As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]icated to Irene

• Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    Urge to buy WAR rising.....
    Important question: what faction (and class, if you can be specific) interests you the most?

I have absolutely no idea. Everything looks kind of neat. What are you going for? Can we be buddies?
    There are PA guilds for both sides, but the Destruction one (The Six Mouths) seems to be much more popular.

I for one am an Orc because green is best and Orcs is da greenest.

edit: That's what I was afraid of. Elves can go straight to hell and I'm disappointed in you.

Bama on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Guys, my dong is so huge, what do I do????

put it in an orifice that aches to be pleased
    I should probably make a H/A thread. :P

i nearly made an H/A thread about finding condoms to fit my huge dong, but i refrained

Aren't there like, those Magnum kind?

I had a boyfriend who was like "wahh I don't liek condoms they hurt me"

And I was all "duh buy the bigger ones?"

And he was all "oh"

Medopine on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It is almost always going to be more dangerous to drive faster. You have less time to brake, react, move out of the way, etc.
    Sometimes it's more dangerous to go slower though

What if you're going slow and then WHAM you crash into a ravine

If you were speeding you could have jumped it

Elendil on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I like when song fragments pop in my head and I can recall where they come from. A few days ago it was the opening riff to Sugarloaf’s ‘Green-Eyed Lady’. Now it’s a riff from Kylie Minogue’s ‘Slow’.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Medopine wrote: »

i nearly made an H/A thread about finding condoms to fit my huge dong, but i refrained

And he was all "oh"

I think condoms suck in general. I suppose it's easier to have this viewpoint when you can count the number of people you've been intimate with on one hand.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Eh around here even in the winter going fast can be good. If, say, during a blizzard you're getting passed by a semi, you won't be able to see anything for roughly 20 seconds.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    One fingerless hand

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

And he was all "oh"

I think condoms suck in general. I suppose it's easier to have this viewpoint when you can count the number of people you've been intimate with on one hand.
    How many before you're unable to count?

Bama on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It is almost always going to be more dangerous to drive faster. You have less time to brake, react, move out of the way, etc.

Damn speed demons going 15 in my parking lot. They should be going 5.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

And he was all "oh"

thing is, it's not that i'm particularly long so much as wide, and strangely enough, larger condom sizes do not increase the size of the ring in any meaningful way

This is not a good thing

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Here are things I like about condoms

- they give me peace of mind
    - they contain the mess
    - they *can* help guys stave off premature ejaculation
    - they help prevent STDs

Complaining about fit is a poor reason to not wear one, is all I'm saying, especially when they make condoms for bigger penises specifically

EM: That's weird, my ex had the wideness thing going on too but it was alleviated by the bigger brand o condoms

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    major problem is that even when i use magnums and take the time to put them on properly and calmly, they usually come off during sex.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

And he was all "oh"

I've been with 5 and I don't think condoms suck. Not having a baby 9 months after having sex is always awesome.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

And he was all "oh"

One finger left. That's all it will take.

EDIT: Yeh, they were all on the pill. 2 for hormone balance reasons. One because she had a cyst. One because she was a year older than I was and we were just dating casually. I've worn a condom -twice- and just didn't like it.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    I hated condoms until I started trimming the ol' Easter basket.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    stilist wrote: »
    I wouldn’t say all or even most do it, but between my friends and going to college and living by a college, I believe there are a lot of young men who behave very foolishly with motor vehicles.

It's true. There are.

I just get tired of hearing people equate driving fast with driving poorly.

You can be a good driver and drive fast, but you cannot be as safe as someone who does not drive fast.

So yes, people who drive fast are endangering both themselves and others more so than they would otherwise, regardless of their skill level.

You can be a good driver and drive at all, but you cannot be as safe as someone who does not drive at all.

So yes, people who drive at all are endangering both themselves and others more so than they would otherwise, regardless of their skill level.

In other words, we need to acknowledge that there is an acceptable level of risk while driving, and certain people exceed that risk when they drive fast, certain people do not, and certain people exceed that risk when they drive at all.

I do not find the statement "driving faster is inherently less safe" to be controversial.

As the speed of your car increases, your ability to turn and stopping time decreases on an exponential scale. This is indisputable. Human reaction time is only so fast, and the sheer laws of physics mean things take longer, hit harder, and do more damage when there is a problem.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    major problem is that even when i use magnums and take the time to put them on properly and calmly, they usually come off during sex.

Hmm. There has got to be some kind of specialty condom brand that will work for you.

And no I'm not talking about female condoms D:

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

One finger left. That's all it will take.
    Oh I thought "on one hand" was modifying "been intimate with."

Bama on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

- they contain the mess
    - they help prevent STDs

Complaining about fit is a poor reason to not wear one, is all I'm saying, especially when they make condoms for bigger penises specifically

EM: That's weird, my ex had the wideness thing going on too but it was alleviated by the bigger brand o condoms

There are comparisons here to be made with the speeding discussion.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Hmm. There has got to be some kind of specialty condom brand that will work for you.

And no I'm not talking about female condoms D:

yeah, I'll have to try some other ones.

regardless, until then i am in a monogamous relationship with a responsible pill user and we're both confirmed clean and get tested regularly anyways, so condomless sex is valid for the nonce

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

And he was all "oh"

thing is, it's not that i'm particularly long so much as wide, and strangely enough, larger condom sizes do not increase the size of the ring in any meaningful way

This is not a good thing
    Plastic shopping bag and a rubber band

Elendil on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

- they contain the mess
    - they help prevent STDs

There are comparisons here to be made with the speeding discussion.

The moral of the story is always wear a condom when driving. Safety first!

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Urge to buy WAR rising.....
    Important question: what faction (and class, if you can be specific) interests you the most?

I have absolutely no idea. Everything looks kind of neat. What are you going for? Can we be buddies?
    There are PA guilds for both sides, but the Destruction one (The Six Mouths) seems to be much more popular.

I for one am an Orc because green is best and Orcs is da greenest.

edit: That's what I was afraid of. Elves can go straight to hell and I'm disappointed in you.

Look I don't want to be an elf. At all.

But how else can I sneak around and stab people in the back for massive damage while they are in the middle of a conversation with their friends and family and then slink off into the night cloaked in a shroud of darkness?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I do not find the statement "driving faster is inherently less safe" to be controversial.
    But it's not very useful. As has been pointed out, in currently realistic situations driving slower can be more dangerous.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The moral of the story is that excuses for speeding in the name of "safety" are usually less preferable than options that don't require speeding.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    But how else can I sneak around and stab people in the back for massive damage while they are in the middle of a conversation with their friends and family and then slink off into the night cloaked in a shroud of darkness?
    Well there's the Witch Hunter (Shadow Warriors don't get stealth, and the other stealth class is destructoin's Witch Elf), but that means you're playing Order.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    But it's not very useful. As has been pointed out, in currently realistic situations driving slower can be more dangerous.

No, it is definitely useful. Outside of situations where you are FAR FAR under the speed of traffic, staying in the middle lane and going the speed limit will always be safer than speeding.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well there's the Witch Hunter (Shadow Warriors don't get stealth, and the other stealth class is destructoin's Witch Elf), but that means you're playing Order.

Oh I thought shadow warriors had stealth. As long as I have stealth i'm happy so I could live with a Witch Elf.

I get to stealth and stab stuff right? Dude there are no dudes.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Guys I burned out on WoW years ago. Nothing I did seemed to matter and my friends stopped playing so I quit.

Will WAR be more fun?

MikeMan on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

The implications here are that the speed limit is the maximum speed for an acceptable amount of safety for every road, driver, and car; and that the systematic enforcement of the speed limit on major freeways is more effective at keeping people safe than hypothetical systematic enforcement of other traffic laws.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited September 2008
    MikeMan: do you know what it means to "superman a ho?"

It means to come on her back and stick a sheet to it, as though the sheet were a cape.

I thought you might find this informative given your brief foray into GnT.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

No, it is definitely useful. Outside of situations where you are FAR FAR under the speed of traffic, staying in the middle lane and going the speed limit will always be safer than speeding.

Not driving at all would be even safer. The question is not "what is safest," but "what is an acceptable amount of risk?"

Feral on

• Options
    edited September 2008

The implications here are that the speed limit is the maximum speed for an acceptable amount of safety for every road, driver, and car; and that the systematic enforcement of the speed limit on major freeways is more effective at keeping people safe than hypothetical systematic enforcement of other traffic laws.

Just because people speed does not mean driving slower is not still a better idea. There are more accidents in 55 zones because people speed. This does not mean 55 mph is less safe than 65 mph.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Oh I thought shadow warriors had stealth. As long as I have stealth i'm happy so I could live with a Witch Elf.

You do get to stealth and stab stuff, but yes there are no Witch Elves that are male or clothed.

Bama on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    MikeMan: do you know what it means to "superman a ho?"

It means to come on her back and stick a sheet to it, as though the sheet were a cape.

I thought you might find this informative given your brief foray into GnT.

Oh, I had just assumed that the part after "superman" was just standard nonsense noise.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Not driving at all would be even safer. The question is not "what is safest," but "what is an acceptable amount of risk?"

No, the question isn't about acceptable risks, but necessary risks. Speeding is hardly a necessary risk, whereas driving often is.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I guess I’m pretty good at starting in-chat debates? I could put that on my résumé.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited September 2008

You do get to stealth and stab stuff, but yes there are no Witch Elves that are male or clothed.
    Aw fuck well what's close to a dark knight? I can take being a dark knight. If i'm a lady I want to be respectable and wear things like clothes to show that i have some class while killing.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2008
    Wiretapping Sweden

24 minute documentary about the Swedish mass-surveillance law. Go watch.

Echo on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

So the options are female and unclothed?

Or is there a 3rd sex?

mrflippy on
This discussion has been closed.