

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i for one recognize the gamecube version of FF:CC as the piece of crap it is. what a tedious game...
    however the NDS version was really enjoyable, it was kind of like a spiritual successor to the secret of mana series.
    that being said the new wii game, does it even count as wii game? you do realize that it will be nothing but an emulated DS game that is being released on the wii to improve sales, right?
    so, i want to make this crystalclear ;)
    they canceled this:
    watch?v=xdKamRZ49Uc
    to instead bring us this:
    watch?v=4l7On72w1oA

carmofin on
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
    edited December 2008
    Crystal Bearers hasn't been canceled. In fact, there's a new trailer coming out for it that's bundled with the Wii version of Echoes of Time.

pslong9 on
    steam_sig.png

• EtericEteric Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Carmofin, I believe it was recently comfirmed on NeoGAF that it's not cancelled. Supposedly a new trailer will be on the Echoes of Time disc.

Edit: Beaten like a whore. :(

Eteric on
    eatfranks5.png
  • carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Crystal Bearers hasn't been canceled. In fact, there's a new trailer coming out for it that's bundled with the Wii version of Echoes of Time.

seriously? then that would be great news indeed. of course i do feel a bit ashamed about getting excited over a final fantasy title on a system, but ive been through worse ;)

carmofin on
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • EtericEteric Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    carmofin wrote: »

seriously? then that would be great news indeed. of course i do feel a bit ashamed about getting excited over a final fantasy title on a system, but ive been through worse ;)

Yup, it lives.

But I'm thinking it may have gone through a lot of changes since the last time we saw it. When this game began development, the Wii was thought to have been a fad. Hell, the game already looks different from it's original introduction.

Eteric on
    eatfranks5.png
  • GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Guek on
  • METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    aw, I'm kinda sad now that it's not set in winter. Hopefully there's still a snowy area.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Crystal Chronicles DS was everything the first one should have been, and I'm happy with more games in that vein.

Fragile continues to sound like the best thing. We'd better see it in PAL

Xagarath on
  • AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Xagarath wrote: »
    Crystal Chronicles DS was everything the first one should have been, and I'm happy with more games in that vein.

I'unno, I've played both games and I felt that Chrystal Chronicles GC did a better job at creating teamwork. The DS version was annoying, what with all the friendly fire, and everybody running around freely etc. I had great fun playing the first one with my friends, but the DS one... not so much.

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Taramoor wrote: »

So there you go.

ToS2 held my attention for exactly as long as it took to finish it and write my review over on Snackbar, no more.

I haven't had the chance to head out to GameStop to cash in my gift card, but I'm like 99% sure I'll be using it to finally pick up Boom Blox. I'd consider de Blob, but I sort of want another multiplayer game for when my friends and I tire of Smashery.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
    edited December 2008
    De Blob has a very fun multi-player section where you are challenged to paint more of a city than your opponent...when you have four players...it's hectic and fun.

I'm not knocking Boom Blox though, it was awesome as well.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    de Blob is awesome and everyone here should at LEAST rent it. My gaming friend won't listen to me and says that the game doesn't interest him at all. He won't even give it a shot.

urahonky on
    edited December 2008
    Listen to Honky!

De Blob is (in my opinion) one of the best games to come out of third parties for the Wii, and is as close to a Nintendo quality title that I have ever seen. Fantastic game, and has both great one player and multi player sections.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh, it's definitely high up on the list, but the list needs spare cash to make it shorter, and BB was on it first.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
    edited December 2008
    I think the main reason I like it is because the music in the game is fantastic. I really couldn't play more than a level at a time because it's not a game you want to burn through quickly, but I'd do a level when I got home from work and it felt so relaxing to do that.

urahonky on
    edited December 2008
    I understand about funds and having to go through the list one at a time.

I still want Mushroom Men but haven't the money to get it. :(

It's ok though, Boom Blox is also fantastic.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited December 2008
    Ampix wrote: »

I'unno, I've played both games and I felt that Chrystal Chronicles GC did a better job at creating teamwork. The DS version was annoying, what with all the friendly fire, and everybody running around freely etc. I had great fun playing the first one with my friends, but the DS one... not so much.

The teamwork may have been better on GC, but the basic gameplay was pretty inferior. DS version was, quite simply, less dull.

Xagarath on
    edited December 2008
    That's it, Xagarath, no more lies and slander about FF:CC.

You're also on the list!
    Tea at 4?

Xenogears of Bore on
  • AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ampix wrote: »

The teamwork may have been better on GC, but the basic gameplay was pretty inferior. DS version was, quite simply, less dull.

That is true.

Still, the visuals in the GC version were amazing. I remember just walking around in that giant house with my friends, gawking at the pretty huge furniture (that's furniture that's huge and pretty). The best game would be a mix of the two I guess, on the Wii, with optional DS support (I really liked having that extra screen for bonuses and stuff)

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2008
    Make it 4:30?

Xagarath on
    edited December 2008
    urahonky wrote: »
    de Blob is awesome and everyone here should at LEAST rent it. My gaming friend won't listen to me and says that the game doesn't interest him at all. He won't even give it a shot.

I hate people like that? Really, what do they have to lose by just trying the game out for a bit? But it is true, everyone should at least rent it if not buy it.

SirUltimos on
    edited December 2008
    It's full of content, has a near perfect soundtrack, and a great multi player...well worth the 50 dollar pricetag.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah a few of my friends are sometimes unwilling to try games that are obscure or slightly strange. That just explains why I am slightly unwilling to call them up sometimes..

earthwormadam on
    edited December 2008

I hate people like that? Really, what do they have to lose by just trying the game out for a bit? But it is true, everyone should at least rent it if not buy it.

He even has Gamefly, so the worst thing that could happen is that he hates the game with a passion, places it back in the envelope and sends it off. OH NO SO MUCH WORK!

urahonky on
    edited December 2008

He even has Gamefly, so the worst thing that could happen is that he hates the game with a passion, places it back in the envelope and sends it off. OH NO SO MUCH WORK!

I have two friends, A and B. A few years ago they were going to rent some games, with A paying for it, and so A wanted to rent Katamari Damacy. B argued with him for 20 minutes about how he didn't want it and if they rented it he wouldn't play it. Then when A rented it anyway B loved the game. I mean, was it really worth all that effort? Just try something new, dammit.

Back on topic though, if it weren't for the THQ and BlueTongue at the start of de Blob you'd swear it was a Nintendo game. The whole package just seems like something Nintendo would produce. And yes, the soundtrack kicks ass.

SirUltimos on