Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Dating and Sex

actifblueactifblue Registered User
edited September 2008 in Ancient Forum Knowledge
All right everyone, I know you all like to be helpful and pass on your knowledge to those in need so here's a chance for you to do it before anyone even asks. I've noticed a few dating related threads around here lately and everybody has some damn good adivce to dispense to the romantically challenged. So what I propose is that you all use this thread to just randomly throw some general tips around. Then if someone has a fairly simple question (ie: how do I talk to girls/boys. . . does this person like me. . . . where should I go on my date. . . should I wash my sheets after sex. . heh) they can check here before making a new thread about it.

Okay a few guidelines:

-general advice
-don't post your questions here; make a new thread in H/A
-don't fight about suggestions

bone edit: I went a bit berserk in here trying to pare it down to a reasonable number of pages. 12/18/03

actifblue on

• HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited October 2003
    First and foremost, in any relationship, communication is the absolute key. If you can't communicate, you may as well call it off. Because that results in keeping things from one another and lying, and things get ugly.

Also, sex doesn't always necessarily equal love. Some people, like myself for a while, make that mistake and problems arise. Still, sex in my opinion is to be taken a little more seriously than most take it.

Past relationships don't matter at all in your relationship with whoever. It shouldn't matter. All it does is tell your partner "Yes I slept with other people" or "I failed or have been in this many failed relationships."

I'm a bit groggy right now so not everything is coming to me. Oh yes, flowers on the first date is a nice gesture, not commitment.

"Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • phlegm_iiphlegm_ii Registered User regular
    edited October 2003
    http://www.sexinfo101.com (NSFW) has some decent...sex info.

• HoChiWaWaHoChiWaWa Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2003
    1)Confidence is sexy

2)"Be Real" no one likes to find out you aren't who you portrayed yourself to be

3)You find love most often when you aren't looking

i've got to get back to work... i'll put some more in later

• bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA
    edited October 2003
    http://www.plannedparenthood.com/

When in doubt about contraception or STD transmission, find a local center, get an appointment, and talk to a professional.

Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • Optimus WangOptimus Wang Registered User
    edited October 2003
    Be yourself. Trying to impress someone by being someone you ARE NOT does not work.

Din wrote:
    I'd be Optimus Wang, and come out with just a bathrobe on and drink maple syrup out of a coffee mug.
    ani-me.jpg
  • ZclyhZclyh Registered User
    edited October 2003
    When looking for effective condoms, do some research. Check out online facts and ask people about their experiences with brands they have tried. What I have found is that Trojan is not a good brand. I remember several conversations I have had with some strangers who have introduced me to their kids as "the effectiveness of a Trojan". Guess that's why they are called Trojans. Think about that for a moment. It's a thinking joke.

Back on topic, most, if not all, of my freinds, as well as myself, use Lifestyles condoms. They have a pretty good variety out there, and they, in our cases, always work (read: never break). I would recommend Ultra Sensitive Lubricated, with Spermicidal Lubricant if you can find it. The U.S.L. series really do feel like you are wearing nothing at all, yet are still pretty resistant to breakage. On those "special occasions", I recommend trying out Ribbed or even Studded. :wink: :^:

In any case, no matter what brand you choose, remember: Lubricated means it's less likely to break, and try to couple the condom with another contraceptive, such as spermicide or even Birth Control Pills when applicable.

Always be aware of the consequences of your actions, however. Safe sex is never truly safe. But it is good to take precautions. :^:

• DynagripDynagrip destroy everything you touch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2003
    Alright...since I was politely asked.

Learn to Hate

Well, I've found that in dating so far that things frequently don't work out for whatever reason. Sometimes you see this coming and agree it was for the best. Other times, well, it's clear the other party was an inconsiderate bitch and you should wish some sort of gruesome death upon them.

For instance...Cancelling a fucking date by e-mail. First of all, never ever do this. Secondly, at least make sure you actually send the goddamn e-mail. If you leave my ass sitting in downtown and waste my Saturday, I'm going to hate you. I will not want to be your friend, no matter how nice and funny you say I him. Because you know, people who fuck me over aren't friends, they're people I get even with.

Also, when it doesn't work out you may find yourself asking why. Don't do this. Just start looking for flaws with the other person and assume it's all their fault. Otherwise you'll hear shit like, "Oh you were likeable, I just thought you were too casual if anything." Hey you goofy bitch, you told me to dress down before the date. You're also the one who shared your neurotic stories about hiding out in checkout lines from your boss. What the fuck is too casual?

So as you see, once you stop pining over your missed opportunities and learn to dislike, no, even hate them, you'll get over things a lot faster and be able to move onto the next prospect. Don't hate them right away though, there'll be plenty of time for that later when they ditz out on you.

gusinrepose.png
    edited October 2003
    Oh come on, it was good advice.

gusinrepose.png
    edited October 2003
    Well, I've recently had a few friends ask me about this, so I'm gonna post some things about The Period.

In many cases The Period may seem like a gift from hell. But it doesn't have to be. As my friends and I have found out, most (not ALL) women, for one reason or another, get hornier when they are experiencing The Period. The problem that many guys have is that we cannot do anything about it.

Or so it would seem.

If the cards are played right and evry single precaution is made, then it is very possible to engage in sexual realtions while she is on The Period.

First, both of you have to be willing to try this. No exceptions. Make sure you are both ready to stand the sight of blood. 'Cause it'll be there. And it'll be messy.

Second, take every precaution you can. Use as many birth control devices as you can. Condom, pills, spermicide, whatever. Realize what you both are doing is taking a MAJOR risk. She is more suseptible to the dangers of pregnancy, and trust me, you don't what that. Also, lay something down to absorb the blood, unless you decide to fuck in the shower. :wink: :^:

Third, once you are ready, engage. BUT remember to use foreplay first. The great thing about The Period is that her sexual organs are more sensitive than normal. This is a double-edged sword. Nibble, but DON'T bite. Insert, but DON'T pound. I'm speaking from experience here, okay. I think I still have the bruises...

When you both are done, don't forget to clean up. What I would suggest is that the guy take care of the clean up. And you should. She's still cramping, don't forget. So don't be an inconsiderable prick and take care of the messy stuff.

That's it. While having sex while she is having her Period can be fun, don't make a habit out of it. The risks can and will be too great. What I would recommend is not try it out at all. This guide is mainly for those guys/girls who absolutely have to do it, whether they want to or not. Ladies, if you are reading this, remember that it is still YOUR body. If you feel uncomfortable with it, then you don't have to do it. And, guys, don't push it. You can try to sugggest it in a CARING manner, but if she says no, then let it go.

If you have any questions you can PM me. I'm usually on between 12 a.m. - 6 a.m. PST. I'll try to help any way I can.

• VooshvazoolVooshvazool Registered User
    edited October 2003
    Learn to cook. I don't care whether you're male, female, or terribly confused; it's attractive and useful. If you can bake him cookies, or make her soup when she's sick, you get instant points--when you're just starting to date, being willing and able to cook dinner for someone is a gift and will be seen as such.

I also recommend juggling as a skill to start conversations with pretty people, but that's just me.

vooshsig.jpg
    edited October 2003
    Zclyh wrote:
    Second, take every precaution you can. Use as many birth control devices as you can. Condom, pills, spermicide, whatever. Realize what you both are doing is taking a MAJOR risk. She is more suseptible to the dangers of pregnancy, and trust me, you don't what that. Also, lay something down to absorb the blood, unless you decide to fuck in the shower. :wink: :^:

The risk of pregnancy may or may not be greater when a girl is bleeding, but you absolutely must remember that that's blood. Anything she's got (HIV, hepatitis, and--my favorite--ebola), you can catch, even if you're as careful as can be. STD tests are a good idea in general, but you'd do best to make sure that you're both clean before playing around with your health like that.

Oh, and period-fucking is actually really good for most girls' cramps.

Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
    edited October 2003
    Yeah I agree with ya on that. This sort of advice is more aimed towards those couples who really know each other. Remember to get tested regularly kids!

edited October 2003
    smell nice. Smell has a lot to do with attraction, when it comes down to brass tacks.

not too much deoderant. Just make sure you wash those pits and have 'em smellin nice.

And ladies, your shampoo is often enough to make you smell nice.

Din wrote:
    I'd be Optimus Wang, and come out with just a bathrobe on and drink maple syrup out of a coffee mug.
    ani-me.jpg
    edited October 2003
    Here's something, I don't know if it's been said...

The biggest thing for guys, don't be a chickenshit. If you like the girl, ask her out. If you want to kiss her, go for it. I don't know how many fucking opportunities my cowardice has cost me. It's only been recently that I've gotten over my fear of girls and adopted a "fuck it" attitude. You need to be relaxed and not worry about it. Now, keep in mind I've lost this fear due to a string of quite bad dates. I realized that it's not always my fault. Girls fuck up too and many of them are downright psycho. Don't let any temporary setbacks keep you down for long. Stick and move.

If she likes you back, she'll ignore botched delivery and think it's cute. If she doesn't like you, then you've lost nothing from making a move of some sort. Instead you've gained a valuable bit of experience handling rejection and you'll be better prepared for the next time.

gusinrepose.png
  • Mr. PimbletonMr. Pimbleton Registered User
    edited October 2003
    Learn that if she doesn't stop talking about herself at all moments, constantly preens herself in front of mirrors and never carries her wallet out on dates that you my friend are the First Bank of Her. You're going to be paying this high-maintaince girl's material world, and it's a good idea to never date this girl. The moment you run dry she will leave you for a larger account, perhaps one with a 401k too.

Just my experience. :wink:

• actifblueactifblue Registered User
    edited October 2003
    If you get into a fight, or just fuck up really bad be CALM!
    Don't blame the other person, that makes it a lot worse. You can be bigger than that. The minute you know he/she is mad as hell at you apologize, even if he/she won't talk to you. Don't get mad.
    something like "I am so sorry that I did that." works well, don't be sorry that the person is upset, be sorry that you made a mistake. If it was so big that it could damage your relationship tell the person that he/she means a lot to you. Don't get all weepy and stupid, because you'll feel like an ass later if that person dumps you. "Look, I screwed up really bad this time, and I know I did. And I'm sorry. But, please, you mean a lot to me. I would never want to ruin our relationship. I'm sorry, you can call me when you want to talk."
    That always works for me. And if he/she doesn't want to talk to you at that moment, you have to respect that. You can't call and harrass him/her it'll just piss that person off. Don't send presents, that's patronizing, makes someone feel like you're trying to buy him/her off. And yeah it's agony to have someone you care about not want to talk to you and even the possiblility of that person hating you forever, but it's something you have to deal with. And during that time make sure you hang out with a lot of other people, meet some new people(not for a relationship, just to meet people).
    I'm not sure what to say about drinking a whole lot during the time you're away from that person. Don't drown your sorrows in a bottle especially alone. If you think you're going to start crying into your Bud at a party you're going to look like an asshole, so don't drink .Try to be happy when you're out with friends, don't think about him/her. And one thing, don't get fucked up, you need to be able to walk out of your friend's house/bar/party alive.

But yeah, the best things you can do are
    A)say you're sorry
    B)give the other person as much time as they need
    C)Go outside with your friends
    -if you don't have any, go out and meet some, loser!

If they don't forgive you
    MOVE ON! And remember what you did, so next time, you won't ever do it again
    You can be sad, but only to a point, don't let it ruin your life.

• Darkness MundusDarkness Mundus Registered User regular
    edited October 2003
    Not even in the 20th post and already onto fights. For shame. This is the worst relationship ever. . .

We'll call this one for guys.

If you're in high school: Relationships are strikingly close to useless, and the amount of experience they give you can be equalled by probably one decent week-long post-high school relationship, so don't be too worried about those quasi-physical comfort-style experiences short of gaining a few cheap thrills. Generally, they end.

If you're in it for something besides the sex, which, believe me, is a fairly fleeting practice, then try caring? Yeah. That sounds good. Get to know whoever it is you're after. Ask things every now and then. The fact that you understand them more and remember more about them will eventually show her that you actually give a fuck, as opposed to whomever else may be trying to get laid.* Not often would I suggest dating someone you don't know at all. The success ratio isn't exactly the greatest. So that's my single bit of advice in the enormous scheme of things: care. Yeah.

If you're trying to get laid, and only that, might I suggest getting drunk with some equally drunk people. No matter who you are, that seems to work a bit better than it really should. . .I hate the world. :D

*Eh. This might lead to the friend zone. And by might I mean is likely to. It's all about the timing structure of things. If you don't act fast enough, some guy with a tendency towards alcohlism will snatch her up. If only there were easy answers. . .

edited October 2003
    There are these things called 'abusive relationships.' Should you find yourself in one, my advice is to get out of it. Even if the sex is really, really good.

Rogue helicopter?
  • Sacrificial LambSacrificial Lamb Registered User
    edited October 2003
    "My girlfriend is so sweet. She fakes orgasms because she thinks i give a damn"

Dont be an asshole, Sex is about both of you, not just yourself. U gotta pace yourself and god willing, take a break if ur getting to close. Dont just jump in there either, gotta have some foreplay.

edited October 2003
    Men don't understand hints.

We really don't.

If you ladies want us to understand how you're feeling, tell us, because when it comes to all that touchy-feely crap, we're stupid. Very, very stupid. Or gay. Or both, they're not mutually exclusive.

Din wrote:
    ani-me.jpg
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA
    edited October 2003
    If you find yourself at a fetish ball remember these three things:
    If she's wearing spikes she's a dominatrix. That means she'll get off on hurting you. If you're into that, look for one without any friends and ask her if you can buy her a drink.
    If she's wearing rings on leather chokers and bracelets, but no spikes, she's a submissive. Buy her a drink.
    If she's wearing both rings and spikes, she's an idiot who doesn't know what she's doing or how to dress and is probably best avoided because she'll probably end up screwing up and hurting you in a way you'd rather avoid.

And always, always always always, give head first. It's the easiest and most efficient way to check for STD's she may have told you she didn't have. If she's between 18 and 24 and American, there's a 1 in 5 chance you'll find herpes.
    Also, if she's clean, she'll be better encouraged to do well when she's returning the favour.

If this information disgusts you, don't go to fetish balls looking for girlfriends. Oh, and avoid goth bars, too.

Remember kids, just because she's easy doesn't mean she's worth it.

IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
    edited October 2003
    bone daddy wrote:
    A) You forgot switch-hitters.

B) Dental dams.

A) Indeciveness is a flaw.

B) Good point. But I was expecting that such precautions would be taken with strangers. The main point was pointing out a good way to discretely check out the lay of the land before leading the charge into enemy territory, if you will.

edited October 2003
    bone daddy wrote:
    Pheezer wrote:
    Good point. But I was expecting that such precautions would be taken with strangers. The main point was pointing out a good way to discretely check out the lay of the land before leading the charge into enemy territory, if you will.

Cold sores suck less than dick sores, but they're just as incurable. It pays to play it safe, no matter what type of sex you're engaging in.

I'd pray that anyone reading this would know better than to start making out with a chick who's got open sores in or around her mouth. Good fuck, don't be so desperate, people.

• Hybrid-HaloHybrid-Halo Registered User
    edited October 2003
    Just a small point I don't think I've seen mentioned yet.

In regards to sex, choosing the right condom is almost as important as technique. We are all shaped slightly differently in the downstairs area (us guys) and so different types of condoms will fit better accordingly.

Also, some condoms are thinner than others allowing for more sensation. Making sure both you and your partner have sex that feels good for starters is a pretty big necessity if you're in a relationship involving sex.

My advice for relationships is to always be yourself, even if you're a geek or a jerk or whatever. Someone will genuinely like you for who you really are and those people are the ones worth holding on to.

Well, I hope some of you out there can find someone like I have. I'm a sweet 19. So no marriage ideas just yet. But I'm in the best relationship of my life right now, hands down. :D
    now.... on your marks... set.... go find yourself a soul mate.

edited October 2003
    Pheezer wrote:
    bone daddy wrote:
    Pheezer wrote:
    Good point. But I was expecting that such precautions would be taken with strangers. The main point was pointing out a good way to discretely check out the lay of the land before leading the charge into enemy territory, if you will.

Cold sores suck less than dick sores, but they're just as incurable. It pays to play it safe, no matter what type of sex you're engaging in.

I'd pray that anyone reading this would know better than to start making out with a chick who's got open sores in or around her mouth. Good fuck, don't be so desperate, people.

Herpes is the virus that causes cold sores (outbreaks on the oral mucous membranes) and genital herpes (outbreaks on the genitals). Both are incurable. There are two Simplexes ( I and II), which tend to be the cause of oral and genital herpes, respectively. You can, however, have sores caused by Simplex I on your genitalia and sores caused by Simplex II on your mouth. You can both infect and be infected with herpes via oral sex. If you go down on someone while you have an active cold sore, they can wind up with a case of genital herpes. If you go down on someone with genital herpes, you can wind up with a cold sore.

Incidentally, the same thing works with warts. It's just not nearly so easy.

Rogue helicopter?
    edited October 2003
    bone daddy wrote:
    HoChiWaWa wrote:
    oh and bone daddy... your right about all that STD stuff... but did you know there is a HPV(warts) vaccine... its just not on the market yet.... but it works

Good to know. 'Liquid nitrogen' and 'genitalia' don't belong in the same sentence.

There are also vaccines for all three types of Hepatitis, though the Hep C vaccine is not widely available and can have nasty side effects.

ya this one is relitivly new so they still need to document the side effects... but it is a working vaccine... you may not have heard about it because it was often called a vaccine to a cancer causing virus in the media who were to scared to talk abot VD on the air... i actually sent an email to my morning news guys while they were on to get them to clarify to people that HPV=warts not cancer... even if HPV like triples the cervical cancer rates in females it should be called what it is known as by the people

edited October 2003
    Well, it does make sense. Warts? Not a big deal. You go to a doctor, the doctor treats them. The virus causing the warts tripling your likelihood of developing certain types of cancer? Big deal. It's the difference between an inconvenience and a potentially fatal disease. Sort of like the difference between a sunburn and melanoma.

I'd actually heard something about them trying to develop it, but not that they'd actually gotten it to work and were close to marketing it.

Rogue helicopter?
    edited October 2003
    well the tripled thing i pulled out of my ass but i know it greatly increases... but bottom line is people don't know what HPV is (i mean i do and some do but not most) they know it as genital warts... i'm not saying downplay the cancer thing just tell people what it is... what they know it as

btw i said recently.. as in within this past year forget exactly when... i didn't have my licence back yet at the time so its before the summer at least... it may hit market kinda soon

edited October 2003
    Speaking of HPV.

If you're in college, there's a good chance you have it and you don't know it.

The warts appear in a very, very, very tiny percentage of sufferers. The VAST majority of carriers DO NOT know that they have it and never will.
    HOWEVER.

In women, it CAN, rarely, cause a condition known as displaysia (sp?). Regular gyno visits will detect it at the beginning. In MOST cases, it reverses itself within 3-6 months. If it does not, it is easily treated with minor surgery.
    If it goes untreated for a long time, in the magnitude of about 5 years, it can turn into a form of physical cancer.
    Remember, this is in women, and is highly rare, and is only possible if she doesn't visit a gyno in over 5 years. Which is a good way to run into all sorts of trouble.

How did I learn all this? Because my girlfriend, the one who was a virgin when she met me? Yeah, turns out I gave it to her. GO ME.
    It's not an STD, it's a sexually transmitted BACTERIA. Not a disease, and like I said, most college students have and almost none actually get any of it's complications.
    It's rare enough that in Canada there hasn't been a test or treatment developed for it, only for the complications, which are all that really matter anyhow.

So now you all know thanks to my REPREHENSIBLE PAST.

edited October 2003
    http://www.plannedparenthood.org/sti/HPVfacts1.html
    http://www.plannedparenthood.org/sti/Warts.html
    What is HPV?
    HPV stands for human papilloma virus. There are more than 100 types of HPV. Some produce warts - plantar warts on the feet, common hand warts, juvenile warts, butcher's warts, and genital warts.
    About 30 types of HPV can infect the genital area - the vulva, vagina, cervix, rectum, anus, penis, or scrotum.

Some types may cause genital warts.
    Some types may cause changes in cells. These types increase the risk of cervical and certain other cancers.
    Most types seem to have no harmful effect at all.

If you didn't know you had it, what happened is unfortunate. But you're hardly Hitler. It's just a case in point of why it's a really good idea to wear condoms--it could have been a lot worse.

However, it's always good to check, kids. A doctor once told me that wetting a washcloth with vinegar and wrapping your dick in it for a few minutes will turn warts white, even if they're not raised yet. Something about the infected tissue being more porous. I have no idea how medically accepted this is, or if it's just a rule of thumb, but there it is.

Rogue helicopter?
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2003
    Nothing on masturbation yet.

If you're beating off, don't mash your little monkey. If you find yourself gripping real hard, you're going to ruin it for when you're actually with a woman. Slow down, start doing it nice and slow (or at least lighten your touch), and you'll find that the sex keeps getting better and better.

This I know from experience. I used to blame the lack of sensation on condoms, but a little research and some usage of my thinking head brought me to the realization that I was trying to remove my wang every time I wacked off.

It'll do ya wonders. Although, in my own defence, I NEVER EVER have cum early. It's the not cumming at all that I suffer from :cry:

*goes off to hide in the corner*[/b]

edited October 2003
    No human can compete with something that runs on batteries or is made of plastic. It is unfair to expect it, and under no circumstances should you try to plug your lover into the wall in an attempt to recharge them.

Rogue helicopter?
    edited October 2003
    Hah. Well put.

Lovers->Friends is possible. The other way around always screws up for me. You may get a little sex out of it but it always ends quickly and badly.

edited October 2003
    gotta be careful where you stick it i guess eh? :)
    can't necessarily say that condoms are the answer to all these questions cuz it's not too hard to get a bacterial infection even if you use a condom. maybe people should just start getting blood tests before they fuck? (like how it is before marriage now?)... then pray nobody cheats eh?

i duno, in retrospect i think people are making sex out to be something much bigger than it is. why feel pressure to fuck just cuz you're horny? go spank it if you're not sure whether or not your partner is clean...

must sound naive :) oh well. all i can say is that if i met a girl that didn't wana fuck, that'd be fine.

edited October 2003
    Indeed. There are reasons galore other than sex to be with a woman.

edited October 2003
    There's a lot more to sex than just getting off, though. This is why people don't just buy a vibrator or a Realdoll and have done with it, and why couples who are saving it for marriage still engage in non-intercourse activities with one another. If you actually care about the person you're with, even just masturbating together is superior to masturbating alone.

Rogue helicopter?
    edited October 2003
    I like to snuggle with a girl. They're very snuggable. :wink: :oops:

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase It's all in the game though, right?Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2003
    Advice, don't get married young unless you know for sure it is right. I thought it was right, I had some doubt, but I thought that was just jitters. I was wrong.
    Make sure you have something in common with your future spouse. Don't assume that love is enough. Sometimes it takes more, I am loving proof of that.

edited October 2003
    Well, then, to all those guys that think snuggling sucks THINK AGAIN!

After sex, while watching TV, at the movies, etc. remember that women love to snuggle/cuddle! It'll score extra points, but soon you will grow to love it too! Hell, I'm no longer in a relationship right now, but I wish I had someone to snuggle in bed with after a hard day's work. Remember, it brings you two closer, building intimacy and trust. :^:

edited October 2003
    Pheezer... you are generally intellegent and often correct... but HPV is NOT a bacteria... guess what the V stands for... Virus

as for the commonality of STDs... in ANY major american city 1 in 3 people has a STD