As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gice me pictures of homeless people from Montreal!

DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzleRegistered User regular
edited September 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
No, seriously.

I'm in an illustration program and one of the projects is to make a magazine cover featuring a homeless person.

Well I walked around downtown today for like an hour and the only homeless person I found seemed clinically insane, and as such probably wouldn't be too helpful.

So, if for some reason you have pictures of homeless people, it would save me an assload of time and effort.
I won't even question why you have the pictures.

If you do decide to help me, please don't just post something from google. This could end up badly for me.

If nobody posts anything, which is what I expect will happen, thanks anyway.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
*TyCart*_banner.jpg
DeMoN on

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Nah, if I just get it off google the teacher can check google.
    That would kind of be cheating.
    But if someone for some reason has pictures they took themself and were to give them to me, then that couldn't be considered cheating.

It's really not that big a deal, but like I said, it would save me from wasting my saturday hunting down the homeless.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    ihmmyihmmy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    DeMoN wrote: »
    Nah, if I just get it off google the teacher can check google.
    That would kind of be cheating.
    But if someone for some reason has pictures they took themself and were to give them to me, then that couldn't be considered cheating.

It's really not that big a deal, but like I said, it would save me from wasting my saturday hunting down the homeless.

if getting it off google is cheating, how is getting it off an internet forum (and thus making someone else do your work for you) not cheating exactly?

ihmmy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    the professor can't check.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    MrIamMeMrIamMe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    the professor can't check.

Gold

MrIamMe on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    We aren't here to do your homework for you, you know. :?

If you can't find a homeless person to take a photo off, draw something yourself.

I do consider it incredible that you can't find a homeless person in a big city, though. I sincerely doubt the effort you've put into this.

Aldo on
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    If it has to be a photo, all things failing, get a friend to do some hard yard work wearing the most battered set of Goodwill clothes you can scrounge up, and stage it with a cardboard sign. But, it is Montreal - as common a sight as homeless are in my city of 30,000 where they're actively rounded up and taken off the streets, you should be able to see them there. Go to the less respectable or downscale business districts, or if you have an area with a lot of churches, try there.

Also, check the phone book for soup kitchens. Might be able to get a Depression-style bread line picture, which should fit the bill.

Hevach on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Except clothes at Goodwill are actually in good condition. The point of Goodwill is to sell clothes to people with money so they can help people without money.

Also, not all homeless people have hole filled brown clothes.

Just take on of your friends, a duffel bag, have him lay down on a bus stop bench with the bag under it, snap picture, done.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    HKPacman420HKPacman420 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

So, if for some reason you have pictures of homeless people, it would save me an assload of time and effort.
    I won't even question why you have the pictures.

What if they're like gagged and tied up?

You still want them?

HKPacman420 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, there are actually two reasons I didn't want them from google.

First of all, the professor can check.

Secondly, and more importantly, the photos could be copyrighted. If someone found out I used a photo in which they had the copyright, well that could mean big shit for me.

So yeah, nevermind. I'll figure something out. I'll admit it was a cheap attempt to cheat so I could do something else today.

If worse comes to worse I'll just get someone I know to dress all ratty and sit on a bench somewhere.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Hobbit0815Hobbit0815 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    If worse comes to worse I'll just get someone I know to dress all ratty and sit on a bench somewhere.

Assignments made easy.

Hobbit0815 on
  • Options
    wasted pixelswasted pixels Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I think this is the most fucked up "do my homework" thread ever, but it still strikes me as a "do my homework" thread. :/

wasted pixels on
  • Options
    ApexMirageApexMirage Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I think the one-armed guy will be just about the most recognaziable bum you'd be able to find, second only to maybe the black dude who calls everyone boss (that guy gives me the creeps)

Find them at night on st-catherine near famous or 2000+ ifaik

ApexMirage on
    I'd love to be the one disappoint you when I don't fall down
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I think the OP is too picky about hobos. He said he saw one but he was too "Crazy". just take a photo!

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    do they have day labor sites in montreal? just go down there, I'm sure you can find some shady looking dudes to photograph.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    No, seriously.

I'm in an illustration program and one of the projects is to make a magazine cover featuring a homeless person.

Well I walked around downtown today for like an hour and the only homeless person I found seemed clinically insane, and as such probably wouldn't be too helpful.

How the hell do you think these people wound up homeless, shortbus? There's one near my bus stop every morning, all she does is run up and down the same two blocks in bare feet, rain hail or shine. She won't be moving into a paying job any time soon.

Frankly, I think whoever assigned you this project is a shitheel if they want you to just go out and take some freakshow pictures, maybe write an article about how sad it all is, learn how to get the better-off to feel... something. But if you can't even stand to look at a major cause of homelessness in the face? Weak, man. Get your damn camera and go find a soup kitchen.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    The Cat wrote: »
    How the hell do you think these people wound up homeless, shortbus? There's one near my bus stop every morning, all she does is run up and down the same two blocks in bare feet, rain hail or shine. She won't be moving into a paying job any time soon.

Frankly, I think whoever assigned you this project is a shitheel if they want you to just go out and take some freakshow pictures, maybe write an article about how sad it all is, learn how to get the better-off to feel... something. But if you can't even stand to look at a major cause of homelessness in the face? Weak, man. Get your damn camera and go find a soup kitchen.
    The Cat, ladies and gentleman, QFT.

I have a feeling that the point is to get students to confront the problem. You found some crazy dude? Think about his life, why he's crazy. He's real.

I dunno. This is a really fucked up thread. Go do your damn homework and think carefully about this assignment.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    This thread ruined my day.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, I went out and got the pictures. I apologize for the extremely shitty thread.
    Will not happen again.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg