As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fever and rash

sp1ttlesp1ttle Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
My father has a fever since tuesday, and he has now developed what looks like a rash all over his body. He also is feeling fatigued and aches all over. He is worried because a coworker came down with cancer recently and he is afraid that it might be cancer related. He is also diabetic and is taking drugs for cholesterol. Anybody know what he has and should he be worried?

sp1ttle on

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    does he mean he's afraid he caught cancer from a coworker? or that since he and his coworker are exposed to the same conditions (like working in a nuclear reactor) that he might have cancer too?

Since he's got problems already with diabetes and high cholesterol, get him to a doctor. He's insured, and piece of mind is worth the few hours you'll spend in a doctor's office.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    sp1ttlesp1ttle Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    He doesn't work in a dangerous environment as far as I know, and he's afraid that it might be cancer due to his current health problems. The rash isn't itchy or anything, and other than the symptoms I listed above he seems to be doing fine. Just in case though, he made an appointment to see a doctor.

sp1ttle on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    well no, I was saying, as far as I know, you can't "catch" cancer.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    brandotheninjamasterbrandotheninjamaster Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This sounds like the beginning of a House episode...

Disclamer: I am not a Doctor in any way shape or form.

The rash may be related to his fever, if its high enough and present for a few days then a rash accompanying the fever may be common. Thats just my opinion anyway.

Anyway, talk you dad into going to the Doctor ASAP. Thats rare advice coming from me because I usually aviod the Doctors myself and let things heal on their own. With those symptoms he should be making an appointment and/or going to the ER. Just because he's scared that he may have cancer is no excuse 'bury his head in the sand' and 'wait for this to blow over'.

brandotheninjamaster on
  • Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    A rash with/following a fever is not really that uncommon and there are many things it could be caused by, some harmless and some not harmless.

Short answer, he should see a doctor.

Daenris on
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    yea, you don't "catch" cancer like you can catch a cold.

But still, as is usually the answer on these threads: go see a doctor.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    He should see a doctor. Keep tabs on how hot the fever gets.

Dman on
  • Options
    ShankusuShankusu __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    This sounds an awful lot like mono

Which I have myself right now

point is, get him to a doctor and don't jump to conclusions

Shankusu on
  • Options
    WootloopsWootloops Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Take him to the hospital.

The list of things that include the symptoms rash and fever are quite long - best stay on the safe side and leave it to professionals.

Wootloops on
    steam_sig.png