Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PAX Aftermath Thread II - Intl. Edition

• OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    yeah god there was so much shit going on

I think the only time I stopped moving was to sleep

although watching knob get serenaded by tube, staring deep into each other's eyes, is a memory I'll carry with me forever

i've had tube's songs stuck in my head for a solid week now
    I KNOW

just this morning I was in the shower going "never gonna be never gonna be a revolution hooneyyy"
    i sang the chorus to 'only stripping because you're a slut' to my girlfriend and she laughed for a good long while

• monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Weaver wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    t Druhim we mentioned earlier that it will start out being just a couple of the core ideas, and then as busiiness & revenue builds work on phasing in the other parts

Ok, good. A couple of other points to keep in mind is that enthusiastic support of friends and family is great, but they're not going to provide the bulk of your business (if they do, then you're failing). So be careful not to get in over your head just because everyone you know is telling you they will patronize your business, or you may find they're the few people that are actually coming in regularly.

Also, no matter how well everyone involved in starting the business get along with each other, document EVERYTHING and have everything contracted as explicitly as possible. This protects all parties and helps keep expectations clear so that misunderstandings are much less likely to lead to you eventually hating each other with a passion. A business venture like this could easily turn good friends into bitter enemies.

Yeah. You've been in accounting school, Rachel just got her degree, lots of people on here have experience in this and we'll likely do a legal consult heading into it and ok gotta catch mah breath here

I took a semester of a business course.

That counts, right?

Right?

• ShankusuShankusu __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2008
    knob i never got to talk to you about the original d&d

• The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    you fuckers all better go next year

Pb6cUzZ.pngTeRnRlj.pnglBMZaaL.pnglm0oV4l.pngsw4UHsU.png
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    monsterror wrote: »
    t Druhim we mentioned earlier that it will start out being just a couple of the core ideas, and then as busiiness & revenue builds work on phasing in the other parts

Ok, good. A couple of other points to keep in mind is that enthusiastic support of friends and family is great, but they're not going to provide the bulk of your business (if they do, then you're failing). So be careful not to get in over your head just because everyone you know is telling you they will patronize your business, or you may find they're the few people that are actually coming in regularly.

Also, no matter how well everyone involved in starting the business get along with each other, document EVERYTHING and have everything contracted as explicitly as possible. This protects all parties and helps keep expectations clear so that misunderstandings are much less likely to lead to you eventually hating each other with a passion. A business venture like this could easily turn good friends into bitter enemies.

Yeah. You've been in accounting school, Rachel just got her degree, lots of people on here have experience in this and we'll likely do a legal consult heading into it and ok gotta catch mah breath here

That counts, right?

Right?

sure, do you want to wash dishes or bus tables? (jk)

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    my pop started a dive shop in the florida keys once, but then his business partner screwed him over and he lost all of his money because they didn't sufficiently document everything and such

whoops

• MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Shit guys Rachel is talking about maybe coming up for two weeks next year

of course that's if we can afford it but still

edited September 2008
    Shankusu wrote: »

i clearly remember the phrase, 'oh, you're a third edition faggot'

• WeaverWeaver send help pirates have meRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So Cap what's your suggestion of where to meet Saturday?

ProfessionalandCommander_zps6c326307.jpg
    edited September 2008
    yeah mori i'll probably be moving to BC if all goes well around then, but i'll still try to get a week's stay in

edited September 2008

That counts, right?

Right?

sure, do you want to wash dishes or bus tables? (jk)

I had a very nice conversation with A Duck about the time that I got 7 girls' numbers with charm and impressing them by not writing down their orders at all.

In other words, I'm a great server.

edited September 2008
    If nothing else we'll stay for a week, I think

but if we can afford it, we'll go for two

edited September 2008
    my pop started a dive shop in the florida keys once, but then his business partner screwed him over and he lost all of his money because they didn't sufficiently document everything and such

whoops

That sucks. The idea of owning a dive shop sounds great to me, but at least locally it would be very difficult to break into the market when there are already two well established local chains. I mean, I think they're crap and their employees are usually clueless, but a lot of your business is going to come from new divers anyway (in the puget sound area that is) and they don't know wtf so they tend to assume the place they've heard of the most must be the best.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Well if you wanted unlimited hang-out time, good coffee and free wifi we could hit Bauhaus on Pine and Melrose, but they don't have food. I don't have a laptop so I don't know what places do and don't have the wifi.

• PbPb Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Knob wrote: »
    Pb wrote: »
    I have to say I was flat-out intimidated by Knob. Like, I had no idea what to say to the guy that would actually interest him, so I mostly just let him go on and enjoyed the stories.

Especially Bwandon, which I'd come to PAX again just to hear him retell.

whaaaaaa

dogg i am interested in anything!

we had a pretty deep conversation about asparagus!

I know, but sometimes I get a notion that I have to try to entertain someone according to their means and not mine and I get stuck where I think I can't say anything interesting. I had the same problem with a lot of the old timers, actually. I got more comfortable after a while, but in a lot of ways I was talking like I was still on the forum. I'd say something strange because I was trying to lead to something, but if that person didn't run with it there was nobody else to take the bait.

Still, this was the first time I've let my internet and personal life overlap, and it wasn't all bad.

EDIT - That and the big groups were a bit hectic.

edited September 2008
    Man guys, I just ate some Club crackers with some Laughing Cow French Onion cheese.

So tasty.

edited September 2008
    I'll stay forever

edited September 2008

i clearly remember the phrase, 'oh, you're a third edition faggot'

at least i didnt go the wrong way to gameworks

edited September 2008
    Man guys, I just ate some Club crackers with some Laughing Cow French Onion cheese.

So tasty.

yesterday I mixed up some tuna, miracle whip, onions, sweet corn and salt and scoop it from the bowl via tortilla chip. That was pretty good.

edited September 2008
    Well if you wanted unlimited hang-out time, good coffee and free wifi we could hit Bauhaus on Pine and Melrose, but they don't have food. I don't have a laptop so I don't know what places do and don't have the wifi.

That's the one with all the books, right? That'd be fine.

edited September 2008
    edited September 2008

Cool, I like that place.

edited September 2008

So tasty.

yesterday I mixed up some tuna, miracle whip, onions, sweet corn and salt and scoop it from the bowl via tortilla chip. That was pretty good.

I'm scrounging for food so hard right now.

I'm hungry as hell, but there's nothing substantial to eat.

edited September 2008

Cool, I like that place.

Noonish?

edited September 2008
    i did?

i had to call you and let you know you were going the wrong way

edited September 2008

So tasty.

I've gotten very good at scrounging for food over the year and exceptionally better at it since starting the no wheat thing. Though I finally get to eat wheat tomorrow.

edited September 2008

Cool, I like that place.

I'm intrigued by this whole idea and would gladly join you two (assuming you even want me there hah) but I'll be on the eastside all weekend working on a house.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited September 2008
    i did?

i had to call you and let you know you were going the wrong way

oh, i don't remember that at all

frankly my memory's hazy on a lot of the weekend, likely the fault of no sleep + joose

edited September 2008

Cool, I like that place.

Noonish?

Let's make it 1ish, just to be safe.

edited September 2008

So tasty.

I've gotten very good at scrounging for food over the year and exceptionally better at it since starting the no wheat thing. Though I finally get to eat wheat tomorrow.

Maybe I'll just go for a walk and scrounge for blackberries.

edited September 2008
    JOOOOOSE

no more weasing on the joose!

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited September 2008

Cool, I like that place.

I'm intrigued by this whole idea and would gladly join you two (assuming you even want me there hah) but I'll be on the eastside all weekend working on a house.

I speak only for myself but you're totally welcome Dru. I think any additional insight we can get at this point would be much appreciated.

edited September 2008

Cool, I like that place.

Noonish?

Word.

Also Druhim I'd value your input.

edited September 2008

Cool, I like that place.

Noonish?

Word.

Also Druhim I'd value your input.

I charge one snickerdoodle an hour for consultation.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited September 2008
    Ohhh shit.

I'm out of cigarettes, and no more money.

shiiiiiiiit

edited September 2008
    edited September 2008
    smoke the cat

heeeeheeeeeheeee

edited September 2008
    edited September 2008
    Cap, a couple years back before they moved out here, Jordyn was posting about how much she needed to poop, and we're telling her to just go poop already, but she says that her big ol' cat is in her lap and she doesn't want to disturb it but she realllllly needs to poop.

So I tell her-

Poop in the cat

This discussion has been closed.