As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Removing melted plastic(?) / sticker residue-stuff from glass?

ZetxZetx 🐧Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Some idiots slipped a flyer on the window of my car. I tried to just pull it out, but it turns out some of it melted onto the glass or something. I have no idea what's going on and I'm fairly frustrated (just a bad day in general) so... how do I get this stuff off? Should I just try and tear the rest of it out of the window? Ugh.

Here's a picture...
img0222ad8.jpg

(Also on another note, how would I remove sticker residue from the bumper of my car?) No suggestions involving things I have to plug in. I just moved into my dorm and the parking lot has no cover nor does it have outlets to plug things into.

Thanks guys.

76561197966849367.png
Zetx on

• Options
    rfaliasrfalias Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Rubbing alcohol and a razorblade.

I'll elaborate.

It will work for both.
    Saturate a rag with alcohol, and do your best to saturate the areas of concern, while it's still wet, use the razorblade. It should scrape right up.

You can substitute alcohol for nailpolish remover, acetone or mineral spirits

rfalias on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Get it professionally cleaned and send the bill to the idiots who put up the flyer along with a printout of that picture above. Take them to small claims if they refuse.

Yeah, that's dickish, but I hate people who flyer cars.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Get it professionally cleaned and send the bill to the idiots who put up the flyer along with a printout of that picture above. Take them to small claims if they refuse.

Yeah, I really want to do something like this, unfortunately, from what I noted, none of the other cars around me had the flyer and since this is the whole 'people moving in time, here, take some flyers about stuff' time of the year, I can already imagine whatever organization is behind this event will be like "oh, you just got unlucky and some douchebags decided to do this, ololol" :evil: ... we'll see....

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    CycophantCycophant Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    WD-40.

Odds are you probably have some lying around (and if not, you should) and it seriously removes adhesive and such better than most other things I've tried. And it won't affect the glass at all. Spray it on, let it sit for 20-30 seconds, then rub it off. If it's on pretty thick, take a plastic scraper to it (razorblades work, but take it easy).

Cycophant on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Zetx wrote: »

Yeah, I really want to do something like this, unfortunately, from what I noted, none of the other cars around me had the flyer and since this is the whole 'people moving in time, here, take some flyers about stuff' time of the year, I can already imagine whatever organization is behind this event will be like "oh, you just got unlucky and some douchebags decided to do this, ololol" :evil: ... we'll see....

Oh that sucks.

Goo Gone might work.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Too bad. They should have used materials and ink that wouldn't exactly turn corrosive at air temperature with the sun beating on them. YMMV and IANAL, but I'm sure they'd be totally liable in small claims for damages caused by their soliciting.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Oh that sucks.

Goo Gone might work.

That's my suggestion, plus, it smells nicer than rubbing alcohol or wd-40.

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?