As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

frozen iPod, like frozen frozen

The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hopRegistered User regular
edited August 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I have an 80GB Video iPod, and it appears to be frozen. It's unresponsive to any inputs on the touchwheel, and the screen will not stop showing a backlit, frozen image of the "Now Playing" information of the song I had paused a little while ago. Basically I came home, went to go plug it in to my desktop to fiddle with some stuff, and then it stopped working. I've tried reconnecting the USB to see if that wakes it up, but still nothing happens.

I have a warranty on it, so I know I can just take it to the store to get this dealt with, but I was hoping maybe someone knew of a way to fix it and save me the trouble of an extra trip (and potential time without it while it's serviced). Since it's sitting here backlit, I assume the battery will die eventually, but does entirely killing one of these batteries hurt it or what?

Anyway, any help is appreciated, even if it's just "Sorry, no fix -- take it in."

The Green Eyed Monster on

• Options
    pacbowlpacbowl Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This happened to one of my friends who has a nano. Try this

pacbowl on
    steammicro.php?id=pacbowl&pngimg=background&tborder=0
  • Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    pacbowl wrote: »

This should do it, it's worked for me before.

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    embrik wrote: »
    pacbowl wrote: »

This should do it, it's worked for me before.
    Beauty -- that did it.

Thanks so much!

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    ProPatriaMoriProPatriaMori Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Because it's already been solved, I'd like to point out that I'm disappointed that your iPod wasn't in a block of ice.

To try to be somewhat helpful even if you don't come back to this thread ever: knowing the reset is damn handy. Knowing how to smack the hard drive back into operation is also handy--I have a 3G iPod that now resides solely in my car because if I move it around the hard drive will usually get wonked again and I have to spend another five minutes slamming it on something before the read head will work right again.

Those are the most common iPod maladies I know of.

ProPatriaMori on