As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Do I have the right to be compensated?

Cowboy BebopCowboy Bebop Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So I ordered up Warhammer Online from Play.com because they had the offer that if you pre ordered with them you would get a 2 day head start to play the game. Thing is they have not sent out the pre start code for the game and I have already lost a day of play. I’ve emailed and phoned them directly several times each time they said they would have the code out later in the day or immediately.

I would cancel the order in favour of Amazon who sell the game cheaper and have faster postage but Play.com doesn’t have any way to cancel the order once it's reached the packing stage.

It's not an isolated instance either there are a lot of other people who haven’t got there pre start codes. Also I ordered the game 12days ago(13 in an hour or two) yet people who pre ordered yesterday got the codes straight away.

So am I entitled to receive compensation for there blunders?

Cowboy Bebop on

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You could call and demand a refund, or demand that they comp you some free days, but you're not going to get them to give you money for that, no.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    MunacraMunacra Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Only Collector Editions are playing right now. Special Editions play tomorrow, and everyone else plays launch. Did you order the collector's edition?

Munacra on
  • Options
    HorseraddishHorseraddish Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    If it makes you feel better my amazon preorder I made in january for the CE says it'll ship Oct 6th

/ties noose

Horseraddish on
    If you're gonna punch someone in the face, aim for the back of the head.
  • Options
    ImDrawingABlankImDrawingABlank Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    To be competely honest, are you really so worried about those couple of extra days head start on the game as to demand a refund? Don't take this as the wrong way but use it as an opportunity to live a little before you get into the routine of the quest/leveling grind that most new MMORPG's are.

PS: You could always use the time to stock up on much needed supplies for extended gaming periods. Energy drinks, snacks, clean underpants, etc etc

ImDrawingABlank on
    lastfmml0.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    EU pre start started on the 15th, either that or a lot of people are lying about it & the long waits for joining servers.

Oct 6th...ouch.

I wasn't looking for cash just something knocked of the price or something but I guess I'll just cross that bridge when I come to it.

Cowboy Bebop on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    To be competely honest, are you really so worried about those couple of extra days head start on the game as to demand a refund? Don't take this as the wrong way but use it as an opportunity to live a little before you get into the routine of the quest/leveling grind that most new MMORPG's are.

PS: You could always use the time to stock up on much needed supplies for extended gaming periods. Energy drinks, snacks, clean underpants, etc etc

Its more the fact that I forked out extra for the 2 day head start and extra 5 days,wanted to play a little before I headed to university.

Cowboy Bebop on
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I agree with you, but the key issue isn't as much "oh noes I can't get a head start" (to me at least) as much as it is false advertising and the OP getting what he paid for. When he pre-ordered from Play.com, he did so because of their early-access pre-order bonus. Had they not offered such a bonus, he likely would have ordered from a competitor with cheaper prices. But now that it is fairly apparent he is not going to get the bonus, he is unable to cancel his order and get the game from a cheaper source.

I can't guarantee they will offer you anything, but I'd say it's worth trying to raise a fuss.

[edit] beaten by the OP

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.