As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Auto-resizing of H-scroll-breaking images?

robaalrobaal Registered User regular
My LAN has a small forum and I noticed that large images are auto-smallarized so they don't break the H-scroll; I thought it would be a usefull addition to the PA boards. The only problem is that maybe it's a bit to strict, making the images unreadable...

Anyway, it uses phpBB modified by Przemo.

Another interseting thing is that a second post is treated as an edit rather than making a double-post. Apart from these it seems make the interface a bit messy with too much rarely-used stuff.

btw. would it be possible to make the "Message body" text field to fill the whole width of the screen? perhaps make it dependant on your resolution which could be chosen in the profile?

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra when suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath.
At night, the ice weasels come."

robaal on

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    robaal wrote:
    Another interseting thing is that a second post is treated as an edit rather than making a double-post.
    This would drive me nuts. Lengthier D&D posts sometimes have to be split up, and a lot of the time, we'll make two posts in a row in order to address different points, or split our remarks to make them more readable. Plus, I'd hate to lose a whole post because of a second one.

I like the H-scroll thing, though.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    Plus, I'd hate to lose a whole post because of a second one.
    Oh, you don't lose anything - the body of the new post is just added at the end of the previous one.

robaal on
    "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra when suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    robaal wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Oh, you don't lose anything - the body of the new post is just added at the end of the previous one.
    What happens when it breaks the character limit?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Animal SpiritsAnimal Spirits Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I agree with Thanatos. I go into threads and there are two different conversations I want to join, so I respond in separate posts. I like it that way.

Animal Spirits on
    wiisnake2jj0.jpg
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I'll second the idea of auto-resizing, though.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    robaal wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    What happens when it breaks the character limit?
    ...I don't know. I didn't know there even was one.

Personally I leave 3 or 4 lines between seperate conversations + a quote with name so it doesn't get overlooked.

I actually was a bit angered when my post was made into an edit, as I'm not sure if it will appear as an unread post but it's still an interesting idea - maybe it could be customized so that only short posts would be made into an edit to prevent bumping threads with no replies or something?

robaal on

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I dislike the idea of double posts being concatenated. The auto-resize seems like a good idea as long as it's not much trouble to implement.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited August 2006
    That is a sweet ass word.

Tube on
  • Options
    taoistlumberjaktaoistlumberjak Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    proposal to change his name to "Mr. Thesaurus"

taoistlumberjak on
    grillsgrillsgrills.jpg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited August 2006
    I was once accused of pretentiousness for using the word "acerbic" in a press release. As you can imagine, this put me in a somewhat invidious position.

Tube on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited August 2006
    Images can easily be made to appear in a scroll box rather than fucking the h-scroll in the nostril with some simple CSS.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Echo wrote:
    Images can easily be made to appear in a scroll box rather than fucking the h-scroll in the nostril with some simple CSS.
    I probably should have added that you can click the resized image to view it in its original size...

...in case the user isn't running firefox (or does IE/Opera also come with some "view image" option in the RMB menu?).

robaal on

• Options
    ResonantResonant Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I was once accused of pretentiousness for using the word "acerbic" in a press release. As you can imagine, this put me in a somewhat invidious position.

Oh, I'll put you in a position. <3

Resonant on
    convergesig.jpg