Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PAX: WaM molests Gabe, divorce to follow. Pic in OP. (Events in first 2 posts)

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    maybe next year i'll be able to afford pax

that'd be swell

It sure would.

League of Legends: Lamby Cakes | XBox Live: Jon Butters
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    gurusloth wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »
    anable wrote: »
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    I just wanted to jump in and say that even though I don't internet with most of you, the whole SE crew was a class act to me and I appreciated that.

you

you
    Spoiler:

For the tiniest SEer, you can hold your own at a bar. Much props on that. :P

You know I am gonna have to agree. The girl can drink.

I met sara and I accidentally bumped her drink

oh shit

for a moment, I thought she was gonna decorate that Jurassic Park game with my nutsack

aaahahaha I remember that

• sarukunsarukun Gornlord Interplanetary InsanitariumRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Javen wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    It's worth noting that Stale and I spent more on wine and food on sunday than 48 people spent on wine and food on thursday.

I'm thinking next summer to check your place out, by the way. Doing anything next summer? =D

Depends if I finish school this year. Honestly this whole thing, while potentially lucrative puts me between a rock and a hard place. I really, really don't want to be in boston anymore, but you can't really own a restaurant from across the country.

It doesn't have to be super long term, you can do it for a couple of years and then sell it.

That's the plan, honestly. I'm also starting to realize why the other guy bought out to begin with. I don't really want to be a part of some of the more shady business practices I'm becoming privy too.

We'll have to talk more in depth about this later, the restaurant business is something I'm super interested in but am kind of terrified of because of how notoriously difficult it is to survive in it.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    there was no coke in that rum and coke, Javen

to be fair I finished 90% of it in about 3 seconds and then took like a double tequila shot

you can kiss my bony ass

nice, you could be an english major

if anyone was wondering how I can drink so much and be fine the next day, this is the reason.

bar-cc-1.jpg
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    maybe next year i'll be able to afford pax

that'd be swell

satans you should come to an east coast thing

i was going to go to hershey but i don't have a job at the moment so it's not really feasible

edited September 2008
    It's worth noting that Stale and I spent more on wine and food on sunday than 48 people spent on wine and food on thursday.

I'm thinking next summer to check your place out, by the way. Doing anything next summer? =D

Depends if I finish school this year. Honestly this whole thing, while potentially lucrative puts me between a rock and a hard place. I really, really don't want to be in boston anymore, but you can't really own a restaurant from across the country.

It doesn't have to be super long term, you can do it for a couple of years and then sell it.

That's the plan, honestly. I'm also starting to realize why the other guy bought out to begin with. I don't really want to be a part of some of the more shady business practices I'm becoming privy too.

We'll have to talk more in depth about this later, the restaurant business is something I'm super interested in but am kind of terrified of because of how notoriously difficult it is to survive in it.

70% of restaurants lose money the first year, and fail entirely in the first four.

bar-cc-1.jpg
  • guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I just wanted to jump in and say that even though I don't internet with most of you, the whole SE crew was a class act to me and I appreciated that.

you

you
    Spoiler:

oh shit

for a moment, I thought she was gonna decorate that Jurassic Park game with my nutsack

aaahahaha I remember that

and yet I see you do not deny it

4445171660_a11796abb7_o.jpg
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY EVERY DAYRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    bombardier wrote: »
    tube gave me a big hug right before I left

true story

tubeshoe.jpg

TUBE IS YAHTZEE

FUCKIN' KNEW IT

xcomsig.png
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    k was like 'how are you even still alive, you're not sleeping and getting trashed every night'

and, well

i'm an english major

this is what i do every day

edited September 2008
    i was reading somewhere that the failure rate for restaurants is actually pretty similar to the general failure rate for small businesses

edited September 2008
    there was no coke in that rum and coke, Javen

to be fair I finished 90% of it in about 3 seconds and then took like a double tequila shot

you can kiss my bony ass

nice, you could be an english major

if anyone was wondering how I can drink so much and be fine the next day, this is the reason.

I really feel sorry for everyone who had to deal with me Friday morning

I partied so hard it took my body about 12 hours to catch up

edited September 2008

70% of restaurants lose money the first year, and fail entirely in the first four.

I've heard the statistic of 90% fail in the first three years thrown around. I have no idea how true it is, but that's the kind of fear that really grabs you by the balls.

• PotUPotU __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2008

you

you
    Spoiler:

oh shit

You're making it way too easy for me, guru

2mong9u.jpg
  • guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    PotU wrote: »

you

you
    Spoiler:

oh shit

You're making it way too easy for me, guru

bring the thunder

4445171660_a11796abb7_o.jpg
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sara these stories are making me a little bit afraid of you

should I be afraid of you

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anableanable Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

you were a pleasant surprise. I had no idea who you were going in but you turned out to be one of my favorite hangout people

I seriously think you're probably one of the nicest people I've met ever, so that was pretty great.

But not the nicest because you also met Nino.

Seriously. Nino is awesome.

edited September 2008
    I've heard the statistic of 90% fail in the first three years thrown around. I have no idea how true it is, but that's the kind of fear that really grabs you by the balls.

If it's an exaggeration it's only slight because it really is that rough of an industry.

edited September 2008
    The Geek wrote: »
    Every time I looked over at Anjin during dinner, he was facepalming.

Man, you hung out with Mori all over the place, and I never saw you, not once. I wish I had a chance to at least shake your hand. Maybe next year.

• anableanable Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

She is 105 pounds of fury.

edited September 2008

Sara is an absolute darling and don't let her tell you any different.

bar-cc-1.jpg
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    okay i can't keep sleeping like i'm still at pax

so later dudes/dudettes

edited September 2008
    Nino is my buddy

he is going to have a hard time getting rid of me at this point

edited September 2008
    there was a good article in the ny times recently about the restaurant business

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/27/dining/27fail.html?8dpc

edited September 2008
    oh good Nino will protect me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2008
    can we change the subject a bit guys

please?

bar-cc-1.jpg
    edited September 2008

She is 105 pounds of fury.

My thigh is as big around as her waist.

edited September 2008

Dang, thanks fingers.

• futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008

please?

woah we have the same name!

edited September 2008

Ok that woman is dumb as hell for trying to open a gumbo restaurant in Lorain, Ohio but I suppose you can assume that's one of common mistakes among failed restaurateurs. Wrong theme in the wrong place.

edited September 2008
    futility wrote: »

please?

man that seriously threw me the fuck off you have no idea.

first time I ever meet someone with the same name and it turns out they're a forumer.

bar-cc-1.jpg
    edited September 2008

Ok that woman is dumb as hell for trying to open a gumbo restaurant in Lorain, Ohio but I suppose you can assume that's one of common mistakes among failed restaurateurs. Wrong theme in the wrong place.

well the way to succeed is to find a niche and fill it

it's always hard to figure out what isn't there because nobody cares and what isn't there because nobody's tried, though

edited September 2008

please?

let's just keep talking about what an impressive person I am

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Not tests. They were trying to kill it.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
  • futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    futility wrote: »

please?

man that seriously threw me the fuck off you have no idea.

first time I ever meet someone with the same name and it turns out they're a forumer.

it was pretty weird yeah... everyone is just supposed to be named paul or alex

edited September 2008
    who's Nino?

lostwords

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2008

On the other hand, oversaturation is just as bad. Trying to open a gumbo place in Louisiana, or a brand new cheesesteak stand in Philly. You would be destroyed by the local institutions.

bar-cc-1.jpg
  • monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sara is pretty impressive, guys.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Not tests. They were trying to kill it.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    who's Nino?

lostwords

ohhhhhhh

edited September 2008

I don't know if I agree with that really; seems like her biggest mistake was counting on those hotels to bring in most of her business and they never materialized.

edited September 2008
    I heard Sara drank a bar clean of rum and then taught a dying hobo how to read

This discussion has been closed.