As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kingdom Hearts: Bat-Sized Keys Make The Best Weapons [NSF56K?]

• Options
    RobchamRobcham The Rabbit King of your pantsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i saw that rob
    jerk
    yeah well
    I just didn't feel like arguing over gummi ships

Robcham on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    Pete and Maleficent were so tacked on in KHII. They show up at the very end after being absent most of the game and do next to nothing. A terrible waste.

Steamboat Willy was such an awesome level, though.

I like Pete as a character and I really wish I had seen more of them. Maybe they'll make another game one day that explains what in the fuck they were off doing for 99% of Kingdom Hearts II.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Pete and Maleficent were so tacked on in KHII. They show up at the very end after being absent most of the game and do next to nothing. A terrible waste.

I like Pete as a character and I really wish I had seen more of them. Maybe they'll make another game one day that explains what in the fuck they were off doing for 99% of Kingdom Hearts II.

I don't get what you mean. They were all over the first half of KH2 when you had to deal with straight Heartless for the most part.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Owenashi wrote: »

I don't get what you mean. They were all over the first half of KH2 when you had to deal with straight Heartless for the most part.

But they didn't do anything cool!

TankHammer on
  • Options
    MathildaMathilda Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Hey, Maleficent can't be turning into an asshole dragon all the time.

Mathilda on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Mathilda wrote: »

Hey, Maleficent can't be turning into an asshole dragon all the time.

Half the time maybe?

TankHammer on
  • Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Keith wrote: »
    Kingdom Hearts 2 is the best game on PS2 and I've been wanting to play it again but I don't own it

I really kind of hated KH2

it just felt like such a chore towards the end

Okami on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Okami wrote: »
    Kingdom Hearts 2 is the best game on PS2 and I've been wanting to play it again but I don't own it

which part of the end
    the part where you have to revisit every world? yeah that part sucked

or do you mean like the last world with nobodies

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Organization XIII seems like it had a lot of wasted potential.

Then again I never played Chain of Memories.

I despise card-game combat mechanics. If I couldn't get through a Castlevania game with that gimmick I'm not going to be able to get through an isometric, 2D, Kingdom Hearts game.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

which part of the end
    the part where you have to revisit every world? yeah that part sucked

or do you mean like the last world with nobodies

pretty much right after the war

Okami on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    yeah that was a low point
    the bosses kept me going because i <3 the combat system

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

I despise card-game combat mechanics. If I couldn't get through a Castlevania game with that gimmick I'm not going to be able to get through an isometric, 2D, Kingdom Hearts game.

I cannot think of a single Castlevania game with card-combat mechanics. You are faulty.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    hoodie13 wrote: »

I cannot think of a single Castlevania game with card-combat mechanics. You are faulty.

Well Circle of the Moon had card mechanics

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    There were cards. That was pretty much it.

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Well Circle of the Moon had card mechanics

That's the one. I couldn't remember if it was Harmony of Dissonance or Circle of the Moon.

I guess I should have guessed it was the only GBA game without a musical reference in the title.

I didn't finish it, that's all I know.
    It probably had more to do with being a whip-user than the cards though, honestly. I just love choosing my weapons too much.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    But dude, there was no card-combat mechanic, you haven't addressed this yet. The cards were just a way to stick one element in one place instead of going "I HAEV TEH ELEMENT-O-FIRE"

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I mean, at no point did you slap some card down on the table and call a dragon or pikachu or what have you, and you never shuffled a deck, and you didn't have to worry about someone playing a stronger card than you.

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hakunin wrote: »
    KH2 was so much better

I loved the little mermaid world
    just want to point out i agree wholeheartedly with this statement

are you two serious?

I mean really, just take a look at this cut scene from that stage and tell me again how great it was

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7p3tgxfzQs

they took such a dramatic scene from the movie and just cut the balls right off of it

Okami on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I mean, at no point did you slap some card down on the table and call a dragon or pikachu or what have you, and you never shuffled a deck, and you didn't have to worry about someone playing a stronger card than you.

To the best of my knowledge the card mechanic in Chain of Memories didn't involve slapping down pokemon cards either so I think you're confused.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    i enjoyed the card mechanic
    it was just too cramped on a portable

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited August 2008

To the best of my knowledge the card mechanic in Chain of Memories didn't involve slapping down pokemon cards either so I think you're confused.

^ completely missing point

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Why would they go through the trouble to make a 3D, PS2 game out of it and then only release it to the Japanese market?

Hell, they could have sold it to me for $20 and I'd be happy.

This thread has made me want to get my PS2 back from Sarah just so I can watch the opening movies for both KH and KHII by the way.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Why would they go through the trouble to make a 3D, PS2 game out of it and then only release it to the Japanese market?

Hell, they could have sold it to me for $20 and I'd be happy.

This thread has made me want to get my PS2 back from Sarah just so I can watch the opening movies for both KH and KHII by the way.

Yeah, the opening movies for KH1 and 2 are pretty good. They make CoM look more action-packed to say the least. I would have dug around Youtube to put them up in the OP but I figured the secret movies would be better, especially since KH2's opening movie is slightly spoilerish when it comes to past events.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    KH2 had a great story, if you ignore every single Disney aspect.

Mulan, PotC, and especially The Little Mermaid were horrific. At least KH1 kept both halves of the mixture interesting.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Spectral SwallowSpectral Swallow Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I can't believe some of you guys didn't like the Roxas part of KH2, that was one of the best parts of the game. By the time I got to play as Sora, I was totally engrossed in his story.

Also, little mermaid section in part 2 was a whole lot better than the generic section in part one. Huzzah for disney songs!

Spectral Swallow on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Are you serious? Those songs were terrible. I had to keep the game on mute just to play through Atlantica.

And overall, CoM is a better game than KHII. Good story, and the best Organization characters are there.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I really wish they'd have released the KHII final mix stateside

I would play the hell out of it

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Are you serious? Those songs were terrible. I had to keep the game on mute just to play through Atlantica.

And overall, CoM is a better game than KHII. Good story, and the best Organization characters are there.

I liked the songs at Atlantica. I do wish they found a way to fit in Ursula's proper song from the movie though.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    the little mermaid world from KH2 was terrible and so is anyone who liked it

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Okami on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2008
    The little mermaid world was awesome and TDot likes terrible shit

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Keith, I'm gonna cut you

Okami on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2008
    you won't do it

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'll do it

because I'm fucking crazy

Okami on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    man the only redeeming quality was that the visual cues were so big and slow and obvious that you could easily clear all the stages with the sound off

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    seizureorbsseizureorbs Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    the little mermaid stage was the worst part of KHII

god, it was so bad

seizureorbs on
    eyes.gif
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The Disney worlds were typically pretty fun to play but the story for most of them was pretty weak. A few of them were pretty cool, like Tron and Lion King, which was badass. The boss fights in the Lion King world were all really sweet.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Hear, hear.

I fucking hated doing those songs.

Even though I know all the words and everything it was annoying

Junpei on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    New places for KH3:

Fantasia

Bug Life

Incredibles

Robin Hood