As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Monte Cook's Arcana Evolved

TrenogTrenog Registered User regular
edited September 2006 in Critical Failures
So, you love D&D but you're tired of Elven wizards, Dwarvish fighters and Halfling rogues? You have fallen into the rut of always casting magic missiles and fireballs when you play an arcane caster, and your fellow players are always asking you for CLWs when you play a cleric? Arcana Unearthed might just be the solution to your problems. A complete 'alternate' Players Handbook, it offers you 7 new races (2 Faen races: quickling and loresong, giants, litorians (a lion-like humanoid), mojhs ( a dragon-like humanoid), sibeccais ( a dog-like humanoid) and verriks (an 'almost human' with psionic abilities and a different outlook on life) to choose from at first level, in addition to humans, sprites (A faen race that the loresongs and quicklings can evolve into) and runechildren (a racial template members of any race can possibly add later in their career).

The book continues to add more goodies, as it offers 11 new classes (Akashic, Champions, Greenbonds, Mage Blades, Magisters, Oathsworn, Runethanes, Totem Warriors, Unfettereds, Warmains and Witches). As if that wasn't enough, three of those (the Champions, Totem Warriors and Witches) use different foci, thus making them extremely different from another member of the same class.
Monte Cook's Arcana Evolved is what I call the "Director's Cut" version of Arcana Unearthed. It's 432 pages in full color. We pulled out all the stops and got some of the best artists in the industry to lavishly illustrate it. It includes all the material from Arcana Unearthed, The Diamond Throne, and even most of the Player's Guide from the screen. Plus a lot more.

The Races:

Faen
These are your short sized races. There are Quickling to represent the agile and Loresong to represent the knowledgeable. Also, at later levels they can permanently change into another form known as a Sprite.

faensm.jpg

Dracha
These are the true children of the dragons. They represent the physical aspect of the dragon and have wings.

drachasm.jpg

Giant
Giants are a peaceful race that focus on building and taking care of the other races since they drove off the last children of the dragons who were demon/dragon hybrids that enslaved most of the realm.

giantsm.jpg

Verrik
The Verrik are a secretive race that are human in form, but very different mentally. They think differently then humans do and have an errie presence to them.

verriksm.jpg

Sibeccai
This race once were just common animals until the Giants brought awareness to them. Now they are eternally grateful to the Giants.

sibeccaism.jpg

Runechild
Runechildren is a template that can go with nearly any race and represents something distinctly unique that occurs.

runechildsm.jpg

Mojh
Humans who desired to emulate the dragons after their departure used magic and ritual to transform themselves into their image. They represent the magical aspect of the dragons and are at odds with the Dracha since they are the true children of the dragons.

mojhsm.jpg

Humans
Typical you and me.

humansm.jpg

Litoran
A race that prides itself on honor and has been around as long as any other race.

litoransm.jpg

The Classes

Ritual Warrior
This class uses Combat Rites in order to adapt to the changing combat environment.

ritualwarriorsm.jpg

Greenbond
The naturalistic class that focuses on the life energy of existance called The Green. Communes with spirits.

greenbondsm.jpg

Oathsworn
This class's powers increase when they Swear An Oath and they slowly Eschew the necessities of life because of their lack of need for them.

oathswornsm.jpg

Champion
This class chooses a subject to champion and gain powers as they level that come directly from that subject. Examples include Light, Freedom, and Race.

championsm.jpg

Akashic
Masters of knowledge and skill. They are able to tap into the universal unconsciousness in order to gain insight into the world.

akashicsm.jpg

Warmain
This class focuses on the brute force of combat. They get stronger and stronger.

warmainsm.jpg

Witch
Capable of specializing not only the aspect that they witch they can specialize in their innate abilities.

witchsm.jpg

Magister
The all-powerful mage.

magistersm.jpg

Unfettered
The buccaneer, the pirate, the swave gentlemen.

unfetteredsm.jpg

Totem Warrior
After choosing an animal companion, their powers develop in tune to that animal's natural abilities.

totemwarriorsm.jpg

Runethane
Able to create runes that aid and cause harm in addition to casting magic.

runethanesm.jpg

Mage Blade
Spellcasters that are able to wield combat weaponry and gain bonuses to their attuned weapons.

magebladesm.jpg

steam_sig.png
Malkor wrote: »
Rolo wrote: »
opium is all natural shit son

makes you stronger

It also makes you immune to time.
Bama wrote: »
Two weeks ago, I lost the bulk of my female friends

She really hates it when you call her that.
FCD wrote: »
Ahhh, Orochimaru. Or, as I like to call him, Japanese Pedophile Voldemort.
Trenog on

• TrenogTrenog Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Reserved for future information

Trenog on
    steam_sig.png
    Malkor wrote: »
    Rolo wrote: »
    opium is all natural shit son

makes you stronger

It also makes you immune to time.
    Bama wrote: »
    Two weeks ago, I lost the bulk of my female friends

She really hates it when you call her that.
    FCD wrote: »
    Ahhh, Orochimaru. Or, as I like to call him, Japanese Pedophile Voldemort.
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I really wish there was a Mage Blade-esque class for World of Warcraft. Battle wizards are the shit.

Salvation122 on