As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Burnout Paradise: Let's race the fuck outta this city

• sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »
    spono wrote: »
    Faricazy wrote: »
    i hate you both

SPONO

SPONO I OWN PGR4

SPONO

holy shit what

I have three other friends that play it

I had no idea there were others
    add me and we will play sometime

i probably suck now

we could play that openworld mode!

will do

I'm pretty terrible so far, probably because I've only had it for a week

all I've driven is a lancia and a bunch of class-A supercars

spono on
    640qocnq4ske.gif
  • FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    man hell yeah

my 360 is in my big shipment of stuff that'll hopefully be here friday, but after that I'm gonna be trying to get my class A already (I have been savoring the process)

You know, I think we should get both 360's running at the same house.

well certainly until they release the party pack, that's probably wise

I call forever dibs on the projector

Party Pack is on the 5th.

Legendary Cars will be released NOT FUCKING SOON ENOUGH, I ASSURE YOU.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Is this game cheap yet? I want to play with you lot and make cars kerplode. Going to mail my broken assbox out tomorrow I guess

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I don't know the price in stores, but on Goozex it's only 300 points, which is pretty cheapo

Moriveth on
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    fram, do you know how the legendary cars will be acquired? is it just gonna be seeing them around town like usual? because listen I need a delorean

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Stale wrote: »
    I waaaaant my xbox to woooooork

want me to ship you one of mine?
    um what?

I... I guess so?

Why is this making me so nervous?

ignore the blood and bits of torn cloth

and the giant "Property of EAHQ" stickers

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    fram, do you know how the legendary cars will be acquired? is it just gonna be seeing them around town like usual? because listen I need a delorean

I figured you'd pay for them and then you'd get to drive them.

Moriveth on
    edited January 2009
    Rank, there is only one way to properly pay back Stale.

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    Futore wrote: »
    yeah but it is getting to the point where I don't think I'd ever get the taste of cock out of my mouth, as much head as I owe him

uh, stale, if you're willing to loan me one for a month or so, yeah, that'd be balls rad

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited January 2009
    What happened to your 360, Rank?

Also, how ya doing?

Moriveth on
    edited January 2009
    I didn't even have to blow him! Just had to take comprimising photos of myself that I would pretty much only trust him with!

edit: I will probably have to blow him in the future. that sentence doesn't get an exclamation point.

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    I'm doing great, mori

my 360 freaked out and decided to not output video, only audio, and it's out of warranty so it's gunna cost me a hundred bones I don't have right now to get it fixed

it's a pain

but our tax return should be coming back soon, and it is gunna be large (fuck yes, being married pays bennies!) so we're looking to get a cheap 32" flatscreen or something as well as paying down our debt. If it works on HD (it's a long story, but it might) we're good to go, if not, we'll send it in to get it fixed.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »

that seems too easy

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

That's as far as I know, yeah.

You can approximate a delorean with a platinum-finish P12, assuming you have 100% completion.

Like I do.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
    edited January 2009
    I didn't even have to blow him! Just had to take comprimising photos of myself that I would pretty much only trust him with!

edit: I will probably have to blow him in the future. that sentence doesn't get an exclamation point.
    you don't understand

me and stale, we're long past the point of getting even with a couple nard shots

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh fuck yeah taxes, I completely forgot about that shit. Maybe I'll just take all of my return directly to the tattoo parlor.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    yeah but it is getting to the point where I don't think I'd ever get the taste of cock out of my mouth, as much head as I owe him

uh, stale, if you're willing to loan me one for a month or so, yeah, that'd be balls rad

let me see what I can do

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
    edited January 2009
    fram how far through the game are you

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
    edited January 2009
    Oh fuck yeah taxes, I completely forgot about that shit. Maybe I'll just take all of my return directly to the tattoo parlor.
    we're still waiting on a couple of lindsay's smaller W2s to come in from some jobs she worked for a little cash, but by my initial estimate last night we might get back a couple grand

that's fucking crazy crazy

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited January 2009
    I'm doing great, mori

my 360 freaked out and decided to not output video, only audio, and it's out of warranty so it's gunna cost me a hundred bones I don't have right now to get it fixed

it's a pain

but our tax return should be coming back soon, and it is gunna be large (fuck yes, being married pays bennies!) so we're looking to get a cheap 32" flatscreen or something as well as paying down our debt. If it works on HD (it's a long story, but it might) we're good to go, if not, we'll send it in to get it fixed.

That's cool, man.

I am thankfully getting a decent bit of unemployment. I'm glad that they base unemployment off your highest earnings in a given quarter, because last year I worked an extra day for two months which meant I made around $8500 that quarter instead of the normal $6000 or so.

It's kind of funny, though - with me unemployed and Rachel working illegally, we're actually making more money than we did when I was legally working.

I'm hoping to get a big tax return as well, woo.

Moriveth on
    edited January 2009

WaM are you secretly a sister of mine or something, cause I was gonna say that

Moriveth on
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited January 2009
    Dibs!

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
    edited January 2009

WaM are you secretly a sister of mine or something, cause I was gonna say that

dude I wish

you're way more fun than my real brother

edit: ahahahahahahahaha

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
    edited January 2009
    Man, now Bogey's got dibs on my real sister and my internet sister.

Moriveth on
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    we're still waiting on a couple of lindsay's smaller W2s to come in from some jobs she worked for a little cash, but by my initial estimate last night we might get back a couple grand

I usually float right around a grand, but being married totally doubled that. The only thing that's better than that is being a single parent. A friend of mine used to get like over 4 grand every god damn year.

Captain Cthulhu on
    edited January 2009
    So I'm getting Stranglehold, Quake 4, Prey, and Lost Planet from Goozex.

I know they're all pretty mediocre games but I'm just doing it for the achievements.

Moriveth on
    edited January 2009

I usually float right around a grand, but being married totally doubled that. The only thing that's better than that is being a single parent. A friend of mine used to get like over 4 grand every god damn year.
    oh man, some day

gotta get me one of them little cash cow kids I can give experimental tattoos to and shit

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Take me down to that Paragon city where the trolls are green and the heroines are Preeetaaay

Gonna be on cod'ing about, but if some dudes play just invite this guy right here

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Prey is great

spono on
    640qocnq4ske.gif
    edited January 2009
    I mean at least I'll be playing the games

as tempting as it is, I'd never rent anything like, say, Avatar and get an easy 1k gamerpoints. It's just so cheesy.

Moriveth on
    edited January 2009
    yeah there are some games I am just too cool to be seen with in my game list

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited January 2009

as tempting as it is, I'd never rent anything like, say, Avatar and get an easy 1k gamerpoints. It's just so cheesy.
    I did that for one game. One!

TMNT.

I felt really dirty afterwards, so now I try and pick games that I'll actually enjoy rather than run-through as quick as possible for the points.

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
    edited January 2009
    I am sad my Rock Band guitar is broked, but it had been acting funky for a while

Moriveth on
    edited January 2009
    I am still pretty pissed at shoe for getting the dragonball fighting game on my list

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited January 2009

but if loving ecco the dolphin is wrong, I don't wanna be right

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I don't have that many Gamerpoints because I only play RB2 and COD online now.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
    edited January 2009
    Bogey wrote: »

I did that for one game. One!

TMNT.

I felt really dirty afterwards, so now I try and pick games that I'll actually enjoy rather than run-through as quick as possible for the points.

I do suck for getting a game and then realizing I'm not really into it, but I get one achievement so I only have that tiny percentage complete. Like Soul Calibur 4, why the hell did I buy that?

I'm still intending to get a copy of Army of Two sometime.

Moriveth on
  • Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Phantom Dust

Phantomdust

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
    edited January 2009
    I am still pretty pissed at shoe for getting the dragonball fighting game on my list

this would actually be kind of a funny prank to pull on somebody, just rent a handful of horrible stupid games and play them on a dude's xbox

kind of funny because it's mostly just super dorky

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
    edited January 2009
    I really dislike multiplayer achievements, because I really don't play multiplayer too often

And multiplayer achievements on games where the multiplayer is fucking terrible are even worse

case in point: Duke Nukem 3D

Moriveth on