Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PAX 2008 Button Exchange! I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.

redhaloredhalo Registered User
edited October 2008 in PAX Archive
Wow this has been crazy. Thank you all for participating and enjoying yourselves, without everyone's support this would have never taken off like it did. More directly I'd like to thank the assistance of Pure Buttons, lordthanda, Moe Fwacky, jonxp, Big Red, the rest of the excellent Enforcers, whoever the hell actually built the case, Recruit, and the Sheraton Security, We've learned a lot this year on how to better organize this for the next coming PAX, and I hope to see everyone playing again. I have several special ideas floating in my head that I'm going to work on during the next year.

imgp3879.jpg
2819035861_0557b5daf7.jpg
imgp3875.jpg
2818924564_c14ff048c1.jpg

Original OP
Spoiler:

redhalo on

• CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Officer wrote: »
    Extra buttons in the process of ordering. Given that the turnaround time has gone down to 9-10 days, I am thinking I could get these in time. Here are the designs. I want to get them in 1.25 inch size.

Both of them are Doctor Who-ish.
    Spoiler:

And this one.
    Spoiler:

*Keels. Dies. WANTS BOTH*

I am willing to hand over an LHH Button for one of those. (Maybe both since you are super-hot like that. ...So I've heard BA state... *Shifty-eyes; avoiding a beat-down from BA for adding words in mouth*)

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • SableSable Registered User
    edited August 2008
    Oh, god damnit.

I've only ordered 100 buttons - looks like I need to get more.

• HikariStarshineHikariStarshine Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    ......I *knew* I should've ordered 150... How do we get already-placed orders expanded, again, if we ordered from Pure Buttons?

• groovegroove Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I got my order in on thursday, so my buttons should be shipping very soon!

[E]
    axlky.jpg
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User
    edited August 2008
    Extra buttons in the process of ordering. Given that the turnaround time has gone down to 9-10 days, I am thinking I could get these in time. Here are the designs. I want to get them in 1.25 inch size.

Spoiler:

And this one.
    Spoiler:

I am willing to hand over an LHH Button for one of those. (Maybe both since you are super-hot like that. ...So I've heard BA state... *Shifty-eyes; avoiding a beat-down from BA for adding words in mouth*)

HOW DARE Y... Wait... well.... okay yeah, he is XD

k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • OfficerOfficer Registered User
    edited August 2008

Spoiler:

And this one.
    Spoiler:

Oh you... tee hee.

• CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Spoiler:

Oh you... tee hee.

Yes. Got away with that one...barely.

• waffleboi9waffleboi9 Registered User
    edited August 2008
    oy! I filled out yer form a few days ago. Take me offa "all talk" =D

• LTAcostaLTAcosta Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    waffleboi9 wrote: »
    oy! I filled out yer form a few days ago. Take me offa "all talk" =D

pics or it didnt happen :P

And as for needing more than 100... I'm not going to order anymore... As long as I get most of the irc people, and some of the early adopters, I will be happy :) Besides... there's not going to be many that I wont be able to get... and plus, this is assuming that everyone with designs with participate and not flake...

edited August 2008
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    And as for needing more than 100... I'm not going to order anymore... As long as I get most of the irc people, and some of the early adopters, I will be happy :) Besides... there's not going to be many that I wont be able to get... and plus, this is assuming that everyone with designs with participate and not flake...

...Why in the bullocks would we flake out??

• Brian4120Brian4120 Registered User
    edited August 2008

...Why in the bullocks would we flake out??

You never know...

I'M HALPING!
  • TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User
    edited August 2008
    For the sake of sanity in this thread, and to keep it down to less than 100 pages, I suggest we not post next year's button designs yet :(

They'll just get lost in the pruning that will happen before the boards explode next year.

edited August 2008
    For the sake of sanity in this thread, and to keep it down to less than 100 pages, I suggest we not post next year's button designs yet :(

They'll just get lost in the pruning that will happen before the boards explode next year.

It will more than likely hit 100 even without the posting of next year's stuff.

• LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Spoiler:

And this one.
    Spoiler:

So want!
    Don't read the next bit if you've not seen the last episode in the series that's just finished! Thanks, Snickers, forgot about the difference in time when you lot can watch it!
    Spoiler:

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    LPM, spoiler that! I'm fairly certain not everyone has seen that far! >.> I have, but still!

<@frellnik>; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Big GuyBig Guy Registered User
    edited August 2008
    yeah..that needs to be spoilered...I started to read that..then realized I haven't watched it yet, but plan to very soon...luckily I didn't read too much.

Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
    edited August 2008
    Yes, spoilered with a WARNING :P

• OfficerOfficer Registered User
    edited August 2008

Spoiler:

And this one.
    Spoiler:

So want!

GENUINE SPOILER, NOT THE KIND WE USE ALL THE TIME BUT A REAL ONE PERTAINING TO DOCTOR WHO!
    Spoiler:

Oh, totally, I forgot we have UK folks participating, I'm sure you've loved the Doctor longer than I have hehe :P.

BA got me watching a couple of years ago since she has been watching the show since she was 3 years old. Literally, 3. I will save one special for you, LPM.

• FallenEverdarkFallenEverdark Registered User
    edited August 2008
    I am "Invested" btw, they are paid for, order complete.

99385a13f2cb9_48x48.gif
  • mare_imbriummare_imbrium I'm fine, just tired. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I am not ordering more than 100. It was already $9 shipping for that bunch, and lots and lots of people only have 50 buttons so it is entirely possible I won't be able to get every button anyway. As long as I have traded most of my buttons, I'll be happy.

Spoiler:
  • TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User
    edited August 2008
    I thought long and hard (kekeke) over the weekend, and I think I'm going to stay with 50. Why? Because I don't know where I'm going to store 100 effing pins after PAX. I don't even know where I am putting 50... or what I'll actually DO with them.

Also, do I only get on the "Invested" list when I recieve my buttons? Cause I totally ordered them 2 days ago.

• RaymanRayman Registered User
    edited August 2008
    haha, yeah, those are one of my bonus buttons, so theres only going to be 25 of them, and I'm not sure the stipulations yet :P
    Ummm...since I am your dad and I DID pay for PAX, Pre PAX Dinner, Initial buttons for you, your sis and myself, and BYOC I think I may deserve one piddly bonus button....ha.
    r

I soooooo cant wait for PAX....gonna go into overload mode now....

• PetesalzlPetesalzl Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If you're willing to pay increased shipping, http://www.wackybuttons.com/turnaround.htm wackybuttons looks like it can still get buttons out in time. I'll probably end up using them.

It's still cheaper to use Purebuttons with a rush on the order than it is to use those guys... Purebuttons=Pure win

Oh, and look what came in today:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Im still waiting for the rest of them

both awesome, but i think i need a why so serious one.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    edited August 2008
    Rayman wrote: »
    haha, yeah, those are one of my bonus buttons, so theres only going to be 25 of them, and I'm not sure the stipulations yet :P
    Ummm...since I am your dad and I DID pay for PAX, Pre PAX Dinner, Initial buttons for you, your sis and myself, and BYOC I think I may deserve one piddly bonus button....ha.
    r

I soooooo cant wait for PAX....gonna go into overload mode now....

Yeah, of course you and savie are guaranteed one of each of the bonuses :P

• Rocket TacoRocket Taco Registered User
    edited August 2008
    Crap, I forgot to post my image. I need to get off the all talk list, if it's not too late, buttons were ordered 08-07-08.
    Spoiler:

• parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I so hope I get that button.

• RaymanRayman Registered User
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, of course you and savie are guaranteed one of each of the bonuses :P
    It so pays to have connections...ha.

r

• LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
  • WhytmageWhytmage Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Zephyril received his buttons Red Halo. He is in contact woith them to try and get them fixed, but if they won't, some of them are off center, which makes them rare, which makes them VALUABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right?

:!!: Current Addiction: World of Warcraft
    Spoiler:
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Misprint Zephyril buttons? Aye, if it's anything like baseball cards or coins they're probably worth 100 times their original value! Score! =)

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Brian4120Brian4120 Registered User
    edited August 2008
    Misprint Zephyril buttons? Aye, if it's anything like baseball cards or coins they're probably worth 100 times their original value! Score! =)

Rare buttons are rare.

GET THEM

I'M HALPING!
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    [Shenmue Ryo Impersonation]
    Maybe I should get... ANOTHER....
    [/Shenmue Ryo Impersonation]

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    edited August 2008
    So, to re-cap whats been said before. As we keep having to do :P

INVESTED is ONLY for people who have RECEIVED BUTTONS

HAVE DESIGN is for people who have come up with a design, but not necessarily ordered buttons.

• redhaloredhalo Registered User
    edited August 2008
    Snickers wrote: »
    So, to re-cap whats been said before. As we keep having to do :P

INVESTED is ONLY for people who have RECEIVED BUTTONS

HAVE DESIGN is for people who have come up with a design, but not necessarily ordered buttons.

To expound upon that, because I keep getting asked, If you have a design, for god sake post it. Just because you ordered them and added yourself to the google doc list you don't automatically get moved to the invested list, you need to post a picture. We are not looking for people to tell us how much they are participating, we are looking for people to show us. It's what brings us socially together.

edited August 2008
    To help us all to find eachother...aside from the Pre-PAX-Fill-In-The-Blank stuff (for some of us have a 99.9% chance of not even getting to the Pre-Breakfast, let alone everything on Thursday evening.) and from running into eachother and the Post-Meet-Up-In-Sheraton. Here is this.
    Kyouteki wrote: »
    And you're in luck! I have a new-and-improved version this year! I should be done with inputting the schedule today and it'll be up at the latest by tomorrow! Keep an eye on www.paxscheduler.com.

...I am done with my own for Friday and most of Saturday and a little for Sunday...so I will stick with my own design. But either way! I think it will help us all.

edited August 2008
    To help us all to find eachother...aside from the Pre-PAX-Fill-In-The-Blank stuff (for some of us have a 99.9% chance of not even getting to the Pre-Breakfast, let alone everything on Thursday evening.) and from running into eachother and the Post-Meet-Up-In-Sheraton. Here is this.
    And you're in luck! I have a new-and-improved version this year! I should be done with inputting the schedule today and it'll be up at the latest by tomorrow! Keep an eye on www.paxscheduler.com.

...I am done with my own for Friday and most of Saturday and a little for Sunday...so I will stick with my own design. But either way! I think it will help us all.

Am I missing something??? ...because nothing is there

edited August 2008

Give it time, Dearie. He's working on it. He posted that like...6 hours ago???

edited August 2008

oh okay lol... just they way you said it made it sound like you were already using it :P

edited August 2008

oh okay lol... just they way you said it made it sound like you were already using it :P

Look at the bolded-underlined word.

...Or! In a different way of saying it. The "Lyea's-Ghettofied Design"

• LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh, totally, I forgot we have UK folks participating, I'm sure you've loved the Doctor longer than I have hehe :P.

BA got me watching a couple of years ago since she has been watching the show since she was 3 years old. Literally, 3. I will save one special for you, LPM.

Fixt. Really sorry, folks. I'm so used to you seeing programmes before we do...
    And yes, I've seen Dr Who since the beginning, i still hide behind a cushion when the Daleks are on, and I'm dreading the cybermen coming back at Christmas - they killed Adric on my birthday!

Thank you officer!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
This discussion has been closed.