Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Need Help with Reversing HDD Designation and removing an OS!

TalonrazorTalonrazor Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So this is a really confusing situation. Basically, I had two drives, C: and D:. C was my system and programs drive while D was my games and media drive. The OS on C got so corrupted I couldn't even do Safe Mode. So I installed Windows XP Pro on my D drive to get back into the computer. Doing this caused D to become C and C become E.

In utter frustration, I pulled the corrupted drive that was originally C drive and boxed it (I'll get all the shit off of it later in an HDD enclosure) and bought a new WD 320GB to function as my system drive. I just finished installing it (all drives are SATA). Now it's coming up as E and the media and games drive is coming up on C.

It's right now being partioned and Windows XP Pro installing on it. What I want to do is pull the XP OS from the Media & Games drive (which is C right now), revert it back to D and put my new drive as C.

What's the best way to do this?

Talonrazor on
GM of Aftermath: Life After the End of the Future - Post-apocalyptic space opera of Novo Aether.
GM of Pearl City - A group of superheroes form The Beacons.
Player of Arifyn Tok in Kingmakers [D&D 4E]
Player of Kane Fainklyn the Hallow Preest in Crumbling Citadels [D&D 4E]
Player of Torin Magnus in Blackwood [Monsterhearts]
Player of Torin Magnusson in And Justice for All (M&M 3E)