As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Windows XP installation stalling

HevachHevach Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I have a computer that had a hard drive crash the other day. There was nothing on the drive worth saving, so I just junked it and put a new one in. I started reinstalling windows. It went through the first part alright and rebooted into the GUI portion of the install, went through the gathering information step just fine and got to "Installing Windows." It's been sitting there for about two hours. The green squares at the bottom of the screen are moving, the text changes every minute or so, but there's no drive activity or any indication that it's actually doing anything. I've had this part take a while before, but never this long. Any ideas?

Hevach on

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    A wise old man once told me, before returning to his life of isolation in the server room:

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

YamiNoSenshi on
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yes. It's currently in hour two of dormancy on its second attempt while I try to track down a different XP home CD to try.

Hevach on