Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

KeithKeith Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Social Entropy++
t56qmr.jpg

What's up, bitches

I just recently watched It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Hulu (they have the whole series so far for free!!!), a show that's based on terrible people living in the best city in the world.

It's got songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6JBBH_sPys

Information:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVRNRKXiOM0

And Danny DeVito blowjobs!*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIs5BYWt_SM

*no actual blowjobs

Every episode is hilarious and as I said, it's all on Hulu for free so everyone should watch it!. Season 4 starts on September 18th and I can't wait

Keith on
2mzmv83.jpg

• MichunkistMichunkist Registered User
    edited August 2008
    I swear this show only gets better the farther into it you go. My favorite so far is The Gang Get Invincible. Just all around greatness.

• flagrant porkflagrant pork Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It was mentioned to me that at times the show has a ctrl-alt-del or at least a subpar webcomic feel to the comedy. As in some of these scenes feel so forced, and a lot of it has the zany character, straight character formula which usually ends with straight character saying "You're an idiot." y/n?

• KeithKeith Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I don't know what any of that means

but yes, they do call each other idiots a lot. but it's hilarious because they're all dumb

2mzmv83.jpg
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood Living In Fear. Year Of The Tiger.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    yeah this is basically the best show ever made

the episode where dennis bangs the hippie girl from last season? classic

AEKTl9K.png
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It was mentioned to me that at times the show has a ctrl-alt-del or at least a subpar webcomic feel to the comedy. As in some of these scenes feel so forced, and a lot of it has the zany character, straight character formula which usually ends with straight character saying "You're an idiot." y/n?

y-e-ah, that does come up

usually they're pushing the issue at hand so hard that i'm willing to look past it, but there is a lot of Goofus and Gallant shit that goes on

i don't know if i'd describe that using the word "webcomic" though, since it's a type of comedy that was done long long before the internet ever became a thing

• flagrant porkflagrant pork Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh yeah definitely and they do a pretty damn good job with it, don't get me wrong. The show is so very very wrong that its awesome. But I just die a little inside now everytime they end a scene with "I hate you." or "you're so stupid."

• VladimerVladimer Likes Football Too MuchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Good news! Your mother is dead!

• nateknatek Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It does have kind of an amateur feel to it.

At times it feels like an extended Whitest Kids You Know sketch. I would never compare it to CAD though...

edited August 2008
    Oh yeah definitely and they do a pretty damn good job with it, don't get me wrong. The show is so very very wrong that its awesome. But I just die a little inside now everytime they end a scene with "I hate you." or "you're so stupid."

I love when they do that because that's what I do

because it's hilarious

2mzmv83.jpg
    edited August 2008
    Penis? No, it's a bicep!

edited August 2008
    Keith wrote: »

because it's hilarious

the best parts of the show are when they all just start yelling at each other

edited August 2008
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »

because it's hilarious

the best parts of the show are when they all just start yelling at each other

yeah usually I can't stand that happening

but somehow these guys are all so hilarious and idiotic it actually works

also this show is a walking quote factory

"yeah and you just married your daughter frank!"

• QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    it was mentioned, but my all time favorite episode is definitely Mac Bangs Dennis's Mom

also, I was disappointed with the season 3 finale
    didn't seem up to par with most other episodes, and it definitely wasn't finale material

edited August 2008
    one of the opening segments was the one that got me hooked:

Dennis: Our mortgage is due in two weeks.
    Mac: No, we paid that, like, a week ago.
    Dennis: No. A week ago was three weeks late

edited August 2008
    the thing that bothered me with Hulu was that the episode titles are always delivered as punchlines and you see them coming because of Hulu

they're still hilarious though

2mzmv83.jpg
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I still say my favorite show opening was them singing more than words for no good reason.

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood Living In Fear. Year Of The Tiger.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    charlietear.jpg

poor charlie

AEKTl9K.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    A MASTER OF KARATE

AND FRIENDSHIP

FOR EVERYONE

steam_sig.png
    edited August 2008
    he lots his garbage pail kids

they are very valuable

• MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Qorzm wrote: »
    it was mentioned, but my all time favorite episode is definitely Mac Bangs Dennis's Mom
    Same here. Everything about it is so damn perfect.

Shit. I think I have to re-watch the series again now.

• QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i absolutely loved when dennis and dee go on welfare and they're just sitting on the stoop singing "just a friend"

one of my favorite scenes for sure

edited August 2008
    the episode where mac and charlie ride around in the limo with strippers amuses me greatly

i can't remember which episode that's in, though

AEKTl9K.png
    edited August 2008
    dennis and dee go on welfare

edited August 2008
    well i know what i'm watching next

AEKTl9K.png
  • NabobNabob Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hi, I'm a recovering crack addict and this is my retarded sister. Can we have some welfare please?

I can't wait for the 4th season!

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2367-6821
    edited August 2008
    Qorzm wrote: »
    i absolutely loved when dennis and dee go on welfare and they're just sitting on the stoop singing "just a friend"

one of my favorite scenes for sure

that's definitely my favorite scene

2mzmv83.jpg
  • YaYaYaYa Rick and Morty forever and ever 100 years! a100timesRickandMorty.comRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    the entire episode with the gang coaching the kids in basketball

jesus christ Dennis you're the worst person in the world and I love you for it

• MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Terrible.

Take a lap.

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    YaYa wrote: »
    the entire episode with the gang coaching the kids in basketball

jesus christ Dennis you're the worst person in the world and I love you for it
    "But you took all the..."

"I took all the what?"

Xbox Live: OGSirToons PSN: NoGreatName Bnet Tag: SirToons#1214 NNID: SirToons
    Steam ID: SirToons 3DS: 3024-5277-3254 Twitch: SirToons check.php?c=sirtoons
  • JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Monsty wrote: »
    Terrible.

Take a lap.

What are those, flip-flops?

• TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This Gravy train's leaving
    So who's retarded now?

Pokemon Black FC: 0518-7386-3511
    Pokemon Black 2: 0519-5108-3139
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I always try to tell people about this show, but I don't own it on DVD and I didn't know about hulu.

But now I can show people instead of explaining to them it's the best comedy show in a long long time

Xbox Live: OGSirToons PSN: NoGreatName Bnet Tag: SirToons#1214 NNID: SirToons
    Steam ID: SirToons 3DS: 3024-5277-3254 Twitch: SirToons check.php?c=sirtoons
  • ShankusuShankusu __BANNED USERS
    edited August 2008
    uh it was on the air at the same time as arrested development so i dont see how thats such a long time inbetween shows

edited August 2008
    awwwuhh, I just watched the sex with dennis' mom episode, poor charlie...and then it immediately cuts to the credits and happy music

this show is great

edited August 2008
    that single tear rolling down his face might be my favorite moment of the entire series

it's certainly an incredible ending to the episode

AEKTl9K.png
  • FedoraFedora Registered User
    edited August 2008
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Keith likes It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia? But It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is good.

• FedoraFedora Registered User
    edited August 2008
    Keith likes It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia? But It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is good.

Even a stopped clock that loves miley cyrus is right twice a day.

• Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I guess so.

At Comic Con, they had a panel for this show on Sunday. They showed the first episode from the fourth season, which is about cannibalism and hunting the homeless for sport. We left after that though, because they were giving away the first and second season DVDs away and we weren't going to be the shmucks who were left empty handed.

edited August 2008
    so waitress girl is kinda cute

I'm guessing she sort of fades away though during second season