Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 4e] Wake of the Hrannaseth: Check New Thread

Kayne Red RobeKayne Red Robe Master of MagicPhenix City (No, I didn't misspell that)Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in Critical Failures
Ye olde Backstory
65 years have passed since the time of troubles - the fall of the last great emperor at the hands of an invading Orcus, Demon Prince of the Undead. With the empire's armies thrown into the breach between this world and the Shadowfell, nomadic and barbarian tribes from beyond the Great sea to the West invaded and pillaged. Only recently have they left for their icy home beyond the waves.

Mandatory Worship of the Raven Queen now a thing of the past, local dieties and tribal religions are springing up to fill the gaps once held by the pantheon of the Raven Queen, Bahamut, and Corelleon. New territorial gods, bloodstained with faces painted with Woad, sit as graven images above the mantles of houses from Laonland on the North Coast, to the Pragonssen forest in the south.

One small hamlet clings to the old ways, and the old temple, now held together more with ivy than with mortar, still holds services for the three Old Gods of Death, Justice, and the Arcane. It's militia falters, but the people have entrusted their hope to 5 young adventurers, gifted with the spark of destiny, who have recently come of age in this small collection of faithful from every race...

You are the Heroes of Theafast.

Previous Adventures

Episode 1
Our intrepid heroes ventured into a heathen ziggurat in search of a missing little girl missing from Theafast. After many perilous adventures they defeated a demonic cultist and rescued the girl, along with a strange crystal. The elders of Theafast identified the crystal as a soul spark, although it's purpose remained unknown. The party resolved to follow up on a clue they found in the ziggurat, which the elders informed them was the emblem of the Blackrook clan of Dragonborn.

Episode 2 (Ongoing)
As they were readying to set out, the part was called to the gates of Theafast at the approach of a lone elf running from a horde of angry brigands. After the ruffians were handily dealt with the elf identified himself as Garrett, who was seeking to avenge his village, which he claimed had been destroyed by raiding Dragonborn of the Skybolt clan. Dismayed at the thought that his clan may have sunk so low, Zharash departed in order to discover the truth for himself, while the party went to investigate a mysterious ruin Garrett's village had discovered shortly before they were massacred.

The Party
Kuranes Human Wizard - dscrilla
Zharash Dragonborn Fighter - Kayne Red Robe (currently away from party while Kayne DMs)
Kilmihil Eladrin Ranger - Klepto
Kazarath Dragonborn Warlord - fletchsm
Grimrik Dwarven Paladin - Jebu
Gram Dwarven Cleric

The Time

Our usual meeting time is on Tuesdays at around 6:30pm PST, although we do occasionally meet other days if necessary.

Next Session
Friday September 19 at 6:30pm PST?

The Tools

We play with Maptool version 1.2.b32, which is the release candidate. So far no real issues have come up. We have attempted to meet up on Ventrilo, but most of us aren't very talkative, so if you don't have a mic or can't run Vent, you aren't missing a whole lot.

The Recruitment
We've heard nothing from asuma01 in quite a few sessions now, and nothing from enarch3t or Legionnaired in a couple, so we are looking at possibly three open slots here. I do have someone lined up for one of them, but attendance has been pretty shitty for about a month now, and I'd like that to stop. Characters are level 2 currently, will be level 3 shortly, and I'm pretty okay with whatever you decide to play.

Some notes, it would be best if your character worshiped one of the three true gods, but isn't required, also, the Hrannaseth barbarians were Tieflings, so if you want to play one, keep in mind the general populace, and possibly party, isn't going to be super firendly.

Kayne Red Robe on
«1

Posts

  • FletchsmFletchsm Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well I would be up for being either a cleric or a Warlord I guess. I am playing a Warlord in IRL and I am liking it so far, so if I can get you a character sheet by tonight or mythweavers or whatever. Would that be ok?

    Haven't used maptools yet, but I assume it is pretty straightforward. But I can mess around with that this afternoon too. Any starting equipment I should have if I am starting at level 2 other than the normal stuff?

    Just let me know.

    [GIR is disguised as a government agent]
    Gir: I am government man, come from the government. The government has sent me.
  • Kayne Red RobeKayne Red Robe Master of Magic Phenix City (No, I didn't misspell that)Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    That would be absolutely okay. Make sure you get the release candidate version of Maptool, the dev version has given people some buggyness. Nothing special other than the regular equipment for starting at higher than level one.

    Feel free to hit me up on whatever IM program you are most comfortable with, I'll be online most of today.

  • Kayne Red RobeKayne Red Robe Master of Magic Phenix City (No, I didn't misspell that)Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Alright, no game this week, but I got some good responses from recruitment, so we should have a pretty full roster for next week if the new folks turn out.

    (New folks: post your character sheets or pm them to me for addition to the op. Some character background is nice to, you have free reign more or less).

  • BandorrBandorr Registered User
    edited August 2008
    What would characters joining start as?

    I'm looking at the 4 character sheets and they are completely different. There is a level 3, couple level 2's and they all have different exp.

    Also im free on tuesdays up until 10 CST[so 8 PST]

    I plan on playing a tiefling warlock once i know how to set them up.
    What level, what exp, starting gold, items, etc.

    Also if "tieflings" seem to be the bad guy i could just make it a gnome if you prefer.

  • KleptoKlepto Registered User
    edited August 2008
    Good good. Nice to have a full roster again.

  • JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I've got a Dwarven Paladin ready to go once I know what level he starts at and I pick out some magic items for him.

  • dscrilladscrilla Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Hi I am back, Welcome to the new folks! Are we playing this week Kayne?

  • Kayne Red RobeKayne Red Robe Master of Magic Phenix City (No, I didn't misspell that)Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hell yes we are playing on Tuesday (Which I guess is today, stupid getting out of work at midnight). I dunno if the rest of the Tomb is quite long enough for a full session, so I guess I will see what I can do about a short mini-encounter chain after that.

  • JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Here's the paladin:

    Grimrik Drogon

    And some background:
    Grimrik grew up in a small dwarven community in the foothills of the mountains, and the greatest lesson his father ever taught him was about justice. Justice was everything to Grimrik's father, and it became Grimrik's entire world. While their community mostly worshipped Moradin, Grimrik's father was a leader in the small group that worshipped Bahamut, and they worked fervently to spread his message of honor, protection, and justice most of all to all the neighboring communities.

    Grimrik was never a strong dwarf, but he had a forceful personality that could not be denied. Originally he dreamed of becoming a cleric, and he wanted to spend his life healing the injured and preaching the glory of Bahamut. But one day, his father came to him and said that he would have to take another path. His father handed him a mighty axe and a set of ancient ancestral armor, and told him to train all day, every day, for the life of a paladin was his destiny.

    Grimrik followed his father's wishes, even though he privately had doubts, but over time his faith in his father and Bahamut forged him into an indomitable warrior, unshakable and immovable. Grimrik realized that he could protect the weak more than he ever could before, and he could bring justice as a guardian rather than a preacher.

    When the barbarian hordes came to his town, Grimrik was on the front lines with his father and dozens of other dwarves, holding off the enemy advance as the civilians escaped. Eventually the dwarven warriors themselves were forced to retreat, but Grimrik refused to move until everyone else was safe. His father beamed with pride and stayed at his back, and these two dwarves held back the barbarians at the town gate for hours, but there seemed to be no end to the heathens. Finally, during a brief moment of peace, Grimrik's father looked at his son and said, "The dragon calls you elsewhere. You must bring justice and honor back to this world. I know you will make your ancestors proud." Grimrik protested initially, but eventually bowed to his father's wishes and escaped the attacking hordes, vowing vengeance for his father and his hometown. He made his way to Theafast and is still trying to uphold his god's ideals in a world that has largely forgotten him.

  • dscrilladscrilla Registered User
    edited September 2008
    I will be there, Time?

  • Kayne Red RobeKayne Red Robe Master of Magic Phenix City (No, I didn't misspell that)Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    6pmish PST, I'll post when server goes up as per usual.

  • Kayne Red RobeKayne Red Robe Master of Magic Phenix City (No, I didn't misspell that)Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Server is up. IP is 72.192.145.119

    Not sure about vent, I'll poll people when ya'll show up I guess.

  • JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Server is up. IP is 72.192.145.119

    Not sure about vent, I'll poll people when ya'll show up I guess.

    Which port?

  • Kayne Red RobeKayne Red Robe Master of Magic Phenix City (No, I didn't misspell that)Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Heh. What you guys saw in a room:
    coffins2of9.png
    What I saw in the same room:
    coffinsxi1.png

    I really like being able to stack objects and make some of them invisible, so if I need to make it look like the coffins just opened up I can.

    Stand by for Arutha's Shield picture and stats, and a log of the conversation with Auruvayn, because it was hilarious.

    Arutha's Shield
    aruthascrestcq1.png
    Worn by Prince Arutha at the Battle of White Foal Pass, this shield was designed to protect him from the fiery darts of the enemy.
    Item Slot: Arms
    Power (Daily): Immediate Interrupt. You can use this power
    when you are hit by a ranged attack with the fire descriptor. Reduce the damage
    dealt to you by the attack by 15.

    Log:
    Kayne: Ah, there we go, continue)
    Grimrik: should I try to quietly open the door or just bust through?)
    Grimrik: actually, what kind of door is this anyway? stone?)
    Kuranes: i could trry stealth)
    Kayne: Stone)
    Grimrik: go ahead and try it)
    Kazarath: so probably won't open quietly anyways.. )
    Kuranes: athletics/stealth<br>[roll 1d20 +2+3 => 6 + 2 + 3 => 11]
    Kayne: The door scrapes softly against the stone flooring as Kuranes attempts to quietly heave it open.
    Kuranes: nope didnt open too quiet)
    Kazarath: heh.. )
    Grimrik: ok... corpses...)
    Kayne: Before you stands a large stone block of some sort, with a larger fire burning from no visible fuel on the top.
    Kayne: Sto moving for a second kindly)
    * Kuranes (takes 10 on a religion/history/arcana for a 19)
    * Kuranes 19
    Kayne: The fire gives of neither light nor heat, though there is an unearthly light radiating from some carven candelabras in three of the corners. The last corner looks like it collapsed recently.
    * Kuranes they almost seem to have been executed or something
    Kayne: Do you want to know about the altar or the Dragonborn first?)
    Kuranes: dragonborn)
    Kazarath: I would like to know about the dragonborn)
    Kayne: hree Dragonborn corpses are neatly lined up in front of the stone altar, there corpes are charred almost beyond recognition. It looks as though they were incinerated so quickly they didn't have a chance to draw their weapons.
    Kuranes: just treat me as taking ten on my knowlegde checks for a nineteen
    * Grimrik shudders. "Wha in Bahamut's name happened here?"
    * Kazarath stops in his tracks when he realizes this
    Kayne: The elves of Aurelia were known to have a certain respect for fire, due to their location and the prevalence of forest fires there. It is said that COrellion appeared before theem in the guise of a flame that did not burn once.
    * Kazarath peers around to find any source of flame or triggers other than the ones he sees readily.
    Kazarath: Perception Check
    * Kazarath rolls: 1d20+1 => 3 + 1 => 4
    Kazarath: awesome)
    Kuranes: Perception Check<br>[roll 1d20 +5 => 8 + 5 => 13]
    Grimrik: /golfclap)
    Kayne: Kazarath notices a large hole in the northeast corridor
    Kayne: *corner
    Grimrik: Perception Check:[roll 1d20+4 => 4 + 4 => 8]
    * Kazarath wipes drool from his chin
    Kayne: What are you two looking for/at?)
    Grimrik: I'm looking at the candleabra
    Kuranes: traps, source of flames)
    Kayne: Grimrik is not impressed by the stonework of the candelabra, it looks like it was melted or grown from stone, not carved. Cheaters. The candles and flames of the candles are all stone as well, thoug hthe light is still emanating from the stone candleflames.
    Kayne: Kuranes can barely discern a sort of sparkle from inside the flames, in the middle of the stone slab, some sort of small gem perhaps.
    Kazarath: inside the fire in the center?)
    Kayne: Indeed)
    Kayne: Also you may continue moving again)
    * Grimrik goes over to the ruined corner, wondering what caused the collapse.
    * Kazarath checks to see if this hole is the cause of the death of the spider on the first floor he was told about
    Kayne: Not the spider, that was fine, the elf zombies actually)
    Kayne: Peering down into the hole you can see the main hall of the ground floor, you can vaguely see some crushed elf corpses under the rubble
    * Kazarath looks around the floor wondering how stable the rest of the room could possibly be
    Kazarath: Perception Check
    * Kazarath rolls: 1d20+1 => 20 + 1 => 21
    Kuranes: doh)
    Kazarath: bah.. there better be something :) )
    * Kazarath approaches the center altar slowly checking trying to get a better look
    Kayne: While the floor around the hole seems to be crumbling slightly, you rcall the many pillars of the main hall, which is below this room, and the only one that seems to have been in any danger of collapse was the one under this corner.
    Kayne: How closely?)
    * Grimrik moves back to the corpses, wondering if there is some significance to the dragonborn's deaths.
    Grimrik: Relgion Check:[roll 1d20+6 => 14 + 6 => 20]
    Kazarath: that closely right now)
    Grimrik: Religion**
    Kayne: Grimrik can discren no religious signifigance for the Dragonborn's deaths
    Kayne: Kuranes cautiously approaches the altar, the fire crackles merrily.
    * Grimrik grunts. "Anyone know why in the hell this thing's here?"
    * Kazarath says "has anyone seen anything like this before?"
    * Kuranes examies the altar as best he can without getting too close
    Kayne: perc check)
    * Kuranes casts light near the altar to see
    Kuranes: Perception Check<br>[roll 1d20 +5 => 7 + 5 => 12]
    Kuranes: doh)
    Kazarath: you said there was heat coming off of the flames?)
    Kazarath: but no source of fuel)
    Kayne: The altar is a large slab of the same variety of stone that the rest of the tomb is constructed of, roughly four feet tall, and ten feet in length and width, it is polished smooth, and inscribed with some form of writing with which you are unfamiliar.
    Kayne: Anyone speak elvish?)
    Grimrik: not I)
    Kuranes: kilm)
    Kayne: Have Kilm make a perc check)
    Kuranes: Kilm percep [roll 1d20+7 => 7 + 7 => 14]
    Kayne: Halt
    Kayne: Perc check first)
    Kazarath: Pansies? 3 dragonborn dead in their tracks :D )
    Kazarath: shouldn't make stuff so scary)
    Kayne: Kilmihil can make out very little of the writings, they are in some dialect he is not familiar with. He does think he can make out the word "Arutha" multiple times though.
    Kuranes: i could do comprehend langugues if you think its important)
    Grimrik: let's wait to see what happens to Kaz)
    Kayne: As Kazarath approaches the altar the flames billow menacingly, and then coalesce into a ghostly figure.
    You're now impersonating Auruvayn's Ghost
    Auruvayn's Ghost: "Halt! Who dares to defile the tomb of Arutha Elf friend?"
    * Kazarath trys to talk the figure in Common "A simple adventurer looking to right a wrong, we mean no disrepect"
    Kuranes: Kilmihil attempts an old greeting in elvish)
    * Grimrik edges closer to Kazarath. "We mean no offense spirit. We respect the works of Arutha."
    Kazarath: can I try a diplomacy check while I was talking? )
    * Auruvayn's Ghost looks at Kazarath balefully, "Another Dragonborn? I have not forgotten the cowardice of your kind when Aurelia needed you. The last of your kind here were looters and dark of spirit, and have been dealt with."
    Grimrik: yeah, if we can, I'll try diplomacy as well)
    Kazarath: Diplomacy check
    * Kazarath rolls: 1d20+10 => 8 + 10 => 18
    * Kazarath "I am not part of these ones who had no honor"
    Auruvayn's Ghost: Whoa, slow down guys, I'm still sorting out who to respond to here.)
    Kazarath: heh)
    * Auruvayn's Ghost sneers at Kilmihil, "Eladrin scum, you dare to come here after your kind huddled in the Feywild when the dark ones came?"
    Auruvayn's Ghost: H'okay, Grim, make me a dip check)
    Grimrik: Diplomacy Check:[roll 1d20+4 => 2 + 4 => 6]
    Kazarath: umm has any race ever helped this guy?)
    Auruvayn's Ghost: This guy basically hates everyone)
    Grimrik: guess I should have used astral speech)
    Auruvayn's Ghost: ALthough I'd have to stretch to insult another elf)
    * Auruvayn's Ghost pointedly ignores the dwarf.
    * Auruvayn's Ghost looks back at Kazarath. "Hmm, perhaps not, you do not bear the same clan markings after all. Very well. I shall refrain from annihilating you; for the moment."
    Grimrik: can i make a religion check as a way of learning more about the ghost?)
    Auruvayn's Ghost: "Why have you come here?"
    Auruvayn's Ghost: Sure)
    Grimrik: Religion Check:[roll 1d20+6 => 2 + 6 => 8]
    Auruvayn's Ghost: You learn bubkis)
    * Kuranes ansewrs " we seek the creatues who attacked the nearby villiage"
    Kuranes: Religion Check<br>[roll 1d20 +8 => 5 + 8 => 13]
    Kuranes: eh)
    * Kazarath "Thank you kind lord, maybe you could possible help us right the wrong that was made against you and us"
    Auruvayn's Ghost: The religious habits of destroyed elven civilizations are beyond even Kurane's scholorly habits.)
    Auruvayn's Ghost: "I have no interest an any villages, my duty is to guard this tomb." He frowns, "This tomb that you are currently standing in in fact."
    * Kazarath "Do you know what these ones you have slain would want with this place?"
    Kazarath: did this guy come from the jewel in the center?)
    Auruvayn's Ghost: I guard many secrets, many secrets these interlopers may have desired. I suspect what they were after, but why should I help you?"
    Grimrik: I'm going to use astral speech and try diplomacy again)
    Auruvayn's Ghost: Go for it)
    Kazarath: does this guy look like he could pretty much wipe the floor with us?)
    * Grimrik feels Bahamut's power flowing through him as he speaks (+4 bonus to diplomacy checks), "We seek to right the wrong done by those dragonborn and bring justice back to this world. Just as Arutha fought for justice in his life."
    Auruvayn's Ghost: He's a elf ghost wreathed in flames, your call)
    Grimrik: Diplomacy Check:[roll 1d20+8 => 6 + 8 => 14]
    * Auruvayn's Ghost looks down, as if noticing the Dwarf for the first time.
    Auruvayn's Ghost: "Interesting. tell me dirt-dweller, where was your clan when the dark ones came? Some stood with us and the Empire, some fled and collapsed the entrances to their tunnels. Did your clan summon what passes for bravery among your kind?"
    Kazarath: heh)
    * Grimrik bristles. "My clan never fled in the face of evil. We stood against the tide of darkness with any who would fight."
    Kazarath: word)
    Auruvayn's Ghost: Basically this guys is going to be as insulting as possible no matter what you roll)
    Grimrik: duly noted)
    Auruvayn's Ghost: "Is that so?" He pauses for the moment, and Grimrik feels a sort of heaviness in the air around him for the moment, then it is gone.
    * Auruvayn's Ghost smiles, creapily.
    * Grimrik stares back at the ghost without fear.
    Auruvayn's Ghost: "Amazing! You actually appear to be telling the truth! Well I suppose not all of your kind can be so rampantly pathetic."
    * Auruvayn's Ghost gestures at the Dragonborn on the ground, "From what I could decipher from the minds of these scum, they came searching for a 'soul spark' which I imagine was what they, in their barbarity, would term the conduit that ties me to this place."
    Grimrik: i'm guessing that's the gem?)
    * Kazarath says "why would they need such a thing?"
    * Auruvayn's Ghost kicks at the gem in the center of the altar.
    Kazarath: I would think)
    * Kuranes "of course! i knew i recognised that gem!"
    * Kuranes an affront to the Raven queen, sacrileige and theft of the highest order
    Auruvayn's Ghost: "I neither know nor care why they would want it, but I am sworn to protect this tomb, so I cannot allow it to be removed just yet."
    * Auruvayn's Ghost peers at the party intently for a moment.
    * Kazarath "what circumstances would permit you to?"
    * Auruvayn's Ghost sits in midair and ponders for a moment, "I wonder..."
    Auruvayn's Ghost: At Kazarath's query he jumps to his, er, feet, and fixes the Dragonborn with a piercing look.
    Kazarath: I am coming back at 30 and killing this guy.. even if I do it in my head)
    Grimrik: haha, I am right there with you)
    Auruvayn's Ghost: "You said you were here to right a wrong. You are pure of heart?"
    * Kazarath stands tall "Always"
    Grimrik: "Of course!"
    * Kuranes if you can see into our souls you know we are not here to disrupt aurtha's legacy"
    * Kuranes legacy
    Kazarath: or kill him later)
    Kazarath: :D )
    Auruvayn's Ghost: The party feels the same heaviness Grimrik felt earlier, for nearly a minute, then it is gone.
    * Auruvayn's Ghost swivels to face Kuranes.
    * Kazarath shakes the feeling away
    Auruvayn's Ghost: "You are not devoted to the path of righteousness, but neither are you of evil intent. I suppose you will do for now."
    Auruvayn's Ghost: "You are familiar of course with Arutha's last stand? I suspect even the cretins who survived the wars would tell tals of such valor and wisdom."
    Kuranes: " we know he fought to defend the elves from the dark ones, and fell in glory"
    * Auruvayn's Ghost nods, "Indeed, that is what the tales should say."
    Grimrik: "A man who defends innocents is the greatest of heroes."
    * Auruvayn's Ghost breaks into a grin.
    Auruvayn's Ghost: "But hear me now, I do not guard here Arutha's corpse, I guard Arutha's secret. The last son of the Empire, did not perish at White Foal Pass. He lives, and with him lives the bloodline of a true Emperor, awaiting the day that the world is ready to be reclaimed."
    Auruvayn's Ghost: crap)
    Grimrik: man, he better not be a vampire or something)
    Auruvayn's Ghost: -ready to be reclaimed!"
    * Kazarath "How can we help in such a cause?"
    Auruvayn's Ghost: "If you are strong of heart, and wish to see the world restored to order, I am swor to reveal the location of Arutha's descendents to those who bear Arutha's armor, which was made for him on the eve of White Foal Pass by the finest smiths of Aurelia."
    Auruvayn's Ghost: "Seek you those, and the Empire shall be reborn stronger than it fell."
    Kazarath: I suppose it would be a bit much to just ask him where it is)
    * Grimrik "All of us pray for that day to come."
    Auruvayn's Ghost: You could try, but prepare to be insulted again)
    Kazarath: I hate him so much)
    Kazarath: looks like we might have to a little research)
    * Auruvayn's Ghost sneers, "No begone from my presence, I no longer can smell, but the very memory of what your kind smeeled like offends me."
    Auruvayn's Ghost: *Now
    * Kazarath "So we will find this armor and hopefully at the same time find out who is behind the attack and why they also wanted the armor"
    * Grimrik mutters, "Good riddance."
    You're no longer impersonating anyone
    Kayne: Note, finish exploring the tomb)
    Kayne: The ghost vanishes with a huaghty sniff, and the fires billow once more into full being
    * Grimrik "Shall we go investigate the other stairs?"
    * Kazarath we should look around some more to see if there are any clues to the armor, or relics that would helps us on the way
    * Kazarath nods
    * Kuranes aye, lets avoid the fate of theese fallen dragonborn"
    Kayne: (The Party gains 200xp, and a profound dislike for the elves of Aurelia))
    Kayne: 200 each that is)

  • FletchsmFletchsm Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So that ghost was a dick :lol: and I am glad we didn't get that first puzzle wrong.

    I had a fun time last night, looking foward to next session. Will try to get a lot more maptool macros made now that I know how to do it.

    [GIR is disguised as a government agent]
    Gir: I am government man, come from the government. The government has sent me.
  • dscrilladscrilla Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Tuesday approaches! Everyone ready?

  • FletchsmFletchsm Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I be. My IRL game fell through this weekend so I am jonesing to play.

    [GIR is disguised as a government agent]
    Gir: I am government man, come from the government. The government has sent me.
  • JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'll be ready. I'll update my sheet at some point to reflect the new shield.

  • Kayne Red RobeKayne Red Robe Master of Magic Phenix City (No, I didn't misspell that)Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Game day folks, here's hoping I stop procrastinating at some point in the near future and actually put together the adventure. :D
    (Don't worry, I will).

    Server should go up around 6.

  • Kayne Red RobeKayne Red Robe Master of Magic Phenix City (No, I didn't misspell that)Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Server is up, same info as last time.

  • dscrilladscrilla Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Hey Guys,

    I just found out i will be flying this Tuesday eve, I wont be able to make the game. So much for my first DM session. I could reschedule for Friday if that works for others.

  • WestWest Registered User
    edited September 2008
    By the by, I think you've already filled up but if you have any more openings im available.

  • Kayne Red RobeKayne Red Robe Master of Magic Phenix City (No, I didn't misspell that)Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    dscrilla wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

    I just found out i will be flying this Tuesday eve, I wont be able to make the game. So much for my first DM session. I could reschedule for Friday if that works for others.

    I can do Friday, but I can also run a game on Tuesday if necessary (a short one probably, unless we take all session on one combat again).

  • FletchsmFletchsm Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    dscrilla wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

    I just found out i will be flying this Tuesday eve, I wont be able to make the game. So much for my first DM session. I could reschedule for Friday if that works for others.

    I can do Friday, but I can also run a game on Tuesday if necessary (a short one probably, unless we take all session on one combat again).

    I was trying to think of what we could have done differently to make the combat go quicker during last session.. and I think a lot of it was bad rolls. But maybe there is something else we can try.

    I am also available for a Friday game this week.

    [GIR is disguised as a government agent]
    Gir: I am government man, come from the government. The government has sent me.
  • JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I actually have a birthday party to go to this Tuesday as well as another one on Friday, so I may not be able to make it to a session this week. You guys could just assume that Grimrik got drunk in the tavern and passed out for a few days. :D

  • dscrilladscrilla Registered User
    edited September 2008
    argh, could this be... indian summer?

    I posted in the IC thread

  • FletchsmFletchsm Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well I am out for tonight if that is when we were playing. Up in Ohio and we lost power on Sunday, still going strong 1880's style.

    [GIR is disguised as a government agent]
    Gir: I am government man, come from the government. The government has sent me.
  • dscrilladscrilla Registered User
    edited September 2008
    maybe we can spend some time in the In character thread to setup the story and such? Looks like we are missing this week. The IC thread features spell check, a log, and asynchronous communication. Its great for these situations.

  • Kayne Red RobeKayne Red Robe Master of Magic Phenix City (No, I didn't misspell that)Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    We on for today?

  • dscrilladscrilla Registered User
    edited September 2008
    I had a simple dungeon made but the total lack of updates made me doubt the game was on.
    I could do one this week, but with all the turnover I want to see what we are working with.

    Roll Call!
    Who is still in this Game?

    Also I would really like to make use of the IC thread for things like hanging in taverns and long discussions, saving Maptools for the action. If we continue I will post new OOC and IC threads for my tenure as DM.

    Holla so I know your out there players!

  • FletchsmFletchsm Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am still a go for tonight.. 10 minutes before hand. I really need to wait to drink the redbull till I know we are playing :rotate:


    Edit: Guess no game tonight. Will check back if it is still on at all tomorrow.

    [GIR is disguised as a government agent]
    Gir: I am government man, come from the government. The government has sent me.
  • KleptoKlepto Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Yeah just got home, dunno if we are on for later or what

  • KleptoKlepto Registered User
    edited September 2008
    eh well ill check back in a bit.

  • Kayne Red RobeKayne Red Robe Master of Magic Phenix City (No, I didn't misspell that)Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    dscrilla wrote: »
    I had a simple dungeon made but the total lack of updates made me doubt the game was on.
    I could do one this week, but with all the turnover I want to see what we are working with.

    Roll Call!
    Who is still in this Game?

    Also I would really like to make use of the IC thread for things like hanging in taverns and long discussions, saving Maptools for the action. If we continue I will post new OOC and IC threads for my tenure as DM.

    Holla so I know your out there players!

    I discovered while DMing that you can't really expect people to chat much in between games, there isn't much to talk about. Just stick with a regular schedule and update the day of or day before a game.

    Personally, I prefer to do my RP on the fly with Maptool (and most importantly, the other characters around), as I always spend way to much time trying to post and it never really works out.

    You are certainly welcome to make your own threads though, it's probably best for the DM to be able to update the thread.

    Edit: Obviously I am available for tonight, but I will check back in periodically.

  • dscrilladscrilla Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Hey Guys,

    Lets do a quick encounter with whoever shows up, I will build the tavern and we can RP there and get the plot rolling again.

    71.138.128.112

    see you there

    I see your point Kayne, we can just RP in maptools if that's what people prefer.

  • KleptoKlepto Registered User
    edited September 2008
    dscrilla wrote: »
    I had a simple dungeon made but the total lack of updates made me doubt the game was on.
    I could do one this week, but with all the turnover I want to see what we are working with.

    Roll Call!
    Who is still in this Game?

    Also I would really like to make use of the IC thread for things like hanging in taverns and long discussions, saving Maptools for the action. If we continue I will post new OOC and IC threads for my tenure as DM.

    Holla so I know your out there players!

    I discovered while DMing that you can't really expect people to chat much in between games, there isn't much to talk about. Just stick with a regular schedule and update the day of or day before a game.

    Personally, I prefer to do my RP on the fly with Maptool (and most importantly, the other characters around), as I always spend way to much time trying to post and it never really works out.

    You are certainly welcome to make your own threads though, it's probably best for the DM to be able to update the thread.

    Edit: Obviously I am available for tonight, but I will check back in periodically.

    yeah im horrible at RP. I think part of it is being new. but I think part of it is that my char is a taciturn eladrin racist, so im never sure what to say.

  • dscrilladscrilla Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Looks like we have 3 with us at least. How does Wednesday at 6:30 pm Pac time sound to everyone? I will be on then tomorrow, we can start of in a tavern like proper adventurers.

  • Kayne Red RobeKayne Red Robe Master of Magic Phenix City (No, I didn't misspell that)Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I can dig it.

  • FletchsmFletchsm Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Guess I should have logged back on last night. So today at 6:30 pst? I could swing that.

    [GIR is disguised as a government agent]
    Gir: I am government man, come from the government. The government has sent me.
  • dscrilladscrilla Registered User
    edited September 2008
    We are on for tonight. We are aiming for a 7:00 start time, but i will try to have the server up by 6:30 or so.

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.