Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 4E - IC] zephyr : "[Game Activity Related Tagline Here]"

1727375777887

Posts

  • AnialosAnialos RPG MPD patient #1 Registered User regular
    Endaren Cloudbinder (Two days ago)
    The Lands Above, Wellington
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War. Ceasefire Day 25


    As she looks at you the expression on her face seems to suggest that she is having a conversation with someone else. Turning her attention to you she answers.

    "Yes. The others have encountered some of his beasts and they are formidable. But to discount the power of Wonders is foolhardy, Highborne," she steps lightly across the room, stopping somewhere behind you. "What of the Merkabans. How do you feel about them?" she asks.

    Endaren is visually disturbed when she mentions the Merkabans, his eyes wavering for a brief second. He quickly regains his composure, and states with no hint of deception in his words,"The Merkabans have killed many of my friends. So has the bloodthirst and incompetence of my former commanders. Any who are willing to fight for peace are my allies, their background matters nothing to me. We must stop the madness at its core....on both sides."

    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I play a lot of video games but I wouldn't call myself a "gamer" because "gamer" has become a pretty fucking disgusting label

    like "skinhead" or "republican"
  • lodwilklodwilk Registered User
    Rais wasn't too happy with the idea, but he was never one to deny an order. "My lady I live for honor which is achieved through duty and obedience of ones commanders. Though I am not pleased to fight my fellow people, if it is what you ask of me than I shall not deny you or betray your trust in me. I must ask though, what exactly is that you want me to do? Other than by joining the enemy."

    DM in Age of Ascension (IC/OOC)
    Tzeentch in CitOW Game 53
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Endaren Cloudbinder (Two days ago)
    The Lands Above, Wellington
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War. Ceasefire Day 25


    Another pause comes before she responds yet again.

    "We are pleased with your responses and trust that you will hold true to your statement. Follow me." She begins to move toward the door.

    If you don't have any other questions, the next update you will autofollow her.

    Rais Saif, (Three days ago)
    Merkaban Airspace, Nymphaea Alba
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War. Ceasefire Day 24


    "You will not be joining the enemy. You must merely work with the enemy," Bhavak says in regard to your latter statement for Katell.

    "You will travel together with some of their Zephyr Knights," she adds. "There will be civilians too. They've seen to it that all of Zephyr is properly represented. What I ask of you will not be easy, but it must be done."

    As if to add weight to her statement, the vessel begins to rock slightly. The skycaptain's voice on the horn informs you that the vessel had flown into some crosswinds, and would be climbing. As the Alba moves through a cloud the room darkens briefly.

    "Will you walk this path?" Bhavak asks.

    If you don't have any other questions, the next update you will advance.

    “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.”
    ― Bill Cosby
  • AnialosAnialos RPG MPD patient #1 Registered User regular
    Following on autopilot!

    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I play a lot of video games but I wouldn't call myself a "gamer" because "gamer" has become a pretty fucking disgusting label

    like "skinhead" or "republican"
  • lodwilklodwilk Registered User
    "I will walk the path you've set before me and shall head out at once."

    The dragonborn waited until he was dismissed before getting his belongings. Being a soldier he had very few personal possessions and those that he did have were always packed and ready so that he could move at a moments notice.

    Ready

    DM in Age of Ascension (IC/OOC)
    Tzeentch in CitOW Game 53
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Finnian Goswick, (One day ago)
    Merkaban Territory, Fahbreeze
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War. Ceasefire Day 26


    "There are those who say that WE have gone too far. That WE are villains. But it is EASY for those who did not see the day when the Coalition's fleets darkened the skies of Merkaba, their cannons focused on our shores, dropships filled to the brim with Knights waiting to slaughter our people. To those people I say WE did what MUST have been done. The time has come for us to reclaim our rightful place in the world. WE must fight on! WE must endure! If you have the body do not wait for conscription, ENLIST today! If you have the money, the resources, do not wait for TAXATION. DONATE today…"

    The Premier's speech had played its fifth iteration of the night and the tag team of this and another thunderstorm made any attempt to sleep rather pointless. Just when you nearly manage to doze off you feel a sharp pain as words clear as day cut their way through your consciousness:

    "Finnian Goswick. We have been looking for someone like you."

    As you look around your room there is no one to be found. The rain continues to beat against the window as the speech drones on.

    tastydonuts on
    “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.”
    ― Bill Cosby
  • lodwilklodwilk Registered User
    The dragonborn discreetly looked around the room, faking as if he was trying to stretch out some tension in his neck.

    Disturbed that he couldn't see the source of the voice, he bypassed any sense of subtlety and reached out for his weapon.

    " Whoever you are, reveal yourself or else I will turn this room into an inferno not even you could escape."

    DM in Age of Ascension (IC/OOC)
    Tzeentch in CitOW Game 53
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Rais Saif, (One day ago)
    Merkaban Territory
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War. Ceasefire Day 26


    "OH GODS HE'S GOT A WEAPON!" A foppish gnome leaps out of the window and into the rainy night. Either that or you were going crazy.

    That was a mis-tagged update, sorry. You can follow the gnome. ;p

    tastydonuts on
    “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.”
    ― Bill Cosby
  • wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    Finn pokes his head out of his room, to make sure his guards aren't playing a trick. He fixes them with a stern look. "Did one of you say something?" None of them admit to it, and they're too intimidated by him to lie, surely.

    Back inside. In between wondering if the voice wasn't vaguely gnomish, Finn thinks to himself, This is how heroes are really called, isn't it? Just like in the stories. Then he thinks, If I am truly being called to action, then what is the best way for me to respond? He tries out a few lines in his head, then settles on:

    "Who are you, and what would you ask of me?"

  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Finnian Goswick, (One day ago)
    Merkaban Territory, Fahbreeze
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War. Ceasefire Day 26


    "Outside, now. None must know of your exit." Another pain, another message.

    tastydonuts on
    “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.”
    ― Bill Cosby
  • wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Dear Throgbottom and Esseltwit,

    The time has come for me to embark on another Grand Adventure, in
    order to build more fame and fortune. I suspect that this trip may last
    longer than my usual 'adventures', but I trust you both to keep
    everything running smoothly in my absence.

    I hope to return soon to Fahbreeze, the second-freshest-smelling hamlet
    in the province, to share new stories of my exploits and adventures.

    FG


    Finn leaves the note on the table, and quietly gathers his travelling gear. He goes to the window and sights an isolated spot outside. After one last look around the room, he disappears.

    Looking up at his window from the spot below, he pulls his hood tight around him, to keep out the rain. "I better be getting a name out of you soon," he says, keeping a hand close to his sword. "Now what?"

    wildwood on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Finnian Goswick, (One day ago)
    Merkaban Territory, Fahbreeze
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War. Ceasefire Day 26


    Thunder cracks in the distance as you stand below your window. You're the only person outside and the yellow glow of light comes from the windows of only one or two homes on the street. As you stand there, looking up at your window you notice that something has jumped from your roof onto the roof across from your home. Try as you might, you're unable to make out any details of the form, and you reckon it would have been entirely unnoticeable if not for the rain. There is an alleyway between the two homes.

    “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.”
    ― Bill Cosby
  • wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    Seriously? Finn thinks, frowning. A dark and stormy night, no one else around, and we have to meet in the alley?

    He summons his armor into place, and walks slowly into the alley, keeping his hand on his sword hilt. What's the worst that could happen?

  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Finnian Goswick, (One day ago)
    Merkaban Territory, Fahbreeze
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War. Ceasefire Day 26


    As you make your way through the alley, you realize that there wasn't anything back here at all. It was a dead end save for the entrance to a sewer. The manhole cover has been conveniently removed, and sits off to the side of the hole. Below you hear the sound of moving water.

    “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.”
    ― Bill Cosby
  • wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    Sewers. Great. Well, no-one will think of looking for me here, Finn thought as he started to climb down into the sewer. At least the water's moving.

  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Endaren Cloudbinder (One day ago)
    The Lands Below, Sewers
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War. Ceasefire Day 26


    The air was as heavy as the last time you'd been down to the Lands Below and the smell was just as bad. The heat, darkness and constant flow of water took your mind back to war. The names and faces of squad begin to appear in your mind again, but this wasn't the time for distractions.

    You'd spent the past few days moving in secret from gate to gate. Sometimes in populated areas and other times in ruins from the past. Judging from the condition of the sewers here this was one of the former. All the more reason to keep your guard up. Your destination was a junction, according to the map you held.

    Having heard many stories of Troglodytes inhabiting sewers in the Lands Below, you keep your guard up. However with the sound of the rushing water bouncing off the walls, a surprise attack could happen at any moment.

    Rais Saif, (One day ago)
    Merkaban Territory, Fahbreeze
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War. Ceasefire Day 26


    A series of transfers and reassignments lead you to the city of Fahbreeze. Known for its freshness, the past few days of r&r left you with something of a guilty feeling. Although the loyalists were in charge of the town, the Premier's speeches and dictations never seemed to stop playing, especially at night.

    These would be the last days of peace you'd see for some time. Walking through the town earlier you couldn't help but wonder what it would feel like to cross blades against your fellow countrymen. What it felt like to have to order such a thing, but you were committed to the end. And now, you sit beneath the city in an ancient waiting room. Most of the things in the room you've seen in other places, mostly museums and the like. It was all heavy, durable furniture that was older than you by a few generations. There were two doors, including the one you'd come in from. Though the first door slid open of its own accord, the inner door didn't respond. When it was time to open, you surmised, it would open.

    Finnian Goswick, (One day ago)
    Merkaban Territory, Fahbreeze
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War. Ceasefire Day 26


    Climbing carefully down the ladder and into the sewer, you found that the water was moving rather swiftly. It was in fact dangerously fast. Pushing the thought of a wave causing a flash flood and washing you into the oceans aside, you clear the landing. The moment you do, you feel a sharp pain in your eyes. Upon opening them again you see in the corner of your eye, a fuzzy blue circle, with equally fuzzy shapes within it. In your perception, it feels like it is a few inches from your face. However it doesn't disappear, even when you blink, nor can you obscure it from your vision by putting your hand between it and your face.

    Gradually the fuzzy shapes take form into what you surmise is a compass.

    "Follow."

    The voice stabs your senses again, and another blip appears along the outer border of the fuzzy circle.

    “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.”
    ― Bill Cosby
  • wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    Funny, when they talk about the voice of destiny in the stories, they don't mention how much it stings.

    Finn walks along, following the compass-in-his-head as well as he can. The lingering pain from the voice, the novel challenge of following the compass, and the worry of the water level mostly serve to distract him from the fact that he's wading in a sewer.

  • AnialosAnialos RPG MPD patient #1 Registered User regular
    Studying the map carefully Endaren tries to ignore the fragrance of the sewage. He had enough things distracting him already. "Oh for pity sake, if the damn trogs are going to get me they may as well do it now. Less grieving on the part of my companions to be if they never got to know me." Endaren thinks aloud to himself, almost wishing for a passing patrol of two or three to help him get some exercise that didn't involve copious amounts of muck.

    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I play a lot of video games but I wouldn't call myself a "gamer" because "gamer" has become a pretty fucking disgusting label

    like "skinhead" or "republican"
  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    Eron Chastain: One day ago)
    Eron sits back and rubs his eyes. After hours of studying he needed a break. Everything he'd discovered so far was painting a grim picture of Premier Vacchana's goals. He stands up, and walks around the house a bit to stretch his legs. As he flushes after a visit to the 'facilities', he feels a twinge of apprehension and.... something rather like deja vu, but as though it's happening to someone else.

    steam_sig.png
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Endaren Cloudbinder (One day ago)
    The Lands Below, Sewers
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War. Ceasefire Day 26


    You finally arrive at the junction. In addition to the tunnel you'd traversed there were three others. The water channels feed into a smaller reservoirs which fed into a hole in the middle of the chamber. Larger chunks of debris and detritus reside in the small reservoirs. The hole in the middle of the junction looked to be about 10 meters in diameter, and the sound of the water falling into it was almost deafening.

    According to the map, your destination was down that hole. Realizing that the odds of your surviving a fall down into the darkness below were slim to none, you look around to see if there was something to actually drop down onto. Support beams run the width of the hole. Your perspective, the way they intersect almost made them look like spokes on a wheel. As masonry yielded to rough rock, you can barely make out an outcropping and doorway. With some skillful climbing or just a little luck, you might just make it there.

    Finnian Goswick, (One day ago)
    Merkaban Territory, Fahbreeze
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War. Ceasefire Day 26


    The currents of the sewer channel seem rather strong due to the rain, so you stick to the walkways bordering them. As you do so, the haze of the compass slowly fades away, and it grows clarity. The blobs now read as the cardinal directions, and the guiding blob was an arrow. It seemed that destiny indelibly burned a fully functional compass into your field of vision. How... nice. Squinting in the darkness, you cringe as the voice pings your mind yet again.

    "Hurry."

    You can feel almost intensity in the mental voice and, noticing that the water has begun to rapidly rise, you realize why: a swell. Ahead of you there is a cross-way bridge. If you grab hold of it, you may keep from getting swept away…

    Eron Chastain, Keegan Lyriao and Others (One day ago)
    Merkaban Territory, Fahbreeze
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War. Ceasefire Day 26


    "Honestly, terrorizing children?" Mariposa says and shakes her head at Arlen.

    "It's the season for that sort of thing, right. Besides, what's the harm?"

    "Today at the clinic I just treated a child that fell off a rooftop. He and his friends were playing 'Run from the Bandaged Man'!"

    "What were kids doing playing on a roof?"

    She throws her hands up in frustration as Eron exits the restroom and trudges through the halls.

    "Another exciting adventure, eh?" Arlen says, noticing the expression on Eron's face. "If you're worried about fighting an army of knock-off Caretakers, don't. It takes years to grow accustomed to being like this. I can feel everything around me, for example. Not just my clothes, table and chair I'm sitting on. I can feel the spoon that's under that chair. If I focus really hard, I can even read the engraving on that mount with my eyes closed, and I'm not that good at this. I remember one of my creche-mates was so good at this that he could feel a gi—" Arlen looks at Mari and changes his wording "—olden needle in a haystack. Yes. He could feel colors." The cleric, for her part begins to move away from him.

    "Anyway, I know that sounds like a major advantage. And it is, if you're used to it. If not, it's like you're walking around in armor that's too big for you. Sure, they'd probably be able to regen like us too, but... well, eh?" He shrugs and looks over at Mari, who is now on the other side of the room "I said I'm not that good."

    Note: This means that Merkaban "Enhanced Beings" can be flanked from 1 square away, instead of just adjacent squares.

    tastydonuts on
    “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.”
    ― Bill Cosby
  • AnialosAnialos RPG MPD patient #1 Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Staring down into the hole, Endaren tries to estimate how far down the platform is. He'd rather not be falling when he gets to the platform if he can help it. Examining the spokes closer he tries his footing on one near the top, hoping they aren't as slick as he thinks they will be. Satisfied he starts to climb down the spokes, keeping three points of contact at all times, being in no hurry to have to try and time a fey step while free-falling down a spoke riddle hole.
    Spoiler:

    Anialos on
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I play a lot of video games but I wouldn't call myself a "gamer" because "gamer" has become a pretty fucking disgusting label

    like "skinhead" or "republican"
  • wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    Finn races for the crossway, hoping to brace himself (and maybe get a deep breath or two) before the swell arrives.

    Too bad sewers can't be reasoned with, he thought, trying to stay calm. "Come on, now, giant wave. We're all friends here..."
    Spoiler:

  • lodwilklodwilk Registered User
    Rais tried his best to sit comfortably in the chair but was having a very hard time at it. Furniture was usually made to accommodate most races, but ever since he had grown wings, high backed chairs were just uncomfortable for the dragonborn, he either had to sit with them being pinned between himself and the back of the chair, or feel them being pressed outwards if himself so the muscles the connected his wings to his back went over the the chair, pushing them upwards a bit.

    After a few minutes of sitting uncomfortably, he decided it was better is he simply just stood where he was, wearing clothes that did not show off his military status and rank for the first time. Now he wore simple clothes, showing a moderate amount of wealth, as well as his usual arsenal of weaponry that he kept on himself.

    He remained silent as he waited, being used to the process during his military career, that didn't mean that he liked it though. Instead, he simply stood near the centre of the room, facing the closed door, and waiting for it to open.

    DM in Age of Ascension (IC/OOC)
    Tzeentch in CitOW Game 53
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Endaren Cloudbinder (One day ago)
    The Lands Below, Sewers
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War. Ceasefire Day 26


    The first step was always the toughest one, Endaren notes as he drops down onto the first beam. Rather than risk trying to balance his way across it, he drops down, wrapping his legs and arm tightly around it as he moves. The muck and dirt makes this movement easy and once he gets to the center of the hole he begins to lower himself.

    Raw strength over grace prevails, his feet making contact with the beam long enough for him to wrap himself around it without splitting like a wishbone. The sound of the water falling down and across the beams is deafening now, as is one's feeling of exposure. It'd be next to impossible to defend one's self from this position and so Endaren moves swiftly.

    Once he finds himself on the beam directly above the alcove, he lets go. For a moment he falls, but his body fades away as he teleports himself towards the stable ground and lands rather gracefully. The masonry here looks very different from that of the sewers above. At the end of this short corridor was an ancient doorway. A thick coating of mud clung to the floors and his feet as he approached the door which slid opened of its own accord. Ahead was another corridor, which ended abruptly in debris. Several doorways lined either side of the corridor, the one marked on his map being the third on the left. From past experience, he doubted the others would open for him at all.

    “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.”
    ― Bill Cosby
  • AnialosAnialos RPG MPD patient #1 Registered User regular
    Moving carefully, Endaren keeps an eye and ear out for anything out of place as he approaches the door on his map. He certainly hopes it leads somewhere less...filthy. Perhaps a bit safer would be nice too. Yes, yes it would. To ease his fears a bit he reaches out with his arcane senses, trying to sense any traps or spells cast on the area.
    Spoiler:

    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I play a lot of video games but I wouldn't call myself a "gamer" because "gamer" has become a pretty fucking disgusting label

    like "skinhead" or "republican"
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Endaren Cloudbinder (One day ago)
    The Lands Below, Sewers
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War. Ceasefire Day 26


    With his arcane senses, Endaren can feel the slight presence of old magical energy in the walls. A place like this was full of with it. As boring as they were the doors were Wonders after all. Outside of that, he also detects that fairly recently, at least one being of notable arcane strength passed through this area. Were it a person of lesser arcane sensitivity, their passage would have gone completely unnoticed. Especially since there are no footprints or other tracks he can make out with a passive glance about in the dimly lit corridor.

    “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.”
    ― Bill Cosby
  • AnialosAnialos RPG MPD patient #1 Registered User regular
    Hoping the arcanist that went in front of him is friendly, Endaren opens the door marked on his map, hand on sword hilt just in case.

    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I play a lot of video games but I wouldn't call myself a "gamer" because "gamer" has become a pretty fucking disgusting label

    like "skinhead" or "republican"
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Rais Saif, (One day ago)
    Merkaban Territory, Fahbreeze
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War. Ceasefire Day 26


    As you stare at the door in front of you waiting for it open the door behind you slips open. You can make out the form of an eladrin, covered in mud and grime and with his hand on his sword.

    Endaren Cloudbinder (One day ago)
    The Lands Below, Sewers
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War. Ceasefire Day 26


    The door slides open, and in the middle of the room you can see a dragonborn. He isn't wearing any armor, but he's definitely armed. He is also wearing pants. What's up with that?

    tastydonuts on
    “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.”
    ― Bill Cosby
  • AnialosAnialos RPG MPD patient #1 Registered User regular
    Endaren removes his hand from hilt and looks at the dragonborn inquiringly. "Nice pants. Nice weapons too..." Circling the room slowly as he wipes away some of the gunk covering him Endaren tries to determine the likelihood of this being on of his future allies. "My name is Endaren. I fight for peace. You are?"

    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I play a lot of video games but I wouldn't call myself a "gamer" because "gamer" has become a pretty fucking disgusting label

    like "skinhead" or "republican"
  • lodwilklodwilk Registered User
    Rais looks at the eladrin with suspicion, not quite sure if he was supposed to be here or from the looks of him, a thief trying to charm his way through being spotted.

    For now the dragonborn decided to play along." I am Rais Saif, and you have made quite a mess of yourself"

    He remained standing where he was, his hand never leaving the hilt of his weapon. He made sure his posture was as straight and rigid as it could be though there was little difference from that and how he normally stood. Flexing his back muscles his leathery wings stretched out as much as the could, showing the eladrin that they were in fact real and not some vain, cosmetic decoration. Though Rais did hope that the newcomer wouldn't be able to tell that the wings couldn't actually function for flight.

    DM in Age of Ascension (IC/OOC)
    Tzeentch in CitOW Game 53
  • AnialosAnialos RPG MPD patient #1 Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Looking down at his soiled clothes Endaren sighs. "Why it seems that I have. These sewers are not the most friendly place in the worlds and this...map...was not as helpful as I'd hoped. But, I'm here! Now, where are the others..." Endaren holds open the map that had gotten him here and then quickly stashes it away again. "Nice wings by the way, not many of your kind have the honor, good to know they aren't sending me to die with a bunch of sodding rookies."

    Anialos on
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I play a lot of video games but I wouldn't call myself a "gamer" because "gamer" has become a pretty fucking disgusting label

    like "skinhead" or "republican"
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Finnian Goswick, (One day ago)
    Merkaban Territory, Fahbreeze
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War. Ceasefire Day 26


    You vault the rail of the cross-way's bridge and grab hold of it tightly just in time for the water to slam into you. The bridge begins to shudder as the water swirls around you and down into the other tunnels. Closing your eyes and mouth, you hope for the best as you feel tiny bits of debris rake across your flesh. You can feel the vibrations of larger pieces of debris slamming into the bridge itself for what feels like hours. You wouldn't be looking your best by the time you got to your destination you think to yourself before your thoughts are interrupted by a heavy thunk that dislodges the bridge from its foundation.

    The tight grip you had grows even tighter now as the bridge slams into the walls of the cross-way, before being swept down one of the corridors. On the bright side, the arrow on the compass told you this it was going in the right direction. Now that the water and muck wasn't swirling around your face you take a look at what's ahead of you. The bridge was being washed along at a pretty good clip. You even manage to stand up. Sewer surfing. You've invented a new sport. Straight ahead you notice that it's getting brighter, and the water is beginning to flow faster. The compass arrow in your vision began to point downwards too.

    This and your knowledge of strangly spacious underground sewers that told it was time to get off this thing. Jerking your body to the side once you enter the clearing, jump clear of the bridge. There's a crash of metal against metal as the bridge hits something that causes it to flip into the air then into the larger hole, but this was the least of your concerns. The ground is slick with wet mud (hopefully) and your momentum propels you over the ledge. In a display of extreme athleticism, you grab onto a beam that spans the diameter of the large hole. The surge begins to subside into a more constant stream as you catch your breath.

    "Hurry."

    The voice pings you again and another marker stabs you in the eyes. It designates an outcropping further down. You make your way to it. (PPerception) Here you notice another set of footprints. They seem to be fairly fresh and lead to a doorway. The looks like the kind found in Wondrous ruins. No handle, no knob. All you need do is walk up to it.

    "Enter."

    The voice prompts.

    Kind of fast tracking you since I wasn't able to get your update out Friday. Going to give Rais a chance to respond to Endaren without you present. Let me know how you enter this doorway and all.

    tastydonuts on
    “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.”
    ― Bill Cosby
  • wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    Finn pauses at the door, trying in vain to clean up his hair. Sometimes it's better not to have a mirror around.

    He walks up to the door, hoping it will open and not make him go back the way he came. Also hoping there isn't a formal gathering going on on the other side.

    As the door opens and he walks through, he sees an eladrin and a dragonborn sizing each other up, a bit tensely. The dragonborn is suprisingly free of sewage, but Finn tries not to get too jealous about it.

    He smiles wide, as they look him over. "You would not believe the night I've been having!" He gives the eladrin another look. "Well, maybe you might..."

    "So what brings you gents to normally-fresh-smelling Fahbreeze?"

  • AnialosAnialos RPG MPD patient #1 Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    "Fahbreeze? Huh, no wonder she was chuckling when she sent me here. My name is Endaren, the clean one is Rais. It does look like you took a bit more...unconventional route than I did. Oh, yes, the prints outside are mine. As for what brings me here? Peace. I fight whoever threatens it, regardless of race or creed. Since you have arrived by the same path as me I assume you know who "she" is? Endaren rambles for a bit, keeping an eye on the massive dragonborn and taking in the sight of someone even more filthy than he. What kind of trouble had he faced getting here?!

    Anialos on
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I play a lot of video games but I wouldn't call myself a "gamer" because "gamer" has become a pretty fucking disgusting label

    like "skinhead" or "republican"
  • wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    "By 'she', do you mean the voice that burns in my head and calls me back to a life of adventure? If so, then yes, that is exactly what brought me here." Finn looks down at his soiled appearance. "Well, that and a ten-foot wave of sewage."

    Eager to find common ground, he continues. "I know what you mean about fighting for peace. Without everyday folk living their quiet lives, who will sing of our adventures, and remember our hard-fought battles and glorious victories?"

    Finn smiles at the eladrin, then looks expectantly toward the dragonborn.

  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Finnian Goswick, Endaren Cloudbinder, Rais Saif (One day ago)
    Merkaban Territory, Fahbreeze
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War. Ceasefire Day 26


    Your introductions are interrupted by faint whisper of other door opening. From your vantage point you can see three large chairs in front of a desk. Seated atop the desk there is a woman dressed in a silver kaftan. Endaren easily recognizes her as the Voice.

    "And so the Merkaban, Highborne and brigand have arrived," she calls out rather pleasantly. Finn recognizes her voice as the one that's been stabbing him in the brains all night. (PInsight[Bard]: Finn) Even though her voice sounds the same, her dialect suggests she doesn't speak common as a primary language. Your best guest is she speaks stab you in brain with words as her primary language. "Please enter. There is not much time."

    tastydonuts on
    “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.”
    ― Bill Cosby
  • AnialosAnialos RPG MPD patient #1 Registered User regular
    "Ah, it appears our common benefactor is here. Shall we?" Glad to see someone familiar, Endaren motions towards the open door and waits for the other to enter before showing himself in.

    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I play a lot of video games but I wouldn't call myself a "gamer" because "gamer" has become a pretty fucking disgusting label

    like "skinhead" or "republican"
  • wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    Finn goes on in and grabs the chair on the end, assuming that they will sit in order of decreasing sewage coverage.

    He turns to the Lady and smiles. "I bid you welcome to Fahbreeze, milady. I must assure you, it has some parts which are much more scenic."

  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Finnian Goswick, Endaren Cloudbinder, Rais Saif (One day ago)
    Merkaban Territory, Fahbreeze
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War. Ceasefire Day 26


    You all enter the interior room. It, much like the previous room has a lot of antique looking furniture. The old chairs are designed to seat all races comfortabilty. An empty picture frame covers one of the walls in the room and a small sphere is inset in the bottom middle of it. The room looks like it has been recently cleaned, the residual sensations of judicious usage of prestidigitation tickling Endaren's arcane sensitivity. There is a small puddle of water in one corner of the room. The only other thing of note was the silver rod standing near the desk where the Voice sat. Given her slightly silvered skintone and matching attire, it likely belonged to her.

    Up close, she looks young. Once you've been seated she turns her attention to Finn.

    "None must know of your exit, Finnian Goswick," she says with a slight frown.

    "I am Sveta, the Voice of the Caretakers," she introduces herself and then goes on to speak of the importance of what you are going to be doing. Shortly after that she speaks of the ones who you would be joining: A halfling named Keegan Lyriao, who she describes as an expert in overcoming locks and traps. A guild wizard by the name of Eron Chastain, whose knowledge of Wonders would be of much use. Another Zephyr Knight, Mariposa Valente, who was the medic and lastly Arlen the Driver.

    She then provides you with an overview of the next two places that you would need to strike and asks if there were any further questions.

    Leveche Research Facility
    Spoiler:

    Vault Excavation
    Spoiler:

    These are the quest summaries. It'd take way too much time to go over and explain them ICly, so it's in this format.

    tastydonuts on
    “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.”
    ― Bill Cosby
  • AnialosAnialos RPG MPD patient #1 Registered User regular
    Having already voiced his choice between the mission once to Sveta, Endaren waits to see the reactions of his two new comrads. Impressed by the attention to detail taken in magically cleaning the room, Endaren focuses a moment on the small sphere in the empty frame and the silver rod.
    Spoiler:

    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I play a lot of video games but I wouldn't call myself a "gamer" because "gamer" has become a pretty fucking disgusting label

    like "skinhead" or "republican"
Sign In or Register to comment.