As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WHO YOU GONNA CALL?!

1234568»

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Also do we know if anyone besides the Ghostbusters are reprising their film roles for the video game? I thought I saw Walter Peck.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    William Atherton will indeed be reprising his role as Walter Peck, along with Annie Potts as the sexy red headed secretary. Sadly Rick Morranis will not reprise his role as he died earlier this year, or believes that Canadian banks won't honor the bucket loads of American green notes he was most assuredly offered. I'm not sure which.

It's not like it's an artistic integrity thing.
    51YFADDFAFL_SL500_AA280_.jpg

Cristoval on
  • Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    he's obviously holding out for honey i shrunk the kids 4

Snork on
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Little Giants was a masterpiece of cinematic theater!

Rinder on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Man I wonder what kind of sweet special edition they are going to do for this.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    should come with a bag of marshmallows and a cleverly disguised blowdrier

for novelty s'mores crafted from the flesh of your enemy

Snork on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    When I was like... hrmm, let's say the age of 10, I got this awesome plastic Ghostbusters gun and backpack set from my aunties garage sale. It shot little yellow Nerf balls and was excellent. I eyed it up every time we went to visit and upon seeing it sitting alongside moderately priced stuffed animals (also bought a penguin) I nearly shit a two bricks.

Our house was behind a small strip mall and A&W, so there was a large parking lot space for myself to play in. Within said parking lot there was also a rusting abandoned 50's style ambulance as well, so obviously this was the most ideal way to spend my weekend afternoons, making "pew pew" noises and pretending to be Egon as we shared the same form of jam jar eyeglasses. There was broken glass and hypodermic needles in this parking lot as well, but eff that ess, I was too hardcore with my Ghostbusting to give a care. My mom would not mess.

One day I wrote down a word on a small piece of torn paper and inserted into my friends mailbox who lived on the opposite end of the mini-mall. For weeks I pestered her into checking her mail, gleefully walking around the topic of what she would find, coaxing her only with "it will be awesome", or whatever the lingo of the times where.

When the day finally came where she would reach down into the metal box, what dark secret would she find scrawled across that paper?

"Ghostbusters"

Cristoval on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I looked at the trailer closely and it looks like in some scenes there is a fifth Ghostbuster.

I bet the parts from the previous films will be like tutorial sections and then we play as the new character for the majority of the game.

Oh my god what if there is character customization so we can make the fifth Ghostbuster look like ourselves? PLEASE LET THIS BE SO.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    you solely play as the new guy, dp

you are a rookie and they test all the crazy equipment on you by making you go in first and use it.

basically, they use you as a guinea pig

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Judging by how generic and bald the "main" character looks in the game screenshots, I believe that character customization is a go!

It would be excellent if he/she were voiced by a actor on equal comedic ground as the original cast. Then again, Atari don't got much money to pay for that... this is almost like their last hurrah.

Cristoval on
  • Options
    QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    DOGS AND CATS

QuestionMarkMan on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Was that Bill Murry as Venkman? because it sounded an awful lot like the Garfield voice actor who did him in the cartoon show. Then again its hard to tell from 1 line.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    All the original actors are reprising their roles. Even if it was the cartoon cast, Lorenzo Music, the original voice of Peter Venkmen on TRG and the Garfield animated series was replaced by Dave Couiler in later seasons, and he's also dead. :(

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    All the original actors are reprising their roles. Even if it was the cartoon cast, Lorenzo Music, the original voice of Peter Venkmen on TRG and the Garfield animated series was replaced by Dave Couiler in later seasons, and he's also dead. :(

The way I read this post led me to believe that Uncle Joey was dead.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    They haven't confirmed a player customization ability yet - but the fans are surely calling for it so I wish it would happen.

I really hope this game does well - like a million times well, like super awesome this is the greatest game of the quarter well.

Also, I like the new Proton Packs. And I think it fits 100% that Egon more or less bolted a miniature slime blower on to the normal Proton Pack and called it a day.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The sound mixing for the voicework didn't sound that great in the video, hope it gets better

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    Frank BrakFrank Brak Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I hope to god this is cut scene heavy.

Frank Brak on
    "hold the phone. now give the phone to me."
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    After watching (and downloading) the new trailer I am so goddamn excited you guys you have no idea!

Proton Charging dot com has info on the game and some bits about the DS game as well. Apparently the DS version will be like a lite version of X-COM inter-spaced with driving bits in which the theme song plays.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    oh dang turn based ghostbusters would be tits.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Ray: [sees Stay Puft Marshmallow Man] This time I swear it wasn't me.

classic

Bedlam wrote: »
    oh dang turn based ghostbusters would be tits.

Unfortunately:
    IGN wrote:
    Its developers like to describe it as “X-COM light.” If you haven’t played X-COM, it’s a classic, tactical PC game that splits its time between managing bases/personell and isometric combat. A big difference, though, is that action unfolds in real-time in Ghostbusters, whereas it was turn-based in X-COM.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    You know what would be amazing? Online co-operative play a-la Left 4 Dead where 4 players are the ghostbusters and have to get from point A to B to C hunting ghosts while 4 other players take control of various classes of spook to slow them down.

Y'know... just throwin that out there.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    There a couple bits on the trailer with Peter, Ray and Egon, but a fourth, rather plain-looking white guy instead of Winston. There's one shot with Peter, Ray, Egon, and Winston along with a fifth guy in Ghostbusters overalls.

The new guy looks a bit generic, which has me leaning toward the "customizable" side. They always go with a bland example when they have a customizable character. If it is a real character, I hope the rest of it isn't as bland as the design.

laughingfuzzball on
  • Options
    LynxLynx Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    There a couple bits on the trailer with Peter, Ray and Egon, but a fourth, rather plain-looking white guy instead of Winston. There's one shot with Peter, Ray, Egon, and Winston along with a fifth guy in Ghostbusters overalls.

The new guy looks a bit generic, which has me leaning toward the "customizable" side. They always go with a bland example when they have a customizable character. If it is a real character, I hope the rest of it isn't as bland as the design.

The fifth ghostbuster was based around one of the producers of the game. At the time (Which was like July, I think), he wasn't customizable. He was just generic producer dude. However, since the game's been delayed for so long, maybe they'll change it.
    You know what would be amazing? Online co-operative play a-la Left 4 Dead where 4 players are the ghostbusters and have to get from point A to B to C hunting ghosts while 4 other players take control of various classes of spook to slow them down.

Supposedly, that's exactly what multiplayer is. The four original GBs versus four spooks. The story mode, however, is not co-op. They specifically created the fifth ghostbuster so that the other four could banter and keep the story flowing.

Lynx on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I thought I remembered them saying that the new character is customizable.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I thought I remembered them saying that the new character is customizable.

Who's "them"?

It's always possible "they" were just talking out their ass.

Usually if they were adding a new character to a franchise like this, they'd be all "WHOAH NEW CHARACTER!", or at least not make him blend in so well. That's more wishful thinking than anything, though.

laughingfuzzball on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I read it somewhere. Don't take my word for it, which is why I'm not saying it's fact. I just thought I read something, somewhere about the character being customizeable.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I wa s playing Mass Effect the other day and if you have black-backed armor and are wearing all the special Spectre weapons, if you squint it looks like you're wearing a proton pack.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I see what they did there. Nice info, Primus.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    New video of the Ghostbusters game for the Wii

Looks fun.

Same plotline as the 360 and PS3 versions but super-cartoony style instead of movie-realistic style.

I think I'm going to stick with the 360 version but it's fun to see what the simplified game is going to play like.

TankHammer on