As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Woot-off On]

• Options
    kpeezykpeezy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    How many of the Sony media PCs were there?

kpeezy on
    me itt
    SSBB: 5370-1223-4258
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    says 42 woots for the mouse 10-pack... so they sold 420 mice in like... 2 minutes or so.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    kpeezy wrote: »
    How many of the Sony media PCs were there?

if you go to the comments page for any given item (accessible here: http://www.woot.com/Forums/Default.aspx), you can see the number sold after the item is gone... like such for the media PC:

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2461577
    Total woots: 196

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    these headphones suck.

that DVI connector on there? Goes to some special Razer sound card that only works with these headphones.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    ArminasArminas Student of Life SF, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Daedalus wrote: »
    these headphones suck.

that DVI connector on there? Goes to some special Razer sound card that only works with these headphones.

ssshhh! people are still buying them

Arminas on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    the sound card required to make these headphones not suck costs like a hundred dollars.

edit: a hundred and thirty.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829153003

Daedalus on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    OK, we are in BoC territory. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. 1-2pm pst to 4-5pst

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    PjstelfordPjstelford Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Sorry, new to Wootoff, but BoC?

Pjstelford on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Pjstelford wrote: »

Bag of crap. The elusive item that is usually crap. Sometimes something awesome slips in but thats pretty rare. You have to be quick to get them before they are all gone.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Bag O' Crap

In lieu of typical product sales, Woot occasionally offers a $1.00 fukubukuro-like blind grab bag officially called "Random Crap". Its accompanying picture has lent it the name "Bag O' Crap" (BOC). The BOC includes dollar store items and may also include significantly more expensive items such as large flat-screen televisions.[6] The BOC typically triggers the flooding of Woot's servers with thousands and thousands of order requests. The available BOCs typically sell out within seconds. Processing a customer's order for a BOC, assuming he or she is first lucky enough to get one before everyone else, may sometimes take over an hour.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Bag of Crap

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    the sound card required to make these headphones not suck costs like a hundred dollars.

That card was up earlier in the wootoff for $50.

Woot seems to like selling tie racks and tie rack motors separately.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    Desert_Eagle25Desert_Eagle25 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Bag 'o Crap

The most awaited item ever at Woot. Has random shit in it, ranging from digital watches to 32" HDTVs.

Desert_Eagle25 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I thought that the HP-1 Audio Splitter Cable made it work with most sound cards?

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    BubbaT wrote: »

That card was up earlier in the wootoff for $50.

Woot seems to like selling tie racks and tie rack motors separately.

yeah, like last woot off when they sold an entire 5.1 speaker set and the related hardware to use it one piece at a time.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Bag O' Crap

In lieu of typical product sales, Woot occasionally offers a $1.00 fukubukuro-like blind grab bag officially called "Random Crap". Its accompanying picture has lent it the name "Bag O' Crap" (BOC). The BOC includes dollar store items and may also include significantly more expensive items such as large flat-screen televisions.[6] The BOC typically triggers the flooding of Woot's servers with thousands and thousands of order requests. The available BOCs typically sell out within seconds. Processing a customer's order for a BOC, assuming he or she is first lucky enough to get one before everyone else, may sometimes take over an hour.

Does this mean that after hitting the "I want one" button, that you have to wait for an hour for your browser to do anything? :(

Arminas on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I thought that the HP-1 Audio Splitter Cable made it work with most sound cards?

It'll make it work, but it won't sound like a fifty dollar pair of headphones.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Oh my, it's a camera, it's hella cheap. I'm so tempted. I've been looking for a new camera, but I have no idea if this is any good. :(

No wait, everyone on Amazon thinks it sucks.

Arminas on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Arminas wrote: »

Bag O' Crap

Does this mean that after hitting the "I want one" button, that you have to wait for an hour for your browser to do anything? :(

after you submit an order it'll go to a processing page. your browser will be on that one for a while. you can just leave it open and pull up a new window

(in for 3 on those shitty FM transmitters!)

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I wonder if the lego star wars dudes come with the refurb'd mp3 player.

Arminas on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Arminas wrote: »
    I wonder if the lego star wars dudes come with the refurb'd mp3 player.

they do not

they never do

:(

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I have the 4GB version of that MP3 player and it is a sweet little machine. Do be warned though that it is a fucking fingerprint magnet and scratch prone (i put a nick in the screen on mine, d'oh!). It is compatible with RockBox firmware and microsd expansion.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Why are they portraying a TIE Pilot as a stormtrooper? They need to get a Royal Guard in there, stat.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I have the 4GB version of that MP3 player and it is a sweet little machine. Do be warned though that it is a fucking fingerprint magnet and scratch prone (i put a nick in the screen on mine, d'oh!). It is compatible with RockBox firmware and microsd expansion.

Yeah I bought the 4GB version and they sent me the 6GB instead! Only real problem is that there is a little skip in between tracks.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My sister's been looking for a good MP3 player, so I ordered one of the Sanzas, and I'll either give her my old one or give her this one, depending on if I like it as much as I think I'm going to like it.

Khavall on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Malkor wrote: »

Yeah I bought the 4GB version and they sent me the 6GB instead! Only real problem is that there is a little skip in between tracks.

Huh, mine doesn't do that. Hope yours is okay!

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I wonder how much ad revenue they get from people hitting F5 all day...

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    this media center remote is going pretty fast too, hhoooooo! huuuuuwat is next?

Arminas on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    plasma ball for usb and alienware standalone sound system GONE :(

Arminas on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Boy, look at that server squirm.

For a $180 center-channel speaker.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ha, looks like they're doing the sound system thing again.

Kaboodles_The_Assassin on
    sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, I was going to ask...it seemed like there were parts missing.

Arminas on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    someone's gonna come out of this woot off with a fairly nice complete speaker system.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

D:

I did that last time, and the thing's are horrible. Like, no signal when held 4 feet from the antenna horrible.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    BubbaT wrote: »

D:

I did that last time, and the thing's are horrible. Like, no signal when held 4 feet from the antenna horrible.

yeah, i fully expect them not to work.

but, one of my cars doesn't have a tape deck, so i can't use that sort of adapter for my MP3 player. worst case i'm out like, 8 dollars.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Oooooh *drool* I would LOVE to buy that Klipsch center speaker, my 5.1 system is sorely missing one. Unfortunately I do not have 185 bones to spare :(

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    kpeezykpeezy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Get better fronts :p

kpeezy on
    me itt
    SSBB: 5370-1223-4258
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    For the price they're charging that thing better with limited modification let me do this:
    bass.png

Sorenson on
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I need to go to the post office real bad, but last time I did during a wootoff, a wild BoC's appeared.

BOO

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Don't worry, we'll order extras JUST FOR YOU.*

*so long as you don't mind getting saddled with the chicken wing platters and expired gourmet coffee

Sorenson on