Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Does a Concussion Dialate Your Pupils?

Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Social Entropy++
So I was driving home from work and I see an SUV doing ridiculous speeds come out of an on-ramp and flip three times over the highway, narrowly dodging a car in front of me by like ten feet. The car in front and I carefully swerve over to the side of the road that's accessible, jump out, and a lady and I book it across the highway to get to the SUV and see if everyone's okay while the woman's husband calls 911. The driver (only person in the car) is okay, tentatively, as she can talk and move and isn't missing anything. Eight more people decide to pull over and run up. One woman who comes in late is super-fat and starts screaming "EXCUSE ME I HAVE THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE ON THE PHONE I NEED TO KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON" and the person who came with me proceeds to tell her to back the fuck off and she's dumb and the person obviously needs some space and not to have snorlax walking over and suffocating her, except in a nice way. So the paramedics arrive, and we make statements, and we proceed to run back across the road, and the woman who came with me at first mentions that the driver's eyes were waaaay dilated and she didn't smell alcohol but she thinks she was probably on something.

So I'm wondering if she was probably right, or if just having a concussion or being in shock from your car flipping over three times would be enough to dilate your pupils and make you seem out of it?

Mai-Kero on
nigh.jpg