As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A discussion on joints, crack, etc.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    I've always wanted to get my back cracked like that but my arms, chest, and shoulders are way too big for most people to do that. I've not known anyone who can do it.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh yeah? Well answering the phone with a mouthful of marmalade grosses ME out!

Meiz on
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    sometimes i forget that these boxers don't contain my junk very well and my dick likes to pop out and inopportune moments

like when i'm fixing some cereal in the kitchen

potatoe on
  • Options
    ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    snap crackle pop dick crispies

Reginald on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Nobody can ever pop my back except for chiropractors and they have to contort me pretty oddly to do it

Weaver on
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I've always wanted to get my back cracked like that but my arms, chest, and shoulders are way too big for most people to do that. I've not known anyone who can do it.

unless you're like 6'8" and 500 pounds, I can do it

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man, I gave back cracks to people all the time.

I should've been a chiropractor, instead of a software consultant.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Dislexic wrote: »

You live in South Florida?

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

tampa, like 2 miles from USF

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    DeicistDeicist Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Weaver wrote: »
    Nobody can ever pop my back except for chiropractors and they have to contort me pretty oddly to do it

:winky:

Deicist on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Guys, the best thing is when you're driving a long time, just starting straightforward, and you move your neck to the side, without using your hands, and it's a nine-cricker or something.

Feels SO GOOD.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    potatoe wrote: »
    my butt has a crack

*snicker*

Ahahaha

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I could leave now and be there by 2pm. But I'm not going to.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

oh are you in sarasota or orlando?

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I wish. I'm in Fort Myers.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

ouch, any damage from fey?

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i can crack everything on that list

yesssss

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

ouch, any damage from fey?

A lot of water and some minor flooding in a few places. It was rather tame.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    what's really cool is popping people's backs for them.

it's easy, stand behind them, have them cross their arms and grab their shoulders. bear hug them from behind, preferably putting your shoulder area into their upper back, and lift them up.

works almost every time

That's the way I always did it, but there was an alternative method in high school that a bunch of guys swore worked even better. You face the person who is going to pop your back, put your arms around their neck, and then go limp, with your knees basically dragging on the ground. If they jump up with enough force, it basically snaps your spine like a whip and pops every bone between your skull and pelvis.

It's probably not terribly safe or effective, but the method holds a special place in my heart. My lab partner in high school was a cheerleader with the rudest titties. During a discussion about this method, she decided that she was strong enough to pull it off, and asked to pop my back. Despite what I saw as a few basic flaws in this idea, I agreed.

Result: me ending up with my face in her dirty pillows while she jumped up and down. I can't recall whether my back popped, but I still count it as the most successful chiropractic procedure I've ever had.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    yeah, it was only bordering on a tropical storm/hurricane by the time it hit land.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I don't worry much unless they say a Cat. 3 is coming. Then you get that shitty week with no power in the Florida summer. Miserable times when Charlie, Rita, and Wilma came through.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Jedoc wrote: »
    what's really cool is popping people's backs for them.

it's easy, stand behind them, have them cross their arms and grab their shoulders. bear hug them from behind, preferably putting your shoulder area into their upper back, and lift them up.

works almost every time

That's the way I always did it, but there was an alternative method in high school that a bunch of guys swore worked even better. You face the person who is going to pop your back, put your arms around their neck, and then go limp, with your knees basically dragging on the ground. If they jump up with enough force, it basically snaps your spine like a whip and pops every bone between your skull and pelvis.

It's probably not terribly safe or effective, but the method holds a special place in my heart. My lab partner in high school was a cheerleader with the rudest titties. During a discussion about this method, she decided that she was strong enough to pull it off, and asked to pop my back. Despite what I saw as a few basic flaws in this idea, I agreed.

Result: me ending up with my face in her dirty pillows while she jumped up and down. I can't recall whether my back popped, but I still count it as the most successful chiropractic procedure I've ever had.

yeah, the way I do it is much less likely to strain muscles, and you might just have to bounce a bit (depending on height) instead of jumping as hard as you can.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Letting people walk on your back is also an effective method.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I don't worry much unless they say a Cat. 3 is coming. Then you get that shitty week with no power in the Florida summer. Miserable times when Charlie, Rita, and Wilma came through.

yeah, my sister lives in port charlotte when charlie comes through, and the house two down from them was condemned and leveled. They had like no damage and they just camped out for a while, but they had a generator too, so they had enough for fans and stuff like that.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008

yeah, my sister lives in port charlotte when charlie comes through, and the house two down from them was condemned and leveled. They had like no damage and they just camped out for a while, but they had a generator too, so they had enough for fans and stuff like that.

For some reason it seems storms always go juuust north or juuuust south of Fort Myers. I've lived here for 18 years basically and I've never seen a really bad hurricane nail Fort Myers. Charlie did damage but it was mostly north of us. Fey did most of its work to the south in Naples. It's odd.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    potatoe wrote: »
    my butt has a crack

*snicker*

Ahahaha
    this is the best of jokes.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Do you pop collars?

Not as many as this guy though. He's fucking popped 4 collars cool.

4_popped-collars_cool.jpg

Oh how much I hate the youth of today, what with their hippity hop music and the crack.

Hunter on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    How does he move his arms with all those shirts on?

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    he's too cool to move arms

Iskander on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I once knew a skater who has gone down in my group's personal history for the phrase "Bathing is for losers. I'm too pimp to bathe."

Oh, Ben. You filthy, useless bastard.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    One time when I was driving cross-country and had been sitting in the same position for several hours, I stretched my back by arching it forward pretty hard and juuuuuust about passed out from the change in my blood flow.

not related to cracking joints

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I crack my neck, upper and lower back, sternum, hips, shoulders, fingers at both the first and second knuckle forwards, backwards and sideways, and toes.

I'm like a bag of jiffy pop.

a bag with poor poor connective tissue.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I crack my neck, upper and lower back, sternum, hips, shoulders, fingers at both the first and second knuckle forwards, backwards and sideways, and toes.

I'm like a bag of jiffy pop.

a bag with poor poor connective tissue.
    ahaha

Faricazy on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Now I feel like a douche for wearing this cheap target polo

Is it possible to wear a polo shirt without being a human testicle

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    how has nobody made an "oh snap!" comment in this thread yet?

Iskander on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    oh crackle

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Since I'm an osteopath I actually had to get training in cracking peoples backs and necks.

There are some weird techniques they teach.

For instance: IT Spread

Yes you do basically stick your thumbs up someone ass to do that.

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    One method of cracking someone's back that I would've never thought of is this:

1) Stand back to back with another person.
    2) Link arms tightly
    3) Person who is doing the cracking (ie- the cracker) leans forward, lifting the person who is getting the back crack (ie- the crackee) off the ground.

Someone from work did this for me when I was complaining about having some stiffness. Worked great.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    saint2e wrote: »
    One method of cracking someone's back that I would've never thought of is this:

1) Stand back to back with another person.
    2) Link arms tightly
    3) Person who is doing the cracking (ie- the cracker) leans forward, lifting the person who is getting the back crack (ie- the crackee) off the ground.

Someone from work did this for me when I was complaining about having some stiffness. Worked great.

I saw someone get smooshed doing that because they underestimated the other persons weight.

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I can pop my neck, upper-middle back, lower back, my right elbow, my wrists, and every joint in my fingers.

I'd rather not be able to pop all those things, I worry about doing it and I've made it into a compulsive habit.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1