Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PAX 2008 Button Exchange! I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.

redhaloredhalo Registered User
edited October 2008 in PAX Archive
Wow this has been crazy. Thank you all for participating and enjoying yourselves, without everyone's support this would have never taken off like it did. More directly I'd like to thank the assistance of Pure Buttons, lordthanda, Moe Fwacky, jonxp, Big Red, the rest of the excellent Enforcers, whoever the hell actually built the case, Recruit, and the Sheraton Security, We've learned a lot this year on how to better organize this for the next coming PAX, and I hope to see everyone playing again. I have several special ideas floating in my head that I'm going to work on during the next year.

imgp3879.jpg
2819035861_0557b5daf7.jpg
imgp3875.jpg
2818924564_c14ff048c1.jpg

Original OP
Spoiler:

redhalo on

• parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Psychoish wrote: »
    Mine will be one of the rarer ones too. I guess I could try to order 50 more, but... D:

Yeah i'm probably only going to get 49 other buttons :(

• PsychoishPsychoish Registered User
    edited August 2008
    parabola wrote: »
    Mine will be one of the rarer ones too. I guess I could try to order 50 more, but... D:

Same, and only 49 other people have a chance to get them from me... so that makes it hard for the people that want all of them ;_;

YOU GUYS ARE MAKING ME FEEL GUILTY! NOW I'M TEMPTED TO BUY MORE! ;_;

• CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    parabola wrote: »

Same, and only 49 other people have a chance to get them from me... so that makes it hard for the people that want all of them ;_;

YOU GUYS ARE MAKING ME FEEL GUILTY! NOW I'M TEMPTED TO BUY MORE! ;_;

As mentioned in the last few pages or so in the other thread, once the List is completed; highlight or emphasize the buttons you want more and set those aside.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    When I saw the Original Thread locked I was all like "NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" And yes, I did the epic fists-shaking-in-the-air thing too. But then I saw the link to this thread, I was all "Oh! Okie!"

And, since I failed to mention this really early this morning, don't worry Costa, you, Strangemusic, and of course Lyanth herself are all on my special LHH list.

Also. Just now realised that I had Soups name and stuff so I'm gonna fill out the form for him. If he is repeated on there, Thanda, my bad.

Yay, Im special :D Oh and you can call me Lennon... or LT

• TransparentTransparent Registered User
    edited August 2008
    I totally procrastinated on getting my buttons, I didn't order any. But I think I'll try staples or something, I do want to get in on this.

PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    When I saw the Original Thread locked I was all like "NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" And yes, I did the epic fists-shaking-in-the-air thing too. But then I saw the link to this thread, I was all "Oh! Okie!"

And, since I failed to mention this really early this morning, don't worry Costa, you, Strangemusic, and of course Lyanth herself are all on my special LHH list.

Also. Just now realised that I had Soups name and stuff so I'm gonna fill out the form for him. If he is repeated on there, Thanda, my bad.

...I dubbed you Costa, already, though! >.<!! :x ...Fine...

• HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Looks like I'm out, since I didn't order my pins in time. I had a working on the photo I had. But didn't send it to me until today. I was looking forword to this, but shit happens.

• Solid_SteveSolid_Steve Registered User
    edited August 2008

...I dubbed you Costa, already, though! >.<!! :x ...Fine...

As long as we're stating names, my name is Faustus, and you are free to refer to me as such.
    Highfire wrote: »
    Looks like I'm out, since I didn't order my pins in time. I had a working on the photo I had. But didn't send it to me until today. I was looking forword to this, but shit happens.

I think moe said that in the spirit of spiritedness or something he'd extended the registration to the tenth. Also, depending on where you live, you may still be able to get the buttons in time. I live in the Seattle area, and I got mine in just under ten days, no rush shipping or anything.

Along the shore the cloud waves break,
    The twin suns sink beneath the lake,
    The shadows lengthen
    In Carcosa.
  • Teh Madd HatterTeh Madd Hatter Registered User
    edited August 2008
    So I apologize for the lack of an update, I have received my buttons, as stated by Steve. Unfortunately I do not have access to a digital camera at the moment and thus am unable to upload a pic of the blighters.

• TransparentTransparent Registered User
    edited August 2008
    If you're willing to pay increased shipping, http://www.wackybuttons.com/turnaround.htm wackybuttons looks like it can still get buttons out in time. I'll probably end up using them.

PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
    edited August 2008
    ...I believe someone mentioned that they are already planning images for next year's Exchange, if we are doing it??

...Blame American Gothic for my obsession over this man...
    Spoiler:

edited August 2008
    If you're willing to pay increased shipping, http://www.wackybuttons.com/turnaround.htm wackybuttons looks like it can still get buttons out in time. I'll probably end up using them.

It's still cheaper to use Purebuttons with a rush on the order than it is to use those guys... Purebuttons=Pure win

Oh, and look what came in today:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Im still waiting for the rest of them

• MoonrushMoonrush Registered User
    edited August 2008
    I never bothered to take a photo of the buttons, but I have about a hundred to pass around... Odd though somthing like 96. Purebuttons must have kept a few to admire their awesomeness... I seriously wonder if they do keep a few to look at now and again, especially with everybodys awesome pins.

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    all three of my orders in production :3

• ninjownedninjowned Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    ...I believe someone mentioned that they are already planning images for next year's Exchange, if we are doing it??

...Blame American Gothic for my obsession over this man...
    Spoiler:

In the other thread I asked if anyone was planning for next year already :D

I hope we do it again! I didn't get to make my pin this year because of time constraints so I had a buddy help me out.

ninjowned!
  • DStalefishDStalefish Registered User
    edited August 2008
    Spoiler:

I'm coming to you first.

[E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
    edited August 2008
    DStalefish wrote: »
    Spoiler:

I'm coming to you first.

haha, yeah, those are one of my bonus buttons, so theres only going to be 25 of them, and I'm not sure the stipulations yet :P

• OfficerOfficer Registered User
    edited August 2008
    Extra buttons in the process of ordering. Given that the turnaround time has gone down to 9-10 days, I am thinking I could get these in time. Here are the designs. I want to get them in 1.25 inch size.

Both of them are Doctor Who-ish.
    Spoiler:

And this one.
    Spoiler:

• SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Officer wrote: »
    Extra buttons in the process of ordering. Given that the turnaround time has gone down to 9-10 days, I am thinking I could get these in time. Here are the designs. I want to get them in 1.25 inch size.

Spoiler:

And this one.
    Spoiler:

I'll gladly trade you a limited edition GGI button, for the Ring of Who's! I also rather like the Dalek one. I want them both!

<@frellnik>; and suddenly, Snickers
    edited August 2008
    Snickers wrote: »

Spoiler:

And this one.
    Spoiler:

I'll gladly trade you a limited edition GGI button, for the Ring of Who's! I also rather like the Dalek one. I want them both!

Well, I will be doing both question and answer style stuff for either and also totally willing to trade as well!

edited August 2008

Spoiler:

And this one.
    Spoiler:

*Keels. Dies. WANTS BOTH*

I am willing to hand over an LHH Button for one of those. (Maybe both since you are super-hot like that. ...So I've heard BA state... *Shifty-eyes; avoiding a beat-down from BA for adding words in mouth*)

• SableSable Registered User
    edited August 2008
    Oh, god damnit.

I've only ordered 100 buttons - looks like I need to get more.

• HikariStarshineHikariStarshine Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    ......I *knew* I should've ordered 150... How do we get already-placed orders expanded, again, if we ordered from Pure Buttons?

• groovegroove Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I got my order in on thursday, so my buttons should be shipping very soon!

[E]
    axlky.jpg
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User
    edited August 2008

Spoiler:

And this one.
    Spoiler:

I am willing to hand over an LHH Button for one of those. (Maybe both since you are super-hot like that. ...So I've heard BA state... *Shifty-eyes; avoiding a beat-down from BA for adding words in mouth*)

HOW DARE Y... Wait... well.... okay yeah, he is XD

k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
    edited August 2008

Spoiler:

And this one.
    Spoiler:

Oh you... tee hee.

edited August 2008
    Spoiler:

Oh you... tee hee.

Yes. Got away with that one...barely.

• waffleboi9waffleboi9 Registered User
    edited August 2008
    oy! I filled out yer form a few days ago. Take me offa "all talk" =D

edited August 2008
    waffleboi9 wrote: »
    oy! I filled out yer form a few days ago. Take me offa "all talk" =D

pics or it didnt happen :P

And as for needing more than 100... I'm not going to order anymore... As long as I get most of the irc people, and some of the early adopters, I will be happy :) Besides... there's not going to be many that I wont be able to get... and plus, this is assuming that everyone with designs with participate and not flake...

edited August 2008
    And as for needing more than 100... I'm not going to order anymore... As long as I get most of the irc people, and some of the early adopters, I will be happy :) Besides... there's not going to be many that I wont be able to get... and plus, this is assuming that everyone with designs with participate and not flake...

...Why in the bullocks would we flake out??

• Brian4120Brian4120 Registered User
    edited August 2008

...Why in the bullocks would we flake out??

You never know...

I'M HALPING!
  • TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User
    edited August 2008
    For the sake of sanity in this thread, and to keep it down to less than 100 pages, I suggest we not post next year's button designs yet :(

They'll just get lost in the pruning that will happen before the boards explode next year.

edited August 2008
    For the sake of sanity in this thread, and to keep it down to less than 100 pages, I suggest we not post next year's button designs yet :(

They'll just get lost in the pruning that will happen before the boards explode next year.

It will more than likely hit 100 even without the posting of next year's stuff.

• LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Spoiler:

And this one.
    Spoiler:

So want!
    Don't read the next bit if you've not seen the last episode in the series that's just finished! Thanks, Snickers, forgot about the difference in time when you lot can watch it!
    Spoiler:

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
    edited August 2008
    LPM, spoiler that! I'm fairly certain not everyone has seen that far! >.> I have, but still!

• Big GuyBig Guy Registered User
    edited August 2008
    yeah..that needs to be spoilered...I started to read that..then realized I haven't watched it yet, but plan to very soon...luckily I didn't read too much.

Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
    edited August 2008
    Yes, spoilered with a WARNING :P

edited August 2008

Spoiler:

And this one.
    Spoiler:

So want!

GENUINE SPOILER, NOT THE KIND WE USE ALL THE TIME BUT A REAL ONE PERTAINING TO DOCTOR WHO!
    Spoiler:

Oh, totally, I forgot we have UK folks participating, I'm sure you've loved the Doctor longer than I have hehe :P.

BA got me watching a couple of years ago since she has been watching the show since she was 3 years old. Literally, 3. I will save one special for you, LPM.

• FallenEverdarkFallenEverdark Registered User
    edited August 2008
    I am "Invested" btw, they are paid for, order complete.

99385a13f2cb9_48x48.gif
  • mare_imbriummare_imbrium I'm fine, just tired. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I am not ordering more than 100. It was already $9 shipping for that bunch, and lots and lots of people only have 50 buttons so it is entirely possible I won't be able to get every button anyway. As long as I have traded most of my buttons, I'll be happy.

Spoiler:
This discussion has been closed.