As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] No chat, only war. And /special.

• Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    so will closed beta folk get merged into the open beta crowd? Or are we isolated on our deathsword server until launch?

Um, if you're on Deathsword you have access to two Clients. The Beta Client and the Normal Client.

Running the Beta Client lets you see and log into Deathsword. Running the Normal Client lets you see the current PW stuff, and will eventually be the Release Client.

If you don't have the Normal Client downloaded, you need to get it.

Selner on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Selner wrote: »
    so will closed beta folk get merged into the open beta crowd? Or are we isolated on our deathsword server until launch?

Um, if you're on Deathsword you have access to two Clients. The Beta Client and the Normal Client.

Running the Beta Client lets you see and log into Deathsword. Running the Normal Client lets you see the current PW stuff, and will eventually be the Release Client.

If you don't have the Normal Client downloaded, you need to get it.

No I think I have both

I just wondered if our CB characters would carry over into open beta so I could play with all the new people, or if I had to make a new character on the "nrormal" client

I assume I have to make a new Warrior Priest now eh

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ignore anything I ever said about anything. I sure do love Todbringer.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    going to go make a Sister of battle ripoff

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Does the animation set to "high quality" fix the thing with everything at range having butchered animations? I really hated that and want to turn it off asap.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Does the animation set to "high quality" fix the thing with everything at range having butchered animations? I really hated that and want to turn it off asap.

I think that is something you just have to put up with, as it exists so that large scale battles don't wreck everything ever.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    Damn it, now I'm at work. Are the fancy advanced graphics defaulted to on? Is AA in there? The game looked more AAed than usual. While the textures looked better I'm hopping for an even higher resolution version, even if I have to wait to install it from the disc. The world textures, where I was at, looked great but the dwarf beards and cloth could use a bump.

There are no higher resolution textures. What you have now is what is on the DVDs.

Mythic was too vague when they talked about having more graphics options, and people assumed that that meant higher resolution textures too. There's going to be a bit of a shitstorm about it. Mythic should have quashed those rumors to manage expectations.

grrarg on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

I think that is something you just have to put up with, as it exists so that large scale battles don't wreck everything ever.

I really hope not. Big battles, sure, fine, makes perfect sense there. But when you're just walking around the world in PvE areas and everything more than 20 yards away is a stop motion stuttering mess it just makes the game look like ass.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I don't really mind the choppy long distance animations

I do mind some of the very odd regular animations

For example, I just noticed how female warrior priests animate after they respawn. They kinda just float up all zombie like, sideways, from the ground. Pretty fucking odd. I also got stuck several times in a ballerina pose, which was hilarious

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    The fuck. Why am I not seeing any servers?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I really hope not. Big battles, sure, fine, makes perfect sense there. But when you're just walking around the world in PvE areas and everything more than 20 yards away is a stop motion stuttering mess it just makes the game look like ass.

Right, but impromptu, big battles can take place any time (and anywhere on open servers).

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    grrarg wrote: »
    Damn it, now I'm at work. Are the fancy advanced graphics defaulted to on? Is AA in there? The game looked more AAed than usual. While the textures looked better I'm hopping for an even higher resolution version, even if I have to wait to install it from the disc. The world textures, where I was at, looked great but the dwarf beards and cloth could use a bump.

There are no higher resolution textures. What you have now is what is on the DVDs.

Mythic was too vague when they talked about having more graphics options, and people assumed that that meant higher resolution textures too. There's going to be a bit of a shitstorm about it. Mythic should have quashed those rumors to manage expectations.

:(

Oh well, it was only a few textures on my low lvl dwarf that bothered me and even then it was only when the camera was super close.

Accualt on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

It's how DAOC was too. It's to help performance in 60v60 battles. I'm sure "high quality" sets it to 3fps for ranged animations instead of 1 :P

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Are servers up or not? I'm getting this blank screen with two buttons. No matter which I press, I don't get any servers to show.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    If you join a custom chat channel, make sure that it isn't being filtered out. They added filters for all channels since so many rightly complained about /1 spam, and it appears that all chat channels default to OFF.

Right-click on the chat window tab to find the filter list.
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Are servers up or not? I'm getting this blank screen with two buttons. No matter which I press, I don't get any servers to show.

They are up. That screen is supposed to recommend an underpopulated realm. Were you in the last preview weekend? They have not enabled all Open Beta accounts yet.

grrarg on
  • Options
    vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Servers were up for me an hour or so ago. I was seeing four servers North America servers, Crag Mere, Caledor, one other that began with a C, and Tyrion. They may be back down, or you may have a firewall popup in the background asking you to validate the updated WAR.exe.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    They are up. That screen is supposed to recommend an underpopulated realm. Were you in the last preview weekend? They have not enabled all Open Beta accounts yet.
    Yes, I was in the last Preview Weekend.

No, it's not a firewall issue.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    *waits impatiently for Amazon to send him his open beta code because he friggin' preordered, dammit*

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    NEVERMIND. Apparently, my friend had made an Elder copy of the game when he was on this computer.

See you all on the flip side.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MunacraMunacra Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dac wrote: »
    *waits impatiently for Amazon to send him his open beta code because he friggin' preordered, dammit*

Your codes will be in your personal media section under downloads in your Amazon account.

Munacra on
  • Options
    eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    so quick question

if i wanted to play the open beta

can i use the same client i did during preview weekend?

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It should work with some patching.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    DogthulhuDogthulhu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Are we on Todbringer?

Dogthulhu on
    MH3 - Thulhu
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Dogthulhu wrote: »
    Are we on Todbringer?

Yes. I'm just a spaz.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Are we on Todbringer?

Yes. I'm just a spaz.

This is why being up early is a bad thing.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to be on much until late tonight.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »
    Are we on Todbringer?

Yes. I'm just a spaz.

This is why being up early is a bad thing.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to be on much until late tonight.

Up early? What're you talking about. I got up yesterday at 8 am. ;P

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Damnit, I played a Witch Hunter during Preview weekend, but want to try something different (order side) this time, but none of the other classes really grab me. :?

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Damnit, I played a Witch Hunter during Preview weekend, but want to try something different (order side) this time, but none of the other classes really grab me. :?

I'm having the opposite problem.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So are we Order on Todbringer?

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

Try Destruction. Tentacles... horrors... crab claws... plenty of stuff really good at grabbing people.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I plan on trying a Marauder once open beta starts properly (a brother and some of his friends are going destruction and I'm gonna hang out with them too), but some other guys I know are going Order.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Candymancers are Order on Todbringer. TSM are destruction on Todbringer.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Candymancers are Order on Todbringer. TSM are destruction on Todbringer.

Isn't it one or the other now? So I actually have to make a meaningful choice WTF is this shit BLARGH.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Candymancers are.
    TSM is Destruction.

We will have an epic face off where in none of our members will be able to find each other on the battlefield and everyone will understand why having rivalries on the same server isn't really as much fun as you'd think.

On live we'll be back to two separate servers.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Candymancers are.
    TSM is Destruction.

We will have an epic face off where in none of our members will be able to find each other on the battlefield and everyone will understand why having rivalries on the same server isn't really as much fun as you'd think.

On live we'll be back to two separate servers.

Shh you don't need to clue everyone in.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    That's the stupidest idea ever, would be less gay if we just picked 2 servers.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    belaraphonbelaraphon michiganRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    none of the server rule sets let us carry both order and destruction characters on the same server?

belaraphon on
    belaraphon.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Yes, its lime, you wanna fight about it?

GalagaGalaxian on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Your face is the stupidest idea ever.

Burn.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    belaraphon wrote: »
    none of the server rule sets let us carry both order and destruction characters on the same server?

Nope, all are segregated. There is no equivalent to a WoW PVE server.

captaink on
This discussion has been closed.