As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

THE PAX 2008 Schedule

• ninjownedninjowned Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I saw the GW panel and I haven't even looked at what it conflicts with as I know I'm going to it :D

Original October Beta & first CE ftw!

ninjowned on
    ninjowned!
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Mustin wrote: »

I mean, not that I don't think she is somewhat attractive but... really? I love Dr. Horrible, and I think the Guild is funny, but it's not like Summer Glau or something...

Why you gotta be negative, nancy?

It's Felicia Day.

She has red hair.

RED hair.

Summer Glau won't be at PAX!

STAY ON TARGET!!

I'm not trying to be negative. I'm just trying to figure out why she is the fanboy flavor of the month. I think she's cute, and talented. I see your point though. One of them is at PAX.

I found The Guild (www.watchtheguild.com) funny, irreverent, creative, and witty. I want to go to the viewing because I enjoyed the series immensely, am impressed by Felicia's acting, writing, and producing talents, and all around find her to be a very nice person. I'm totes okay missing The OneUps to possibly chat with her in person - I talked to the OneUps last year =P.

Pax Scheduling is about choices and sacrifices. Not everyone's interests are the same, and there's no need to denigrate other people's event and panel preferences because they don't match your own or b/c you don't understand or agree with them.

And at the risk of turning this into a classic Chicks at PAX thread...

I find the idea of boiling down the brilliance, intelligence, humor and popularity of The Guild to Felicia Day's looks (i.e. the idea that the reason people want to go to the viewing is because she's hawt or whatever) insulting at best and offesive at worst. It would be a non-issue if the creator were male.

It just comes back to that age old tired stereotype that females aren't interested in gaming or technology, and certainly not *attractive* females; that they're so omg!!!!?1111!! rare that they must immediately be objectified for their looks while their talent is devalued (aka becoming and/or being referred to as the "fanboy flavor of the month").

It's okay if you don't think you're doing any of those things (Stereotyping, objectifying, devaluing someone) - and I'm not saying everyone is. Just be aware of how what you say might come across to other people.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    So I finished figuring out my schedule for PAX. If anybody's interested, I embedded my google calendar into a blog post on my blog. Check it out, should you feel so inclined.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Grooveman23Grooveman23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I was watching the Super-Trip widgit thing that you had. All those miles... I would sooner fly than spend the possibly 600+ dollars it would take to get across the countries.

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All hail the Hypno-Spode!
    edited August 2008
    What? (we have a widget?)

It costs the same for one car as an average plane flight. Only, there's multiple people in each car. Making the trip cost a fraction of a plane flight. I don't know where you get your numbers, but you should double check them.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Grooveman23Grooveman23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i get my numbers from the wacked-up left side of my brain.

Dont listen to me.

ever.

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All hail the Hypno-Spode!
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, I'll keep that in mind.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I expect some epic Disgaea/FFT battling mayhem during those Open PSP sessions.

Too bad it doesn't get its own block. But Ouendan is good enough. I guess I should bring both 1 & 2 and EBA.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • KyoutekiKyouteki Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It's here! PAXscheduler 1.0!

Features:
    * Select only which events you want to go to, and PAXscheduler creates a custom schedule customized to you.
    * Conflict detection, so you know when you need to make the hardest of decisions... whether you should to go to the screening of The Guild or the Saturday Night Concerts.
    * Theatre Cross-Reference, so you can see what is playing in a certain theatre next

http://paxscheduler.com

Also, Buttoneers, watch out for the limited-edition (read: I didn't have the foresight to order more than 50) PAXscheduler.com buttons!

Kyouteki on
  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Kyouteki wrote: »

Features:
    * Select only which events you want to go to, and PAXscheduler creates a custom schedule customized to you.
    * Conflict detection, so you know when you need to make the hardest of decisions... whether you should to go to the screening of The Guild or the Saturday Night Concerts.
    * Theatre Cross-Reference, so you can see what is playing in a certain theatre next

Also, Buttoneers, watch out for the limited-edition (read: I didn't have the foresight to order more than 50) PAXscheduler.com buttons!

Hell YES.

Thank you, I owe you.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Features:

Deserves a new (sticked) thread.

TrainwreckX on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Features:

Any chance of getting non-official stuff added?

redhalo on
    edited August 2008
    redhalo wrote: »

Features:

Any chance of getting non-official stuff added?

I don't think so, not this year. Something I'm planning for a future revision is a community mode, where anyone can add their own unofficial events, kind of like a Wiki-scheduler.

Kyouteki on
    edited August 2008

Features:

I thought so, TPTB disagreed...

Kyouteki on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

Features:

You missed the Friday night Walrus Theatre TBD time block. Some of us are thinking it might be a live show of
    the Totally Rad Show.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
    edited August 2008
    mentok1982 wrote: »

Features:

You missed the Friday night Walrus Theatre TBD time block. Some of us are thinking it might be a live show of
    the Totally Rad Show.

Fixed. Thanks!

Kyouteki on
    edited August 2008
    Also, it's a small update, but I've changed conflicts to show up in red instead of white so they're more noticable.

Kyouteki on
  • PucSpifoPucSpifo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Also, it's a small update, but I've changed conflicts to show up in red instead of white so they're more noticable.

You might also want to add the Tabletop schedule in there. We're gamers too damnit!

PucSpifo on
    signature.png
  • QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hooray! A chance for me to see Nerdcore Rising, and it doesn't look like it conflicts with other stuff I need. Except for art of DMing...which sounds pretty cool, actually. Everyone else should go to that.

QuizMaster on
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    QuizMaster wrote: »
    Hooray! A chance for me to see Nerdcore Rising, and it doesn't look like it conflicts with other stuff I need. Except for art of DMing...which sounds pretty cool, actually. Everyone else should go to that.

And the Mega64 screening...

parabola on
  • NefariousJoeNefariousJoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Features:

Oh awesome. You did a bunch of work that I needed to do for myself. Thanks, come the day of, my job is actually going to be a good deal easier. Thank you.

NefariousJoe on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I got a reply from Mr. Jeff Cannata about what the Totally Rad Show will be doing at PAX. Here it is:
    Jeff wrote:
    Hi Steve,

Well, we would have loved to do a live show from PAX, but we thought it was just a bit too close to Comicon for that. We're just going to shoot some segments and experience the con.

Thanks for the support,
    -Jeff/TRS

mentok1982 on
  • MR.TMR.T Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Uh. Has anyone else noticed that the main PAX page is way behind on the schedule? *nudges Khoo* :P

MR.T on
  • TheWorldofBellaSaraTheWorldofBellaSara Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    parabola wrote: »

Whats Mega64? For those of you who haven't seen Nerdcore Rising , I'd make an effort to see it. I saw it at deadCENTER in OKC and it was great. I met the director and her friends and they were awesomely fun people too. I feel like I'm plugging here but really, its just a great little movie and I wanted to share :)

TheWorldofBellaSara on
    edited August 2008
    MR.T wrote: »
    Uh. Has anyone else noticed that the main PAX page is way behind on the schedule? *nudges Khoo* :P

Where are the panel and event descriptions you slack jawed junk sluts!
    I want to know what to expect from some of these things.

mentok1982 on
  • MR.TMR.T Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ah, more details! The main PAX page has the schedule and fancy descriptions of all the events! Things are starting to come together. Rapture! :)

MR.T on
    edited August 2008
    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• starlitestarlite Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    parabola wrote: »

Whats Mega64? For those of you who haven't seen Nerdcore Rising , I'd make an effort to see it. I saw it at deadCENTER in OKC and it was great. I met the director and her friends and they were awesomely fun people too. I feel like I'm plugging here but really, its just a great little movie and I wanted to share :)

What is mega64? It is hilarious and is at the top of my list for PAX.

http://www.mega64.com/

I love the RE4 one, cracks me up every time.

starlite on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Mega64 is the reason the internet was invented

I'm skipping the Fallout 3 panel (my most anticipated game of the decade) to see their panel and screening

its that good

The_Reflection on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    How can they schedule THQ Presents: Dawn of War II and the second round of the Omegathon at the same time?

HOW CAN THEY DO THAT?!

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Arco wrote: »
    How can they schedule THQ Presents: Dawn of War II and the second round of the Omegathon at the same time?

HOW CAN THEY DO THAT?!

Becasue you touch yourself at night.

:P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • KedriKedri Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    No mention of Will Wright in the Spore Panel...pretty safe to say he's not gonna be there, then?

These descriptions are seriously altering my schedule idea. Some things look so cool!

Kedri on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yay for the descriptions!

...And everything conflicts with everything for me. Gar.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Welcome to PAX and every other convention I've ever been to! At least it's not GDC, where there are like 500 panels in 4 days.

TrainwreckX on
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Raven Theatre
    Bethesda Presents: Post-Apocalyptic Movie Night
    The PAX Forums picked the double-feature, now sit back
    and enjoy these classic visions of destruction.

So what were the movies picked?

parabola on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

Welcome to PAX and every other convention I've ever been to! At least it's not GDC, where there are like 500 panels in 4 days.

Oh. I know. Just that sometimes there was a silver-lining...but it's slim to none.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    mentok1982 wrote: »

Features:

the Totally Rad Show.

Fixed. Thanks!

http://www.pennyarcadeexpo.com/PAX_2008_Descriptions.pdf

Shows the 10:30 - 12:30 am Friday being The Gamers: Dorkness Rising screening, and then 12:30 to 3am being freeplay.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    edited August 2008
    I'll be adding the tabletop schedule and the descriptions to paxscheduler.com tonight.

Kyouteki on
  • Darkknight2255Darkknight2255 Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    I cant seem to find on the schedule of when Rooster Teeth will have their panel. Does anyone know what day and when it will be?

Darkknight2255 on
    edited August 2008
    Friday, 6:30-7:30pm in the Main Theater

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.