Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Hockey on] NHL09 - GO TO NEW THREAD

redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Games and Technology
PAHOTFINALfinalllll.png
20040908h.jpg

What is this?
Spoiler:

EASHL: Penny Arcade Hotsteppers

You are cordially invited to try out for the Penny Arcade Hotsteppers. Go ahead and sign up for the team if you are interested. Just hit the "Edit this page" text on the bottom right of the page.
Spoiler:

PA Hotsteppers Photo/Film Collection

Team Record 171 hits total in one game.
(click text for more info)

Hotsteppers: The League

You are also invited to join the Penny Arcade Hotsteppers League. Pick a team and PM me.

Season 1
Spoiler:

Season 2

League Info:
Spoiler:

SEASON 2 STANDINGS
(updated 2/12/09 8:19PM EST)
1. New Jersey Devils - mclay8823 - (31-1-3) - 67pts
2. Philadelphia Flyers - Redfield85 - (21-6-2) - 44pts
3. San Jose Sharks - Laonar - (17-11-7) - 41pts
4. Colorado Avalanche - P0nd4ash - (18-7-5) - 41pts
5. Edmonton Oilers - remlap13 - (17-7-3) - 37pts

6. Buffalo Sabres - Rockethania - (16-9-4) - 36pts
7. Vancouver Canucks - pa chucksteak - (15-14-5) - 35pts
8. Boston Bruins - WiiilDPiZ - (12-4-3) - 27pts
9. Ottawa Senators - pouches 12 - (12-6-2) - 26pts
10. Tampa Bay Lightning – CCF23 – (12-5-1) – 25pts

11. Chicago Blackhawks - Conscript85 - (12-4-0) - 24pts
12. Calgary Flames - Mad Eye Moody- (8-5-2) - 18pts
13. Florida Panthers - TheBigDaddyDowd - (3-5-6) - 12pts
14. New York Islanders - Rykosho - (4-8-3) - 11pts
15. New York Rangers - twmjr - (4-6-2) - 10pts

16. Detroit Red Wings - Wolf871 - (5-1-0) - 10pts
17. Minnesota Wild - MnMaggot - (4-3-2) - 10pts
18. Montreal Canadians - ToneLoc777 - (3-13-2) - 8pts
19. Toronto Maple Leafs - Mill1gan - (3-11-1) - 7pts
20. Pittsburgh Penguins - Schide - (3-8-1) - 7pts

21. Phoenix Coyotes - Shlankx - (3-5-1) - 7pts
22. St. Louis Blues - Musanman08 - (3-1-0) - 6pts
23. Dallas Stars - MYitAt4 - (1-3-3) - 5pts
24. Anaheim Ducks – JohnTheJanitor – (2-13-0) – 4pts
25. Los Angeles Kings – soundstruck – (1-11-1) – 3pts

26. Carolina Hurricanes - KidsDoneSon - (1-0-0) - 2pts
27. Washington Capitals - MXrox - (0-6-0) - 0pts

LEADERS
(updated 2/11/09 10:27AM EST)
Goals: 17 (Patrik Elias – NJ)
Assists: 17 (Tomas Kaberle – NJ)
+/-: +30 (Bryce Salvador - NJ)
Hits: 148 (Kimmo Timonen - PHI)
PPG: 6 (Patrik Elias – NJ)
SHG: 5 (Alexandr Vasyunov - NJ)

Wins: 28 (Martin Brodeur - NJ)
GAA(min 5gp): 0.60 (Martin Brodeur - NJ)
SV%(min 5gp): 0.959 (Martin Brodeur – NJ)
Shutouts: 17 (Martin Brodeur-NJ)
Martin Gerber – OTT, Miikka Kiprusoff – CGY,
Peter Budaj – COL, Martin Broduer - NJ)

TRANSACTIONS
Spoiler:
Troubleshooting:
Spoiler:

redfield85 on
Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | My childhood on eBay
[3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [360/Steam/One] Redfield85 | [PS3] Recchi85
[Pinny Arcade] Looking for: Hearthstone

• mclay8823mclay8823 Registered User
    edited September 2008
    I'm in...

(Is this all I need to do, Cody?)

Spoiler:
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    mclay8823 wrote: »
    I'm in...

(Is this all I need to do, Cody?)
    redfield85 wrote: »
    You are cordially invited to try out for the Penny Arcade Red Wangs. Go ahead and sign up for the team if you are interested. Just hit the "Edit this page" text on the bottom right of the page.

Roster/Sign ups: Click here

Form created by MyNameIsWalrus.

PAsig5.png
    You're muckin' with a G!
  • roywhitbyroywhitby Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I wasn't going to get this but I might get this later this month or next month. How often do you guys think you would play? I don't think I would play more than 1-2 nights a week with 2-3 games when I do play. If this is going to be an everynight type of game then I don't think I can sign up.

Thanks.

sig.gif
  • EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You can have up to 50 players on a team.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I mean, the day the game comes out I might wind up playing all day. After that, I figure everyone might play as much as you said. But it probably will be my main game for quite some time, so I will be up for playing whenever people want to. Don't think of this as a full-time commitment. It is just for fun. Plus, the more people we have on the team the more likely it is that someone will be on when you want to play.

• puffycowpuffycow Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am in as an Offensive Defenseman. I am a friend of redfield's by the way.

FrankForum-1.jpg
  • MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So what happens if there's a language filter and we can't use the word wang?

steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008

Red Wongs?
    Red Wengs?
    Red Wungs?
    [strike]Red Wings?[/strike]

Uh, I have no clue. We could come up with a totally different name if people wanted. That is why this is a team, everyone is a part and gets to contribute. 8-)

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

Red Wongs?
    Red Wengs?
    Red Wungs?

Uh, I have no clue. We could come up with a totally different name if people wanted. That is why this is a team, everyone is a part and gets to contribute. 8-)

Three Yard Elfs

PAsig5.png
    You're muckin' with a G!
  • BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Red Wongs?
    Red Wengs?
    Red Wungs?

Three Yard Elfs

Red Weengs, or would that be too close?

Oh, and isn't the NHL trying to get a team into Kansas City one way or another? Why not make it a reality and go with the Kansas City Hotsteppers?

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    Spoiler:
  • K7 AvengerK7 Avenger __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2008
    Obviously I'm in. This will be my main game as another person said for a while. Can't wait to get some games in with you guys!

Irish+Assasin+J.png
    edited September 2008
    Kansas City Hotsteppers or Penny Arcade Hotsteppers get my vote.

steam_sig.png
  • RookieRookie Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Since I assume this is 360 team, any PS3 players get in touch with me and maybe we can organize our own team.

TheRizzle.png
    PSN: TheSuperVillain
    edited September 2008
    Rookie wrote: »
    Since I assume this is 360 team, any PS3 players get in touch with me and maybe we can organize our own team.

I was going to mention something like this. If you guys get together a list of PS3 hockey players (possibly make a PS3 google thingy) I will post it in the OP.

Right now I am working on posting stuff in my tips section in the OP. I figure a basic rundown of all the positions plus things everyone at every position should know. If any of you have something to add, just blurt it out.

As for the team name, I think Hotsteppers= win (especially after I read the posted strip).

• twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hotsteppers is definitely the way to go here.

Also, for the folks concerned about how much time they can put in, from what I understand it's a 50 person roster and any groups of 3-6 people can play at any time as the team (and I think multiple groups can play at the same time). So, time concerns shouldn't be a problem for anyone.

XBL/Steam: twmjr
  • chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'll be getting the PS3 version, and will likely be playing it quite a bit. Hopefully there will be enough PS3 players to form a team.

logo46xv.gif
    DON'T PANIC
    edited September 2008
    Due to [strike]popular[/strike] demand, there is now a NHL 09 Playstation 3 roster. Click "edit this page" to submit your info.

steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    I am down with Hotsteppers. I would really love the Red Wangs but I am pretty sure we won't be able to pull that one off.

FrankForum-1.jpg
    edited September 2008
    puffycow wrote: »
    I am down with Hotsteppers. I would really love the Red Wangs but I am pretty sure we won't be able to pull that one off.

Yea, I figure when I create the team I will go right with Hotsteppers. I assume everyone is OK with me making the team? Also, for the team name, if we are forced to pick a state (which we probably will be) I will probably pick Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania. PA. Penny Arcade. Yes, I am lame. I am also going to try and get the jerseys to look something like what I have posted in the OP, if not at least those colors (unless there is a rebellion against it).

What are our thoughts on actually picking up Free Agents? Since I am potentially being the coach, I feel if we do pick up a Free Agent that it will be a group discussion.

edited September 2008

Yea, I figure when I create the team I will go right with Hotsteppers. I assume everyone is OK with me making the team? Also, for the team name, if we are forced to pick a state (which we probably will be) I will probably pick Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania. PA. Penny Arcade. Yes, I am lame. I am also going to try and get the jerseys to look something like what I have posted in the OP, if not at least those colors (unless there is a rebellion against it).

What are our thoughts on actually picking up Free Agents? Since I am potentially being the coach, I feel if we do pick up a Free Agent that it will be a group discussion.

I second Pennsylvania :P

If you need any help redfield don't hesitate to ask. I'll take an A on my jersey :winky: How deep is the jersey customization in this game?

Irish+Assasin+J.png
  • NeuralFizzNeuralFizz Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This game ships tomorrow, right? I'd be interest in knowing how much you can customize the jersey's, if at all.

• CoreCore Registered User
    edited September 2008
    I am totally in on this. Grabbing the game tomorrow after work. I'll most likely be playing D and will probably be a Defensive Defenseman. I call #8.

core_pa_sig.jpg
    edited September 2008
    The jersey customization in 08 was fairly deep, hopefully it will be even better for this game. Here's what I made in around 10 minutes:
    Spoiler:
    For some reason I couldn't get the yellow on the jersey looking right. It kept showing up pale so I hardly used it on the jersey.

Core wrote: »
    I am totally in on this. Grabbing the game tomorrow after work. I'll most likely be playing D and will probably be a Defensive Defenseman. I call #8.

The game ships tomorrow, so it probably won't start showing up in stores until Wednesday. :(

steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    Core wrote: »

#8? That is for Mark Recchi, right? RIGHT?!

And that NHL 08 jersey and socks look great. I thought the game was coming out tomorrow. I totally forgot it was the shipping date. ARG.

edit: My third friend is signing up for the team but I guess he isn't making a Penny Arcade account. I told him to put "friend of redfield85" for his PA name.

edited September 2008
    I was in Gamestop today and he said it should be in tomorrow.

FrankForum-1.jpg
    edited September 2008
    They told me Wednesday when I payed for my copy. Are you sure they weren't talking about 2k9? That ships today and NHL 09 ships tomorrow.

steam_sig.png
  • EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Yea, I figure when I create the team I will go right with Hotsteppers. I assume everyone is OK with me making the team? Also, for the team name, if we are forced to pick a state (which we probably will be) I will probably pick Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania. PA. Penny Arcade. Yes, I am lame.

I'm going to assume you're a flyers fan.

I nominate Vancouver if a city is to be forced.

edited September 2008
    We have a whopping 2 people signed up for the PS3 team (including me). Yeah, not going to happen I don't think.

The EB here said it could be in tomorrow. That would be great.

logo46xv.gif
    DON'T PANIC
    edited September 2008
    Friend requests sent to the 360 roster.

steam_sig.png
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    If only this wasn't 60 bucks out the gate. I might end up caving still, I loves me some hockey.

• Peter BazookaPeter Bazooka Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Signed up as a LW sniper. Might not be able to pick the game up till Monday though.

• jb7jb7 Registered User
    edited September 2008
    We have a whopping 2 people signed up for the PS3 team (including me). Yeah, not going to happen I don't think.

The EB here said it could be in tomorrow. That would be great.

I just signed up, but I too doubt it will go anywhere :(

edited September 2008
    Signed up as a LW sniper. Might not be able to pick the game up till Monday though.

Coming late to practice?! That is a fine of $5,000. And you are demoted to 3rd line duty.

Anyone else for what place we should be from? Vancouver? Pennsylvania (initials are PA...which COULD stand for Penny Arcade :P)? Kansas City? Some ridiculous random place? I will send out friend requests tomorrow. Also, now I have three real life friends (you are all imaginary) on the team with a potential fifth. That doesn't mean I won't play with any of you though because I am sure they won't be playing 24/7 like I will. Plus, if someone is a "rookie" and isn't that good at the game I would like to play with you and help you get better.

I am curious to see how they let us assign captains and alternates. I hope we can make more than one captain and two alternates. OK, back to Fire Pro Wrestling Returns. It will probably be the last time I play it for awhile. :winky:

edited September 2008
    I work at best buy and we are not getting it in today and neither is my local gamestop. It shipped today. First a late demo and now a late game :x Only on the games I really want.

edit: take a look at the NHL 09 website, saying it's not supposed to be out till the 11th in the top right http://www.easports.com/nhl09/

Irish+Assasin+J.png
  • DemosthornDemosthorn Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Why not the Kansas City Hotsteppers?

edited September 2008
    God dammit. I have lots of time today and tomorrow, and then no time until saturday afternoon to play. This blows :(

logo46xv.gif
    DON'T PANIC
    edited September 2008
    I've started seriously keeping track of how many dudes have called in looking for 09. So far I've recieved 32 calls looking for 09 in the past hour and a half. Some of them being guys just like me that actually took off work to play this game. I feel bad for them, I almost did too :P

Irish+Assasin+J.png
    edited September 2008
    If EB Games doesn't have the game first thing in the morning is there a chance it could come later in the day? Just cause I'll wait until later to go check if this is the case (going to trade in some games and maybe pick up madden or tiger woods anyways).

logo46xv.gif
    DON'T PANIC
  • DemosthornDemosthorn Registered User
    edited September 2008
    This game has a very MMO like pre release feel. I feel like I need to get started ASAP to get a head start. It's so strange.

I have a team already set up with some friends of mine but I am sure that will die off in a few months and they will go back to CoD and Halo for the majority of their gaming, I am definitely in with you guys when that happens.

edited September 2008
    Demosthorn wrote: »
    This game has a very MMO like pre release feel. I feel like I need to get started ASAP to get a head start. It's so strange.

I have a team already set up with some friends of mine but I am sure that will die off in a few months and they will go back to CoD and Halo for the majority of their gaming, I am definitely in with you guys when that happens.

I just invited the few friends that will play this to the Hotsteppers. Fifteen people on one team = achievement. Yes, I am an achievement whore. I guess I could give my local Gamestop a call.

edit: Yea, he said should be coming in tomorrow. He almost sounded like he got a few calls already about it. Heh. One store is enough calling for me.