Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Denial of Service?

PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
The forum is really slow right now. I checked against other sites and against another person, and we both seem to be experiencing sluggishness with the PA forums that is lasting longer than it should. What's happening?

I know this kind of stuff happens all the time, but this one is bad.

Paladin on
Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.

• ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited October 2003
    Paladin wrote:
    The forum is really slow right now. I checked against other sites and against another person, and we both seem to be experiencing sluggishness with the PA forums that is lasting longer than it should. What's happening?

I know this kind of stuff happens all the time, but this one is bad.
    Nah, the cluster just slows down sometimes. A good DOS would make it so you wouldnt be able to even type this.

• TubeTube Says some shit Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited October 2003
    Because they'd cut off your hands.

• A steak!A steak! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2003
    Because they'd cut off your hands.

As a north African child I take offense at that statement.

Favorite quotes
    Spoiler:
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited October 2003
    So this is how mods hijack a thread?

Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited October 2003
    Paladin wrote:
    So this is how mods hijack a thread?
    Those would be the SE mods, and you havent begun to see hijjacking son. :P

edited October 2003
    Whew, kicked out of the forums again; this time not being able to access. Even worse this time; does it have to do with the store traffic?

• denihilistdenihilist tiny, tiny little man live music capitol of the worldRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2003
    I would say it had to do with store traffic except this type of slowdown has been happening frequently over the last week or so, especially in peak hours.

• DynagripDynagrip destroy everything you touch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2003
    Wait a second...it's slowing down during peak hours? What the fuck could it be?!

gusinrepose.png
  • OrthancOrthanc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2003
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Wait a second...it's slowing down during peak hours? What the fuck could it be?!

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm? No, Dyna would never use sarcasm.

edited October 2003
    I was there for this last week or so, but today was especially bad.