As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

microsoft points help

Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
well I'm feeling a touch dumb, I'm from the uk and recently moved to Canada, and recently took a trip to portland with my lady and while there I spotted some microsoft points cards (I don't want M$ to have my CC details) which are a little scarce around here, so I picked them up, got home, tried them out and....nothing, long story short, I didn't know that the cards would not work here in Canada, and now the crux of the problem...how do i get my points? there phone line is useless i did everything they asked , faxed the proof of purchase, the codes, the barcodes everything....and they still say there is nothing they can do... anyone out there have any better ideas than me wasting my time calling them or should i just take the hit?

oh and i did ask the retailer and they said it should work and there was nothing on the cards to suggest otherwise.

thanks for any comments.

6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
Angel177 on

• Options
    Raziel078Raziel078 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Maybe bitch to gamefaqs like that one guy who had his custom art wiped off his x-box by the repair people. Other than that just keep calling and emailing till someone helps you. I'm sure if worse comes to worse they can work out a USD to CD exchange rate on the points.

Raziel078 on
    I would like to put something clever and about me but I fear my company will find it
  • Options
    wasted pixelswasted pixels Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Your absolute best bet is to trade the code to someone for Canadian points. This isn't the best place to go about that, but many Xbox forums and bargain shopping forums (namely Red Flag Deals or Cheapass Gamer) have boards to facilitate this sort of thing. It's too bad you don't have the opposite problem, I have a ton of American points I can't do a darn thing with while I'm in Canada. :(

wasted pixels on