Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Cross-Country Miniature Transport?

HenryWardHenryWard Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Critical Failures
Hey guys,

So, sometime in the near future I'm going to need to transport a rather large collection of movies from my current home in North Carolina to my new one to-be in California. Several hundred Classic Battletech miniatures, a fair chunk of Warhammer, and most recently a little bit of Hordes. The awkward part is that I have no actual *storage* for any of these, and I'm sincerely hoping you can help me. In short, I'm looking for whatever brands/types/whatever of miniature storage you guys have used successfully, that ideally are good for both long-distance travel and a trip to the LGS and will hold varying sizes of figures well (quite a difference between a Warhammer gobbo and a Hordes Dire Troll). Cost is somewhat of a deal... I'm very willing to spend to protect my figures, but then I do have quite a lot of them and I'm just out of college (moving for a job) so I don't want to be spending a ridiculous ton if possible.

Thanks very much for your help!

-Henry

HenryWard on

• PMAversPMAvers You wouldn't have heard of it, anyway...Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm a fan of my Sabol ArmyTransports.

http://www.saboldesigns.net/home.html

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU!
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt Damn you, eidetic memory! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    By Sabol foam trays. Put them in a cardboard box, or other rigid container of your choice. I just brought a bunch of stuff back from Japan. I had all my tanks in a Sabol motor pool case, which was further being used to cusion my computer tower, all in a cardboard box. The box was beat all to hell by the time I reclaimed it, but the minis made it through without a scratch, including the two penitent engines, which I was sure would end up coming off their bases at least.

Origin ID: Null_Cypher
    Thomas-Vail.png