Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Check from FIA Card Services

DemerdarDemerdar Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I just received, in the mail, a check for $99.00 from FIA Card Services.

In the letter it stated:

Dear Demerdar,

Enclosed you will find a check which represents a refund of your collateral funds from your FIA Card Services Secured Card account.

Please remember that all refunds are subjected to final audit. Any adjustments will be posted to your account.

If you have further questions, please contact our Customer Satisfaction Department at 1-800-###-####. We appreciate this opportunity to be of service to you.

Now, from what I've read, FIA card services has something to do with Bank of America, which I currently have an account with (a credit account as well). Because I needed a credit card (and it was my first), I paid a startup amount for the credit card (i'm not sure how much). Could this be a return with interest on that fee I paid?

I guess I should just call them, but if anybody can shed some light on this, I'd be happy to hear it.

Demerdar on
parabol
nin_new2.gif

• DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Definitely call them to figure it out -- but make sure that the phone number they give is actually a phone number for FIA or Bank of America or something. Don't call them up and start giving them personal information without verifying that. If you can't figure out whether the phone number is legit or not, just call up your Bank of America customer service number and explain the letter/check that you got and ask them what's up. If it's legitimate, they should know.