Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Dating and Sex

2»

• Optimus WangOptimus Wang Registered User
    edited October 2003
    be readily adaptable to your lover's ways. My current gf is the mental equivilent of a guy, so it's no poetry and flowers for her. Just punches on the shoulder and a good ribbing* here and there.

*take that whichever way you will.

Din wrote:
    I'd be Optimus Wang, and come out with just a bathrobe on and drink maple syrup out of a coffee mug.
    ani-me.jpg
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited October 2003
    The way to a woman's heart is telling her what she wants to hear in a very fancy way. Poetry is the basic example. But it can also be done in a monologue or speech. The prettier sounding or more deep metaphors work like a charm.

And I can prove it. I just got my ex to finally hear me out and she's willing to talk to me again.

"Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • HoChiWaWaHoChiWaWa Registered User, ClubPA
    edited October 2003
    Meldlm wrote:
    bone daddy wrote:
    HoChiWaWa wrote:
    i want everyone to know that sodomy does NOT i repeat does NOT mean anal sex...

it means amoral/abnormal sex... it is most often used to refer to anal sex and beastiality (according to dictionary.com)

Oral sex tended to be covered in state anti-sodomy laws (currently being made the Supreme Court's bitch) as well.

You can't legislate bedroom behavior...but the U.S. sure does like to try, don't it? :D

exactly... reciving felatio and giving cunnilingus are all parts of my persuit of happiness

• eh steveeh steve Registered User new member
    edited October 2003
    three basic rules for meeting women 'in the wild'.

1. NEVER offer to buy her a drink.

2. NEVER ask her to dance.

3. And never, ever, under ANY circumstances do you tell a woman you've just met that she's beautiful.

You may as well puke on her shoes. She'll view you the same way.

Just say 'hi' and be yourself. Don't be afraid to talk to them. Make and maintain eye contact. Smile. Be yourself. If you try to act like someone you're not you'll A) fail, girls can see through that because it's been tried a million times before and B) if you DO manage to somehow trick the girl into thinking you're someone you're not.. how is starting off things with lies laying the foundation for anything but a disaster?

Be funny. Establish physical contact early - Don't tackle her or dry hump her, but touch a shoulder or a hand. It breaks an important barrier. Be cocky, but not a jerk. Get her to by -you- a drink. Ask for her email address if she says she doesn't give out her number. If she asks you for your number, just smile and say that you're old fashioned and would prefer to just call her. If she still won't give you her number, smile and say it was nice meeting her (in a genuine way, do not be bitter or act like a jerk because a girl had the audacity to say 'no' to you.. that's weak) and head back to your friends.

Don't fear rejection. If she's rude or snubs you just smile and say "It was nice talking to you" and walk away.

Don't latch onto her, don't CLING. Meet, talk, make a good impression, get her number and then BREAK. Remember, you're there NOT to pick up women, you're there with your friends who you're anxious to get back to.

Be disinterested, be a challenge. That goes back to the three key rules - by doing any of those three things (beautiful, dance, drink) you've surrendered everything about yourself.

The belief that nice guys don't get girls (aka girls only go for jerks) is a LIE. CONFIDENT guys get girls. It just so happens that the majority of sensitive, nice guys aren't very secure or confident. And most jerks ARE confident because they don't care.

Do not be used or set up, if a girl is disrespectful, just smile and say thanks for the chat/drink/whatever and leave.

And don't get "latched" onto one girl, there's no faster way to run "the girl of your dreams" off than by fixating on her. You will reek of desperation and predictability.

It works, for real.

one addition - if you're out to approach the hottest girl in the room, the one who is off the hook and knows it, then don't be afraid to tease. Girls who are that hot are completely aware of it. They get told so endlessly by an equally endless parade of guys every time they set foot out the door. Tell her you think her hair extensions are nice, that you can 'barely see the weave'. Or tell her you know someone that can take care of the dyejob problem she has. But you have to say this stuff in a way that makes it clear you're joking. And don't do this stuff to everyone. A lot of girls will take this the wrong way, especially if you leave any trace of ambiguity about being serious or joking.

Talk to girls a lot. All over, just talk and listen. The more comfortable you are with approaching women then the easier it is to find your confidence when you see a girl that makes you say 'woah'.

• HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited October 2003
    One thing I notice is that everyone talks about "My type." That's something that can seriously hold you back. A lot of people set high standards for themselves. And no offense, but women do this quite often. Too many of my female high school friends didn't date for a long time because they believed their first boyfriend had to be Prince Charming, the one, etc. I finally managed to talk a couple of them out of it and they're happily in relationships right now.

But yeah, get over petty things like hair color or ethnicity. Hell, I'm still stuck in that (ask actifblue or Zclyh, I'm too attached to asian women).

"Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • bone daddybone daddy Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2003
    'Type' can mean a lot of things, though. Generally, it's a basic rule of thumb for what that person finds attractive, and attraction, for most people, isn't based on one specific attribute. For some people, 'type' refers to a personality type. For others, it's a physical type. For still others, it's a nice way of saying that the person who is "not their type" is actually considered by them to be a total and complete asshat who they would never date, not even if the future of the human race depended on either their children or the spontaneous reappearance of our evolutionary ancestors.

Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited November 2003
    My advice is rather than ask for a girl's number, give her yours. For starters this is entirely non-threatening for the girl, and second, it takes the pressure off you to make the next move.

• DynagripDynagrip destroy everything you touch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2003
    I do this all the time, it works pretty damn well. Also, learn to talk. Just be comfortable with yourself. Think about any funny stories you've got. Dole them out carefully.

gusinrepose.png
  • VothVoth Registered User regular
    edited November 2003
    I wouldn't suggest trying to get back together with any ex unless a lot of time has passed between you. There's a lot of pain and mistrust which resonates between people and you might find yourself hurting each other by bringing up issues that you were trying to get away from in the first place. But, generally, exes are exes for a reason and you should just leave it at that.

reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
  • sinful017sinful017 Registered User
    edited November 2003
    Here's what i look for in a guy, not something everyone HAS to have or anything, just nice additions.
    *someone who can make me laugh, everyone loves a good time right?
    *confidence, i hate having to reassure my man every 5 minutes
    *HONESTY, duh!
    *effort, don't expect me to do all the work
    *compliments never hurt anybody, just don't overdo it
    *dress to impress
    *i love a good smellin guy, but often i find guys who think the whole bottle will do just fine, how am i gonna get close to you if i can't Breathe??
    *look at me when i talk, shows me you at least care enough to pretend your listening
    *a nice gesture goes a long ways

ok well i guess that'll have to do for now

happy hunting

Woke up in a dream today....
    edited November 2003
    Just a quick question to all the pretty ladies here, whats a good type of cologne? I've been using Boss in Motion, Versace, Diesel and Swiss Army, but lately this girl told me I smelled too mellow and citris like. I dunno I dont' exactly like strong musky man calogne but try going for something thats soft and almost man flowery, what do you gals sugest?

Truth, by Calvin Klein. Not overpowering, but not girly. A clean scent.

Cologne, shmologne.

I believe in natural body scent (generally just an anti-persperant), but I'm pretty low on the sweat factor and I know I don't stink, even after a good workout.

When I do use cologne, I've been using this CK ripoff called Gender One. Smells pretty damn good, and it was dirt fucking cheap. Hells yeah.

• eh steveeh steve Registered User new member
    edited November 2003
    My advice is rather than ask for a girl's number, give her yours. For starters this is entirely non-threatening for the girl, and second, it takes the pressure off you to make the next move.

doesn't really work, it reeks of desperation.

SCREECH OF THE FARG
  • monalisamonalisa Registered User
    edited November 2003
    Message for guys:

Confidence.
    -I know this has been written before but it is very important.
    Don't expect the girl to chase you. This is very unattractive.
    Women want to feel beautiful and desirable. So make the moves.
    Do not ask for her permission to make any move. She will let you know if she doesn't want your attentions very quickly.

Signals.
    - Don't ask out a girl as soon as she looks in your direction. If she is interested in you and what you have to say, and if she is playing with her hair or jewellery, etc. she's interested. Don't bother if the signals aren't there, you'll only be rejected and embaress her.

And the rest of the day to you!
  • Optimus WangOptimus Wang Registered User
    edited November 2003
    After you've said sorry, shut your mouth.

No, just shut it.

No 'if's, 'and's, or 'but's. Just shut your goddamn mouth.

Din wrote:
    I'd be Optimus Wang, and come out with just a bathrobe on and drink maple syrup out of a coffee mug.
    ani-me.jpg
    edited November 2003
    The time to argue about something is never when you're still pissed about it. I've never once regretted keeping my mouth shut for a half-hour or so until I'd calmed down a little. Phrasing is a big thing, too. "You're going to make us late to the movies again" is much more likely to start a fight than "If you don't get ready soon, we might have to see a later showing." Both of which are much more likely to start a fight than just lying about the movie's start time and actually getting there on time for once.

Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • HoChiWaWaHoChiWaWa Registered User, ClubPA
    edited December 2003
    NovaDaddy wrote:
    HoChiWaWa wrote:
    You know what? Every so often, go to the movie s/he wants to see and don't say a fucking word about it. I don't care if it kills you. Go see it, be nice about it, and never hold it against him/her. It's a gift even better than flowers that you can give each other.

good advice... which has on ocassion led to sexual favors.... good times

I disagree. I'm sure s/he has some frends who would love to go see that movie. We can see a movie we'll both enjoy.

girls like to see sappy movies with their boyfriends... suck it up

• snapsnap Registered User regular
    edited December 2003
    If you don't know yet, learn where the g-spot is. That is all.

edited January 2004
    Gleaned from the depths of H/A:
    Taim wrote:
    Reggs wrote:
    Pheezer wrote:
    bone daddy wrote:
    citric wrote:
    I have a few sex related questions:
    1) I have hear about how eating fruits helps with one's flavor. How much is needed? And how long should this be kept up?

2) I recall I discussion on lubrication types/brands. I'm asking for suggestions. Keep in mind water-based is a must (condoms are being used). Also where can I procure the lube?

use Astroglide. it's $10 but it's the best (some things you just don't want to skimp on)... buy it at Target or any drugstore or any superstore or any supermarket, near the condoms, near the pharmacy.

Try www.freecondoms.com for all your sexy needs.

Best fruit is citrus. You need to ingest it something like 8-2 hours before doing the deed for there to be a taste difference. That stuff cycles through your body pretty quickly, so you're not going to have a prolonged effect or anything. Your best bet is a glass of juice (pineapple, orange, grapefruit).

Lube can be procured pretty much anywhere from a pharmacy to a megamart with a pharmacy section. So far as I've noticed, there's not really much of a difference in water-based brands. If something doesn't work, toss it and try the next one in line.

Lube is cheap. Anything water based and non-flavoured will be fine.

Red meat will apparently make you taste worse. Stronger, if nothing else. If you have a lot of that in your diet, you should cut down. If no one else does, your heart will thank you.

Eating a lot of frute isnt going to do much if you still eat meat. Astro Glide has lubrication but keeps a nice amount of friction (hard to describe). So if you're getting lube for first-time anal it might be better to get Ky silk. If you want things extra warm get KY warming. The heat wears off though.

Eating fruit is only one side of the equation. The other, as Reggs aprtially pointed out, is what you shouldn't eat. Basically strong smelling foods (not necessarily meat, thats a bit of a generalisation -- I think chicken shouldn't cause you too many smell problems) taint your whole body. If you suffer from bad breath or body odour, doctors recomend cutting things such as fish and coffee out of your diet. This goes likewise for your cum. If it smells strong -- fish, coffee, pepper, curry, blue cheeses, garlic etc. -- its going to effectively pollute your system and any excretion will taste and smell of these strong (and baddly) smelling foodstuffs.

Obviously, the fruit thing counterbalances these smells to a certain extent and I suppose if you've cut out the bad things, eating nice smelling things should actually make you smell and taste better.

EDIT: I also meant to say that, apparently, male 'adult actors' actually consume high protein foodstuffs such as full fat milk an hour or two before they have to, ahem, perform as it makes the ejaculation fuller, thicker and whiter. All the better for the money shots.

Put a couple of drops of lube in the reservoir of the condom before, this will increase the sensation by a noticable degree.

Just don't overdo it, or your ladyfriend will be the preggos.

Condoms: Use polyurethanes. Latex makes things feel dry for the girl quick and it feels better too. Try it and see.

Lube: Astroglide is good and so is Eros which is a silicon based lube. Both are safe for condoms including polys. Although silicon is not safe for silicon toys. Silicon is really good for anal sex since its a thicker lube.

Rogue helicopter?
    edited January 2004
    Saved from the oblivion of auto-prune:
    DSSeteora wrote:
    Anyone else ever hear/experience anything about how daily masturbation (for guys) can really affect yours nerves down there and blunt you to any sensation after a while? I just heard some weird stories about it off Fark.com, and I'm kind of interested/concerned now. Supposedly some guy was hitting it like once a day for a while, and by the time he got head for the first time, he couldn't feel a thing......
    bone daddy wrote:
    There's all sorts of resources about this sort of thing. Basically, if you "mash your monkey" as someone put it earlier, you can do permanent nerve damage. No death grip = no problem. Alternating hands/techniques also helps keep things from getting desensitized down south.
    I am a straight teen boy who's addicted to masturbating. I've been told conflicting reports that it is either good or bad for you. One of my friends even found a website which said that a kitten would be killed if you masturbated. I don't believe that, but what is the truth about male masturbation? Is masturbating twice a day bad?

DNY

If you're only masturbating twice a day, DNY, then you're showing remarkable restraint for a young man your age.

It's almost impossible to masturbate too much (and anyway, there are a whole lot of unwanted kittens in this world). One potential pitfall of youthful masturbation, however, is habituating yourself to a particular kind of stimulation. If you masturbate in the exact same way every time, or if you hold your cock in a death grip every time, you may find it difficult to climax as the result of other, more subtle sensations. So don't grip yourself too firmly, and don't masturbate by humping the same scratchy bit of your mattress over and over again. Make an effort to vary your style, and you'll make an easier transition from your own right hand to the less intense, more subtle, and infinitely more pleasurable sensations provided in your true love's twat, throat, and tush.

Remember how one time (or maybe two) you warned a guy (while remaining masturbation-positive) not to condition his body to come only in response to a particular kind of stimulation? I believe -- 'cause I looked 'em up -- your exact words were, "If you hold your cock in a death grip every time, you may find it difficult to climax as the result of other, more subtle sensations."
    Well, unfortunately, I read your excellent advice too late. About 30 years too late. So now, while women think it's cool that I can "stay hard all night," they eventually start to get a complex about the fact that, though they're having orgasms galore, they can't seem to make me come. It's not them of course. It's the years and years of death-grip masturbation.

Help me, Dan. What can I do to climax in response to "more subtle sensations?"

-- A Big Fan

You'll have to swear off the death grip forever, ABF, if you want your penis to respond to more subtle sensations. When you jerk off, use a light touch and let it take as long as it takes -- and it might take a while. When you're with a woman, give her orgasms galore and when it's time for you to come -- the moment you're used to taking matters into your own hands and finishing yourself off with the death grip -- force yourself to use her body or her mouth or, if you must use your own hand, use that same light touch you've been practicing with when you beat off. If you don't come, well, tough shit, you don't get to come. To avoid giving the women you're with complexes, warn them in advance that you're trying to retrain your penis. While this approach might be frustrating in short run, in the long run only this approach -- a light touch, a firm resolve and consistent denial -- will kick your dick's dormant nerve endings into gear.

Then again, your problem might not be fixable, ABF, because your penis, after 30 years of abuse, might be too far gone. If that's the case, you might have to accept your fate, adjust and deal. Fuck your girlfriends until they're satisfied, then pull out, use the death grip and when you've reached the point of no return, stuff it back in her. If your girlfriends complain or develop complexes, you can accuse them of enforcing a sexist double standard.

There are lots of women out there who can't come from vaginal intercourse alone. Most women, in fact, require more intense, focused stimulation -- oral, fingers, vibrators -- in order to get off. And according to my dog-eared copy of Sex Advice Columns: Standards and Practices, I'm supposed to come down like 10 tons of shit on men who make these women feel guilty about needing more stimulation than penises alone can provide. It seems to me that if women who require the female equivalent of the death grip aren't supposed to feel bad, then men like you, ABF, shouldn't have to feel bad either.
    Renzo wrote:
    So...constant masturbation can make you last longer? Holy shit. That's freakin awesome.
    Makes sense if you think about it. THe more you get off the more it takes to do it. However somene else doing it is a WHOOOOOOLLEEEEE nother ball game... rather another ball game in a differnt ball park in another continent with something a lot more cubic than a ball... but the premise is the same. If you never get off then you have a lot of pent up sexual.. energy. I started masturbating when i was about 12 or 13, it really didnt help my stamina much my first few times of anything, but the more i did that the longer i lasted.
    Thanatos wrote:
    Huh. I'd never heard this before.

What, exactly, constitutes a "death grip"? I mean, there are some rare days when I'll masterbate six or seven times, no lube, and I don't start getting raw until the last time or two. Is that a sufficiently light touch? Or should I be lightening up some?
    You know the first time you got behind the wheel of a car and you're all nervous and you're gripping the wheel so hard you get white knuckles?

Yeah.

Rogue helicopter?
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2004
    Old thread, but I thought I'd mention a few things. Sorry for the long post. For those that actually read it, maybe it'll help you.

I've used Trojan condoms at least weekly for the last 5+ years and have never had one break or any other kind of badness. I can't speak for those who've had problems, but don't swear them off based on a few bad reports. Lubrication is the key, as well as squeezing the tip after you put it on to remove air. Also, leave ample room for the love juice. I personally prefer the Ultra Thin or whatever with Spermacidal lubricant. I personally only put one on until the last few moments, but I HIGHLY RECOMMEND AGAINST THIS. You have to know your body very well, as well as the body of the person you're with. It's better for you in the long run, but it's akin to putting a gun to your head that you're pretty sure isn't loaded. I personally check my gun every time, and haven't had a problem for, like I said, 5+ years (this all with my wife).

It was mentioned, but I think I should re-emphasize it: you're most likely to find love when you aren't looking for it. When I was a teenager, I was extremely shy and wanted a girlfriend so bad. Every time I'd get around to talking to or dating a girl, I'd come on too strong and ruin everything. People would tell me I'd find love when I wasn't looking for it. "What the fuck is that supposed to mean?", I'd say. That's like trying to win the lottery by not buying a ticket, hoping to find one laying around the house that happens to win, I'd think. What this means is that if you're going into a new relationship taking it easy without forcing it to go where you want it when you want it, things have a tendency to work out better. I kept trying and trying and never succeeded. I finally basically gave up on the idea of finding someone when I was 19. Some girl that lived where I did (at the time) that knew some of the people I did and had moved to another city for college the year before starting talking to me on AIM. I played it non-chalant, not expecting to form a relationship. I'd talk to her when she IM'ed me or would occasionally say hi if she didn't say anything. She said she was coming in for Easter and that we should meet up. We did. When we were up late that night and I fell asleep only to wake up to her sitting beside me, watching me and lightly running her fingers along my lips, I was pretty sure love had found me, or was trying. We stayed up for 4 days straight after that, never leaving each other's side except for bathroom and showers (how I did this, I'll never know. I'm usually a wreck if I've been up longer than 15 or so hours). A year later she was my fiancee. 6 months after that, she was my wife. This was 3 and a half years ago, and things keep getting better. So yes, love will find you when you aren't looking for it.

Like Henroid said, communication is the key. This is especially true if you're in a relationship instead of looking for one. Above all else, listen. You'll pick up on all kinds of stuff if you're perceptive, like when she's not happy about something, something she really would like for you to do for her, etc. Something that is great to do (though slightly underhanded) to impress a girl is to remember some utterly trivial thing from a meeting with her. Write it down if you have to. Memorize it. Do this often. Then several months later, find a way to casually bring it up. It'll impress the hell out of them. For example, if you're going on a date find some little piece of jewelry and remember it's every detail. If months later she's trying to find something to wear when you're going out, say, "Why don't you wear that cute dolphin pendant you wore on our first date when we went and ate at The Olive Garden." Reactions vary from tears of joy to a passionate quickie in whatever room you happen to be in.

Another thing I want to mention is freedom. This only pertains to a serious relationship. This is very touchy and has a tendency to backfire to a point of ending a relationship, but things will be much better for you if you pull it off. Most women have a tendency to become a little.... overbearing... about things, especially things you do, such as hobbies. A friend of mine's wife would actually only alot him an hour of video game time a night. Unless you're the type of person that doesn't mind as long as you avoid strife, then this will eventually kill your relationship. This is something you have to take care of early before it has a chance to take root. Let them know in whatever terms what you expect to be able to do. My wife had a tendency to act like my mother or something and try to have everything her way. I was eventually able to rid her of that habit, mainly by showing her repeatedly that it wasn't going to work. If you like to play video games (and come on, who doesn't?), let her know that's one of your hobbies and it's something you're going to do. Don't neglect them (I've been guilty of this in the past), but don't let them take all of your free time, unless you want them to. If you're in a relationship long enough, you're going to want to spend some time doing what you want instead of something necessarily together. It's much easier if they have hobbies they can do, or even better if you share a hobby. Unfortunately, my wife does neither, so she usually watches TV during my "game time". You need to compromise, but don't give her everything she wants if it goes against everything you want.

Which brings me to my next point: compromise. This is a must for any successful relationship. With two different people, it's not going to always be your way and it's not going to always be her way. The easiest way is for you to both lay out your opposing sides and both agree on a middle-ground. And example of this is me and my wife and cooking/cleaning. Neither of us like to do either. While I would love for her to feel it's the woman's job to take care of these, that ain't happening. For cooking, that's easy. We take turns each night. We're both indecisive, so the person not cooking has to pick 2 choices that are reasonable for the other to cook, and the cooker picks one from those 2. For cleaning, we basically make a list of everything that needs to be done and weight it according to time/effort and (un)desirability (like changing the cat litter, for instance). From there we split them up and I take half the weight and she takes the other half. We do it like the NFL draft. I pick one, then she picks one until there are none left and we feel it's even. We've had the same set of duties for the last 4 years without problem. These examples, of course, are for living together, but there's compromises to be made everywhere.

My fingers hurt from all of this typing. If you've read all of this, I thank you. Here's your reward, a random string of emoticons: :D 8) :evil: :o :| :shock: :arrow: :( :evil: :!: :P :?

camo_sig2.png
  • Word5mithWord5mith Registered User
    edited June 2004
    Don't assume you're happy. Many relationships continue on past the point when they should have ended simply because people are comfortible. You are doing yourself a disservice and unfairly binding someone you no longer really care for in a relationship because it's easy and comfortible. I would also add to say I love you only when you feel it. And if you feel it say it often.

Echo wrote:
    Dear cultivation skill: over five minutes to grow a seed? Fuck you.
  • spukeesanspukeesan Registered User
    edited March 2005
    I'm slightly bored, and feel like elaborating on what's likely the best advice here, so here goes:
    §inD017 wrote:
    Here's what i look for in a guy, not something everyone HAS to have or anything, just nice additions.

*someone who can make me laugh, everyone loves a good time right?

Funny is always a good thing - you don't have to be making a girl bust a gut every time you open your mouth, but a few witty comments that bring a smile to her face aren't hard to muster. If you're having trouble coming up with 'witty,' go watch some old episodes of Seinfeld (better yet, listen to his stand up routines) to get a feel of the type of humor that tends to make the best impression on people.

Of course, it still all depends on the person.
    §inD017 wrote:
    *confidence, i hate having to reassure my man every 5 minutes

Confidence is just as important as wit. Confidence means being sure of yourself, comfortable in your surroundings, and unafraid to look people in the eyes. You can't fake confidence, but you can build it by subjecting yourself to MANY situations that might end in rejection. Less fear = more confidence.

Don't, however, confuse confidence with cocky. Cocky isn't always bad, but it's easily overdone.
    §inD017 wrote:
    *HONESTY, duh!

Seriously - no good relationship can be built on lies. This one should be common sense, but some people just don't seem to get that...
    §inD017 wrote:
    *effort, don't expect me to do all the work

And honestly, if you're hoping to get somewhere in the relationship, you should be putting yourself out there. Effort doesn't mean catering to her every need, but it does mean holding up your end of the conversation, making an attempt at looking good, and listening.
    §inD017 wrote:
    *compliments never hurt anybody, just don't overdo it

There's a gigantic difference between a timely gesture, and a blathering idiot. People can smell pathetic from miles away, and one of the most pervasive odors comes from over-complementing. Learn how to integrate a complement into a conversation without making it obvious, and use complements sparingly.
    §inD017 wrote:
    *dress to impress

..the kind of person you're trying to attract. I go for a grounded, indie-type girl, so wearing Banana Republic and $300 Italian shoes isn't going to do me any damn good. However, a good pair of jeans, an interesting belt, and a shirt that fits well go a long way for me. Your style should be based on your personal tastes, but make an effort! Just throwing on whatever smells ok isn't going to make anyone swoon at your feet.
    §inD017 wrote:
    *i love a good smellin guy, but often i find guys who think the whole bottle will do just fine, how am i gonna get close to you if i can't Breathe??

Regular showers and a good smelling deodorant is all most guys need to get that good smell going. I always get a surprised "you smell so good!" when I get close to a girl, and it's not because my natural BO is particularly alluring. If you work out (you should, but that's for another thread...) then you should be taking a shower as soon as you're done. If you have a particularly strong odor, then a little body spray goes a long way, but save the cologne for special occasions.
    §inD017 wrote:
    *look at me when i talk, shows me you at least care enough to pretend your listening

Eye contact is the single most important thing in a conversation - even moreso than the topic or your responses. Eye contact creates a felt connection, and is a large part of what those 'sparks' you're always hearing about are made of. Eye contact also conveys sincerity, and an honest interest in your subject. Just don't stare.
    §inD017 wrote:
    *a nice gesture goes a long ways

Opening the door for a girl, pulling out her chair, and springing for the bill every once in a while does NOT make you a chump. Doing it with the attitude of an unconditionally loyal servant does. You can be a nice-guy without looking desperate.

That's about that. Hell, these guidelines should be followed by everyone who aspires to be a decent person, not just those hoping to get lucky.

• Zodiac BraveZodiac Brave Registered User
    edited March 2005
    Is there any reason I should be concerned about not being able to satisfy my woman with a relatively small (5 inch) peen? Sorry, it's been bothering me for a while and since things seem to be moving in that direction with my girlfriend...

edited March 2005
    You're a tad shorter than average, but women don't come in one size, either. Even if you're smaller than she'd like (and that's a relatively large if), investing enough time and effort in foreplay will almost assuredly make it a non-issue.

Rogue helicopter?
  • Zodiac BraveZodiac Brave Registered User
    edited March 2005
    bone daddy wrote:
    You're a tad shorter than average, but women don't come in one size, either. Even if you're smaller than she'd like (and that's a relatively large if), investing enough time and effort in foreplay will almost assuredly make it a non-issue.

Yeah, but I guess I kind of feel... I dunno, lame for not being able to satisfy her with mere penetration. Ah whatever, I guess it'll just make me a better lover. 8)

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2005
    bone daddy wrote:

Yeah, but I guess I kind of feel... I dunno, lame for not being able to satisfy her with mere penetration. Ah whatever, I guess it'll just make me a better lover. 8)

It really is true what they say about the motion of the ocean. Most women would prefer a larger girth as opposed to a longer length (I remember once reading some women talking about this saying she doesn't really look for a guy that can really hammer her cervix), but with good technique it won't really matter. From what I remember, they don't really receive pleasure from anything more than 2 or 3 inches deep, anyway.

The two main things are foreplay, like mentioned, and stamina. If you get them off before even penetrating, they're going to enjoy what you do after that a lot more. You don't have to give a woman eight screaming orgasms to be considered good in bed. And for stamina, just be sure you last longer than 10 minutes and you should be okay. I personally find about 30 minutes to be a good amount of time. It's long enough to get a lot of enjoyment out of it (and give a lot), but not so long that you're both getting worn out. If you feel yourself getting close, then slow down or stop all together. You can use this time to give her some more foreplay, but when you've cooled off enough, get back on that horse. Lubrication is necessary for longer sessions, so if you feel her getting dry, don't hesitate to break out the KY.

camo_sig2.png
  • spukeesanspukeesan Registered User
    edited March 2005
    Is there any reason I should be concerned about not being able to satisfy my woman with a relatively small (5 inch) peen? Sorry, it's been bothering me for a while and since things seem to be moving in that direction with my girlfriend...

Some girls are simply incapable of getting off via penetration. That being said, your length shouldn't really be a problem - there're a myriad of positions that can make you seem that much longer to your girl.

Try missionary, but push her legs back so that her knees are almost resting on her chest; you might actually go in too deep this way, so go slow until she gets comfortable with it.

From behind while standing up is also a good way to stimulate some of her more sensitive areas. Good luck :^:

edited August 2005
    The Rubik's Cube is very sexy. Learn how to solve it.

• AugustCloAugustClo Registered User
    edited August 2005
    Men don't understand hints.

We really don't.

If you ladies want us to understand how you're feeling, tell us, because when it comes to all that touchy-feely crap, we're stupid. Very, very stupid. Or gay. Or both, they're not mutually exclusive.

we could say that for some guys too ;)

• SkyGheNeSkyGheNe Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    eh steve wrote:

doesn't really work, it reeks of desperation.

How so? I've given out my number, saying if they ever wanna hit up some slopes/beach to give me a call.

Doesn't seem desperate to me - especially if you haven't seen the person a lot but wish to get to know them better.

Although - some I wish I did get their numbers - but they were already taken so I didn't want to go too far too soon :0

sig.jpg
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Self-Confidence and Honesty, that is all I would recommend.

sc.jpgsc.jpg
  • wavecutterwavecutter Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Surprise anal sex is always a good thing.

• WaxfordWaxford Registered User
    edited August 2007
    A good mentality for those too shy to make a move:

"If you kiss somebody then both of you get practice. People are just people like you"

- Regina Spektor <3

True friends stab you in the front - Oscar Wilde
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    While I echo the sentiment about "be yourself"...

If "yourself" is someone who never seems to attract women, or be able to keep them for very long, then its time to change who "yourself" is.

I'm not saying pretend to be someone you're not. I'm saying BECOME that person.

Tube-san wrote:
    I apologise for my rudeness desu.
  • BasarBasar Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Learn to cook. I don't care whether you're male, female, or terribly confused; it's attractive and useful. If you can bake him cookies, or make her soup when she's sick, you get instant points--when you're just starting to date, being willing and able to cook dinner for someone is a gift and will be seen as such.

I also recommend juggling as a skill to start conversations with pretty people, but that's just me.

Totally agree with you. Not sure how much of an effect it would have on me as a guy but through experience, I can easily say women love men who can cook. I am not a great cook, but no need either as if I were, I'd be a chef at a restaurant in Paris. Just know what you are doing and make it pretty with a good wine and a decent atmosphere.

confused.
  • MindLibMindLib Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    More about relationships I guess:

Accept the person as he or she is, don't try to change them.
    If you don't like the way they are in something, break it off, or;
    Accept their shortcomings, and have compassion in yourself for your own.
    Though do be aware of the potential for change, potential is attractive.
    NEVER make potential a means for a relationship.

Practice appreciation for each others interests, even if a little, helps a lot.
    If he likes Star Trek marathons, watch an episode with him.
    If she likes E!, ask her about the latest tiff in celebrity land.

Ladies; If a dude wants to detach himself, just let him. It won't last long and
    it is a necessity for male sanity. From time to time just honor his alone-time
    or it will eventually cause resentment in him and feelings of being trapped by you.

Guys; Every Lady has a quota of positive attention she needs to feel she's valued by you.
    It varies, but know that it's at least five times the amount you need no matter the woman.
    Give it to her, the smile on her face is worth it, and it becomes sweetly addictive.

Ladies: Don't backseat drive. If you tell me to slow down, I'll speed up.
    If you tell me to speed up I'll slow down. Even if you were the first female to win Nascar
    I will take offense at your criticism while behind the wheel. In essence, men need to know that you trust them,
    especially and ultimately with your life. And for the last time; Downshifting to slow down does not hurt the car.

Guys: Women will test your mettle and worthiness until you are in your grave. Accept it.
    Trust that the nagging, pushing, bullying and manipulation should be something to be cherished.
    They are built to do this and love nothing more than a man who is never unsettled by their wiles.
    They have barbs and hooks to probe your psyche and you must practice being invulnerable, though sensitive.
    This is the key to female attraction.

• BelruelBelruel naw Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    just gotta go against the driving thing.

i have a crippling fear of cars and driving and it has taken a lot for me to get over that, and if a guy can't appreciate that and slow down because i am having a panic attack then he can go fuck himself and his little male ego.

trust you with my life? get real. i can trust you all i like, and some other asshole slams on his breaks and you hit them going 70 on a straightaway and then i am dead.

so dudes, leave your ego out of the car, i do not give a shit how speed racer you are

3DS friendcode: 2380-4618-2503
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Belruel wrote: »
    just gotta go against the driving thing.

i have a crippling fear of cars and driving and it has taken a lot for me to get over that, and if a guy can't appreciate that and slow down because i am having a panic attack then he can go fuck himself and his little male ego.

trust you with my life? get real. i can trust you all i like, and some other asshole slams on his breaks and you hit them going 70 on a straightaway and then i am dead.

so dudes, leave your ego out of the car, i do not give a shit how speed racer you are

Is it cool for guys to have big meaty muscle cars though? I don't car much about going fast, I just like to know that I can if I need to.

• BelruelBelruel naw Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    see now that is a thing that is fine

3DS friendcode: 2380-4618-2503
2»