Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Hardware: Stuck Wii Eject Button

sullijosullijo mid-level minionsubterranean bunkerRegistered User regular
edited July 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
My three-year-old knocked over my Wii the other day and now the eject button is stuck! It won't depress at all (it feels like its of one piece with the console), so now all we can play is Banana Blitz. (The console itself works just fine).

A cursory search of the internets produced no solution. Anyone have a similar incident or any idea how to un-stick the button?

sullijo on
sig_nextwave.jpg

• ChubblyChubbly Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Still under warranty? Probably the best - and only - option. Nintendo are usually pretty good about this stuff and will replace no questions asked. I think they repair as well. Check that out.

Otherwise there's the good old try-to-pry-out-with-pin technique that I've had success with on other buttons that have become permanently depressed. Try to lever the button out with the pin or push the pin into the button and forcibly pull it left or right to get it unstuck.

• mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You can open it. You will need a special screwdriver though for most ease...It is a very annoying process with many screws and after having done it once, I'd never do it again :P

If it is under warranty, call em up.

Either way, give them a call.

• TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Well, when a button a GCN controller is stuck, you would hold both prongs/sides of the controller and twist gently, like wringing a towel.

You could try twisting your Wii console gently, in case the eject button might pop out.

• sullijosullijo mid-level minion subterranean bunkerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    No warranty (I bought it at launch), so I'll try to pry the bugger out.

Thanks for the help.

sig_nextwave.jpg