As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The "Lose Your Faith in Humanity" Thread (Now With Inspring Words by Pony!)

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    german heritage lol

head like a cube

Pony on
  • Options
    BibbleBibble __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    You walk towards the purple. It grows apparent that the light is coming from a sign, but you can't quite discern the text on it with your Boss-sunglasses on. A small, pueblo like building sits next to the sign.

>

enter the mysterious pueblo

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited August 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    StaxeonStaxeon Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You walk towards the purple. It grows apparent that the light is coming from a sign, but you can't quite discern the text on it with your Boss-sunglasses on. A small, pueblo like building sits next to the sign.

>

fuck bitches, get money

Staxeon on
    Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
    No man should have that kind of power.
    (Twitter)
  • Options
    Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You walk up to the Pueblo, a soft, florescent light emanates from its glass doors. You push them in, and you are suddenly blinded, not even the supreme hustling of your boss sunglasses can protect you from this light

>

use HEATER

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You walk up to the Pueblo, a soft, florescent light emanates from its glass doors. You push them in, and you are suddenly blinded, not even the supreme hustling of your boss sunglasses can protect you from this light

>

Make it Rain

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You cannot use HEATER! Your vision begins to slowly return

>

I put on my robe and wizard hat

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited August 2008

>

use eyedrops

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    SephSeph Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i am terrible because i love that boost mobile phone commercial with Boss Dupri

i love it

Seph on
    doit.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    protostorm wrote: »

>

use BOSS eyedrops

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You guys have fucked this thread up with an unrivaled force.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Needs more bedroom pie

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    You don't have eyedrops! The interior of the building begins to come into focus. A small sign sits near your feet, indicating that the floor is slippery when wet.

>

Make it Rain

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    BasicBasic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Actually, if I cared about what the internet thought of me, I wouldn't be posting.

Really I just see myself as a broken piece of equipment that needs to be thrown the fuck away. But you want reasons.

1) I'm ugly as shit, no one likes ugly people. My biggest problem would be my nose, which I've tried to fix but nothing ever works. Best solution would be to cut it off.
    2) My small collection of hobbies is focused around tabletop gaming, the second you mention anything about that in the area I live in you become "that guy".
    3) I'm overweight, no one likes overweight people. *I know I can fix this. I'm trying, really. But it isn't going to do me any good anyway, so why bother.*
    4) I know alot of useless crap that doesn't have any application to real life. "Oh wow, that totally reminds me of the 4th crusade where..." If I had other things to talk about this wouldn't be a problem, but I don't.
    5) I know jack shit about cars or professional sports, so 90% of the people I interact with I have nothing worth talking about. Of course, when I do mention things it's usually things they don't know about, which makes them defensive because I end up looking like an asshole(really I try not to be, but they're the ones asking me about it damnit).
    6) I have no sense of style. Either I'm a quiet observer or monologing about useless crap.

the next two don't really attribute to me per say, but I add them in because they bug me.

7) The college I go to just doesn't fit me, people here are so uptight and boring. I mean, it did evolve from a state normal school so that shouldn't surprise me. Not to mention that when I do get my fancy placemat(degree) no one is going to accept it.

8) My placemat is going to be worth shit anyway because of the name attached to it. I've been told by my professors that department heads with phd's from this shit hole are ignored in their professional field even though they have far more expertise than others in the same field.

I've grown to hate my degree anyway, but this just kicks the wind right out of me.

Those two problems are fixable, technically. If I had the money(I don't) I would transfer(but I don't, so I can't). I would also switch my degree to something actually applicaple to real life, but that would mean more wasted years in college. My poor choices really. I can see with perfect clarity the moment in highschool when I shot my future in the head.

Your problems are just like mine, except maybe mine are a little different.

I can't talk to most people, we never have anything in common.

My small collection of hobbies revolves around anime, manga, movies, video games and graphic novels. These are not things most people are interested in.

I think I am fuck ugly because I am chubby, no one likes chubby people. I know a lot of stuff, and most of it isn't applicable in real life like you put it.

I know jack shit about sports, the only two I have ever cared about was fencing and soccer, and I've stopped playing those.

My guilt won't let go of me every time I see my pops take out another fucking loan to pay for a fucking mortgage he could never have paid for in the first place all because "we deserve it". Fuck that. I don't want the burden of guilt telling me I have to take care of them and their failed finances.

I never live up to my mother's expectations, and she always reminds me of that. Sometimes she said she needed to go further by tying me up and putting me in the closet when I was younger, or seeking out to embarrass me in front of my friends. My mother is seriously bad at parenting. Fuck you, mom.

I have no fucking sense of style either. I always look horrible, and I am always conscious of myself, partly because my mother loves to point it out.

I don't know what I want to do with my life anymore. I lost my grant because I lost interest in my major and failed everything. I just don't have a passion for... anything.

Ultimately, I've realized that none of that is really anything. Those problems are nothing compared to what other people have. Yet, I can't bring myself to imagine that it could be worse, because I haven't had it as worse.

And that's when I realized something the fuck is wrong with me. I don't need this shit. I don't need to feel guilty about anything or feel conscious of myself. I need to get a job, and quit the fuck moping around. It's getting me nowhere. I need to talk to people, and I need to realize I am who I am, and there are things I can change about myself. I don't have to be chubby, I can go exercise (and I have been starting to do so). If I can't pay for college, I'll get a job. I have my entire fucking life ahead of me, and I have plenty of time to find something I like doing. I can move the fuck out and leave my mother, who is a constant annoyance. All of my problems, and all the problems anyone has ever had, is solve-able. Some people need help through support from family and friends, others need help through people they don't know like psychiatrists and such. And then others can always try to fix things themselves when they know exactly what their problems are. My point is, there is no reason to just give up on yourself or the world. Even those few people who know you well is only a fraction of the many you can have great relationships with.

Also, I refuse to believe that most or all people are inherently assholes. Everyone has their circumstances, and most people try to grow out of them.

Basic on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You guys have fucked this thread up with an unrivaled force.

I feel there's a connection with the original intent of the thread here

but I can't put my finger on it

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Basic wrote: »

Actually, if I cared about what the internet thought of me, I wouldn't be posting.

Really I just see myself as a broken piece of equipment that needs to be thrown the fuck away. But you want reasons.

1) I'm ugly as shit, no one likes ugly people. My biggest problem would be my nose, which I've tried to fix but nothing ever works. Best solution would be to cut it off.
    2) My small collection of hobbies is focused around tabletop gaming, the second you mention anything about that in the area I live in you become "that guy".
    3) I'm overweight, no one likes overweight people. *I know I can fix this. I'm trying, really. But it isn't going to do me any good anyway, so why bother.*
    4) I know alot of useless crap that doesn't have any application to real life. "Oh wow, that totally reminds me of the 4th crusade where..." If I had other things to talk about this wouldn't be a problem, but I don't.
    5) I know jack shit about cars or professional sports, so 90% of the people I interact with I have nothing worth talking about. Of course, when I do mention things it's usually things they don't know about, which makes them defensive because I end up looking like an asshole(really I try not to be, but they're the ones asking me about it damnit).
    6) I have no sense of style. Either I'm a quiet observer or monologing about useless crap.

the next two don't really attribute to me per say, but I add them in because they bug me.

7) The college I go to just doesn't fit me, people here are so uptight and boring. I mean, it did evolve from a state normal school so that shouldn't surprise me. Not to mention that when I do get my fancy placemat(degree) no one is going to accept it.

8) My placemat is going to be worth shit anyway because of the name attached to it. I've been told by my professors that department heads with phd's from this shit hole are ignored in their professional field even though they have far more expertise than others in the same field.

I've grown to hate my degree anyway, but this just kicks the wind right out of me.

Those two problems are fixable, technically. If I had the money(I don't) I would transfer(but I don't, so I can't). I would also switch my degree to something actually applicaple to real life, but that would mean more wasted years in college. My poor choices really. I can see with perfect clarity the moment in highschool when I shot my future in the head.

Your problems are just like mine, except maybe mine are a little different.

I can't talk to most people, we never have anything in common.

My small collection of hobbies revolves around anime, manga, movies, video games and graphic novels. These are not things most people are interested in.

I think I am fuck ugly because I am chubby, no one likes chubby people. I know a lot of stuff, and most of it isn't applicable in real life like you put it.

I know jack shit about sports, the only two I have ever cared about was fencing and soccer, and I've stopped playing those.

My guilt won't let go of me every time I see my pops take out another fucking loan to pay for a fucking mortgage he could never have paid for in the first place all because "we deserve it". Fuck that. I don't want the burden of guilt telling me I have to take care of them and their failed finances.

I never live up to my mother's expectations, and she always reminds me of that. Sometimes she said she needed to go further by tying me up and putting me in the closet when I was younger, or seeking out to embarrass me in front of my friends. My mother is seriously bad at parenting. Fuck you, mom.

I have no fucking sense of style either. I always look horrible, and I am always conscious of myself, partly because my mother loves to point it out.

I don't know what I want to do with my life anymore. I lost my grant because I lost interest in my major and failed everything. I just don't have a passion for... anything.

Ultimately, I've realized that none of that is really anything. Those problems are nothing compared to what other people have. Yet, I can't bring myself to imagine that it could be worse, because I haven't had it as worse.

And that's when I realized something the fuck is wrong with me. I don't need this shit. I don't need to feel guilty about anything or feel conscious of myself. I need to get a job, and quit the fuck moping around. It's getting me nowhere. I need to talk to people, and I need to realize I am who I am, and there are things I can change about myself. I don't have to be chubby, I can go exercise (and I have been starting to do so). If I can't pay for college, I'll get a job. I have my entire fucking life ahead of me, and I have plenty of time to find something I like doing. I can move the fuck out and leave my mother, who is a constant annoyance. All of my problems, and all the problems anyone has ever had, is solve-able. Some people need help through support from family and friends, others need help through people they don't know like psychiatrists and such. And then others can always try to fix things themselves when they know exactly what their problems are. My point is, there is no reason to just give up on yourself or the world. Even those few people who know you well is only a fraction of the many you can have great relationships with.

Also, I refuse to believe that most or all people are inherently assholes. Everyone has their circumstances, and most people try to grow out of them.
    579 words

high score insert initials _ _ _.

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You don't have eyedrops! The interior of the building begins to come into focus. A small sign sits near your feet, indicating that the floor is slippery when wet.

>

ejaculate on the floor

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008

>

Ride the sign through the treacherous waters

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

>

Whip off yo shades

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Bibble wrote: »

P O O

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008

>

make a rap song about pueblos

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    StaxeonStaxeon Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    579 words

What's high score mean? Did I break it??

Staxeon on
    Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
    No man should have that kind of power.
    (Twitter)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    IpseDixit wrote: »

>

Whip off yo shades
    You whip off yo shades. The room is fully in view now. It is a Taco Bell, but something is different, the customers standing in line seem like close, but long gone friends.

>

ejaculate on the long gone friends

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008

>

Whip off yo shades
    You whip off yo shades. The room is fully in view now. It is a Taco Bell, but something is different, the customers standing in line seem like close, but long gone friends.

>

Examine patrons of taco bell

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

>

Whip off yo shades

>

The patrons appear to be the entirety of the living Wu-Tang Clan, and the spectral figures of ODB, Tupac, and Biggie. Your examining has caught their attention, and they all stare at you, as if awaiting some sort of command.

>

WE PLAY HOOPS

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

>

Whip off yo shades

>

The patrons appear to be the entirety of the living Wu-Tang Clan, and the spectral figures of ODB, Tupac, and Biggie. Your examining has caught their attention, and they all stare at you, as if awaiting some sort of command.

>

Start a chess match with the Rza

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I used to think I was a hideous unloveable fuck too. The thing is, as long as you think that, it's going to remain true. It's all about confidence!

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Umaro wrote: »
    I used to think I was a hideous unloveable fuck too. The thing is, as long as you think that, it's going to remain true. It's all about confidence!

no it is not

confidence is the most important step, yes

but also, not being a greasy fatty with no sense of style or interest in what other people are talking about who spends a saturday night painting warhammer miniatures instead of going out

those are important too

Pony on
  • Options
    BasicBasic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Pony wrote: »

no it is not

but also, not being a greasy fatty with no sense of style or interest in what other people are talking about who spends a saturday night painting warhammer miniatures instead of going out

those are important too

Hey.

I am not greasy. :x

Basic on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    it's important to talk about yourself on the internet as much as possible this is how you truly become lovable

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Basic wrote: »

no it is not

those are important too

Hey.

I am not greasy. :x

did i say you are?

no

but you clearly self-identified with the rest of that statement

so much so you took umbrage with the apparent inconsistency

do you see how this is a problem

Pony on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Bibble why are you such an insufferably annoying cunt most days?

Listen, Basic? Slainbylich? Have either of you guys considered military service? Lots of people join the military because they do not know where to go and feel trapped. These really aren't bad reasons, you know.

Now, I am a civilian, but I have multiple friends who have served in various branches, one of them was an alcoholic at age 19. He joined so he could secure his future, get money for school, and marry the girl of his dreams. Right now he's married and will be finished with his service in 3 months. The military has improved his life immeasurably.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    it's important to talk about yourself on the internet as much as possible this is how you truly become lovable

Bibble can I be your bff

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

no it is not

those are important too

Well yeah. I found that as soon as I mustered up enough confidence to at least face my situation instead of lying around all day whining and bitching, the rest of the improvement came naturally.

Yes, improvement. I used to be worse.

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Bibble why are you such an insufferably annoying cunt most days?

Listen, Basic? Slainbylich? Have either of you guys considered military service? Lots of people join the military because they do not know where to go and feel trapped. These really aren't bad reasons, you know.

Now, I am a civilian, but I have multiple friends who have served in various branches, one of them was an alcoholic at age 19. He joined so he could secure his future, get money for school, and marry the girl of his dreams. Right now he's married and will be finished with his service in 3 months. The military has improved his life immeasurably.

NOTE: Also you might die.

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg