As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Domain Transfer Issue

TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm trying to transfer my domain from Neosurge to GoDaddy. Account was set up with GoDaddy without any problems. When I start to go through the transfer authorization process, I'm asked to enter an authorization code.

Only, Neosurge did not send me the code. Well, ok, I open a support ticket - which seems to be the only way to communicate with them (cannot find a phone number, their "live support" link on their website never works). They close it a day or two later but do not email me anything - same thing when I sent a request to cancel everything last month.

The domain is not locked on my control panel with Neosurge.

Suggestions?

Tomanta on

• Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Are you sure you're checking the correct email address? I mean, you didn't like register with Neosurge under some other address that you aren't using anymore? That would be my first guess, because it's weird that they would close out your tickets without contacting you at all.

Daenris on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm sure. I'm getting the notification that the ticket was opened. And I've checked my spam folders. I also checked both email accounts under that domain just to be sure.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    YourFatAuntSusanYourFatAuntSusan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If they have an auth code setup for your name, you will not be able to transfer it out to GoDaddy. You will need to get this auth code from your current registrar.

It's also worth noting that the SSL Neosurge has on their billing section expired on August 14th.

YourFatAuntSusan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]