As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SQL Server Management Studio + Intellisense = Awesome

DusdaDusda is ashamed of this postSLC, UTRegistered User regular
It has been some time since I've done any heavy (read: thousands of lines of) T-SQL in Management Studio, but thanks to a client's stubborn policies regarding data access layers I'm going to be writing a bible's worth of stored procedures. In the interest of not going completely insane trying to solve "Error near this half of the script" problems, I was wondering if anyone had a Management Studio plugin handy that offered some level of Intellisense support. I've poked around online a bit but haven't come up with anything definitive.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
Dusda on

• Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Nevermind, I have found one: RedGate's SQL Prompt. it is awesome.

Dusda on
  • Options
    KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    For $195 it better be awesome. D:

Kris on
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ha, yea. I'm using the two week trial for now.

Dusda on
  • Options
    KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hopefully you can pound out all or most of your stored procedures before those two weeks are up. ;-) All the power to ya!

But hey, I guess if you end up keeping it, you could always charge your client. M i rite? :winky:

Kris on
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Dusda wrote: »
    Nevermind, I have found one: RedGate's SQL Prompt. it is awesome.

I tried that one for a while, and it didn't seem to work very well (this was a couple years ago though). Many times it wouldn't pop up the intellisense list at all, and other times it wouldn't have the correct items in the list. Restarting would normally fix it, but it got old fast.

What version of SQL Studio are you using, out of curiosity?

Ganluan on