As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Time[chat], Time[chat], Time[chat], Time[chat]

OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
edited August 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
timecubelp1.gif

I want to see four times the posting, four times the laughter, four times the crying.
Oboro wrote: »
We ... we actually had a lot of motivations, you know. It wasn't just "for the lulz." [laughter] Debate & Discourse was coming off an era beset by poor [chat] threads -- and you know, this wasn't ... this wasn't a matter of opinion, this was something documented. We had the oldies ... a lot of the old shit resurfacing, we had "the first rule of [chat]" you know, that one comes up too much ... and we had threads with poor visibility, and those just don't go over well ...

so I wanted to do something ambitious, you know? Just like the guy over at timecube dot com! [laughter]

The idea then, y-yeah ... the idea was, "this is a chat that's new, and this is a chat that people will find easily. It says [chat] four times," and that's the point, you know? Less time looking, more time chatting. It was for the people. Not for the lulz. [brief pause, then laughter]
Oh, I won't lie, it came up. The concern was there, that -- that people would take it the wrong way, as an endorsement, you know? That's not my job to be concerned about, you know, I ... I hire people to care about that stuff for me. [laughter]

I mean, yeah, it came up, it came up in the meeting everyday. There was always some prodigy from marketing who 'went the extra mile' and did some independent research, and I mean ... it was the shit, you know? It was hilarious shit. Little pasty-ass guy whose tie matches his shoes shows up for the morning pow-wow, and is all, "I think we can do something big with this timecube thing, I think the original franchise didn't cover the ground floor as well as it could have," and I'm just like ...

it's a bloody parody, you know? We're stealing here, we're not usurping. I don't want that fucking craven edifice. Wherever the creator of timecube goes to bed, a fucking banshee haunts the rafters. Shit be wacked.
Did I get high on the set? No.

No!

[laughter] Alright, you got me. Yeah. Yeah. I pretty much had morphine on tap the same way The Onion plugs its writers in to PCP. Hold on, can I say that? Get my lawyer in here, and uh, for the time being ... I was being ironic.

Like raaaaaiin! On your weeeeedding day! [forced laughter] I-ironic! Ha ha ha!
The idea was Frank's. All credit goes out to him -- honestly, the man was a blast and it might've tacked an extra month onto filming, but someone would probably have pulled an AK out on us if we didn't have someone like Frank on the team, and you know how it goes ... "better one month late than riddled with bullets," right?

We were just sitting down, you know, and it's that bit of awkward time before I call lunch. I mean, we've already turned off the cameras and everyone's pretty much on their ass. It's just ... it's a time card thing, you know? So we're waiting out the technicalities and Frank starts up, "You know, I hired twelve strippers to come down here today," and he says it just ... completely non-chalant, you know? Poker face. He's lighting a cigarette.

"The real bitch though," he continues, "was getting them in. They said they'd work for free, you know? They thought it was the bitch-and-tits just to get on the scene," and he's still just completely kosher, you know, he puts the lighter away and he's just sitting there, everyone else is sort of ... sort of zoning in on the conversation, you know. He doesn't say anything else though, so I blurt out, "Well where the fuck are they? Don't be fucking pulling my leg here, Frank."

So the bell goes off, they open the main hangar door and no one's paying shit for attention, we're all locked onto Frank, you know? Frank and his fucking cigarette. "The real bitch," he starts up again, "was that I was able to get strippers for free, but Subway still charged retail on the sandwiches."

"Hey, caterers? What the fuck you got for us today?" Frank shouted, and everyone's attention turned to twelve vixens in bunny ears at the gate, Subway sandwiches tucked underarm.

"Five dollar footlongs!"

Frank put his cigarette out on the arm of the chair. "You owe me $600, Obs. The extra zero's my service charge."

words
Oboro on

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It's Hadouken

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    FOUR

TIMES

THE

[CHATTING]

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    OH NO... OH GOD NO!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Four side to the day ... four side to smiley ... four rotate face ... ?!

FOUR

TIMES

THE

:ROTATE:

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey.

Tach on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited August 2008
    What if Timecube is actually true and we're all too blinded to really see the truth?

bongi on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2008
    Goddamn using other people's computers, and the problem that brings. So not my fault.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This thread hurts my head

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Oh hey the funhouse isn't closed.

Also I made a cool 10K on that bet that Oboro would get the [chat]

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Obo nailed that one with style. The Hadoken was a nice touch.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yes but look what obo did with it. I mean honestly we dug too deep here too greedily, now chatgoblins will attack.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited August 2008
    Also what if we're all secretly the sewer of an even greater civilisation above us?

bongi on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    We ... we actually had a lot of motivations, you know. It wasn't just "for the lulz." [laughter] Debate & Discourse was coming off an era beset by poor [chat] threads -- and you know, this wasn't ... this wasn't a matter of opinion, this was something documented. We had the oldies ... a lot of the old shit resurfacing, we had "the first rule of [chat]" you know, that one comes up too much ... and we had threads with poor visibility, and those just don't go over well ...

so I wanted to do something ambitious, you know? Just like the guy over at timecube dot com! [laughter]

The idea then, y-yeah ... the idea was, "this is a chat that's new, and this is a chat that people will find easily. It says [chat] four times," and that's the point, you know? Less time looking, more time chatting. It was for the people. Not for the lulz. [brief pause, then laughter]

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Oh jesus christ I just read about htis timecube and honestly I feel as though I have gone blind mentally.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Hehehe

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

yes <3

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Elki wrote: »

Hehehe

I am fully confident that if anyone licked Oboro's brain they would enter a blissful euphoric dementia for years.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I don't know if Les Grossman approved this commentary.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    NO WOMAN, YOU CALL ME FOR A CHANGE GODDAMNIT

I'm out to lunch. Catch you later, [chat].

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Oh jesus christ I just read about htis timecube and honestly I feel as though I have gone blind mentally.
    Oh, I won't lie, it came up. The concern was there, that -- that people would take it the wrong way, as an endorsement, you know? That's not my job to be concerned about, you know, I ... I hire people to care about that stuff for me. [laughter]

I mean, yeah, it came up, it came up in the meeting everyday. There was always some prodigy from marketing who 'went the extra mile' and did some independent research, and I mean ... it was the shit, you know? It was hilarious shit. Little pasty-ass guy whose tie matches his shoes shows up for the morning pow-wow, and is all, "I think we can do something big with this timecube thing, I think the original franchise didn't cover the ground floor as well as it could have," and I'm just like ...

it's a bloody parody, you know? We're stealing here, we're not usurping. I don't want that fucking craven edifice. Wherever the creator of timecube goes to bed, a fucking banshee haunts the rafters. Shit be wacked.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Elks!

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    FOUR TIMES THE CHATTTTTTINGGGGG

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    All I'm saying is, whenever I do something, the thought at the back of my mind is, "This needs to be good enough to go on my resume, because that's a pretty barren piece of paper right now."

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Stop making me laugh :(

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited August 2008
    So like is D&D just all cocks dicks like SE++ only more refined or what

bongi on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    bongi wrote: »

More on topic for the most part.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2008

No, just really big cocks.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Well my cock is certainly more refined that of anyone in SE++.

I made it a little Maitre-D' outfit and everything.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Richy wrote: »
    Well my cock is certainly better than that of anyone in SE++.
    Mint condition.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008

I've had little difficulty navigating between the two for years. the [chat] thread is especially similar to many SE++ threads.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

When we give you a reach around we do it with our pinky out.

That's the difference.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    stilist wrote: »
    Mint condition.

istockphoto_451212_high_five.jpg

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Mint condition.

istockphoto_451212_high_five.jpg

I was surprised to find that it wasn't Dyna who made that comment.
    :D

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Damnit I wasn't fast enough with the edit.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008

And boobs

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Mint condition.
    Oh, snap.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Medopine wrote: »

And boobs

Its like a cock and boob storm with everyone yelling at each other.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I think I trust Jim Cramer.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    When you were a high school student, did you ever have the displeasure of going to the high school in the neighboring town for whatever reason?

... and noticing that there was a group of kids whose composition mirrored your own exactly, except that she was a blonde instead of a brunette and the overweight kid here was white instead of black and your own alter-ego wore glasses? You were still able to finish each other's sentences, of course, though he had an ulterior motive when he did it because he was also gay and -- obviously -- gay for you.

We're that other school down the road. If you're cocks, we're dicks; if we're dicks, you're cocks.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »

And boobs

Its like a cock and boob storm with everyone yelling at each other.

Sturm und Wang.

Grey Ghost on
This discussion has been closed.