As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A discussion on joints, crack, etc.

124»

• Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    my knuckles and knees sometimes pop.

that's all.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My foot pops if I step a certain way

It is so satisfying

Green on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Green wrote: »
    My foot pops if I step a certain way

It is so satisfying

Oh hell yes. Cracking most other joints sort of disgusts me, but the foot just feels good

L|ama on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I need someone to crack my back.

Ladies.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I can crack my balls.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My ankles make a small noise every time I flex them.

I never learned why this is, but I was told by a doctor that they are unusually flexible and that's really not a good thing.

If I make a sharp turn while running I can very easily misstep and end up come down on the ankle instead of my foot because the foot turns inward very easily. This hurts like FUCK whenever I do it, but it usually wears off quickly.

I imagine that shit will hurt lots worse as I get older.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    SephSeph Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    right elbow
    thumbs
    fingers
    neck
    toes
    back (don't do it!)
    jaw
    shoulder
    ankles

Seph on
    doit.png
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My freshman dorm room was set up so that you pretty much had to loft your bed high enough to fit your desk and dresser underneath. When I woke up in the morning, I'd just jump down from the top and land in a crouch. This tended to pop all the joints that you usually pop over the course of the morning all in one go. Since I've got terrible noisy joints, my roommate once compared the sound to backing over a raccoon in the driveway.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Jedoc wrote: »
    My freshman dorm room was set up so that you pretty much had to loft your bed high enough to fit your desk and dresser underneath. When I woke up in the morning, I'd just jump down from the top and land in a crouch. This tended to pop all the joints that you usually pop over the course of the morning all in one go. Since I've got terrible noisy joints, my roommate once compared the sound to backing over a raccoon in the driveway.

Oh god, I can't even begin to imagine this

Green on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Feels good man

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    my thumbs pop really loudly and if i pop them together in a quiet environment you can get a stereo effect going that disturbs everyone it's pretty cool

Seph on
    doit.png
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    all day i have had this pain in my posterior rib. one of them... i have been trying to crack it. it is so painful it is dumb and annoying!

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    maybe you have gas i get strange pains when i get all gassy

Seph on
    doit.png
  • Options
    DefenestratorDefenestrator Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I can crack the shit out of my left knee. I don't think that's normal.

Defenestrator on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

haha wow

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited September 2008
    I suppose how normal it is depends on how the shit got in there in the first place.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    the cheat wrote: »
    all day i have had this pain in my posterior rib. one of them... i have been trying to crack it. it is so painful it is dumb and annoying!

Is that even possible? Doesn't cracking/popping only happen with joints?

Goatmon on

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I can crack pretty much every joint on my body. Except the fixed joints in the skull.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    SaphSaph Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    One time I woke up and I had been sleeping with my leg curled inward. My knee was all seized up, and I hobbled downstairs into the living room. I sat on the sofa, and rested my leg on the coffee table.

My knee creaked. It was like someone opening an old door with the hinges stuffed with bubblewrap.

Saph on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I crack my knuckles, toes, neck, and back fairly regularly. I also can crack my knees and elbows. I've popped my hip(s) before, but never really on-command. One of the more satisfying/weirdest feelings though is cracking my knees and hips sideways by squeezing my knees together (after the requisite junk-adjustment, of course), it makes about 6 or so light pops at the same time.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh, man. The most satisfying thing is when you've been hunched over a desk all day and you just stretch out, hook your ankles together, and then try to pull your legs apart. You can pop those lumbar vertebrae that you can never properly get at and it is delicious.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I thought this was a drug thread

dissapointed

shoulder blades, knuckles, top index finger joint, knees

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh, man. The most satisfying thing is when you've been hunched over a desk all day and you just stretch out, hook your ankles together, and then try to pull your legs apart. You can pop those lumbar vertebrae that you can never properly get at and it is delicious.

God yes.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    bowen wrote: »

God yes.

I need to try this.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    bowen wrote: »

God yes.

I need to try this.

If you're shorter you'll need a chair back that rests near the lower half of your back.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I can crack my
    knuckles
    wrists
    elbows
    neck
    back
    knees
    ankles
    and toes.

Marathon on
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Goatmon wrote: »
    the cheat wrote: »

Is that even possible? Doesn't cracking/popping only happen with joints?

i mean it's kinda in between the rib and the vertebra. there's some cartilage in there that you can pop.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    My ex cracked her neck every time before she went to bed. Annoyed the shit out of me because I was almost always asleep already and it'd wake me up.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    All joints on fingers and toes
    Knees
    Neck
    Jaw
    Ankles
    Wrists
    Elbows
    Shoulders
    Back
    Collarbone
    Feet arches
    Thumb(the bone in the palm)

when a friend of mine cracks his vertebrae, it is loud enough for someone fifteen feet away to hear it.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I asked my girlfriend to walk on my back once.

It cracked so much she thought she had killed me. Felt so damn good too.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    variantvariant Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I can crack my chest maybe like once every 7-8 months, best feeling ever.

variant on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't get enough calcium in my diet usually because I'm lactose intolerant so my knees do this weird crackly thing when I bend down.
    I can crack my neck and back with assistance
    and my toes
    pretty much everything on my body, my poor joints and bones are fucked, osteoporosis here i come!

beavotron on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My joints are fine and they do not need cracking.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    beavotron wrote: »
    I don't get enough calcium in my diet usually because I'm lactose intolerant so my knees do this weird crackly thing when I bend down.
    and my toes
    pretty much everything on my body, my poor joints and bones are fucked, osteoporosis here i come!

Almonds, leafy greens, and calcium-added orange juice. You'll be fine.

Alternatively: a hip cast has lots of room for fun signatures! Whee!

You gotta look on the bright side, see.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    beavotron wrote: »
    and my toes
    multivitamin?

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Eat the bones of other, healthy, animals and absorb their strength.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454