As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Let's play a Game] UFO: Extraterrestrials- watch PA'ers die in droves

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Huh. Looks like it'll be a bit before I get blown to pieces. At least it looks like I'm deploying with Flippy.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Zandracon wrote: »
    Huh. Looks like it'll be a bit before I get blown to pieces. At least it looks like I'm deploying with Flippy.

Your avatar combines with that statement wonderfully.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I can't tell if Carch is going to be elated or crushed when aliens liquidate me instantly.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    I can't tell if Carch is going to be elated or crushed when aliens liquidate me instantly.

Little from column A, little from column B.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That makes you column Њ

Racially impure!

BURN!

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That makes you column Њ

Racially impure!

BURN!

I may only be a pool of slop in a tube; but folks, this kind of hatred will only tear us apart! Can't set aside our differences and join together for the common good - of kicking these aliens off of our planet?!

mrsnackroad on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    That makes you column Њ

Racially impure!

BURN!

8-)

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VelmeranVelmeran Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well...I got first kill, and then first death on the mission, so like, I'm a firster all the way (possibly first poured into the vats on return?)

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
  • Options
    Rogueknight-Rogueknight- Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    List has been updated, including all the people I missed before.
    USERACCOUNT: RogueKnight
    PASSWORD : ^^^^^^^
    AFTER ACTION REPORT COMPLETE - DO YOU WISH TO SAVE? -- YES
    LOGGING OFF

Amendmendum to report: Recommend that RogueKnight be placed in the tank for all future missions. The VR link is so wonky he couldn't even tell what killed him.

Oh and Private? I WAS going to cut you a check, but you BROKE ALL THB FUCKING SNIPER RIFLES. The fact that they weren't labeled yet doesn't mean you get to prank them all, maggot! Learn to aim instead of fucking with everyone else's aim or your next 'tank' will be a cardboard box. Clear?

*Salutes* Clear Sir!

I am in so much trouble. I won't break the next tank, I can't - The Commander will have me as Zen's bullet magnet when he starts charging stuff again.. I'll have to stick near PFC Food, he'll keep me alive.

They started cloning mrsnackroad earlier. That process doesn't look pretty and the smell....

And I'm going to have to sit in the Tank next time.... I wonder if I can fit my mini-fridge in the Tank Cabin. Worst comes to worst I could get a shopping bag worth of stuff in I suppose. I'll have a check when the next tank arrives... Maybe I'll take the Commander up on the Carboard Box offer, it would give something to store the food in till I rig up the Fridge...
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Speaking of- everything is quiet for a few days, letting research on Laser Technology completes. That opens up Laser Pistols and Medkits. (don't ask why the medkits are laser-tech. You don't want to know.). For now, we'll head for laser pistols. We also have:
    Larve (dead)
    Chaser (dead)
    Advanced Cannon
    Scout (alien ship)
    Sectoid (dead)
    and Sensor Bomb

available, if anyone wants to suggest a different track.

Starting with Lasers sounds like a plan Sir! *Salute*

Rogueknight- on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sounds like too much fun to pass up.
    See317 enlisting, if I can get a rocket launcher and a pocket full of hand grenades, I'll be a happy little killing machine.
    Alternatively give me a flame thrower, and I'll be forced to taste any alien I toast to insure that it's evenly cooked all the way through. Also, endless requisition forms for spices.

see317 on
  • Options
    RabidrabbitRabidrabbit Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Thank you for making this "Lets Play". Its very entertaining. :D

Rabidrabbit on
  • Options
    TheOne(AndOnly)TheOne(AndOnly) Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hurrah! I'm still alive bitches!

TheOne(AndOnly) on
    BNet USEast: Lampley | PKBlack FC:1850-1035-3335 | LoL PATheOneAndOnly
    PSN: Lqmpley | Steam: TheOne(AndOnly)
  • Options
    ApharmdApharmd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Apharmd reporting, I'd prefer sniper or heavy weapons position, if there are any left.

Heh. This is going to be fun. The game looks quite good, might look for it.

Apharmd on
  • Options
    ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The nice part about not being in the first couple missions is hopefully we later recruits will show up when there's plenty of body armor to go around.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I wanna run in like a maniac and get blown to smithereens. Rifle me up, if there's still time.

Srsly make me die in a funny and grotesque way.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yay grenades!

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    SanderJK signing up, because he heard there were job openings recently. He's a bit scared by the large amount of weeping people at the door of the facility, but eh. The guys who died were probably losers.

Which end of the gun is the one you point at aliens again?

(Don't care much what role I get)

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It looks like we'll have lasers before I get mulched, so laser rifle me up please :D

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    BlitzAce reporting for duty - just give me anything that blows them the fuck up. :twisted:

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    FoodFood Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dear Diary,

Those cocksuckers over in command are calling me Private First Class Food these days. They say I should feel honored but the truth is I could give a flying fuck about their ranks and medals. I signed on to tear some aliens a second asshole, and that's what I did. I told that to the doctor and he says that depending on the species I'd actually be tearing a third or fourth asshole. Fucking nerd.

I should be ready to suit up again in a few days. I can't wait. I realized something on my last mission. These aliens aren't like us. When I saw that Sectoid piece of shit staring down his barrel at me, I didn't see even a hint of feeling inside those creepy ass oversized eyes.

I heard about those hippie mother fuckers who are demonstrating back in the capital. They say we should be making peace with these aliens. They think we should all sit in a circle holding hands and sing koombayah. They wouldn't be saying that if they saw the report from the last mission. 8 men went in and only one came out with all his limbs intact. Poor bastard was promoted to private.

To these aliens we humans are nothing but shit stains on this planet. All they want is to wipe us out. Well maybe they will. Maybe the human race really is doomed. Doesn't matter to me. These missions are suicide anyway. Probably a week from now I'll be a dead man, but I'll be a happy one just as long as I take a fuck load of those alien bastards with me.

Food on
  • Options
    Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This thread gets better and better. I can't wait to die.

Dignified Pauper on
    PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • Options
    JastJast Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hopefully the next mission is posted soon.

Jast on
    Jast39.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Phoenix, great lets play! Only request I have is would you mind giving us an overview of the in between mission screens. I'd kind of like to see more of the rock we're going to die for.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Cinders wrote: »
    Phoenix, great lets play! Only request I have is would you mind giving us an overview of the in between mission screens. I'd kind of like to see more of the rock we're going to die for.

YOU'RE GOING TO BE TURNED INTO A GELATINOUS PASTE SUBSTANCE FOR EARTH.

God Bless Earth.

mrsnackroad on
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

God Bless Earth.

Soylent Green is redshirts! :D

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    edited September 2008

God Bless Earth.

Can't we just eat the dead sectoids instead? I hear they taste like chicken.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

God Bless Earth.

Why do you think we "executed" the alien we captured?

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008

God Bless Earth.

We do eat a lot, don't we. Then again there were over 40 of us redshirts last time I checked. I think the better question is where do we all sleep? There are only like 10 beds in the entire base.

Hmmm.

Dibs on the shuttle for sleeping!

Cinders on
  • Options
    joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Awesome Let's Play. Can't wait till its my time to shine......or smoulder more likely.

joshua1 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

God Bless Earth.

We do eat a lot, don't we. Then again there were over 40 of us redshirts last time I checked. I think the better question is where do we all sleep? There are only like 10 beds in the entire base.

Hmmm.

Man, I've been sleeping in the alien containment room. The dissection/torture table is actually really comfy, and as long as I remember to unplug the control console I can sleep soundly without my organs being forcibly ripped from my body.

It's working well so far. 8-)

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

God Bless Earth.

Hmmm.

Man, I've been sleeping in the alien containment room. The dissection/torture table is actually really comfy, and as long as I remember to unplug the control console I can sleep soundly without my organs being forcibly ripped from my body.

sicko! o_O

looks like you guys are off to a great start. lots of casualties on both sides. can't wait for the next slaughter.

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wraith260 wrote: »

God Bless Earth.

Hmmm.

sicko! o_O

looks like you guys are off to a great start. lots of casualties on both sides. can't wait for the next slaughter.
    This should be really entertaining when someone sneaks in and reactivates the rectal probulator while he's asleep.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    D'oh! Never mind the double post!

mrsnackroad on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    TehSpectre the Scout reporting for duty, sir! Where'd I leave those dual pistols? Ah, here they are.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    ZoneZone Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    let the games continue while I sit by regrowning my precious body.

Zone on
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Zone wrote: »
    let the games continue while I sit by regrowning my precious body.

They will! Tomorrow. I did say the updates could be sporadic, and I had other things to do this weekend. Should have updates all this week though.

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Speaking of continuing, here we go! Shorter update tonight, I feel like crap warmed over. Sorry. Because the transport barely got home AGAIN, we have some more recruiting to do. EIGHT of them, to be specific. That means Nocren, ben0207, Carch, KapsLocked, Raiden333, kedinik, wabbiteh, Behemoth. Say "Hi guys!"

...pay no mind to Nocren, he's just sulking because his gun isn't ready yet. I gave him a rifle/shotgun combo to compensation, sort of.

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fine... I guess Charlene's sister, Marla will have to do.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    A few days pass without incident, letting the Alien Containment finish up. Soon after, the Workshop does too...of course, we don't have any PLANS to build yet, but hey! That actually finishes out the month, and our overlords are mildly pleased with the death toll. Except for Patria.

Hmm. I think that one research lab we shot up was in Patria.
    PA42.jpg

A day or two later, and JOY! New guns!
    PA43.jpg

Of course, these aren't as good as X-Com's laser guns; they need batteries. Better than what we've got though, so the workshop goes to cranking them out while the eggheads turn to a rifle version.

Another Lab finishes soon after, and still no contact with the aliens. Maybe the blood bath scared them away, maybe they're off dicking with the other side of the planet.

Laser Rifle research takes only a week. By this time we've got enough pistols to replace all the current ones, so we switch production over to that while directing research into Heavy Lasers to quiet Nocren's bitching.

Finally, nearly a day later, another UFO is detected to the north, near Patria.
    PA44.jpg

It flies down south, and the Raptors knock it down just as it passes onto the main continent. PFC Food and his shiny new Laser Rifle load up, along with his contingent of newbies- all the new guys except Nocren, who refuses to board without Charlene.

This time they land in broad daylight.
    PA45.jpg

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Behemoth is first off, and takes fire almost right away. He runs forward but doesn't see the firing alien, so wabbiteh moves out- and takes fire from another direction entirely! He can't see anything either.

PA46.jpg

Stepping forward a little reveals a Larve hidden behind the bushes. He fires, and hits! In a first, it doesn't die. Raiden333 steps up and unloads to save him. Misses entirely. Great job, guys!

PA47.jpg

Carch puts an end to the foolishness by tossing a grenade. He misses too, but the shrapnel is enough to kill it. Behemoth spots the Larve that shot at him, but doesn't have enough AP to fire. kednik does, but its way out of shotgun range.

Fortunately, there's a solution to that.

PA48.jpg

Explosives: If it didn't work, you didn't USE ENOUGH. The larve was actually out of throwing range, but still in the blast radius.

Phoenix-D on