Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Proper Drinking

babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Social Entropy++
Well I typed this out so it was fucking huge once, then Firefox shit itself, so let's try again shall we?

I want to talk about proper pouring, mixing, balancing and serving of liquor.

Good recipes, tips and tricks for the home bartender, and favorite bottles.

Everyone knows the Martini, but have you had one dirty? Have you replaced the olive brine in a dirty martini with tequila? It's better than you think. Just a dash, though.

I love experimenting with the Gimlet. 1.5 oz of Bombay Sapphire Gin, half ounce of Rose's Lime Cordial shaken short but sharp and served in a rocks glass with ice. You have to find that perfect balance, but you are rewarded if you take the time.

Or the Manhattan. God damn I love a good Perfect Manhattan. 1.5 oz Rye, or Knob's Creek Bourbon if you're up to it, with half an ounce of sweet vermouth and half an ounce of dry vermouth and a dash of Angostura's Bitters. I like them in a rocks glass over ice with an orange zest for garnish. If I make it for friends I take a bit of the white part of the peel with the zest, give it a little squeeze and light the motherfucker on fire. Always a pleaser.

Ever made your own mojitos? 3 mint leaves in a tall thin glass, muddle it with a fork or a muddler stick, a couple teaspoons of simple syrup or fine sugar, 3 tablespoons of lime juice, stir with ice while adding an ounce and a half of white rum, top with club soda or seltzer, garnish with a lime wedge and a mint stick, or another leaf if you don't want to spring for sticks. Great for hot days.

I have a great recipe for Scotch drinks too.
Spoiler:

So faggots, what's your best Shirley Temple?

babyeatingjesus on
hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif