As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Roommate + GFs Parents + My Apartment = Right Now

• Options
    WileyWiley In the dirt.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Making food and not inviting your room-mate to share in it is rudeness of the highest order. If he has meat in the freezer take it out and allow it to spoil before re-freezing it. Rudeness solved.

Wiley on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Buddy LeeBuddy Lee Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    simo wrote: »
    i wouldn't invite my roommate to a dinner with my girlfriend and parents either

Would you at least give your roommate a heads up about it?

Buddy Lee on
    Join Penny-Arcaders in EPL Fantasy Futbol! Click to see details.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/

The join code for the CLASSIC league: 214755-65927

The join code for the HEAD-TO-HEAD league: 5294-3346
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Wiley wrote: »
    Making food and not inviting your room-mate to share in it is rudeness of the highest order. If he has meat in the freezer take it out and allow it to spoil before re-freezing it. Rudeness solved.

right up until he makes you a delicious steak dinner to make up for it.

and after you finish you suddenly realize the error of your ways.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Look every person at the table right in the eyes and then spit on their food and salute them in clockwise order

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Buddy let me ask you:
    Do you have, or can you get, the following?
    *Balloons
    *Urine
    *A rabid mongoose
    *Hot sauce

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    vsove wrote: »

right up until he makes you a delicious steak dinner to make up for it.

and after you finish you suddenly realize the error of your ways.

Just use plenty of steak sauce.

Wiley on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Tell a story about your tour in Vietnam.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Buddy Lee wrote: »
    simo wrote: »
    i wouldn't invite my roommate to a dinner with my girlfriend and parents either

Would you at least give your roommate a heads up about it?

yea probably

simo on
    bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Lol! wrote: »
    Buddy let me ask you:
    *Balloons
    *Urine
    *A rabid mongoose
    *Hot sauce

Sometimes your joke premises are too elaborate.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Wait for a lull in the conversation and look over at your roomate and his girlfriend and ask "So are you guys going to tell them tonight?" Afterwards ask flustered and try to awkwardly take it back. All the while apologizing to the parents.

I like this one the best.

Alternatively just wander out of the room smile and go, so have you told them the big news yet?

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I don't need to do this in order for his meat to get spoiled. He left some ground beef in the fridge for two weeks after its sell-by date. He forgot about it. When he found it again, he boiled it.

Buddy Lee on

• Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Heres what you do.

Do you have a cordless phone? Good.

Grab it, walk out to where they can see and hear you and start having a conversation with yourself. You don't need to be vulgar or anything, but you can throw in some corny jokes and fake laughs. Maybe pretend to be on an important business call, 'peterson account, old man johnson, report on his desk by tomorrow, yadda yadda yadda'.

Then in your pocket, have your cell phone ready to dial your apartment phone. Let your conversation turn a little heated, start pretending to be stressed, and pause where they can definitely see and hear you. Just as you're really getting into it, call the phone you're currently talking.

While it's still ringing, look at them like you've just been found out and run back to your room, slam the door, and crank up the spice girls sound track you know you have.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Buddy let me ask you:
    *Balloons
    *Urine
    *A rabid mongoose
    *Hot sauce

Really you just need three of the four
    The mongoose is like a bonus item

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I don't need to do this in order for his meat to get spoiled. He left some ground beef in the fridge for two weeks after its sell-by date. He forgot about it. When he found it again, he boiled it.

Aw hell. I wouldn't eat anything that dude cooked.

Wiley on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Filler's suggestion is fantastic

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Just start blasting this. Like really loud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OzWIFX8M-Y

REALLY LOUD!

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Buddy let me ask you:
    *Balloons
    *Urine
    *A rabid mongoose
    *Hot sauce

Really you just need three of the four
    The mongoose is like a bonus item

The moist maker, if you will.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Blaket wrote: »
    Wait for a lull in the conversation and look over at your roomate and his girlfriend and ask "So are you guys going to tell them tonight?" Afterwards ask flustered and try to awkwardly take it back. All the while apologizing to the parents.

Alternatively just wander out of the room smile and go, so have you told them the big news yet?

These are both excellent.

Buddy Lee on

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Heres what you do.

Grab it, walk out to where they can see and hear you and start having a conversation with yourself. You don't need to be vulgar or anything, but you can throw in some corny jokes and fake laughs. Maybe pretend to be on an important business call, 'peterson account, old man johnson, report on his desk by tomorrow, yadda yadda yadda'.

Then in your pocket, have your cell phone ready to dial your apartment phone. Let your conversation turn a little heated, start pretending to be stressed, and pause where they can definitely see and hear you. Just as you're really getting into it, call the phone you're currently talking.

While it's still ringing, look at them like you've just been found out and run back to your room, slam the door, and crank up the spice girls sound track you know you have.

YOU'RE FUCKING FIRED BOB

FOURTY. MILLION. FUCKING EUROS, BOB! CLEAN OUT YOUR LOCKER AT THE CLUB.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    VorusVorus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I would use the phone idea, but keep interrupting dinner by yelling to your room-mate that there is a girl calling for him

worst case scenario : your room-mate gets mad at YOU and loses his temper in front of the parents

Vorus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Heres what you do.

I'd use this idea, but replace the running back to your room with running to the bathroom, turning on the shower and sobbing loudly to yourself, Tobias Funke style.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

Do it. Go! Report back so that we may thrill at your hijinks.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Vorus wrote: »
    I would use the phone idea, but keep interrupting dinner by yelling to your room-mate that there is a girl calling for him

worst case scenario : your room-mate gets mad at YOU and loses his temper in front of the parents

Sup ashley?

Oh, bob? No, you know who's parents are over for dinner.

Huh? Oooh ha haha you naughty girl you!

Alright I'll tell him you called.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    How about you stay in your room and play video games, quietly, always hoping the meal goes well for your roommate who you are friends with and don't want to ruin his life over something.

Or, if he deserves it, just walk around in a bath robe puffing on an invisible pipe in your hand, and say nothing but 'what ho!' whenever they look at you.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Damn, you guys are good at this.

Still, I like my idea best.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    VorusVorus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Sup ashley?

"HEY! WHATSHERFACE FROM LAST NIGHT CALLED. DO YOU STILL HAVE HER BATHING SUIT BOTTOM?"

Vorus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Walk out, covered in feces, with your hands tied together.
    "THANK GOD YOU'RE HERE, HE'S BEEN KEEPING ME HERE, I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER MY OWN NAME PLEASE GOD KILL ME"

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    you can be really simple about this

walk into the kitchen to get a drink, or wherever, and just look at them all eating and try and stifle a chuckle and shake your head and go back to your room

her parents will wrack their brains

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Do it. Go! Report back so that we may thrill at your hijinks.

I'm seriously considering it. He fucking deserves it. And it would be hilarious. They would go CRAZY and they wouldn't believe him when he kept saying "Nonono, seriously, there's nothing to tell!"

And I could be there saying stuff like "Okay, okay, not yet, I see how it is. Just waiting for the right time, sorry I said anything."

Buddy Lee on

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Metzger, I hate every post of yours even more now. That av is simply perfect.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Sara Lynn wrote: »

walk into the kitchen to get a drink, or wherever, and just look at them all eating and try and stifle a chuckle and shake your head and go back to your room

Perfect.

Buddy Lee on

• Options
    edited August 2008
    I've got an idea, just call the house phone, and when it is answered, play Rick Roll from the computer.

If you have her cell phone, do it to her too.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

actually instead of a chuckle look at the parents and do the D: face then scamped back to your room and slam the door.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Sup ashley?

"HEY! WHATSHERFACE FROM LAST NIGHT CALLED. DO YOU STILL HAVE HER BATHING SUIT BOTTOM?"

Hey, vance called! He wants to know if you're still down to go to the glory hole on saturday?

Should I tell him you are?!

Bob?

Did you hear me? The glory hole, vance wants to know if you want to go to the glory hole again this saturday?

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Spark up a huge fucking fatty right there in the kitchen

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Walk out while they're eating and ask your roommate to shut the door when he's jerking it from now on

Me Too! on
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

actually instead of a chuckle look at the parents and do the D: face then scamped back to your room and slam the door.

ahhaha, you guys make the best suggestions

I want to know what he's going to pick

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

actually you should just shake your head in a solemn manner

like you pity them so much

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    THE OOOOOOLD GLORY HOLE!

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Buddy let me ask you:
    *Balloons
    *Urine
    *A rabid mongoose
    *Hot sauce

also not funny

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png