Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Moe's Stupid Technology Tavern: AWESOME POST in "Seared cables from PC Fan: What to do?",

wunderbarwunderbar Registered User regular
wunderbar has reported a post.

Reason:
someone actually told him that if he switched computer cases, he'd have to re-install windows, and he believed them.
Forum: Moe's Stupid Technology Tavern
Posted by: Professor Snugglesworth

Original Content:
Well that's another thing I was considering. I've been typing on my youngest sister's PC, which she never ever uses anymore. I was considering as a solution for the switch problem, and due to the bad press I read about Dell towers, to use her tower (an Insignia), take out all the components and replace them with mine, therefore getting a new (and better?) tower and a new switch to boot.

I was told I would definitely have to to reinstall Windows if I did this, though. But I'm making further backups in Safe Mode as we speak, since I still want to read more opinions on what I should do next, plus dinner's up soon, so it'll be a couple hours until I decide on anything final.

But let me ask again, if I were to install Vista on my second driver instead of reinstalling it on my first driver, will having Vista on two drivers cause any problems? Can I then uninstall Vista from driver no. 1 and not lose any files or programs?

wunderbar on

This discussion has been closed.